Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/tumble The end is coming.
1 2 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283
Ripley, encountering Hesperus for the first time
JkpHEfN.jpg
Ecanthos nodded firmly. Yes, bread and cheese has never been better. His sandwich was nearly gone by now and he was very happy to have shared a meal with Gideon.
”Yes and thank you for cooking for me.”

(More people????????)
"Ack!" The feather- like most other wayward garbage- clung immediately to Ripley's tangled mane. The feathers quill jabbed through the matting irritated sore musculature. Ripley pulled it from a hairy (gross) prison and turned to see where it had come from.
The sight of a staring child was frightening but it seemed the feeling was mutual. Ripley eyed them for a moment, twisting the feather between two fingers of a bloodied hand.
Scare it, scare it, scareitscareit BOO-
"Ahem, Th-this is yours?" Spoke a gruff voice, one as frightening as who it belonged to. Ripley held the quill out but continued to spin it back and forth. Otherwise the bruised and battered person lacked any movement at all safe for an occasional slight wobble.
Ecanthos nodded firmly. Yes, bread and cheese has never been better. His sandwich was nearly gone by now and he was very happy to have shared a meal with Gideon.
”Yes and thank you for cooking for me.”

(More people????????)
"Ack!" The feather- like most other wayward garbage- clung immediately to Ripley's tangled mane. The feathers quill jabbed through the matting irritated sore musculature. Ripley pulled it from a hairy (gross) prison and turned to see where it had come from.
The sight of a staring child was frightening but it seemed the feeling was mutual. Ripley eyed them for a moment, twisting the feather between two fingers of a bloodied hand.
Scare it, scare it, scareitscareit BOO-
"Ahem, Th-this is yours?" Spoke a gruff voice, one as frightening as who it belonged to. Ripley held the quill out but continued to spin it back and forth. Otherwise the bruised and battered person lacked any movement at all safe for an occasional slight wobble.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
[quote name="Luminousheart" date="2023-08-31 13:10:28" ] Ripley, encountering Hesperus for the first time [/quote] [img]https://i.redd.it/hni13iwo3bb61.jpg[/img]
Luminousheart wrote on 2023-08-31 13:10:28:
hni13iwo3bb61.jpg
1bGY4da.gif
Gideon grinned at Ecanthos, "I love cooking, but cooking for you has to be my new favorite passtime." he beamed at his beloved friend. "We should do this again."

(they'll scatter like rats if Ripley approaches)

It hesitated, starting to nod for a moment, before suddenly jumping, getting spooked out of nowhere, like a deer, or a rat, or some strange little jackrabbit.
The little thing squeaked and rushed back into the alley, distressed at the strange person. Crying quietly and telling the others to go hide, just in case. They all ventured even deeper into the alley, (man, how deep does this alley go?) a couple coward behind Hesperus, who was probably knocked out as of recently. So currently, he was a very large, ominous lump.

Gideon grinned at Ecanthos, "I love cooking, but cooking for you has to be my new favorite passtime." he beamed at his beloved friend. "We should do this again."

(they'll scatter like rats if Ripley approaches)

It hesitated, starting to nod for a moment, before suddenly jumping, getting spooked out of nowhere, like a deer, or a rat, or some strange little jackrabbit.
The little thing squeaked and rushed back into the alley, distressed at the strange person. Crying quietly and telling the others to go hide, just in case. They all ventured even deeper into the alley, (man, how deep does this alley go?) a couple coward behind Hesperus, who was probably knocked out as of recently. So currently, he was a very large, ominous lump.

JkpHEfN.jpg
[quote name="Fishtastic" date="2023-08-31 13:20:09" ] [quote name="Luminousheart" date="2023-08-31 13:10:28" ] Ripley, encountering Hesperus for the first time [/quote] [img]https://i.redd.it/hni13iwo3bb61.jpg[/img] [/quote][size=1]Ripley, looking into the alley, trying to figure out what that big thing is[/size] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b9/7f/68/b97f681207d0de48142137c2b4ed8d1b.jpg[/img]
Fishtastic wrote on 2023-08-31 13:20:09:
hni13iwo3bb61.jpg
Ripley, looking into the alley, trying to figure out what that big thing is
b97f681207d0de48142137c2b4ed8d1b.jpg
JkpHEfN.jpg
Ecanthos smiled back with his signature crooked grin. This was very nice! They will have to do this again and a million times more after that. ”Of course and maybe I could try cooking for you?” Ecanthos said with the latter part being added as an afterthought. He did not cook often- practically never. He knew how to make one dish and that was all but boy could he do it well.

Ripley watched it run and the urge to chase willed a foot to move forward just a step. Don't run after people in the dead of night, weirdo.
Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run.
Morals were not enough to keep Ripley from investigating further. The feather was tucked behind an ear as lazy stumbling steps brought them around the bend. The image of a pelican or goose or something was what was expected. This...
This was not that.
Ripley's eyes did not stray to anything else in the alley. The scattering riffraff and floating down were not even close to as intriguing as the thing laying on the pavement. A whistle escaped chapped lips before they pulled apart into a wide grin.

"Karma has yet to forget my name- What the hell are you?" Ripley exclaimed, boldly approaching and crouching besides the mysterious figure. Grubby hands poked where feathers turned to skin. They were one piece. Some regular ol joe but with wings longer than a car. This was the weirdest thing ever and Ripley wasn't entirely sure it wasn't some hallucination.
Protocol! Protocol!
"Right, Right." Ripley nodded and tabled enthusiasm for now in favor of searching for loot in pockets and everywhere. Cash, coins, jewelry, anything. It was a very common rule: don't look a gift horse in the mouth, take all you are given.
Ecanthos smiled back with his signature crooked grin. This was very nice! They will have to do this again and a million times more after that. ”Of course and maybe I could try cooking for you?” Ecanthos said with the latter part being added as an afterthought. He did not cook often- practically never. He knew how to make one dish and that was all but boy could he do it well.

Ripley watched it run and the urge to chase willed a foot to move forward just a step. Don't run after people in the dead of night, weirdo.
Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run.
Morals were not enough to keep Ripley from investigating further. The feather was tucked behind an ear as lazy stumbling steps brought them around the bend. The image of a pelican or goose or something was what was expected. This...
This was not that.
Ripley's eyes did not stray to anything else in the alley. The scattering riffraff and floating down were not even close to as intriguing as the thing laying on the pavement. A whistle escaped chapped lips before they pulled apart into a wide grin.

"Karma has yet to forget my name- What the hell are you?" Ripley exclaimed, boldly approaching and crouching besides the mysterious figure. Grubby hands poked where feathers turned to skin. They were one piece. Some regular ol joe but with wings longer than a car. This was the weirdest thing ever and Ripley wasn't entirely sure it wasn't some hallucination.
Protocol! Protocol!
"Right, Right." Ripley nodded and tabled enthusiasm for now in favor of searching for loot in pockets and everywhere. Cash, coins, jewelry, anything. It was a very common rule: don't look a gift horse in the mouth, take all you are given.
1bGY4da.gif
[quote name="Luminousheart" date="2023-08-31 13:28:14" ] [quote name="Fishtastic" date="2023-08-31 13:20:09" ] [quote name="Luminousheart" date="2023-08-31 13:10:28" ] Ripley, encountering Hesperus for the first time [/quote] [img]https://i.redd.it/hni13iwo3bb61.jpg[/img] [/quote][size=1]Ripley, looking into the alley, trying to figure out what that big thing is[/size] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b9/7f/68/b97f681207d0de48142137c2b4ed8d1b.jpg[/img] [/quote] Ripley: … Inner Ripley: Free food maybe? Yes? [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/721924199236763648/1146922616091840572/Untitled_Artwork.jpg[/img]
Luminousheart wrote on 2023-08-31 13:28:14:
Fishtastic wrote on 2023-08-31 13:20:09:
hni13iwo3bb61.jpg
Ripley, looking into the alley, trying to figure out what that big thing is
b97f681207d0de48142137c2b4ed8d1b.jpg
Ripley: …
Inner Ripley: Free food maybe? Yes?
Untitled_Artwork.jpg
1bGY4da.gif
"Heck yeah! Oh man, I'm already hungry again." Gideon laughed to himself. Ecanthos' cooking! He liked that idea, this was great. Some big monster of greed and gambling Gideon turned out to be, he's just a big ol' idiot...seemingly.

Hands, touching his cold skin, Hesperus snapped out of his knocked-out-ness within a couple seconds after his pockets were starting to be raided. Like a trained solider, his first instinct was to lash out, and that involved him spreading his massive wings like they were battering rams. He scrambled to his feet and crouched down into some sort of defensive position. Think...Owl...but angry. And with like, eight wings. His main set was the 18 foot wingspan one, the others were a little smaller, some remained tucked away, others spread out as far as they possibly could.
Luckily, his pockets had been quite empty, save for a few little trinkets and a twenty dollar bill. What was he even going to do with that? This man did not look like he needed money.

Long white locks framed his face, it was weird how almost perfect his hair was, for a dude laying in an alley, he was lookin pretty clean. Besides some weird black stains on his hands and a few smears of dirt on his face. His clothes had definitely seen better days, a brown bomber jacket with fur lining was scuffed and even singed, his pants- actually no, wait, better observation, there was something strapped to his thigh, Big birdy man's hand hovered above it as he watched this...stranger who had just violated his personal space. His fingers had...joints? Like, puppet joints. His eyes were

gosh

really blank.

Not just like, big empty head stupid idiot.

They weren't even shiny, No pupil, not enough expression there either. Just..watching.

Mars stood, looking out the window of her penthouse, oh what a lovely view! How she loved seeing the city all lit up. She dramatically draped herself over the couch, humming to herself as she sipped some hot cocoa. It was peaceful in her lovely home. What a long day she had! Meetings and planning and all that business...ah what a productive day...
"Heck yeah! Oh man, I'm already hungry again." Gideon laughed to himself. Ecanthos' cooking! He liked that idea, this was great. Some big monster of greed and gambling Gideon turned out to be, he's just a big ol' idiot...seemingly.

Hands, touching his cold skin, Hesperus snapped out of his knocked-out-ness within a couple seconds after his pockets were starting to be raided. Like a trained solider, his first instinct was to lash out, and that involved him spreading his massive wings like they were battering rams. He scrambled to his feet and crouched down into some sort of defensive position. Think...Owl...but angry. And with like, eight wings. His main set was the 18 foot wingspan one, the others were a little smaller, some remained tucked away, others spread out as far as they possibly could.
Luckily, his pockets had been quite empty, save for a few little trinkets and a twenty dollar bill. What was he even going to do with that? This man did not look like he needed money.

Long white locks framed his face, it was weird how almost perfect his hair was, for a dude laying in an alley, he was lookin pretty clean. Besides some weird black stains on his hands and a few smears of dirt on his face. His clothes had definitely seen better days, a brown bomber jacket with fur lining was scuffed and even singed, his pants- actually no, wait, better observation, there was something strapped to his thigh, Big birdy man's hand hovered above it as he watched this...stranger who had just violated his personal space. His fingers had...joints? Like, puppet joints. His eyes were

gosh

really blank.

Not just like, big empty head stupid idiot.

They weren't even shiny, No pupil, not enough expression there either. Just..watching.

Mars stood, looking out the window of her penthouse, oh what a lovely view! How she loved seeing the city all lit up. She dramatically draped herself over the couch, humming to herself as she sipped some hot cocoa. It was peaceful in her lovely home. What a long day she had! Meetings and planning and all that business...ah what a productive day...
JkpHEfN.jpg
”Your enthusiasm is admirable but I couldn't eat another thing.” Ecanthos grinned. He crossed his legs and fiddled with his thumbs now that there wasn't a sandwich to occupy his hands. He liked how happy Gideon was constantly. It was rubbing off on him he could tell.

"WHA!" Ripley yelled as two walls of white barreled into them. There again was the pain of concrete as the floor broke the fall backwards. The garbage creature scurried backwards without bothering to get up. Terror was it's eyes as it watched in awe.

"Blasted bird-man belligerence!" It coughed nonsense, "I'm sorrysorry, I'm so sorry." Ripley's head was hung low and fists scrunched tightly over a crumpled 20 dollars. It wouldn't be returned, that was obvious. That defeats the whole apology too huh?
Suddenly Ripley very quickly rose to their wobbly feet. Yes, fast movements in front of a gun wielding adversary. Shaky hands were put up far over a messy head and Ripley stared with one bloodshot eye and another shrouded in blackened swelling.
This stranger clearly does not take pity on stray dogs by the look in their eyes. This is the end!!

Praeda sighed contently and briefly stretched a pair of long slender wings. One of them she curled inwards to pick and preen at like any self respecting bird would. A glittering feather or two fell. Cascading down, swooping gracefully in front of a few windows before vanishing just before the ground.
”Your enthusiasm is admirable but I couldn't eat another thing.” Ecanthos grinned. He crossed his legs and fiddled with his thumbs now that there wasn't a sandwich to occupy his hands. He liked how happy Gideon was constantly. It was rubbing off on him he could tell.

"WHA!" Ripley yelled as two walls of white barreled into them. There again was the pain of concrete as the floor broke the fall backwards. The garbage creature scurried backwards without bothering to get up. Terror was it's eyes as it watched in awe.

"Blasted bird-man belligerence!" It coughed nonsense, "I'm sorrysorry, I'm so sorry." Ripley's head was hung low and fists scrunched tightly over a crumpled 20 dollars. It wouldn't be returned, that was obvious. That defeats the whole apology too huh?
Suddenly Ripley very quickly rose to their wobbly feet. Yes, fast movements in front of a gun wielding adversary. Shaky hands were put up far over a messy head and Ripley stared with one bloodshot eye and another shrouded in blackened swelling.
This stranger clearly does not take pity on stray dogs by the look in their eyes. This is the end!!

Praeda sighed contently and briefly stretched a pair of long slender wings. One of them she curled inwards to pick and preen at like any self respecting bird would. A glittering feather or two fell. Cascading down, swooping gracefully in front of a few windows before vanishing just before the ground.
1bGY4da.gif
RIPLEY LITTLE MENACE HELP [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/721924199236763648/1146953927296815104/Untitled_Artwork.png[/img] [url=https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7v14aHJ0dZLkLg5Ick0phL?si=0ae9a8df50a741f4]playlist has started and everything GET OUT OF MY HEAD[/url]
RIPLEY LITTLE MENACE HELP
Untitled_Artwork.png
playlist has started and everything GET OUT OF MY HEAD
1bGY4da.gif
1 2 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283