Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Accessibility
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28 29
dark mode sound AMAZING! the current UI is so hard on my eyes
dark mode sound AMAZING! the current UI is so hard on my eyes
Shadoe wizird munie gang (we luv kasting spullz)
This is awesome! I have a close relative who is physically disabled, so I've long been an advocate for accessibility for people with disabilities. Seeing representation with a character like Susie is wonderful as well.

An optional dark mode would work wonders for me. I'm particularly prone to eye strain when it comes to screens, so I use dark mode wherever I can.
This is awesome! I have a close relative who is physically disabled, so I've long been an advocate for accessibility for people with disabilities. Seeing representation with a character like Susie is wonderful as well.

An optional dark mode would work wonders for me. I'm particularly prone to eye strain when it comes to screens, so I use dark mode wherever I can.
Great work y'all. [emoji=aether happy size=1]
Great work y'all.
I'm on the search for something catchy.
Not part of the target audience, but happy for those who will be able to enjoy FR more after this!

Out of curiosity, while we're talking about being able to use the website using alternative tech, why is there (little to) no attention to the mobile version of the website?
I imagine a lot of people (would like to be able to) use phones to visit the websites, but pop-ups sometimes appear outside the visible screen which makes it a frustrating kind of hide-and-seek, and the menu on the left is horrible for phone screens, requiring me to zoom in an absurd amount to ensure I can click the correct text. I think there's a lot to be gained there for those who don't always have access to a lapto, desktop, or large tablet.
Not part of the target audience, but happy for those who will be able to enjoy FR more after this!

Out of curiosity, while we're talking about being able to use the website using alternative tech, why is there (little to) no attention to the mobile version of the website?
I imagine a lot of people (would like to be able to) use phones to visit the websites, but pop-ups sometimes appear outside the visible screen which makes it a frustrating kind of hide-and-seek, and the menu on the left is horrible for phone screens, requiring me to zoom in an absurd amount to ensure I can click the correct text. I think there's a lot to be gained there for those who don't always have access to a lapto, desktop, or large tablet.
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
Level up

Edit: the person above me made some interesting points! :> I also use mobile to access FR(for the vast majority of the time), and deal with all of those, but I personally don’t really mind.

The only thing I will comment on is the zoom-in thing, which is a little worse now because of the link to our clans’ lairs being moved to the left side bar and completely replaced with the achievement icon on the right.

It’s a minor inconvenience, but a bit more so than the others when I have to zoom in specifically to the “Dragon Lair” link in order to click it(and often end up clicking the wrong one), instead of simply tapping the dragon-wing icon that used to be in my lil profile menu on the top-right!

If this is fixed one day, it’d be swell ~

Thanks for all the work you guys do! ^^

Level up

Edit: the person above me made some interesting points! :> I also use mobile to access FR(for the vast majority of the time), and deal with all of those, but I personally don’t really mind.

The only thing I will comment on is the zoom-in thing, which is a little worse now because of the link to our clans’ lairs being moved to the left side bar and completely replaced with the achievement icon on the right.

It’s a minor inconvenience, but a bit more so than the others when I have to zoom in specifically to the “Dragon Lair” link in order to click it(and often end up clicking the wrong one), instead of simply tapping the dragon-wing icon that used to be in my lil profile menu on the top-right!

If this is fixed one day, it’d be swell ~

Thanks for all the work you guys do! ^^

AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
if you're in favor of accessibility, how about not making people manually click 300+ times to claim all their "achievments"?
carpal tunnel is real, you know.
if you're in favor of accessibility, how about not making people manually click 300+ times to claim all their "achievments"?
carpal tunnel is real, you know.
[quote name="Foxofwonders" date="2023-08-25 04:08:07" ] Not part of the target audience, but happy for those who will be able to enjoy FR more after this! Out of curiosity, while we're talking about being able to use the website using alternative tech, why is there (little to) no attention to the mobile version of the website? I imagine a lot of people (would like to be able to) use phones to visit the websites, but pop-ups sometimes appear outside the visible screen which makes it a frustrating kind of hide-and-seek, and the menu on the left is horrible for phone screens, requiring me to zoom in an absurd amount to ensure I can click the correct text. I think there's a lot to be gained there for those who don't always have access to a lapto, desktop, or large tablet. [/quote] Came here to say this. I love these accessibility updates (especially planned dark mode) but holy hell this website is borderline unusable on mobile, especially as a Firefox user, sometimes this site feels actively hostile. It would he nice to know if a mobile version of the site is planned.
Foxofwonders wrote on 2023-08-25 04:08:07:

Came here to say this. I love these accessibility updates (especially planned dark mode) but holy hell this website is borderline unusable on mobile, especially as a Firefox user, sometimes this site feels actively hostile. It would he nice to know if a mobile version of the site is planned.
gotta go fast
thank you thank you THANK YOU for the dark mode confirmation. it honestly cannot happen fast enough
thank you thank you THANK YOU for the dark mode confirmation. it honestly cannot happen fast enough
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Awesome! Thank y'all for prioritizing accessibility.

Is it possible that when we get dark mode we might also get some plain solid-color scenes? I'd love to use dark mode on FR because I am prone to Le Migraines but some of my dergs are wearing skins that white out parts of the dragon (like I have a stick figure) and would look better on a white background.
Awesome! Thank y'all for prioritizing accessibility.

Is it possible that when we get dark mode we might also get some plain solid-color scenes? I'd love to use dark mode on FR because I am prone to Le Migraines but some of my dergs are wearing skins that white out parts of the dragon (like I have a stick figure) and would look better on a white background.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Can I see an example of how the new image alt code works?
Can I see an example of how the new image alt code works?
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28 29