Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Nuzlocke/lair death challenge
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99 100
....oh man, this is more tempting than I want it to be. I wonder how much I can force myself to pare down my lair....
....oh man, this is more tempting than I want it to be. I wonder how much I can force myself to pare down my lair....
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
@Noble I'm gonna do the same as soon as I have time to draw :)
@Noble I'm gonna do the same as soon as I have time to draw :)
@noodlesthing Exalted all Dragons and Hatchlings (except progens but they will stay in my lair doing nothing)

Still not shure which egg to hatch my Shadow or wind Egg i was actually thinking about some kind of weather disaster wiping out my lair so Wind would fit best but i guess i'll let you guys vote on which egg to hatch

Edit :

Will hatch the egg tomorrow so you guys still have some time to vote ~

Wind : 1
Shadow : 0
@noodlesthing Exalted all Dragons and Hatchlings (except progens but they will stay in my lair doing nothing)

Still not shure which egg to hatch my Shadow or wind Egg i was actually thinking about some kind of weather disaster wiping out my lair so Wind would fit best but i guess i'll let you guys vote on which egg to hatch

Edit :

Will hatch the egg tomorrow so you guys still have some time to vote ~

Wind : 1
Shadow : 0
@Shanny I vote Wind for dramatic irony
@Shanny I vote Wind for dramatic irony
Updating for the day! I'll leave writing out. :V Just words for today. |D Hatched: 1 male light guardian, generation one, 1 female wind guardian, generation one. Lucem [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5226102] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52262/5226102_350.png[/img] [/url] Venti [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5226168] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52262/5226168_350.png[/img] [/url] They will be my survivors. No casualities. 1 Nature egg found from Coliseum.
Updating for the day! I'll leave writing out. :V Just words for today. |D

Hatched: 1 male light guardian, generation one, 1 female wind guardian, generation one.

Lucem

5226102_350.png

Venti

5226168_350.png

They will be my survivors.

No casualities.

1 Nature egg found from Coliseum.
s6uh36.jpg
@noodlesthing

I'll be keeping my breeding pairs, as I've spent actual money on them xD But as for the other dragons I have about - they are soon to be exalted!

My rules will be a little different: Partitioned lair after Dancer. Once I get my lair set up and organized, everyone after her is part of the challenge.

• Any baby born of ANY of my pairs - breeding pairs included, will be exalted if they do not sell after 3 days. No exceptions. I am not allowed to keep breeding pair children I do not sell. This will be my personal punishment for keeping some dragons.

• As my food stores in the hoard are already low, and as my food stores turned to points are low, I WILL be using the coli for food, no gathering. My gathering turns will go towards scavenging for eggs.

• Every day I will go through my challenge dragons and use a coin flip online to determine if the dragon succumbs to sickness that day or lives on. This will continue until there is no one left besides the 'sole survivor'. In order to truly randomize, I will generate a number generator corresponding to the placement of the dragon in my lair to flip next, just in case I get rather unlucky with my 'live or die' flip. (ie: I dont want to exalt everyone on the first day except for the last dragon because he happened to just be the last I'd get to)

• I will only use my allotted egg purchase if I have not come across an egg in the coli or through scavenging that month, otherwise I will not purchase eggs.

Other than that, I will play as you have described! I'm rather excited now.
@noodlesthing

I'll be keeping my breeding pairs, as I've spent actual money on them xD But as for the other dragons I have about - they are soon to be exalted!

My rules will be a little different: Partitioned lair after Dancer. Once I get my lair set up and organized, everyone after her is part of the challenge.

• Any baby born of ANY of my pairs - breeding pairs included, will be exalted if they do not sell after 3 days. No exceptions. I am not allowed to keep breeding pair children I do not sell. This will be my personal punishment for keeping some dragons.

• As my food stores in the hoard are already low, and as my food stores turned to points are low, I WILL be using the coli for food, no gathering. My gathering turns will go towards scavenging for eggs.

• Every day I will go through my challenge dragons and use a coin flip online to determine if the dragon succumbs to sickness that day or lives on. This will continue until there is no one left besides the 'sole survivor'. In order to truly randomize, I will generate a number generator corresponding to the placement of the dragon in my lair to flip next, just in case I get rather unlucky with my 'live or die' flip. (ie: I dont want to exalt everyone on the first day except for the last dragon because he happened to just be the last I'd get to)

• I will only use my allotted egg purchase if I have not come across an egg in the coli or through scavenging that month, otherwise I will not purchase eggs.

Other than that, I will play as you have described! I'm rather excited now.

All was chaos this morning. The nest from yesterday.... those three beautiful hatchlings all dead. They were huddled together as if for warmth but of course there was none. Andromeda is terribly torn up over it. After all, she was watching them. She fetched Clippings as soon as she was able but not even Clippings could do anything. As if this wasn't enough, Ozomene and Thaumas lost their entire nest. The hatchlings were horribly skinny and malformed. It was better for them to hatch out dead than to have suffered through the day. Ozomene barely had the energy to name them. She and Thaumas appear to have gone slightly feral, growling and snapping at anyone who approaches. The entire clan has gathered to mourn, excepting us record keepers. People are starting to cast suspicious glances at the young one we took in yesterday but Allie says that if she was a danger then the clan's resident nature sprite wouldn't have taken to her so. We must trust she is right because if we no longer trust our Matriarch, what hope do we have?
~Morgana

Around midday we lost our final clutch of eggs and we have word that Fallen and Daybreak have started to sicken. Hedydipna is distraught but we're under direct orders to leave them in the care of Andromeda. The clutch of eggs hatched out dead, just like the last one. Disaster is coming, I can smell it. I don't think we can do anything about it.

After much fighting, Morpheus took a portion of our clan to see if they can find a reason for this madness. He took ten dragons with him. May the Gladekeeper smile on them.
~~Poseidon~~~

Casualties so far
2 Snappers
4 Guardians
1 Skydancer
3 Tundra
3 Fae
(this may be a bit off but it should be spot on tomorrow)
All was chaos this morning. The nest from yesterday.... those three beautiful hatchlings all dead. They were huddled together as if for warmth but of course there was none. Andromeda is terribly torn up over it. After all, she was watching them. She fetched Clippings as soon as she was able but not even Clippings could do anything. As if this wasn't enough, Ozomene and Thaumas lost their entire nest. The hatchlings were horribly skinny and malformed. It was better for them to hatch out dead than to have suffered through the day. Ozomene barely had the energy to name them. She and Thaumas appear to have gone slightly feral, growling and snapping at anyone who approaches. The entire clan has gathered to mourn, excepting us record keepers. People are starting to cast suspicious glances at the young one we took in yesterday but Allie says that if she was a danger then the clan's resident nature sprite wouldn't have taken to her so. We must trust she is right because if we no longer trust our Matriarch, what hope do we have?
~Morgana

Around midday we lost our final clutch of eggs and we have word that Fallen and Daybreak have started to sicken. Hedydipna is distraught but we're under direct orders to leave them in the care of Andromeda. The clutch of eggs hatched out dead, just like the last one. Disaster is coming, I can smell it. I don't think we can do anything about it.

After much fighting, Morpheus took a portion of our clan to see if they can find a reason for this madness. He took ten dragons with him. May the Gladekeeper smile on them.
~~Poseidon~~~

Casualties so far
2 Snappers
4 Guardians
1 Skydancer
3 Tundra
3 Fae
(this may be a bit off but it should be spot on tomorrow)
42259923111_7eb839f95b_o.png
@Shanny
I too vote for the wind egg.
@Shanny
I too vote for the wind egg.
42259923111_7eb839f95b_o.png
@noodlesthing This challenge sounds amazing! Count me in! Ok, so, I'm a baby who needs modified baby rules, since I've only been on FR since the latest window and I am far too attached to my stupid rainbow dragons that I've only had for two months to exalt them all! I'm going to borrow some from Before's mating rules and PossessedFae's health point rules as well as making some extensive modifications for my own personal rules. I only have one row open for this challenge at present but I'm going to allow the dragons to "earn" more clan slots as they reach higher levels. My initial challenge survivor, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=72772&tab=dragon&did=4877561]Tarn[/url], will act as my partition. For my primary surviving dragon, I allowed myself one "choice" -- Tundra breed, since I love fluffy dragons -- and went into the AH to find the cheapest basic/basic/basic unbred tundra that I could find. I got lucky and the lovely Water lady that popped up was an-almost-RTB FirstGen. I'm going to work those details into her backstory. I then bought the cheapest unhatched egg available on the AH, which turned out to be Lightning, and resulted in an adorable little girl guardian: Meet Tarn: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4877561][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48776/4877561_350.png[/img][/url] And her as-yet-unnamed survivor companion: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5251534][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52516/5251534_350.png[/img][/url] I can see my ladies' first challenge is going to be finding some boys, or their clan will stay small for a long time to come! [i]Personal Modified Challenge Rules:[/i] Rule of Expansion: --Limited Resources: The clan starts with one row (five spots) available for use. If surviving babies or found hatched eggs cause there to be more clan members than available clan spots, I will randomly exalt until the clan is @ the right #. --Moved to Better Hunting Grounds: First dragon to level 15 earns the clan a second row, first dragon to level 20 earns the clan a third row, and each time a dragon reaches level 25 after that will earn the clan an additional row. Rule of Usefulness: Treasure, materials, and trinkets will not be available for the challenge clan. Only useful (battle, apparel, food points, familiars) items are usable. --Pinkerton;s Windfall: The clan gets to use whatever useful items Pinkerton drops. --Kitty Left Gifts on the Front Doormat: The clan doesn't get to use any treasure from bonding with the familiars, but they can use whatever useful items they might get in chests received from those familiars. Daily Feeding: The main lair doesn't get fed until the challenge clan has won enough food points from grinding to feed themselves for the day. Food points they have earned will zero out @ rollover. Rule of Leveling: Clan dragons can only grind in areas of the coliseum appropriate to their level (no grinding in the training fields for a level 25, no rising a level 5 in the Mire) Rule of Breeding: --Til Death Do Us Part: Borrowed from @Before: Dragons will be put in permanent mated pairs, based on male/female unmated dragons becoming available in the group. Widow/ers may be paired up with a new mate. -- **** Or Die: One (max) nest will be available for the challenge clan to use. Each time a pair becomes available to breed and this nest is open, they must breed, even if having surviving hatchlings will put the clan over its size limit and result in random exalting. Rule of Replacement: Every new item replaces the oldest item the clan can use/wear! This affects familiars, apparel/skins, and most importantly, battle stones. --Has a Hard Time Keeping Friends: I'm going to assign challenge clan familiars based on the familiars they win in the coliseum. Each different familiar won will be a change in familiar assigned to them (new familiar replaces oldest belonging to the clan). --Hobo Dragons Must Wear Everything They Own: They must wear every item of apparel or skin that they win, and once they have maxed out their slots, the newest piece of apparel replaces the oldest. --Your Planned Stats Just Became Useless: They must use every equippable battle stone they win through grinding, with newest stone replacing/destroying the oldest stone. This will make grinding .... interesting. Health Points: Borrowing part of the health point rule that @PossessedFae came up with since my rule of replacement for battle stones may give me some crazy stats! --Each dragon starts out with five baseline health points, and earning levels earns the dragon more baseline points. Levels 1-4: 5 baseline HP, Levels 5-9: 6 baseline HP, Levels 10-14: 7 baseline HP, Levels 15-19: 8 baseline HP, Levels 20-24: 9 baseline HP, Level 25: 10 baseline HP --Fainting in the coliseum causes the dragon to lose one health point. --Not feeding the clan for a full day causes each member to lose 2 health points. --Each dragon regains one health point each day. --Potions earned in battle can be used as a chance to regain health, using random.org to roll for how much they can regain, up to a max of 5. When dragons level, they get the same chance to heal. This is going to be a lot of fun, especially fighting with the ever-changing battle stones! Backstory and tale of tragedy to come tomorrow!
@noodlesthing

This challenge sounds amazing! Count me in!

Ok, so, I'm a baby who needs modified baby rules, since I've only been on FR since the latest window and I am far too attached to my stupid rainbow dragons that I've only had for two months to exalt them all!

I'm going to borrow some from Before's mating rules and PossessedFae's health point rules as well as making some extensive modifications for my own personal rules.

I only have one row open for this challenge at present but I'm going to allow the dragons to "earn" more clan slots as they reach higher levels. My initial challenge survivor, Tarn, will act as my partition.

For my primary surviving dragon, I allowed myself one "choice" -- Tundra breed, since I love fluffy dragons -- and went into the AH to find the cheapest basic/basic/basic unbred tundra that I could find. I got lucky and the lovely Water lady that popped up was an-almost-RTB FirstGen. I'm going to work those details into her backstory.

I then bought the cheapest unhatched egg available on the AH, which turned out to be Lightning, and resulted in an adorable little girl guardian:

Meet Tarn:

4877561_350.png

And her as-yet-unnamed survivor companion:

5251534_350.png

I can see my ladies' first challenge is going to be finding some boys, or their clan will stay small for a long time to come!

Personal Modified Challenge Rules:

Rule of Expansion:
--Limited Resources: The clan starts with one row (five spots) available for use. If surviving babies or found hatched eggs cause there to be more clan members than available clan spots, I will randomly exalt until the clan is @ the right #.
--Moved to Better Hunting Grounds: First dragon to level 15 earns the clan a second row, first dragon to level 20 earns the clan a third row, and each time a dragon reaches level 25 after that will earn the clan an additional row.

Rule of Usefulness: Treasure, materials, and trinkets will not be available for the challenge clan. Only useful (battle, apparel, food points, familiars) items are usable.
--Pinkerton;s Windfall: The clan gets to use whatever useful items Pinkerton drops.
--Kitty Left Gifts on the Front Doormat: The clan doesn't get to use any treasure from bonding with the familiars, but they can use whatever useful items they might get in chests received from those familiars.

Daily Feeding: The main lair doesn't get fed until the challenge clan has won enough food points from grinding to feed themselves for the day. Food points they have earned will zero out @ rollover.

Rule of Leveling: Clan dragons can only grind in areas of the coliseum appropriate to their level (no grinding in the training fields for a level 25, no rising a level 5 in the Mire)

Rule of Breeding:
--Til Death Do Us Part: Borrowed from @Before: Dragons will be put in permanent mated pairs, based on male/female unmated dragons becoming available in the group. Widow/ers may be paired up with a new mate.
-- **** Or Die: One (max) nest will be available for the challenge clan to use. Each time a pair becomes available to breed and this nest is open, they must breed, even if having surviving hatchlings will put the clan over its size limit and result in random exalting.

Rule of Replacement:
Every new item replaces the oldest item the clan can use/wear! This affects familiars, apparel/skins, and most importantly, battle stones.
--Has a Hard Time Keeping Friends: I'm going to assign challenge clan familiars based on the familiars they win in the coliseum. Each different familiar won will be a change in familiar assigned to them (new familiar replaces oldest belonging to the clan).
--Hobo Dragons Must Wear Everything They Own: They must wear every item of apparel or skin that they win, and once they have maxed out their slots, the newest piece of apparel replaces the oldest.
--Your Planned Stats Just Became Useless: They must use every equippable battle stone they win through grinding, with newest stone replacing/destroying the oldest stone. This will make grinding .... interesting.

Health Points:
Borrowing part of the health point rule that @PossessedFae came up with since my rule of replacement for battle stones may give me some crazy stats!
--Each dragon starts out with five baseline health points, and earning levels earns the dragon more baseline points. Levels 1-4: 5 baseline HP, Levels 5-9: 6 baseline HP, Levels 10-14: 7 baseline HP, Levels 15-19: 8 baseline HP, Levels 20-24: 9 baseline HP, Level 25: 10 baseline HP
--Fainting in the coliseum causes the dragon to lose one health point.
--Not feeding the clan for a full day causes each member to lose 2 health points.
--Each dragon regains one health point each day.
--Potions earned in battle can be used as a chance to regain health, using random.org to roll for how much they can regain, up to a max of 5. When dragons level, they get the same chance to heal.

This is going to be a lot of fun, especially fighting with the ever-changing battle stones! Backstory and tale of tragedy to come tomorrow!
@noodlesthing Alright, I can't resist this idea. I'm not at all bored with all my pretty dragons and my 10000 dragons though, so I'll be playing a modified "baby" version. I'll post my rules after I get home tonight. For now, here's my starting cast. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5076294] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50763/5076294_350.png[/img] [/url] Julius, the radical founder of a group of clan separatists. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5265122] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52652/5265122_350.png[/img] [/url] And Uprising, the rather distressing Tundra who hatched from the egg she stole. Both triple basic first gens. Both female. I see the separatists will need to find some males, first.
@noodlesthing

Alright, I can't resist this idea. I'm not at all bored with all my pretty dragons and my 10000 dragons though, so I'll be playing a modified "baby" version.

I'll post my rules after I get home tonight. For now, here's my starting cast.

5076294_350.png

Julius, the radical founder of a group of clan separatists.

5265122_350.png

And Uprising, the rather distressing Tundra who hatched from the egg she stole.

Both triple basic first gens. Both female. I see the separatists will need to find some males, first.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99 100