Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So when is Coliseum getting revamped?
1 2 3
[quote name="@Gothique" date="2023-08-09 19:51:55" ] @/Natron - I admit that I've been very bad at keeping up with updates; could you touch on what the refactor is? [/quote] I know you're pinging somebody else but I'm popping my head in anyway. On the site refactor: It's basically optimizing the website's code so it's easier on the developers to implement updates since it used to be an arduous process. Any Flight Rising webpage marked with "www" in its URL is running on [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2786154/38#post_41460581]legacy code.[/url] "www1" are pages running on newer code. The team's main goal was to finish moving the majority of the website onto the new code [i]and[/i] bring back achievements on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3192646]10th anniversary update[/url], which they did, but there are technically a few webpages left that haven't been moved yet but [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3244799]it's 97% done[/url]. Not often, but sometimes an update thread would give us a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3141836]list in green and red text[/url] that showed which pages had to be refactored before Achievements. All of those pages are now finished with their conversion. Not sure where the last 3% is coming from but it seems to be [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3244799]these pages[/url]: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2023-06-08 07:21:32"]As far as what is still left to do: we have a handful of lower-risk pages ([b]Account Settings[/b], the [b]Encyclopedia's table of contents[/b], [b]User Search[/b], etc.) and some backend systems that will likely get refactored soon for the sake of compatibility. Finishing these is still important, as it further helps consolidate our site's analytics operations and search engine optimization efforts under a singular subdomain. And yes, we will still be revamping many of the features that only got 1:1 conversions, so don't worry about that![/quote] But because the main 97% is out of the way, everyone is hoping it'll give us more big boi updates and outdated stuff being fixed beyond just Achievements coming back. Sorry for the barrage of links, but those are my sources because information is a bit scattered and I can't remember where or when the initial announcement of it occurred.
@Gothique wrote on 2023-08-09 19:51:55:
@/Natron - I admit that I've been very bad at keeping up with updates; could you touch on what the refactor is?
I know you're pinging somebody else but I'm popping my head in anyway.

On the site refactor: It's basically optimizing the website's code so it's easier on the developers to implement updates since it used to be an arduous process.

Any Flight Rising webpage marked with "www" in its URL is running on legacy code. "www1" are pages running on newer code.

The team's main goal was to finish moving the majority of the website onto the new code and bring back achievements on the 10th anniversary update, which they did, but there are technically a few webpages left that haven't been moved yet but it's 97% done.

Not often, but sometimes an update thread would give us a list in green and red text that showed which pages had to be refactored before Achievements. All of those pages are now finished with their conversion.

Not sure where the last 3% is coming from but it seems to be these pages:
Xhaztol wrote on 2023-06-08 07:21:32:
As far as what is still left to do: we have a handful of lower-risk pages (Account Settings, the Encyclopedia's table of contents, User Search, etc.) and some backend systems that will likely get refactored soon for the sake of compatibility. Finishing these is still important, as it further helps consolidate our site's analytics operations and search engine optimization efforts under a singular subdomain.

And yes, we will still be revamping many of the features that only got 1:1 conversions, so don't worry about that!

But because the main 97% is out of the way, everyone is hoping it'll give us more big boi updates and outdated stuff being fixed beyond just Achievements coming back.

Sorry for the barrage of links, but those are my sources because information is a bit scattered and I can't remember where or when the initial announcement of it occurred.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
Was just about to give an explanation but I'm glad I checked the last page. What DoubleO said!
Was just about to give an explanation but I'm glad I checked the last page. What DoubleO said!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
the fabled 'Soon' tm
the fabled 'Soon' tm
1CLMtep.png
Lana
23 l +2 FR
They / Them

swip.png
[quote name="bittersuite" date="2023-08-09 16:40:22" ] I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that. ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023. [quote]Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.[/quote] [/quote] I found myself wondering what the status of that change was at the beginning of this event. A regen for camping would be so nice to have.
bittersuite wrote on 2023-08-09 16:40:22:
I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that.

ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023.
Quote:
Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.

I found myself wondering what the status of that change was at the beginning of this event. A regen for camping would be so nice to have.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 3