Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | [IC] Breedable Dino Adopts!
1 2
[center][i][All promotional images may not be final!][/i][/center] [b]Greetings![/b] I'm here to garner some interest in a little bit of a forum adopt game! This set of adopts will feature all manner of prehistoric life. You'll be able to breed these creatures, finding all sorts of color combinations and patterns! With luck, these genomes will be able to mutate, as well, opening up a slough of new possibilities and combinations! I will say now: some aspects of this game are going to stray away from historical accuracy--namely, the ability to breed [i]hybrids[/i]! Not true hybrids, however; some prehistoric beasts may only be available through breeding some unlikely pairs. For a random example (and not true to the final plans of these individuals), a Stegosaurus and an Allosaurus may net you the egg of the ever-popular Tyrannosaurus Rex! To start, the game will feature two dinos in its initial, beta stage: [b]Coelophysis [/b]and [b]Protoceratops[/b], shown respectively below! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138829250456190976/1138829311965659196/coelophysis.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138829250456190976/1138829339400614029/protoceratops.png[/img] All creatures come with [i]3[/i] base color regions, and will be able to choose from an ever-growing list of [i]Common Patterns[/i], such as [b]Saddle [/b]and [b]Hood[/b]: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138829938246549695/1138834247403192340/saddle.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138829938246549695/1138834375853748386/hood.png[/img] ...and only a select few dinos will be able to benefit in sporting some [i]Rare Patterns[/i] as well, such as [b]Bandit [/b]and [b]War Paint[/b]! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138834644205314048/1138834694738280528/bandit.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1138834644205314048/1138834746881876018/warpaint.png[/img] On top of this, [b]every creature[/b] may present up to [i]2 patterns[/i] at one time, each with their own color regions! Both pattern slots can also pass onto the offspring during breeding, and items which alter a creature's pattern will be made available to curate these results! There will be no concrete, limiting Color Wheel for the purposes of creating or breeding these creatures. Colors for offspring will tightly follow that of their parents, with some deviance being possible through mutations. There may even be opportunities to snag items that randomize color regions! Player-to-player compatibility will also be totally supported. Work with others to obtain desirable parents, or co-operatively breed your beasts! (Note that attempts to scam others, however it may be done, will not be acceptable in the slightest, and will be penalized in the best way I see fit.) An entry fee for your first starter dino will be required, though at a much more reduced price than normal, pre-made beasts (sold in a general shop area) will list. This starter dinosaur's species is determined entirely by you, will be patternless, and will have a random set of sensible colors (so, no murk/bubblegum/honey monstrosities, no worries [emoji=bogsneak tongue size=1]). As for the breeding aspect itself: it will come with a slight fee per breed, a calendar-based cooldown for the creatures involved (and their young), and the amount of young produced will be based on a[i] Clutch Size[/i] (CS) applied to the mother's species, ranging anywhere from 1 to 3. Both starter dinos have a CS of 3, so results are sure to be plentiful, no matter the combination! Future plans include a much-expanded roster (of course!), hybrid patterns, and an off-to-the-side gacha draw as an alternative way to obtain rare items, such as pattern-changers, color-swappers, and creature eggs! I also plan to run events, if I find the time for them, that will line up with major holidays and FR events themselves. These events will have their own limited items, such as pre-generated palettes for your dinos to swap into, and limited patterns! (Note: There will be [i]no[/i] limited creatures, period. I understand wholly the frustration of maybe having joined just a little too late, and fighting tooth and nail for some of the flashiest goods such events had to offer :] Additionally, the aforementioned gacha system will actually [i]include [/i]past limited items at a not-so-shabby rate, so that these ultimately cosmetic goods can be obtained by anyone at any time!) [b]Whew![/b] That feels like a mouthful. But, with the heavy reading out of the way, if you consider yourself interested, consider leaving a reply, or maybe request to be on an opening pinglist! I plan to include the first hybrid creature once I fully open, so stick around for that, maybe! I shan't say who... but they're a bunch of small, quilly little guys, that's for certain! [emoji=bogsneak laughing size=1] [rule] [b]Pinglist![/b] MythicalWatch101 Marginos MandiblesInferno HyenaGlitch ElBurritoBandito RosaTheRad CyanMoo
[All promotional images may not be final!]

Greetings! I'm here to garner some interest in a little bit of a forum adopt game! This set of adopts will feature all manner of prehistoric life. You'll be able to breed these creatures, finding all sorts of color combinations and patterns! With luck, these genomes will be able to mutate, as well, opening up a slough of new possibilities and combinations!

I will say now: some aspects of this game are going to stray away from historical accuracy--namely, the ability to breed hybrids! Not true hybrids, however; some prehistoric beasts may only be available through breeding some unlikely pairs. For a random example (and not true to the final plans of these individuals), a Stegosaurus and an Allosaurus may net you the egg of the ever-popular Tyrannosaurus Rex!

To start, the game will feature two dinos in its initial, beta stage: Coelophysis and Protoceratops, shown respectively below!

coelophysis.png
protoceratops.png

All creatures come with 3 base color regions, and will be able to choose from an ever-growing list of Common Patterns, such as Saddle and Hood:

saddle.png
hood.png

...and only a select few dinos will be able to benefit in sporting some Rare Patterns as well, such as Bandit and War Paint!

bandit.png
warpaint.png

On top of this, every creature may present up to 2 patterns at one time, each with their own color regions! Both pattern slots can also pass onto the offspring during breeding, and items which alter a creature's pattern will be made available to curate these results!

There will be no concrete, limiting Color Wheel for the purposes of creating or breeding these creatures. Colors for offspring will tightly follow that of their parents, with some deviance being possible through mutations. There may even be opportunities to snag items that randomize color regions!

Player-to-player compatibility will also be totally supported. Work with others to obtain desirable parents, or co-operatively breed your beasts! (Note that attempts to scam others, however it may be done, will not be acceptable in the slightest, and will be penalized in the best way I see fit.)

An entry fee for your first starter dino will be required, though at a much more reduced price than normal, pre-made beasts (sold in a general shop area) will list. This starter dinosaur's species is determined entirely by you, will be patternless, and will have a random set of sensible colors (so, no murk/bubblegum/honey monstrosities, no worries ).

As for the breeding aspect itself: it will come with a slight fee per breed, a calendar-based cooldown for the creatures involved (and their young), and the amount of young produced will be based on a Clutch Size (CS) applied to the mother's species, ranging anywhere from 1 to 3. Both starter dinos have a CS of 3, so results are sure to be plentiful, no matter the combination!

Future plans include a much-expanded roster (of course!), hybrid patterns, and an off-to-the-side gacha draw as an alternative way to obtain rare items, such as pattern-changers, color-swappers, and creature eggs! I also plan to run events, if I find the time for them, that will line up with major holidays and FR events themselves. These events will have their own limited items, such as pre-generated palettes for your dinos to swap into, and limited patterns!

(Note: There will be no limited creatures, period. I understand wholly the frustration of maybe having joined just a little too late, and fighting tooth and nail for some of the flashiest goods such events had to offer :] Additionally, the aforementioned gacha system will actually include past limited items at a not-so-shabby rate, so that these ultimately cosmetic goods can be obtained by anyone at any time!)

Whew! That feels like a mouthful. But, with the heavy reading out of the way, if you consider yourself interested, consider leaving a reply, or maybe request to be on an opening pinglist! I plan to include the first hybrid creature once I fully open, so stick around for that, maybe! I shan't say who... but they're a bunch of small, quilly little guys, that's for certain!

Pinglist! MythicalWatch101 Marginos MandiblesInferno HyenaGlitch ElBurritoBandito RosaTheRad CyanMoo
left_anim_a.gif adoptables.png
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
OOH THIS LOOKS COOL [emoji=aberration star size=2] I'd love to be put on the opening pinglist!!
OOH THIS LOOKS COOL I'd love to be put on the opening pinglist!!
call me Myth or Sinclair, he/him
morning bump :)
morning bump :)
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
I love dinosaurs! Would like to be on the ping list!
I love dinosaurs! Would like to be on the ping list!
lightninganim3.gif
She/They
Ohh this is so cool! The way you draw dinosaurs is fantastic and i love the concept. I'd love to be on the pinglist!
Ohh this is so cool! The way you draw dinosaurs is fantastic and i love the concept. I'd love to be on the pinglist!
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

aftanoon bump!
aftanoon bump!
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
Dinosaurs!!! I'd love to be added to the pinglist for when this eventually opens!
Dinosaurs!!! I'd love to be added to the pinglist for when this eventually opens!
77658809_tthOqVT4Nd1yZea.png
gmorning!! gonna work on some banner arts but still vying for interested folks! ^^
gmorning!! gonna work on some banner arts but still vying for interested folks! ^^
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
I would love to be put on the ping list! This looks so cool!
I would love to be put on the ping list! This looks so cool!
Put me on the pinglist too please!
Put me on the pinglist too please!
pigeon sitting (link)pigeon sitting (link)puffy brown dove (link)very flat pigeon (link)
genderqueer
asexual
she/her
ADHD
Canadian
FR Time +4
1 2