Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Invading fairy type pokemon
1 2 3 4 5
This feels like a thread right out of SpaceBattles.
[quote name="Decaying" date="2023-08-03 13:41:05" ] This feels like a thread right out of SpaceBattles. [/quote] Kinda, but I am trying to keep people from thinking the fairies will be taken out so easily just because some of the fr dragons are bigger, and stuff so eh
Decaying wrote on 2023-08-03 13:41:05:
Kinda, but I am trying to keep people from thinking the fairies will be taken out so easily just because some of the fr dragons are bigger, and stuff so eh
[quote name="ArsonistFurry" date="2023-08-03 13:06:52" ] i think my plague dragons would be fine, i guess they'd be close to poison-type? just throw them in the wyrmwound [/quote] Steel/fairies types exist *Klefki enters the arena and begins abusing swagplay tactics, along with other abuses of the prankster ability
ArsonistFurry wrote on 2023-08-03 13:06:52:
i think my plague dragons would be fine, i guess they'd be close to poison-type? just throw them in the wyrmwound
Steel/fairies types exist
*Klefki enters the arena and begins abusing swagplay tactics, along with other abuses of the prankster ability
No dragons are pure dragons. All of our dragons are dual typed.

Earth dragons: Dragon/Rock
Fire dragons : Dragon/Fire
Water dragons : Dragon/Water
Wind dragons: Dragon/Flying
Ice dragons: Dragon/Ice
Shadow dragons: Dragon/Dark
Light dragons: Dragon/Psychic
Lightning dragons: Dragon/Electric
Nature dragons: Dragon/Grass
Plague dragons: Dragon/Poison
Arcane dragons: Dragon/Fairy

With dual stab on our side, and given that our dragons BST, I think that a decent sized lair can take out pretty any non-legendary fairy.

Dragons will go stomp.

"But minimize"

Stomp does double damage on any target that uses minimize.

With dual stab on our side, and given that our dragons BST, I think that a decent sized lair can take out pretty any non-legendary fairy.

Dragons will go stomp.

"But minimize"

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-08-03 14:51:29" ] No dragons are pure dragons. All of our dragons are dual typed. Earth dragons: Dragon/Rock Fire dragons : Dragon/Fire Water dragons : Dragon/Water Wind dragons: Dragon/Flying Ice dragons: Dragon/Ice Shadow dragons: Dragon/Dark Light dragons: Dragon/Psychic Lightning dragons: Dragon/Electric Nature dragons: Dragon/Grass Plague dragons: Dragon/Poison Arcane dragons: Dragon/Fairy With dual stab on our side, and given that our dragons BST, I think that a decent sized lair can take out pretty any non-legendary fairy. Dragons will go stomp. "But minimize" Stomp does double damage on any target that uses minimize. [/quote] Flutter Mane is part ghost, and my brain keeps going to annoying strats like double team, sand attack, paraflinch, prankster shenanigans, and whatever the heck Zacian and Xerneas are going to do On another note what if the fairy types were pokemon mystery dungeon characters any stats on that? Considering at least the protags can be unevolved and still take down gods like dialga, and carry pouches of items, equipment, and more
Corviknight wrote on 2023-08-03 14:51:29:

Dragons will go stomp.

"But minimize"

Flutter Mane is part ghost, and my brain keeps going to annoying strats like double team, sand attack, paraflinch, prankster shenanigans, and whatever the heck Zacian and Xerneas are going to do
On another note what if the fairy types were pokemon mystery dungeon characters any stats on that? Considering at least the protags can be unevolved and still take down gods like dialga, and carry pouches of items, equipment, and more
[quote name="Moonfang102" date="2023-08-03 04:09:42" ] [quote name="Malev0lent" date="2023-08-02 19:26:56" ] Drwgon bigger than most fairy type Pokémon therefore, dragon go stomp and win. Zacian might prove a tough fight but if the FR gods are helping then sword dog go bye bye [/quote] *Clefairy used minimize Also don't underestimate fairy pokemon just because they are smaller not with swagplay klefkis and paraflinch togakisses running around [/quote] So I don't know if you knew this, @Moonfang102, but [url=https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stomp_(move)]the move Stomp actually always hits a Minimize 'mon as of Gen 6[/url] (unless Dive/Fly/Dig etc. invulnerability is in play). Sooooo... I know that Fairy-types can be a threat- heck, I've [i]used[/i] quite a few on my teams- I just... think that there isn't really a contest in this scenario, I'm sorry.
Moonfang102 wrote on 2023-08-03 04:09:42:
Malev0lent wrote on 2023-08-02 19:26:56:
Drwgon bigger than most fairy type Pokémon therefore, dragon go stomp and win.

Zacian might prove a tough fight but if the FR gods are helping then sword dog go bye bye
*Clefairy used minimize
Also don't underestimate fairy pokemon just because they are smaller not with swagplay klefkis and paraflinch togakisses running around

So I don't know if you knew this, @Moonfang102, but the move Stomp actually always hits a Minimize 'mon as of Gen 6 (unless Dive/Fly/Dig etc. invulnerability is in play). Sooooo...

I know that Fairy-types can be a threat- heck, I've used quite a few on my teams- I just... think that there isn't really a contest in this scenario, I'm sorry.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-08-03 17:24:05" ] [quote name="Moonfang102" date="2023-08-03 04:09:42" ] [quote name="Malev0lent" date="2023-08-02 19:26:56" ] Drwgon bigger than most fairy type Pokémon therefore, dragon go stomp and win. Zacian might prove a tough fight but if the FR gods are helping then sword dog go bye bye [/quote] *Clefairy used minimize Also don't underestimate fairy pokemon just because they are smaller not with swagplay klefkis and paraflinch togakisses running around [/quote] So I don't know if you knew this, @Moonfang102, but [url=https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stomp_(move)]the move Stomp actually always hits a Minimize 'mon as of Gen 6[/url] (unless Dive/Fly/Dig etc. invulnerability is in play). Sooooo... I know that Fairy-types can be a threat- heck, I've [i]used[/i] quite a few on my teams- I just... think that there isn't really a contest in this scenario, I'm sorry. [/quote] I just figure they wouldn't be so easy to defeat, also stomp is a normal type move, we have ghost, steel, and rock types, at least six of them off the top of my head caused quite the problems, mega mawile, of course, got banned to ubers, klefki caused an entire strategy to get banned from smogon, Zacian is Zacian, and Flutter Mane also demanded a ban to ubers, and Diancie is notable at least to me for being both good at support and defense, as well as it having a mega, and magerna is also pretty defensive and has its soul heart ability, also stomp is noted to have no competitive value I asked competitive battlers about the move and I was told: stomp is entirely outclassed by many other moves, it has no competitive value, headbutt is stomp but stronger... and I believe Togakiss also has a flinching move and a paralyzing move, as well as a confusing move as well as attract
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-08-03 17:24:05:
Moonfang102 wrote on 2023-08-03 04:09:42:
Malev0lent wrote on 2023-08-02 19:26:56:
Drwgon bigger than most fairy type Pokémon therefore, dragon go stomp and win.

Zacian might prove a tough fight but if the FR gods are helping then sword dog go bye bye
*Clefairy used minimize
Also don't underestimate fairy pokemon just because they are smaller not with swagplay klefkis and paraflinch togakisses running around

So I don't know if you knew this, @Moonfang102, but the move Stomp actually always hits a Minimize 'mon as of Gen 6 (unless Dive/Fly/Dig etc. invulnerability is in play). Sooooo...

I know that Fairy-types can be a threat- heck, I've used quite a few on my teams- I just... think that there isn't really a contest in this scenario, I'm sorry.
I just figure they wouldn't be so easy to defeat, also stomp is a normal type move, we have ghost, steel, and rock types, at least six of them off the top of my head caused quite the problems, mega mawile, of course, got banned to ubers, klefki caused an entire strategy to get banned from smogon, Zacian is Zacian, and Flutter Mane also demanded a ban to ubers, and Diancie is notable at least to me for being both good at support and defense, as well as it having a mega, and magerna is also pretty defensive and has its soul heart ability, also stomp is noted to have no competitive value I asked competitive battlers about the move and I was told: stomp is entirely outclassed by many other moves, it has no competitive value, headbutt is stomp but stronger... and I believe Togakiss also has a flinching move and a paralyzing move, as well as a confusing move as well as attract
Three or four 'mons not being easy to defeat (plus Togekiss being Togekiss... frickin' Serene Grace... I'm sure not serene when I'm getting ParaFlinched!) does not mean that [i]on the balance[/i] the dragons wouldn't wipe the floor with 'em. And like... sure, you don't use Stomp in competitive, but [i]FR dragons are not built for competitive Pokémon[/i]. ...actually though. Look at Eliminate's design. It's not inherently got a type, so that could also be argued as Normal type. [item=Eliminate] What does that design look like to you?
Three or four 'mons not being easy to defeat (plus Togekiss being Togekiss... frickin' Serene Grace... I'm sure not serene when I'm getting ParaFlinched!) does not mean that on the balance the dragons wouldn't wipe the floor with 'em. And like... sure, you don't use Stomp in competitive, but FR dragons are not built for competitive Pokémon.

...actually though.
Look at Eliminate's design.
It's not inherently got a type, so that could also be argued as Normal type.
Eliminate What does that design look like to you?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-08-03 14:51:29" ] No dragons are pure dragons. All of our dragons are dual typed. Earth dragons: Dragon/Rock Fire dragons : Dragon/Fire Water dragons : Dragon/Water Wind dragons: Dragon/Flying Ice dragons: Dragon/Ice Shadow dragons: Dragon/Dark Light dragons: Dragon/Psychic Lightning dragons: Dragon/Electric Nature dragons: Dragon/Grass Plague dragons: Dragon/Poison Arcane dragons: Dragon/Fairy With dual stab on our side, and given that our dragons BST, I think that a decent sized lair can take out pretty any non-legendary fairy. Dragons will go stomp. "But minimize" Stomp does double damage on any target that uses minimize. [/quote] This is a good match-up of elements! I personally would switch around Arcane and Light, though, since Psychic has more weird extraterrestial-type stuff while Fairy is more mythology-based.
Corviknight wrote on 2023-08-03 14:51:29:

Dragons will go stomp.

"But minimize"

This is a good match-up of elements! I personally would switch around Arcane and Light, though, since Psychic has more weird extraterrestial-type stuff while Fairy is more mythology-based.
oJK1fXV.png
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-08-03 17:45:24" ] Three or four 'mons not being easy to defeat (plus Togekiss being Togekiss... frickin' Serene Grace... I'm sure not serene when I'm getting ParaFlinched!) does not mean that [i]on the balance[/i] the dragons wouldn't wipe the floor with 'em. And like... sure, you don't use Stomp in competitive, but [i]FR dragons are not built for competitive Pokémon[/i]. ...actually though. Look at Eliminate's design. It's not inherently got a type, so that could also be argued as Normal type. [item=Eliminate] What does that design look like to you? [/quote] Like some people said earlier it honestly would depend on what pokemon series the fairies come from, anime, video games, manga, mystery dungeon might have the best shot, in my opinion, looking at what a pair of unevolved mons can do to a legendary, and primordial forces such as Dialga, Bittercold, and Dark Matter, plus the stuff they carry around on the daily, well let's just say I personally don't go easy on how many reviver seeds I carry around into dungeons if I can help it, as well as the other the equipment, orbs, etc its all too useful, let's say a dragon did use eliminate and then through either disable or a ban seed it got disabled, or one of the other things that could happen, lets say a fairy uses a pierce band, and uses it to throw a violet seed at their allies who are all standing in a straight line, now all their friends got their attack and special attack raised to max level, one of then then uses the mobile band for further shenanigans to pass through walls, walk on water, air, lava and pits another uses x-ray specs to see all the dragons, fellow fairies, and useful items nearby, and then another uses a Decoy Orb to change a dragon into a decoy, making it the target of fellow dragons, and someone uses a ban seed to disable Eliminate, also like others theorized Eliminate could very well be dragon type move, and if so it wouldn't matter what it can do cause well... need I explain? Also, Xerneas can make pokemon evolve in mystery dungeon, and if we allow the fairies to breed...
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-08-03 17:45:24:
Three or four 'mons not being easy to defeat (plus Togekiss being Togekiss... frickin' Serene Grace... I'm sure not serene when I'm getting ParaFlinched!) does not mean that on the balance the dragons wouldn't wipe the floor with 'em. And like... sure, you don't use Stomp in competitive, but FR dragons are not built for competitive Pokémon.

...actually though.
Look at Eliminate's design.
It's not inherently got a type, so that could also be argued as Normal type.
Eliminate What does that design look like to you?
Like some people said earlier it honestly would depend on what pokemon series the fairies come from, anime, video games, manga, mystery dungeon might have the best shot, in my opinion, looking at what a pair of unevolved mons can do to a legendary, and primordial forces such as Dialga, Bittercold, and Dark Matter, plus the stuff they carry around on the daily, well let's just say I personally don't go easy on how many reviver seeds I carry around into dungeons if I can help it, as well as the other the equipment, orbs, etc its all too useful, let's say a dragon did use eliminate and then through either disable or a ban seed it got disabled, or one of the other things that could happen, lets say a fairy uses a pierce band, and uses it to throw a violet seed at their allies who are all standing in a straight line, now all their friends got their attack and special attack raised to max level, one of then then uses the mobile band for further shenanigans to pass through walls, walk on water, air, lava and pits another uses x-ray specs to see all the dragons, fellow fairies, and useful items nearby, and then another uses a Decoy Orb to change a dragon into a decoy, making it the target of fellow dragons, and someone uses a ban seed to disable Eliminate, also like others theorized Eliminate could very well be dragon type move, and if so it wouldn't matter what it can do cause well... need I explain?
Also, Xerneas can make pokemon evolve in mystery dungeon, and if we allow the fairies to breed...
1 2 3 4 5