Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Quaternary" genes (hear me out pls
1 2 3 4
Support! I would recommend that other QOL-type items also be added to the release, though, like the already-suggested Tert & Tert+ swapper and a Tert+ - only Scatterscroll. The current Scatterscroll is already said to only scatter Primaries, Secondaries, and Tertiaries, and a Tert+ Scatterscroll could also fill in for the much requested Tertiary-only Scatter.

In my opinion, it would be interesting for Tert+ genes to have a rare chance of passing down to offspring, perhaps having the same color as the offspring's base Tert but the Tert+ slot and gene. I understand why this would not be the case, though, given the current function of Silhouette scrolls and the potential backlash this would receive.
Support! I would recommend that other QOL-type items also be added to the release, though, like the already-suggested Tert & Tert+ swapper and a Tert+ - only Scatterscroll. The current Scatterscroll is already said to only scatter Primaries, Secondaries, and Tertiaries, and a Tert+ Scatterscroll could also fill in for the much requested Tertiary-only Scatter.

In my opinion, it would be interesting for Tert+ genes to have a rare chance of passing down to offspring, perhaps having the same color as the offspring's base Tert but the Tert+ slot and gene. I understand why this would not be the case, though, given the current function of Silhouette scrolls and the potential backlash this would receive.
Water Runestone WishlistFlairotlsFTU Bio GeneratorWant Prismatic Tokens?
Forum pings and PMs welcome.
Most of lair is in HibDen and open for forum games.
This Water Runestone is the most decoration this signature has ever had. I know, it scares me too.
i think since the quarternary gene wouldnt be passed down in breeding maybe you can get to choose the color for it by using the unlock item or a separate item

and this would be a lot of fun on ancients lol just imagine

also i think should be able to freely swap the 3rd and 4th slot genes after the 4th slot is unlocked
i think since the quarternary gene wouldnt be passed down in breeding maybe you can get to choose the color for it by using the unlock item or a separate item

and this would be a lot of fun on ancients lol just imagine

also i think should be able to freely swap the 3rd and 4th slot genes after the 4th slot is unlocked
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
This is a fascinating idea, well explained and thought out. The example images give a clear idea of how things would look. Full support!
This is a fascinating idea, well explained and thought out. The example images give a clear idea of how things would look. Full support!
She/Her
Lover of WangXian and HuaLian
This is a very interesting way to put it, and I think makes a lot of sense. Until sandsurges came out, I hadn't thought of "quarterly"genes, but I suddenly find myself wishing to be able to combine or, put two of the terts on one dragon. I also like how you don't have to worry about adding a whole new color, since its just a Tert+ rather than a fourth gene.
This is a very interesting way to put it, and I think makes a lot of sense. Until sandsurges came out, I hadn't thought of "quarterly"genes, but I suddenly find myself wishing to be able to combine or, put two of the terts on one dragon. I also like how you don't have to worry about adding a whole new color, since its just a Tert+ rather than a fourth gene.
JL72oUP.pngaccent_shop_by_cobaltcupcakes-d8c7e52.pngtumblrbutton_by_cobaltcupcakes-d8c7e4u.png
Support, don't see why not especially if its optional.
Support, don't see why not especially if its optional.
gziv3Ja.png
wmC0DQN.png
3B15OeM.png
4ogWlJU.png
Support! I've felt the need for this for a long time, particularly because some genes are just so unbalanced (such as Glowtail, Branches, Carnivore — they just cover such a small area of the dragon.)

I don't think being able to swap the layering/position of the terts should cost extra, though. That feature should just come with adding a bonus tert.
Support! I've felt the need for this for a long time, particularly because some genes are just so unbalanced (such as Glowtail, Branches, Carnivore — they just cover such a small area of the dragon.)

I don't think being able to swap the layering/position of the terts should cost extra, though. That feature should just come with adding a bonus tert.
CSewt7J.pngtqGkHih.pngJvUa9ma.png
5iXiC8z.pngbYt72YT.png
wh3Tiip.pngDa1cz0f.png
pyAp3dI.pngNeV4KUN.png
[quote name="Helcaraxe" date="2023-07-22 21:35:49" ] This is the least bad quarternary suggestion I've heard so I'll offer hesitant support. I personally would prefer that we just have a new series of terts that are combination of two terts, like for example combining Runes and Points, or combining Thylacine and Okapi, or what have you. But this doesn't immediately make me say nope the way other quartenary suggestions have**. [/quote] My problem with this is that the number of combinations would be ever increasing. It would be exponentionally more difficult for FR artists to combine all terts together, than to just let us layer a second tert gene over the first. --- I would love this. This is exactly how I would implement the feature. Anyone who wants a second tert gene can get one, anyone who doesn't, won't have any dragons feeling unfinished with a new "basic" gene slot suddenly there. People complain about every update. The "eyepocolypse" update was one of my favorite new addition to the site, even with its problems. Unless staff deviated from the OP's post in implementing this feature, I don't see anything about it that would need tweaking afterwards. As an unrelated side note OP, I love that dark theme you're using!
Helcaraxe wrote on 2023-07-22 21:35:49:
This is the least bad quarternary suggestion I've heard so I'll offer hesitant support. I personally would prefer that we just have a new series of terts that are combination of two terts, like for example combining Runes and Points, or combining Thylacine and Okapi, or what have you. But this doesn't immediately make me say nope the way other quartenary suggestions have**.

My problem with this is that the number of combinations would be ever increasing. It would be exponentionally more difficult for FR artists to combine all terts together, than to just let us layer a second tert gene over the first.
---

I would love this. This is exactly how I would implement the feature. Anyone who wants a second tert gene can get one, anyone who doesn't, won't have any dragons feeling unfinished with a new "basic" gene slot suddenly there. People complain about every update. The "eyepocolypse" update was one of my favorite new addition to the site, even with its problems. Unless staff deviated from the OP's post in implementing this feature, I don't see anything about it that would need tweaking afterwards.

As an unrelated side note OP, I love that dark theme you're using!
Support!!! Oh my god I'd love white underbelly and white ringlets simultaneously.
Support!!! Oh my god I'd love white underbelly and white ringlets simultaneously.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
Love this idea but I would want it to be rather than the same color as normal tert be more like the dragons have a 'hidden' T+ gene that's essential the parent's tert colors & genes rolled again. ie, if the tert is anywhere between strawberry and rose for the normal tert, it's the same for T+ and such. thought I might just photoshop up some stuff too, I'll try and post my pictures later!
Love this idea but I would want it to be rather than the same color as normal tert be more like the dragons have a 'hidden' T+ gene that's essential the parent's tert colors & genes rolled again. ie, if the tert is anywhere between strawberry and rose for the normal tert, it's the same for T+ and such. thought I might just photoshop up some stuff too, I'll try and post my pictures later!
l7Ge01H.png
FObX7rS.png
Xub4k1J.png
lAvpyOQ.png
mjtJ868.png
87873162.png 88000909.png 87362926.png I love aether dragons!
I collect Snapping Turtle!

WE WANT BLEP!
[quote name="player101" date="2023-08-01 14:32:37" ] Love this idea but I would want it to be rather than the same color as normal tert be more like the dragons have a 'hidden' T+ gene that's essential the parent's tert colors & genes rolled again. [/quote] How would this work for g1s though...?
player101 wrote on 2023-08-01 14:32:37:
Love this idea but I would want it to be rather than the same color as normal tert be more like the dragons have a 'hidden' T+ gene that's essential the parent's tert colors & genes rolled again.
How would this work for g1s though...?
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 3 4