Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are things being released too fast?
1 2 3 4
i agree with the person who said we need more good treasure modern terts. i love the new ancient, and i love the ancient system in general, but it feels like we just got undertides and now theres a new dragon out there. if the devs took their time and released more genes and items and stuff, i would be content.
i agree with the person who said we need more good treasure modern terts. i love the new ancient, and i love the ancient system in general, but it feels like we just got undertides and now theres a new dragon out there. if the devs took their time and released more genes and items and stuff, i would be content.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
As long as staff isn't overworking themselves, I'm okay with the release pace! Since I'm an undertide meme layer, a lot of stuff doesn't really impact me, though, so maybe that's why I'm just like OH! Cool. New ancient. Since I don't feel the need to save up and get any of this stuff (other than familiars, but those have been good pace, too, I think)!
As long as staff isn't overworking themselves, I'm okay with the release pace! Since I'm an undertide meme layer, a lot of stuff doesn't really impact me, though, so maybe that's why I'm just like OH! Cool. New ancient. Since I don't feel the need to save up and get any of this stuff (other than familiars, but those have been good pace, too, I think)!
U N D E R T I D E S (and Ted)
I personally don't mind faster releases. My only problem is how am I supposed to afford all of it?!? I totally get what you mean.

I didn't expect to love Aethers as much as I do, and now Sandsurges. I kind of enjoy the ancient breeds better, since you don't have to worry about apparel.
I personally don't mind faster releases. My only problem is how am I supposed to afford all of it?!? I totally get what you mean.

I didn't expect to love Aethers as much as I do, and now Sandsurges. I kind of enjoy the ancient breeds better, since you don't have to worry about apparel.
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I do think it's a bit fast, I'd have them be released every six months but like as long as staff is not pushin' themselves too much (aye you too, admins >:/ )and are makin' sure to relax, fast releases can be alright
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I do think it's a bit fast, I'd have them be released every six months but like as long as staff is not pushin' themselves too much (aye you too, admins >:/ )and are makin' sure to relax, fast releases can be alright
UDy41Fx.png
As long as the team isn't overworking themselves whatever pace they want to release things at is fine but I do admit I feel a little overwhelmed
I've slowed down on the rate I get new dragons and finish projects so every time a new breed releases it's like oh cool new dragon to make a bunch of plans with and by the time the NEXT breed releases I've made little to no progress with the last set of plans

Like in my mind Obelisks are still an extremely new breed I want more of but they're 2 years old already?? Wild how time flies (they are the newest modern so in a different class from ancients but I have way less than I thought I would at the 2 year mark considering how much I like them)
As long as the team isn't overworking themselves whatever pace they want to release things at is fine but I do admit I feel a little overwhelmed
I've slowed down on the rate I get new dragons and finish projects so every time a new breed releases it's like oh cool new dragon to make a bunch of plans with and by the time the NEXT breed releases I've made little to no progress with the last set of plans

Like in my mind Obelisks are still an extremely new breed I want more of but they're 2 years old already?? Wild how time flies (they are the newest modern so in a different class from ancients but I have way less than I thought I would at the 2 year mark considering how much I like them)
prev UNs are SpaceCrows, Zephariel, and Dramaturgy | FR+3
I’m also torn. On the one hand new content dopamine go brrrrr
On the other hand, boy is the dressing room and scry a pain. And I also feel like things are getting crowded.

But like. New content is good. New content means the site is doing well. New content means the team is committed to improving our experiences. Unlike. Some other sites. Haha.
I’m also torn. On the one hand new content dopamine go brrrrr
On the other hand, boy is the dressing room and scry a pain. And I also feel like things are getting crowded.

But like. New content is good. New content means the site is doing well. New content means the team is committed to improving our experiences. Unlike. Some other sites. Haha.
iO2X60T.png
I just wish they’d add a couple lair or even hibden slots when the new breeds arrive so that everyone can have the space to get them without having to let go of beloved dragons to make room for the new breed
I just wish they’d add a couple lair or even hibden slots when the new breeds arrive so that everyone can have the space to get them without having to let go of beloved dragons to make room for the new breed
o1Ug1jU.png
» bea
» she/her
» +9 FR time
Hmmm.
I like the content's pace with coming out but the hype with new ancients with me dies real quick as umas are expensive and I like to dress dragons. I wish there was something I would enjoy more long-lasting. I like the achievements though as these are helpful and fun.

New genes are great but I can never afford them. At least when they are for moderns sometimes I like them enough to save up for them. Sure it isn't really hard to save up for 1 150kt gene, but each dragon needs two or three genes and a breed change scroll and usually at least one of those is more expensive than 150kt. Add in a UMA for an ancient or clothes for moderns and it will take months to even finish one project.

Hmmm.
I like the content's pace with coming out but the hype with new ancients with me dies real quick as umas are expensive and I like to dress dragons. I wish there was something I would enjoy more long-lasting. I like the achievements though as these are helpful and fun.

New genes are great but I can never afford them. At least when they are for moderns sometimes I like them enough to save up for them. Sure it isn't really hard to save up for 1 150kt gene, but each dragon needs two or three genes and a breed change scroll and usually at least one of those is more expensive than 150kt. Add in a UMA for an ancient or clothes for moderns and it will take months to even finish one project.

I will put something here eventually.
I do think things gotta slow down a bit, but I'm trusting staff to handle what staff handles, a'ight? No, what I'm worried about is an overwhelmed playerbase. FR players are already, and I mean this in the nicest way I could possibly mean it folks, prone to FOMO. We got people dedicated to minmaxing every single aspect of this site, completionists aiming for every single achievement and familiar, folks who have coli down to a science despite how jank it is. With too much too fast, burnout is gonna creep up sooner or later, and it might happen to too many players at once.
I do think things gotta slow down a bit, but I'm trusting staff to handle what staff handles, a'ight? No, what I'm worried about is an overwhelmed playerbase. FR players are already, and I mean this in the nicest way I could possibly mean it folks, prone to FOMO. We got people dedicated to minmaxing every single aspect of this site, completionists aiming for every single achievement and familiar, folks who have coli down to a science despite how jank it is. With too much too fast, burnout is gonna creep up sooner or later, and it might happen to too many players at once.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
It does feel a lot faster than usual, but I'm also under the impression that a lot of time and energy was devoted to the site refactor during the past few years. It's probably really fun and exciting for the devs to share apparel and familiars and dragons and genes that have been put on the back burner for so long now that the refactor is finally wrapped up. And again, there's really no pressure to engage with the new content immediately- there's no time limit or a requirement to "catch up" so just take things at your own pace. No one is snooping around your lair going "Ha! They don't even have a full page of Sandsurges. And no Carousel sets? What a pleb!" Like, nah. You're fine. The Scrying Workshop isn't going anywhere, and there will always be time to play around with the new breeds and genes when you're up for it! To be honest, I still feel like I'm getting familiar with all the genes released during my hiatus, and I came back in 2020! There's just a lot to work with compared to the old Iri/Shim/Circuit days [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
It does feel a lot faster than usual, but I'm also under the impression that a lot of time and energy was devoted to the site refactor during the past few years. It's probably really fun and exciting for the devs to share apparel and familiars and dragons and genes that have been put on the back burner for so long now that the refactor is finally wrapped up.

And again, there's really no pressure to engage with the new content immediately- there's no time limit or a requirement to "catch up" so just take things at your own pace. No one is snooping around your lair going "Ha! They don't even have a full page of Sandsurges. And no Carousel sets? What a pleb!" Like, nah. You're fine. The Scrying Workshop isn't going anywhere, and there will always be time to play around with the new breeds and genes when you're up for it!

To be honest, I still feel like I'm getting familiar with all the genes released during my hiatus, and I came back in 2020! There's just a lot to work with compared to the old Iri/Shim/Circuit days
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
1 2 3 4