Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Gems don't need to be bought!
1 2 3
An example of how you can earn gems on the AH. Yes, I have a stash of Noc eggs, but you can sell baldwin mats too! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/ncN4JyY4/screenshot-739.png[/img]
An example of how you can earn gems on the AH. Yes, I have a stash of Noc eggs, but you can sell baldwin mats too!

screenshot-739.png
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
As another example, to raise money for sandsurges I recently went through my hoard and listed a whole bunch of extra familiars and apparel. It's not, like, super mega stonks but it adds up. So even if you don't have eggs, you probably have a whole bunch of random duplicate familiars or apparel you don't want to use that could earn you cash. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kiAJrDl.png[/img]
As another example, to raise money for sandsurges I recently went through my hoard and listed a whole bunch of extra familiars and apparel. It's not, like, super mega stonks but it adds up.

So even if you don't have eggs, you probably have a whole bunch of random duplicate familiars or apparel you don't want to use that could earn you cash.

kiAJrDl.png
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I've never spent real money. Most of my income on the game is from exalting, one way or another, since I rarely bother with G&G.

Investing my time into expanding my lair and den early on was the best decision I made regarding my gameplay. I completed most of the item den tasks within a few months, by grinding in the coli and swapping items with people in the den tasks forum thread. Having den space made it really easy to make money by exalting. I have a lot less time these days, but I still make most of my money from exalting. Exalting is how I completed my sprite set in less than two years, and it only took THAT long because I spent months on a breeding project to trade for the last sprite only to have the person go inactive and I had to buy it anyway. Ahem.

It helps that I'm really, really picky about what I buy. If you spend all the money you make, you still won't have money.

I STRONGLY disagree that 1000 gems is "months" away for f2p players. A week or so of maxed fairgrounds is enough treasure to buy an eliminate and a level 25 dragon. If you buy cheap hatchlings, level to 6, and sell to whatever flight is pushing, it should be less than 300 dragons to get 1mt. If you train 10 a day, that's ONE month of exalting to get 1mt from exalting alone. If you also G&G every day, it'll be even less time. Sell the treasure for gems. Boom.

All the information on how to get started is easily available. There are LOADS of guides. Searching "make money" in the guides forum gives you all the information you'd ever need.
I've never spent real money. Most of my income on the game is from exalting, one way or another, since I rarely bother with G&G.

Investing my time into expanding my lair and den early on was the best decision I made regarding my gameplay. I completed most of the item den tasks within a few months, by grinding in the coli and swapping items with people in the den tasks forum thread. Having den space made it really easy to make money by exalting. I have a lot less time these days, but I still make most of my money from exalting. Exalting is how I completed my sprite set in less than two years, and it only took THAT long because I spent months on a breeding project to trade for the last sprite only to have the person go inactive and I had to buy it anyway. Ahem.

It helps that I'm really, really picky about what I buy. If you spend all the money you make, you still won't have money.

I STRONGLY disagree that 1000 gems is "months" away for f2p players. A week or so of maxed fairgrounds is enough treasure to buy an eliminate and a level 25 dragon. If you buy cheap hatchlings, level to 6, and sell to whatever flight is pushing, it should be less than 300 dragons to get 1mt. If you train 10 a day, that's ONE month of exalting to get 1mt from exalting alone. If you also G&G every day, it'll be even less time. Sell the treasure for gems. Boom.

All the information on how to get started is easily available. There are LOADS of guides. Searching "make money" in the guides forum gives you all the information you'd ever need.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
https://legofigure11.github.io/fr/glimmer-and-gloom/

For those of you who are like "I don't get hard mode glimmer and gloom so earning treasure is hard" here is a link to a site where you go onto very hard mode, clear the board of one color down to the bottom row, and then just plug in your bottom row. It shows you the solution to fully clear the board. Keep 2 tabs open, flip back and forth, 18 rounds of very hard g&g makes 75kt. Even flipping back and forth it takes me maybe 20 minutes.
Thats 525kt a week if you do that every day. You could have a sandsurge in 2 weeks given the current gem conversion rate.
https://legofigure11.github.io/fr/glimmer-and-gloom/

For those of you who are like "I don't get hard mode glimmer and gloom so earning treasure is hard" here is a link to a site where you go onto very hard mode, clear the board of one color down to the bottom row, and then just plug in your bottom row. It shows you the solution to fully clear the board. Keep 2 tabs open, flip back and forth, 18 rounds of very hard g&g makes 75kt. Even flipping back and forth it takes me maybe 20 minutes.
Thats 525kt a week if you do that every day. You could have a sandsurge in 2 weeks given the current gem conversion rate.
Correct. I just spent (almost) all my gems to gene up a pair of Sandsurges and none of those gems came from me buying them with real currency. As much as I would love to support the site by buying gems once in awhile, I just can't afford it at this time. So being able to get gems in many many different ways, it is by far the easiest premium currency to earn on any site I've ever been on.

Also, newbies might not know this and some people might have forgotten... But Veilspuns are also a gem breed. We did not get any free eggs or scrolls for them upon release. The site is now abundant with them. If you don't want to spend gems at all then you can just be patient and wait for their hatchlings to go down in price.
Correct. I just spent (almost) all my gems to gene up a pair of Sandsurges and none of those gems came from me buying them with real currency. As much as I would love to support the site by buying gems once in awhile, I just can't afford it at this time. So being able to get gems in many many different ways, it is by far the easiest premium currency to earn on any site I've ever been on.

Also, newbies might not know this and some people might have forgotten... But Veilspuns are also a gem breed. We did not get any free eggs or scrolls for them upon release. The site is now abundant with them. If you don't want to spend gems at all then you can just be patient and wait for their hatchlings to go down in price.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="Xeyla" date="2023-07-19 12:24:10" ] YOU DON"T NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY FOR GEMS. YOU DON"T NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY FOR GEMS. YOU DON"T NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY FOR GEMS. [/quote] incase ANYONE missed it.
Xeyla wrote on 2023-07-19 12:24:10:

YOU DON"T NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY FOR GEMS.
incase ANYONE missed it.
ARAxlYW.png
J7D1quC.png
3CzZFT6.png
WI7lnRZ.png
6tBZa.gif6EBnp.gif
Very true! I'm so tired of the boohoo, I can't buy this gem breed cause I don't want to spend real cash, people. The Facebook fr group is full of those. It was announced from the start this was going to be a gem breed, I started saving after it was clear it was going to be a gem breed and had 4kg without any real effort. Get treasure via fairgrounds, buy eggs for treasure, sell for gems, it's not hard to do. And yes, I have a full-time job too, it takes 10-15min a day, that's all. If you have more time, brew stuff and all the other tips people gave in this thread. This is the only pet site I'm aware of that makes it so easy to get premium currency and I'm very grateful for that.

You don't need to spend real money. I have bought the 1kg packs on occasion because I was impatient or could afford to support the game but it's really not necessary.
Very true! I'm so tired of the boohoo, I can't buy this gem breed cause I don't want to spend real cash, people. The Facebook fr group is full of those. It was announced from the start this was going to be a gem breed, I started saving after it was clear it was going to be a gem breed and had 4kg without any real effort. Get treasure via fairgrounds, buy eggs for treasure, sell for gems, it's not hard to do. And yes, I have a full-time job too, it takes 10-15min a day, that's all. If you have more time, brew stuff and all the other tips people gave in this thread. This is the only pet site I'm aware of that makes it so easy to get premium currency and I'm very grateful for that.

You don't need to spend real money. I have bought the 1kg packs on occasion because I was impatient or could afford to support the game but it's really not necessary.
VX2x7ng.png
I think I like, bought 500g once and that's it... I still have plenty of gems/treasure

laziest way to earn money - buy cheap dragons (plentiful breeds) and breed them.
sell their hatchlings later, preferably when they are adults

if you have 5 nests, average 2-3 eggs per nest, and adult prices are 6kt, you can get around 72kt when all nests hatch

also spend gathering turns each day, get food or try scavenging for eggs

if you're willing to invest more time, play fairgrounds (glimmer&gloom), bond with familiars, you can save up for one lvl 25 dragon (mire flyer)

then you can exalt/level more dragons, or grind for items. sell apparel, familiars and food, if you're lucky you'll get eggs and genes
I think I like, bought 500g once and that's it... I still have plenty of gems/treasure

laziest way to earn money - buy cheap dragons (plentiful breeds) and breed them.
sell their hatchlings later, preferably when they are adults

if you have 5 nests, average 2-3 eggs per nest, and adult prices are 6kt, you can get around 72kt when all nests hatch

also spend gathering turns each day, get food or try scavenging for eggs

if you're willing to invest more time, play fairgrounds (glimmer&gloom), bond with familiars, you can save up for one lvl 25 dragon (mire flyer)

then you can exalt/level more dragons, or grind for items. sell apparel, familiars and food, if you're lucky you'll get eggs and genes
timezone: FR+11
and also, I forgot to say - I don't think you even need to buy scrolls. if you wait, there will be plenty of gened dragons for sale that are much cheaper
and also, I forgot to say - I don't think you even need to buy scrolls. if you wait, there will be plenty of gened dragons for sale that are much cheaper
timezone: FR+11
it feels like an up hill battle, but you will find someone to transfer t into g. the main thing stopping me from getting gems was my horrible maths illiteracy so i had no idea what "t" or "kt" meant and i was to afraid to ask </3 and google didn't help.
it feels like an up hill battle, but you will find someone to transfer t into g. the main thing stopping me from getting gems was my horrible maths illiteracy so i had no idea what "t" or "kt" meant and i was to afraid to ask </3 and google didn't help.
1 2 3