Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
[quote name="PartyPig" date="2023-07-20 16:07:43" ] I have a silly question.. I'm fairly new to flight rising. How do we make a sand surge dragon? Do you have to have an egg? Do you get to pick the species when hatching an egg? Thanks! [/quote] @PartyPig Sandsurges are a gem breed so you buy the scroll which will change your dragon into a Sandsurge from the Gem marketplace. The Gem Marketplace is essentially the real currency store, though gems (FR's premium currence) can be traded for treasure between in various ways. And no, unfortunately you can not choose the species of a dragon when hatching an egg. Largely speaking new breeds are available through gene scrolls acquired from either the gem or treasure marketplace, or in rarer occasions, various trading grounds activities (Undertides= Arlo, and Bogsneaks= Baldwin). Btw welcome to FR! I'd recommend checking out the guides forum if you're curious about anything: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde
PartyPig wrote on 2023-07-20 16:07:43:
I have a silly question.. I'm fairly new to flight rising. How do we make a sand surge dragon? Do you have to have an egg? Do you get to pick the species when hatching an egg? Thanks!
@PartyPig

Sandsurges are a gem breed so you buy the scroll which will change your dragon into a Sandsurge from the Gem marketplace. The Gem Marketplace is essentially the real currency store, though gems (FR's premium currence) can be traded for treasure between in various ways.

And no, unfortunately you can not choose the species of a dragon when hatching an egg. Largely speaking new breeds are available through gene scrolls acquired from either the gem or treasure marketplace, or in rarer occasions, various trading grounds activities (Undertides= Arlo, and Bogsneaks= Baldwin).

Btw welcome to FR! I'd recommend checking out the guides forum if you're curious about anything: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Really love the look of these guys, they're probably my favorite in terms of ancient breeds at the moment.

My one complaint is that its another breed that feels a little bit too close to the 'modern mold' even though it has sails in place of wings, probably because it feels like one passover on those sails could easily make them fit into the wing requirement. But its not too bad overall, since a lot of the genes are really fancy and eyecatching. So I guess it balances out, at least more than some other ancients which just feel either completely neglected in gene coverage or don't do much with the freedom allowed by not being modern, so you just get a... boring and kinda expensive dragon.

Admittedly though, I'm kinda feeling burned out on Ancients in general. They come pretty fast and are largely limited dragons that you have to kinda jump through hoops to get to a nice place- I guess they're perfect if you just like having gene projects
Really love the look of these guys, they're probably my favorite in terms of ancient breeds at the moment.

My one complaint is that its another breed that feels a little bit too close to the 'modern mold' even though it has sails in place of wings, probably because it feels like one passover on those sails could easily make them fit into the wing requirement. But its not too bad overall, since a lot of the genes are really fancy and eyecatching. So I guess it balances out, at least more than some other ancients which just feel either completely neglected in gene coverage or don't do much with the freedom allowed by not being modern, so you just get a... boring and kinda expensive dragon.

Admittedly though, I'm kinda feeling burned out on Ancients in general. They come pretty fast and are largely limited dragons that you have to kinda jump through hoops to get to a nice place- I guess they're perfect if you just like having gene projects
tumblr_inline_no6l0wMpyj1rbfe8q_500.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81820343][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/818204/81820343_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81804847][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/818049/81804847_350.png[/img][/url] Truly some beautiful beasts!
81820343_350.png
81804847_350.png
Truly some beautiful beasts!
What fun dragons! Can't wait to create a few. But really missing getting the extra lair space when a new breed comes out.....
What fun dragons! Can't wait to create a few. But really missing getting the extra lair space when a new breed comes out.....
SQVdsFh.png
Yoooooo!!!!

They look sooo cool! I'm glad they're now a reality
Yoooooo!!!!

They look sooo cool! I'm glad they're now a reality
76174761p.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
FR Time +5

Should've, would've, could've... but didn't

PR3uy49.gif lnxu2ne.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
. wuSLTU0.gif
[quote name="Lesbirds" date="2023-07-20 21:51:26" ] My one complaint is that its another breed that feels a little bit too close to the 'modern mold' [/quote] Actually, that‘s intended! Staff said when the Veilspuns came out that the Gem Ancients will be closer to the ‚modern formular‘, so that a really unique breed (multiple heads, limbs, wingless etc) will be easily accessible for everyone!
Lesbirds wrote on 2023-07-20 21:51:26:
My one complaint is that its another breed that feels a little bit too close to the 'modern mold'

Actually, that‘s intended! Staff said when the Veilspuns came out that the Gem Ancients will be closer to the ‚modern formular‘, so that a really unique breed (multiple heads, limbs, wingless etc) will be easily accessible for everyone!
Hey, I got a sincere question for the mods, forgive me if i'm in the wrong forum, i've never needed to ask this before.. but are you guys doing alright? like irl, right now? o-o'' i was offsite basically the entire time, i didn't see -any- of the Sandsurge-related drama until literally just now, with the admin forum posts. And this seems like something that was really stressful, especially after releasing such a big update.. sorry for buggin' you, i've just got them 'big sister' protective vibes going on, and i wanted to make sure you guys are ok- in any case, here is a hug for the developers of Flight Rising, if anyone needs it! ^v^ [emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=right wing size=1]
Hey, I got a sincere question for the mods, forgive me if i'm in the wrong forum, i've never needed to ask this before.. but are you guys doing alright? like irl, right now? o-o'' i was offsite basically the entire time, i didn't see -any- of the Sandsurge-related drama until literally just now, with the admin forum posts. And this seems like something that was really stressful, especially after releasing such a big update.. sorry for buggin' you, i've just got them 'big sister' protective vibes going on, and i wanted to make sure you guys are ok- in any case, here is a hug for the developers of Flight Rising, if anyone needs it! ^v^
Back after a year-long hiatus!
Thank you for the gorgeous new breed! I said goodbye to my hard-earned gems and got my first Sandsurge, now I need to be patient and save up enough to get more gene scrolls a second one for breeding. But that's okay, they're totally worth it. Really love all the unique genes, especially the tertiaries! [emoji=sandsurge love size=2]
Thank you for the gorgeous new breed! I said goodbye to my hard-earned gems and got my first Sandsurge, now I need to be patient and save up enough to get more gene scrolls a second one for breeding. But that's okay, they're totally worth it. Really love all the unique genes, especially the tertiaries!
gustvul.gif She/her • GMT+1 • deviantARTSales Tab cheery.png
[quote name="DiscordKO" date="2023-07-21 00:56:06" ] Hey, I got a sincere question for the mods, forgive me if i'm in the wrong forum, i've never needed to ask this before.. but are you guys doing alright? like irl, right now? o-o'' i was offsite basically the entire time, i didn't see -any- of the Sandsurge-related drama until literally just now, with the admin forum posts. And this seems like something that was really stressful, especially after releasing such a big update.. sorry for buggin' you, i've just got them 'big sister' protective vibes going on, and i wanted to make sure you guys are ok- in any case, here is a hug for the developers of Flight Rising, if anyone needs it! ^v^ [emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=right wing size=1] [/quote] Two hugs for the developers right now, cause y'all deserve it. ^v^ [emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=right wing size=1]
DiscordKO wrote on 2023-07-21 00:56:06:
Hey, I got a sincere question for the mods, forgive me if i'm in the wrong forum, i've never needed to ask this before.. but are you guys doing alright? like irl, right now? o-o'' i was offsite basically the entire time, i didn't see -any- of the Sandsurge-related drama until literally just now, with the admin forum posts. And this seems like something that was really stressful, especially after releasing such a big update.. sorry for buggin' you, i've just got them 'big sister' protective vibes going on, and i wanted to make sure you guys are ok- in any case, here is a hug for the developers of Flight Rising, if anyone needs it! ^v^
Two hugs for the developers right now, cause y'all deserve it. ^v^
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
The first breed ever where I like the male pose more than the female one!
The first breed ever where I like the male pose more than the female one!
uZ1qi9R.png
.: We are Open! :.
Get your very own Cookie-Derg.

Nocturnes | Pearlcatchers | Guardians | Snappers | Skydancers | Ridgebacks | Obelisks
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101