Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | We value your privacy
1 2 3 4 5 6
This is happening for me on every 2nd to literally every site. It started just now, I didn't have this issue yesterday. I'm on Chrome on pc, the adblocker I use is adblock plus, if this is relevant
This is happening for me on every 2nd to literally every site. It started just now, I didn't have this issue yesterday. I'm on Chrome on pc, the adblocker I use is adblock plus, if this is relevant
sQ35KLV.png
I've had this before, but not too the extent that I'm experiencing now. Every singe time I open a page or need to refresh. It is very offputting :(
I'm on a tablet that uses chrome for a browser.
I've had this before, but not too the extent that I'm experiencing now. Every singe time I open a page or need to refresh. It is very offputting :(
I'm on a tablet that uses chrome for a browser.
kylana_nature_banner1_zps7eac6dcf.png

+9 FRT
[quote name="Corvere" date="2023-07-20 11:23:24" ] This is happening for me on every 2nd to literally every site. It started just now, I didn't have this issue yesterday. I'm on Chrome on pc, the adblocker I use is adblock plus, if this is relevant [/quote] @Corvere Yeah okay, this could very well be the cause. If you use an adblocker (or extensions like Privacy Badger), then it's most likely stopping the cookies that the site is trying to store for you. Blocking the cookies or having them be deleted after each reload would mean your settings get reset [i]constantly[/i]. It could also just be that Adblocker Plus hasn't been updated to accomodate new types of ads. [b]Edit:[/b] Totally missed what LouckyKoneko wrote oops T_T even so, no matter if you use adblock or not, at least uh— refrain from speaking out loud about it, especially here I'd say. Feels kinda... [i]oof[/i] saying you're not supporting the site, y'know?
Corvere wrote on 2023-07-20 11:23:24:

@Corvere

Yeah okay, this could very well be the cause. If you use an adblocker (or extensions like Privacy Badger), then it's most likely stopping the cookies that the site is trying to store for you. Blocking the cookies or having them be deleted after each reload would mean your settings get reset constantly. It could also just be that Adblocker Plus hasn't been updated to accomodate new types of ads.

Edit: Totally missed what LouckyKoneko wrote oops T_T even so, no matter if you use adblock or not, at least uh— refrain from speaking out loud about it, especially here I'd say. Feels kinda... oof saying you're not supporting the site, y'know?
Cal | Any pronouns | FR +9

mctEJP5.png

If you want to look through my lair,
please start here!
@Calomena (and also @Corvere )
it is recommended to share what adblocker a player is using (if any) when making a bug report.
some issues can be extension related, and that includes ad blocker behavior between different adblockers and different browsers. believe me, whether someone gets ads or not or even what specific ad blocker is used on what browser can be relevant sometimes.
there's nothing shameful about "admitting" to using an ad blocker - ads aren't the only way to support the site. so let's put that discussion behind us and focus on the issue at hand.

Corvere and I are using different ad blockers, so it's possible that Adblock Plus isn't blocking the popup while Ublock Origin is. if other people can come forward with their experience with those adblockers and the popups, that might be helpful to find a temporary fix and help staff narrow down the problem.
@Calomena (and also @Corvere )
it is recommended to share what adblocker a player is using (if any) when making a bug report.
some issues can be extension related, and that includes ad blocker behavior between different adblockers and different browsers. believe me, whether someone gets ads or not or even what specific ad blocker is used on what browser can be relevant sometimes.
there's nothing shameful about "admitting" to using an ad blocker - ads aren't the only way to support the site. so let's put that discussion behind us and focus on the issue at hand.

Corvere and I are using different ad blockers, so it's possible that Adblock Plus isn't blocking the popup while Ublock Origin is. if other people can come forward with their experience with those adblockers and the popups, that might be helpful to find a temporary fix and help staff narrow down the problem.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
@LouckyKoneko Yeah okay, I see what you mean — that's a good point. Apologies!

In that case, with uBlock Origin turned on, I don't have this issue either. Nor with only Privacy Badger.
@LouckyKoneko Yeah okay, I see what you mean — that's a good point. Apologies!

In that case, with uBlock Origin turned on, I don't have this issue either. Nor with only Privacy Badger.

mctEJP5.png

please start here!
I think the last time this happened it was related to two possible things: cookies not saving correctly due to very specific adblockers and extensions, and the site running two ad networks where the cookies of one network conflicted with the cookies of the other. [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3235748/1]Here's the old thread,[/url] but I'll quote some of the mod comments here for people to find and try the old solutions again more easily. Script Adblocker / Certain extensions: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-05-05 15:36:38" ] Hi folks, the white bar is the EU notification. If you're using a script blocker or an extension like Ghostery, your cookie preference is not being properly stored in your browser. This means every time an ad loads, the ad provider will prompt you for your advertising and cookie preference as they are legally required to have this information. In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you! [/quote] Ad network issue / the above doesn't help: [quote name="Undel" date="2023-05-11 13:42:20" ] We have been in contact with our ad provider and believe we have isolated what it causing this issue. We are currently running a second ad network as an ad test and we believe that the two networks cookies are conflicting with one another. (Snip) [/quote] [quote name="Undel" date="2023-05-13 15:40:21" ] As a work around for now, ad blocking does resolve this issue for our EU users. (Snip) [/quote] Hopefully that can help some folks until we hear from a mod!
I think the last time this happened it was related to two possible things: cookies not saving correctly due to very specific adblockers and extensions, and the site running two ad networks where the cookies of one network conflicted with the cookies of the other. Here's the old thread, but I'll quote some of the mod comments here for people to find and try the old solutions again more easily.

Script Adblocker / Certain extensions:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-05-05 15:36:38:
Hi folks, the white bar is the EU notification. If you're using a script blocker or an extension like Ghostery, your cookie preference is not being properly stored in your browser. This means every time an ad loads, the ad provider will prompt you for your advertising and cookie preference as they are legally required to have this information.

In all cases (white bar and Flight Rising red pop-up), when this has happened in the past, the fix was for the player to temporarily disable their script blocker or Ghostery or Ghostery-like extension, select their advertising cookie preference in the pop-up, and then re-enable their browsing safety extensions. Be aware that whenever you clear your cookies and browser cache, you will be prompted again to set your preference. Please give that a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Ad network issue / the above doesn't help:
Undel wrote on 2023-05-11 13:42:20:
We have been in contact with our ad provider and believe we have isolated what it causing this issue.

We are currently running a second ad network as an ad test and we believe that the two networks cookies are conflicting with one another.

(Snip)
Undel wrote on 2023-05-13 15:40:21:
As a work around for now, ad blocking does resolve this issue for our EU users.

(Snip)

Hopefully that can help some folks until we hear from a mod!
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
Well, idk if anything was changed on either FR, chrome, or my adblocker, but I'm not having this issue anymore. I didn't do anything, just watching netflix for a few hours afk on FR lol
Well, idk if anything was changed on either FR, chrome, or my adblocker, but I'm not having this issue anymore. I didn't do anything, just watching netflix for a few hours afk on FR lol
sQ35KLV.png
@DragonsMythos thank you, very appreciated :D Can definitely see I spoke too soon lmao

And good to hear it fixed itself Corvere. Honestly typical that it did T_T
@DragonsMythos thank you, very appreciated :D Can definitely see I spoke too soon lmao

And good to hear it fixed itself Corvere. Honestly typical that it did T_T

mctEJP5.png

please start here!
I am still having this issue.
It worked for a few hours this morning but now it started again.

I don't have an active addblocker, I have changed my browser settings to allow all cookies and I have added flightrising to the list of websites that are always allowed to store cookies.
Yet it keeps asking after every single load.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?
I am still having this issue.
It worked for a few hours this morning but now it started again.

I don't have an active addblocker, I have changed my browser settings to allow all cookies and I have added flightrising to the list of websites that are always allowed to store cookies.
Yet it keeps asking after every single load.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?
77696169.png75112312.png47172411.png
same here. everytime i go somewhere in fr, it pops up.

chrome, desktop
same here. everytime i go somewhere in fr, it pops up.

chrome, desktop
oYuEPZ2.pngPE8KYEr.pngMTtORbV.pngybQJlHz.pngu9KXIA8.pngGoVqS9e.png25JQOyr.pnge7NCmti.pngSjV5FiU.pngdEe2UrM.pngMUYNhfy.png
Y8kS5FU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6