Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements Retrospective
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24
Thank you so much for the update!! I really do enjoy reading about dev updates and the team's processes and inner thoughts, and after the massive deal that was Achievements, y'all deserve to talk about it and pat yourselves on the back!
Thank you so much for the update!! I really do enjoy reading about dev updates and the team's processes and inner thoughts, and after the massive deal that was Achievements, y'all deserve to talk about it and pat yourselves on the back!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
ACHIEVEMENT CONFETTI

Thank you for all the hard work!! You keep making the site a better place, including accessibility-wise! Hopefully a few more things get tweaked, but so far, I'm in love with Flight Rising's progress <3
ACHIEVEMENT CONFETTI

Thank you for all the hard work!! You keep making the site a better place, including accessibility-wise! Hopefully a few more things get tweaked, but so far, I'm in love with Flight Rising's progress <3
paLKdZ5.png |
|
|
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSuns/Kerosene
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHe-Him / It-Its
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing me when replying.
...... arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSaved Mibella Templates
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Sales Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFAQ
|
|
|
jHRFH13.png
Confetti! Its a parade!
Confetti! Its a parade!
icevs1.png
@LuxBrumalis
Profile Dragon
Lore
Quest
Hatchery/Rescue
Art/Adopt Shop
Accent/Skin Shop
BOY am I glad about the lower Shock Switch achievement.
Once again, thank you so much for your hard work, staff!
BOY am I glad about the lower Shock Switch achievement.
Once again, thank you so much for your hard work, staff!
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
[quote name="ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 07:05:44" ] [quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-17 07:02:12" ] [quote name="@ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 06:58:13" ] I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score [/quote] Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively. [/quote] I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me. [/quote] Ahh I see what you mean now, so just earning that score total. That's understandable. I guess that's why we have a lot of different achievements though, most people will definitely not be able to complete all of them. Like, I'll never complete the vista accomplishments cause I just...don't use vistas. Same for some of the breeding ones, I hardly ever use more than one nest so there's no point unlocking all of them etc. And with my terrible attention span, there's no way I'll remember to feed my dragons regularly for those achievements either lmao. It's okay not to get all of them.
ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 07:05:44:
MissK wrote on 2023-07-17 07:02:12:
@ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 06:58:13:
I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score

Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively.

I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me.

Ahh I see what you mean now, so just earning that score total. That's understandable. I guess that's why we have a lot of different achievements though, most people will definitely not be able to complete all of them. Like, I'll never complete the vista accomplishments cause I just...don't use vistas. Same for some of the breeding ones, I hardly ever use more than one nest so there's no point unlocking all of them etc. And with my terrible attention span, there's no way I'll remember to feed my dragons regularly for those achievements either lmao. It's okay not to get all of them.
Nice! :D

Edit: Just saw the confetti, it’s small but made me laugh
Nice! :D

Edit: Just saw the confetti, it’s small but made me laugh
take care of yourself, you rock! >:D
CONFETTI! Devs really do be spoiling us
CONFETTI! Devs really do be spoiling us
theultimatecatsig.gif W1Dayps.png
sxrFjUf.gif
I have to admit that I didn't actually mind collecting all the achievements one by one. I opted to wait until the site calmed down a bit, then set aside certain days where I would go through a page or category and claimed achievements for it. But I also don't mind that I know I'll never get some of the achievements; I'm an old player, but too casual of a player for many of them and that's okay ^^ (Then again, I know I don't represent the majority, so having said that, keep on keeping on! You guys have made a website that not only is long lived, but that I've enjoyed from college and beyond.)
I have to admit that I didn't actually mind collecting all the achievements one by one. I opted to wait until the site calmed down a bit, then set aside certain days where I would go through a page or category and claimed achievements for it. But I also don't mind that I know I'll never get some of the achievements; I'm an old player, but too casual of a player for many of them and that's okay ^^ (Then again, I know I don't represent the majority, so having said that, keep on keeping on! You guys have made a website that not only is long lived, but that I've enjoyed from college and beyond.)
BlFBKpO.png
[quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-17 07:12:18" ] [quote name="ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 07:05:44" ] [quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-17 07:02:12" ] [quote name="@ElijahKujo" date="2023-07-17 06:58:13" ] I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score [/quote] Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively. [/quote] I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me. [/quote] Ahh I see what you mean now, so just earning that score total. That's understandable. I guess that's why we have a lot of different achievements though, most people will definitely not be able to complete all of them. Like, I'll never complete the vista accomplishments cause I just...don't use vistas. Same for some of the breeding ones, I hardly ever use more than one nest so there's no point unlocking all of them etc. And with my terrible attention span, there's no way I'll remember to feed my dragons regularly for those achievements either lmao. It's okay not to get all of them. [/quote] thats not a reason to not make stuff accessible tho. No one says "It's okay if wheelchairs can't go into the cinema cuz most people won't want to get in"
MissK wrote on 2023-07-17 07:12:18:
ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 07:05:44:
MissK wrote on 2023-07-17 07:02:12:
@ElijahKujo wrote on 2023-07-17 06:58:13:
I don't think it's.. quite it. for the Eletrifying Result achievement. making it carry over would be way better than just. barely lowering the score

Now it does carry over if you've hit that score recently. The problem is, it's impossible to make something carry over from longer ago if there was no method of tracking it. Like, if you got that score years ago, that information wasn't stored anywhere...so it would be impossible to make it count retroactively.

I meant it carrying over between games, I do not have the mental capacity to play this game for so long to even hit a score over 500k. Going from 1mil to 700k does nothing for people like me.

Ahh I see what you mean now, so just earning that score total. That's understandable. I guess that's why we have a lot of different achievements though, most people will definitely not be able to complete all of them. Like, I'll never complete the vista accomplishments cause I just...don't use vistas. Same for some of the breeding ones, I hardly ever use more than one nest so there's no point unlocking all of them etc. And with my terrible attention span, there's no way I'll remember to feed my dragons regularly for those achievements either lmao. It's okay not to get all of them.

thats not a reason to not make stuff accessible tho. No one says "It's okay if wheelchairs can't go into the cinema cuz most people won't want to get in"
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
eWIwatT.png
o7ZCFYm.png

rix3ppo.png
tumblr_p51ctjgepA1vamgqko8_100.png
IMG_5411.png
Oohh 700k for SS is way more doable for me! Guess I'll start doing some more attempts for it!

Thanks so much to the devs for making such a fun game and the achievements really gave some features (like the fairgrounds, which I never used to play) a new lease of life!
Oohh 700k for SS is way more doable for me! Guess I'll start doing some more attempts for it!

Thanks so much to the devs for making such a fun game and the achievements really gave some features (like the fairgrounds, which I never used to play) a new lease of life!
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24