Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Pages flashing when clicked on mobile
I'm not sure if this is an issue with my browser specifically (Safari on iPhone), but after the sitewide accessibility update, the entire page flashes and gives me a bright blue "selected" border around the contents whenever I tap anywhere. Screencaps to show what I mean: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/hY4nwk6/30-F8-FABF-81-E8-41-DC-A763-4-B9-CB9-FA18-D7.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/TMh99DZ/F668176-B-9-CC9-4-FF2-808-C-4-BDEB05-A801-C.jpg[/img][/center] [br][br] It's like this everywhere (Baldwin's, Nesting Grounds, forums, front page, AH, etc.), and as a mobile player, the constant flashing renders the site nearly unusable for me. [emoji=guardian sad size=1] Is there anything that can be done about this? Would a different browser run more smoothly? Also, whenever I click on the friend request or alert icons, it yanks me far enough down the page that I can't see the top banner anymore. I don't know if this issue and the flashing issue are related, but I figured I'd toss it in, just in case.
I'm not sure if this is an issue with my browser specifically (Safari on iPhone), but after the sitewide accessibility update, the entire page flashes and gives me a bright blue "selected" border around the contents whenever I tap anywhere. Screencaps to show what I mean:
30-F8-FABF-81-E8-41-DC-A763-4-B9-CB9-FA18-D7.jpg
F668176-B-9-CC9-4-FF2-808-C-4-BDEB05-A801-C.jpg

It's like this everywhere (Baldwin's, Nesting Grounds, forums, front page, AH, etc.), and as a mobile player, the constant flashing renders the site nearly unusable for me. Is there anything that can be done about this? Would a different browser run more smoothly?

Also, whenever I click on the friend request or alert icons, it yanks me far enough down the page that I can't see the top banner anymore. I don't know if this issue and the flashing issue are related, but I figured I'd toss it in, just in case.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Just gave Gathering a quick poke on my phone (as well as the top banner stuff) and got expected behavior/no flashies, so maybe it's just an iPhone thing?
(tested with Firefox on Android)

I will say, if memory serves, all browsers on iOS are just reskinned Safari, so if it keeps doing this you might be a little up a creek... hopefully this can get sorted out soon, that bug doesn't sound fun.
Just gave Gathering a quick poke on my phone (as well as the top banner stuff) and got expected behavior/no flashies, so maybe it's just an iPhone thing?
(tested with Firefox on Android)

I will say, if memory serves, all browsers on iOS are just reskinned Safari, so if it keeps doing this you might be a little up a creek... hopefully this can get sorted out soon, that bug doesn't sound fun.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Can confirm the same glitch on my iPhone with Safari. It also highlights the top notification when I open the drop down menu and does not go away.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
I too am having this issue on safari on my laptop (lots of different things get highlighted on different pages while in use, including the blue highlight surrounding the text box here while typing). The drop down menu also gets highlighted while force-scrolls my page downwards and I am not a fan :(

(I guess that's literally everything you had already listed, haha. I guess I'm just here to confirm it's all happening on my end too)
I too am having this issue on safari on my laptop (lots of different things get highlighted on different pages while in use, including the blue highlight surrounding the text box here while typing). The drop down menu also gets highlighted while force-scrolls my page downwards and I am not a fan :(

(I guess that's literally everything you had already listed, haha. I guess I'm just here to confirm it's all happening on my end too)
Also having this problem, I’m kinda wondering if it’s a result of the accessibility update as it wasn’t there before for me. This happens on almost every page on site.
Also having this problem, I’m kinda wondering if it’s a result of the accessibility update as it wasn’t there before for me. This happens on almost every page on site.
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
Not happening everywhere for me, but I have noticed it some times, specifically when tapping alert notifs!
Not happening everywhere for me, but I have noticed it some times, specifically when tapping alert notifs!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
I’m on Safari and also seeing this
I’m on Safari and also seeing this
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
I've been experiencing this too and it's been bothering me quite a bit.

It looks like more of an iOS thing than anything else so I tried to find a solution... but the solution to getting rid of closest thing resembling the boxes is enabling and disabling full keyboard access in settings, and that doesn't work. Can someone else check if it fixes the issue for them?
I've been experiencing this too and it's been bothering me quite a bit.

It looks like more of an iOS thing than anything else so I tried to find a solution... but the solution to getting rid of closest thing resembling the boxes is enabling and disabling full keyboard access in settings, and that doesn't work. Can someone else check if it fixes the issue for them?
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
I've also noticed the page flashing extra when trying to relist expired auctions quickly (holding enter and clicking relist buttons). It didn't flash before, and it's really painful on the eyes. This is on Firefox 115.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I don't see the blue border thing mentioned in the OP, though, so not sure if it's related.

ETA: Okay so its not really the page flashing, it's a new pop-up coming up in between saying "could not find listing" or something similar (after it relisted the one I clicked). The double pop-up makes it seem like it's flashing.
I've also noticed the page flashing extra when trying to relist expired auctions quickly (holding enter and clicking relist buttons). It didn't flash before, and it's really painful on the eyes. This is on Firefox 115.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I don't see the blue border thing mentioned in the OP, though, so not sure if it's related.

ETA: Okay so its not really the page flashing, it's a new pop-up coming up in between saying "could not find listing" or something similar (after it relisted the one I clicked). The double pop-up makes it seem like it's flashing.
WenPrLS.png
Updating to say that as of today, the page flashing issue in Safari appears to be fixed for me! Thanks, staff! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
Updating to say that as of today, the page flashing issue in Safari appears to be fixed for me! Thanks, staff!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!