Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Search AH/Site for Saved Scries
What it says on the title. I'd love the ability to take my existing saved morphologies and search for those parameters either across the game database or the Auction House.

I know that generally people are looking for a range of colors for breeding projects, but it would at least make setting up a search much easier, as I find that process pretty tedious and this would be so convenient.
What it says on the title. I'd love the ability to take my existing saved morphologies and search for those parameters either across the game database or the Auction House.

I know that generally people are looking for a range of colors for breeding projects, but it would at least make setting up a search much easier, as I find that process pretty tedious and this would be so convenient.
iBZfCms.jpg
I mean, while we're here spitballing, it'd be pretty neat to have an automatic range generator. Put in your desired color, choose from a dropdown how far away from that you're ok with, and then bingo bango no more having to remember that Rose is five colors away from White. Importing a morphology would make that all the easier, because your colors would be right there! It would save a ton of time.

Maybe there could also be a... idk, "polarity" choice on the dropdown? Like, when I have a near-miss on my projects, I'm looking for dragons on the other side of the desired color, not necessarily both sides. So being able to choose between "reciprocal" (both ways), "clockwise" (White -> Moon -> Ice -> Orca), and "counter-clockwise" (White -> Antique -> Cream -> Maize), that'd be pretty helpful too ^-^
I mean, while we're here spitballing, it'd be pretty neat to have an automatic range generator. Put in your desired color, choose from a dropdown how far away from that you're ok with, and then bingo bango no more having to remember that Rose is five colors away from White. Importing a morphology would make that all the easier, because your colors would be right there! It would save a ton of time.

Maybe there could also be a... idk, "polarity" choice on the dropdown? Like, when I have a near-miss on my projects, I'm looking for dragons on the other side of the desired color, not necessarily both sides. So being able to choose between "reciprocal" (both ways), "clockwise" (White -> Moon -> Ice -> Orca), and "counter-clockwise" (White -> Antique -> Cream -> Maize), that'd be pretty helpful too ^-^
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Do you mind if I steal this idea? While an official site one would be best, this is something I can make!
@Renaiwom
Do you mind if I steal this idea? While an official site one would be best, this is something I can make!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus I mean, sure, if you want to! I've been doing it manually; would this be like, a spreadsheet that would put the proper URL together for a search?

(If I was gonna make said spreadsheet- which, now I kinda want to, but I'm not good at upkeep stuff- I would also have a field to tick needed gene rarity, like, gem genes or Uncommon+ or what have you, since that's also something that takes a lot of fiddling to get done)

...editing to add, this would be something an API would be nice for on the official side, since like, suggestions are ideas and all that. If we're being all pie in the sky, why not wish for the moon, right?
@Vendrus I mean, sure, if you want to! I've been doing it manually; would this be like, a spreadsheet that would put the proper URL together for a search?

(If I was gonna make said spreadsheet- which, now I kinda want to, but I'm not good at upkeep stuff- I would also have a field to tick needed gene rarity, like, gem genes or Uncommon+ or what have you, since that's also something that takes a lot of fiddling to get done)

...editing to add, this would be something an API would be nice for on the official side, since like, suggestions are ideas and all that. If we're being all pie in the sky, why not wish for the moon, right?
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m

It'd be another page on my website: https://scrybabies.vendrus.teamfrag.net/
I'm thinking:
- a place to paste a scry url
- range size selector
- above/below/split
- either plus/minus buttons for each colour or a dropdown for tweaking
- 'all genes of x rarity' select option
- 'all breeds of x rarity' select option
- gender/age/rtb pickers

And ofc, generating both AH and Search urls

I've already got all the data written up for the genes and breeds and their rarity, so it's mostly putting together the UI and the url generators
@Renaiwom
It'd be another page on my website: https://scrybabies.vendrus.teamfrag.net/
I'm thinking:
- a place to paste a scry url
- range size selector
- above/below/split
- either plus/minus buttons for each colour or a dropdown for tweaking
- 'all genes of x rarity' select option
- 'all breeds of x rarity' select option
- gender/age/rtb pickers

And ofc, generating both AH and Search urls

I've already got all the data written up for the genes and breeds and their rarity, so it's mostly putting together the UI and the url generators
@Vendrus that sounds really neat ^-^ Lemme know if/when you make it!
@Vendrus that sounds really neat ^-^ Lemme know if/when you make it!
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m

Try this out!
https://scrybabies.vendrus.teamfrag.net/search
@BeastsBelow
Try this out!
https://scrybabies.vendrus.teamfrag.net/search
@Vendrus this is amazing!!! I need to share this with everyone lol. thank you!!!

One suggestion: could you add a way to exclude ancient/modern breeds? since I already have some prospective picks for my projects and they can't interbreed :)
@Vendrus this is amazing!!! I need to share this with everyone lol. thank you!!!

One suggestion: could you add a way to exclude ancient/modern breeds? since I already have some prospective picks for my projects and they can't interbreed :)
iBZfCms.jpg
@BeastsBelow
Updated with the ability to pick same breed only, and include/exclude ancients in the breed list!
@BeastsBelow
Updated with the ability to pick same breed only, and include/exclude ancients in the breed list!