Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Edit Daredevil Cover Tooltips
1 2 3
[quote name="555" date="2023-06-30 13:08:32" ] I agree. The error is understandable since they're such old items but a change would be nice to see! :) I figure the only reason they haven't been edited yet is because it's gone unnoticed until now (unnoticed by staff, that is! just to clarify) [/quote] Oh if that clarification is aimed at me dw, I've played since late 2017, have used these items often, and just now noticing the tooltip text and processing it is goofy of me. I find I neglect to read apparel tooltips in general, actually. (I gotta not do that.) [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] And I agree that I think staff hasn't noticed it due to the age of the items. I doubt they even remember, honestly. Or they don't stop to read old item tooltips in general after a while. Some typos [i]have[/i] gone unnoticed for years, for example.
555 wrote on 2023-06-30 13:08:32:
I agree. The error is understandable since they're such old items but a change would be nice to see! :) I figure the only reason they haven't been edited yet is because it's gone unnoticed until now (unnoticed by staff, that is! just to clarify)

Oh if that clarification is aimed at me dw, I've played since late 2017, have used these items often, and just now noticing the tooltip text and processing it is goofy of me. I find I neglect to read apparel tooltips in general, actually. (I gotta not do that.)

And I agree that I think staff hasn't noticed it due to the age of the items. I doubt they even remember, honestly. Or they don't stop to read old item tooltips in general after a while. Some typos have gone unnoticed for years, for example.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
This one has actually been acknowledged - it was put in the typo sticky a few years ago and was unchanged because "not a typo". Which, is correct, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed to not use exclusionary language (regardless of their intentions, as the items are from like, 2013 and I have no doubt they never had any malicious intentions with them).
This one has actually been acknowledged - it was put in the typo sticky a few years ago and was unchanged because "not a typo". Which, is correct, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed to not use exclusionary language (regardless of their intentions, as the items are from like, 2013 and I have no doubt they never had any malicious intentions with them).
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/245436982728196107/575567764719271946/postdivider.png[/img] [font=lucida console][size=4][color=#ad6200]F[/color][/size]ull support. Not only is, "they," more inclusive and nice to read, but it's been used in the singular [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/singular-nonbinary-they]since the 1300s[/url]. It would be nice to see the tooltip updated to match.
postdivider.png
Full support. Not only is, "they," more inclusive and nice to read, but it's been used in the singular since the 1300s. It would be nice to see the tooltip updated to match.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
Support, the "his or her" wording genuinely makes the tooltip confusing for me to read. This would also be a more clear rewording IMO: [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-06-30 10:05:56" ] "It is said this mask grants immeasurable power in exchange for the wearer's vision." [/quote]
Support, the "his or her" wording genuinely makes the tooltip confusing for me to read. This would also be a more clear rewording IMO:
Almedha wrote on 2023-06-30 10:05:56:
"It is said this mask grants immeasurable power in exchange for the wearer's vision."
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="Saphira455" date="2023-06-30 09:12:12" ] Agreed! Not really a bad thing, but I definitely have always found "his or her" to be fairly clunky! [/quote] Same, even as a kid before I’d heard of “their” being used as people’s official pronouns
Saphira455 wrote on 2023-06-30 09:12:12:
Agreed!
Not really a bad thing, but I definitely have always found "his or her" to be fairly clunky!
Same, even as a kid before I’d heard of “their” being used as people’s official pronouns
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-06-30 10:05:56" ] Support for an active sentence (versus passive) instead. "It is said this mask grants immeasurable power in exchange for the wearer's vision." [/quote] Also supporting this one, but [u]only[/u] because active sentences are clearer and more concise. Replacing "his or her" is absolutely necessary and I would be totally fine with singular they.
Support for an active sentence (versus passive) instead.
"It is said this mask grants immeasurable power in exchange for the wearer's vision."

Also supporting this one, but only because active sentences are clearer and more concise. Replacing "his or her" is absolutely necessary and I would be totally fine with singular they.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Defo agree! His or her has always felt so strange to me, this change would be welcome 100%
Defo agree! His or her has always felt so strange to me, this change would be welcome 100%
nF6vUTl.gif
Monolair lol
Support!

I do think it's good to have the context that the descriptions are from very old apparel items (and they are not terribly popular ones afaik), and ten years ago it might have felt like the most inclusive option to use "his or her" rather than defaulting to "his" which was the trend for quite some time- but now it needs a little refresh! The FR team is really good about things like this and it's probably just one of those odd things that has been forgotten about after so much time has passed.
Support!

I do think it's good to have the context that the descriptions are from very old apparel items (and they are not terribly popular ones afaik), and ten years ago it might have felt like the most inclusive option to use "his or her" rather than defaulting to "his" which was the trend for quite some time- but now it needs a little refresh! The FR team is really good about things like this and it's probably just one of those odd things that has been forgotten about after so much time has passed.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-06-30 10:05:56" ] Support for an active sentence (versus passive) instead. "It is said this mask grants immeasurable power in exchange for the wearer's vision." [/quote] Support, it just sounds a lot more fluid [emoji=guardian happy size=1]
Support for an active sentence (versus passive) instead.

Support, it just sounds a lot more fluid
EFAI4Zp.jpegjaEcYlX.gif
Indeed, support. It's very minor, but I'd greatly appreciate it, especially since the site is generally quite good about this sort of thing.
Indeed, support. It's very minor, but I'd greatly appreciate it, especially since the site is generally quite good about this sort of thing.
1 2 3