Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | today I learned that eye contact....
1 2 3
.....isn't looking directly into someone's eyes like they owe you money. it's just looking generally at their face while you're speaking with them. and i think now with this knowledge i will never be able to convince my doctors that i have autism /hj
.....isn't looking directly into someone's eyes like they owe you money. it's just looking generally at their face while you're speaking with them. and i think now with this knowledge i will never be able to convince my doctors that i have autism /hj
YRmQuaa.png

Wishlist
Flight Rising World Records
Art Shop
FR +2
...no, eye contact is staring directly into someone's eyes like they owe you money. i saw a debate on tiktok about this too, lol. eye contact is looking at someone's eyes. looking at their face - between their eyes, below their eyes, their nose, etc. - is not eye contact.
...no, eye contact is staring directly into someone's eyes like they owe you money. i saw a debate on tiktok about this too, lol. eye contact is looking at someone's eyes. looking at their face - between their eyes, below their eyes, their nose, etc. - is not eye contact.
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png ...

hi, i'm slipfast :)

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
eye intact is so hard though when the person has very intimidating blue or green eyes.
eye intact is so hard though when the person has very intimidating blue or green eyes.
they/she | 19 | artist | FR+2
wishlist
36071903_G0UbKKPDhfPrzPZ.png
I gave up on eye contact long ago. This is some Tiktok nonsense, isn't it?
I gave up on eye contact long ago. This is some Tiktok nonsense, isn't it?
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
Eye contact is literally what it says it is - when your eyes make contact with another person's. Looking at someone's face but not at their eyes is NOT making eye contact.
Eye contact is literally what it says it is - when your eyes make contact with another person's. Looking at someone's face but not at their eyes is NOT making eye contact.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
the insistence on eye contact by the general public is stupid tbh. eye contact is physically painful
the insistence on eye contact by the general public is stupid tbh. eye contact is physically painful
JxVNtfu.gif
I thought when someone says you make eye contact your eyes meet? And by that extension, breaking eye contact means you are looking anyplace but that person's eyes. Contact is like base level eye-to-eye communication or something.
I thought when someone says you make eye contact your eyes meet? And by that extension, breaking eye contact means you are looking anyplace but that person's eyes. Contact is like base level eye-to-eye communication or something.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
[quote name="slipfast" date="2023-06-27 21:15:59" ] looking at their face - between their eyes, below their eyes, their nose, etc. - is not eye contact. [/quote] Pro tip though: people can't tell you're not [i]actually[/i] making eye contact if you're looking at the space between their eyes or eyebrows instead. [s]reblog to save an autistic person's life[/s] It's not """the real thing""" but eye contact is a dumb made-up social requirement that really only ACTUALLY matters in very specific situations, if you ask me. Close enough is close enough when it comes to job interviews and whatnot. I literally got hired the other day when I was just staring at the bridge of my interviewer's nose the whole time. You can only ever actually look at one of a person's eyes at a time anyway so lol?
slipfast wrote on 2023-06-27 21:15:59:
looking at their face - between their eyes, below their eyes, their nose, etc. - is not eye contact.

Pro tip though: people can't tell you're not actually making eye contact if you're looking at the space between their eyes or eyebrows instead. reblog to save an autistic person's life

It's not """the real thing""" but eye contact is a dumb made-up social requirement that really only ACTUALLY matters in very specific situations, if you ask me. Close enough is close enough when it comes to job interviews and whatnot. I literally got hired the other day when I was just staring at the bridge of my interviewer's nose the whole time.

You can only ever actually look at one of a person's eyes at a time anyway so lol?
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
If it helps anyone, I find looking at the area between someone's eyes and then using quick glances to the eyes and back works. Most people don't notice as long as you're blinking and breaking/remaking eye contact from time to time. If you're looking to learn this skill, there's a middle ground to be found between sustained unbreaking eye contact and no eye contact at all. If you aren't interested because any eye contact at all is like looking directly at the sun, that's also valid! [emoji=new friend size=1] That being said, [b]I want to caution people about bringing trends, especially discourse, from other platforms to our website[/b]. Some topics and fun memes can generally be okay (content depending), but [i]discourse[/I]—as the word is currently used in internet [b][url=https://www.dictionary.com/browse/parlance]parlance[/url][/b]—that can run up against [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886-Harassment]our rules[/url][/b] (like disability discrimination or personal attacks) is not okay.
If it helps anyone, I find looking at the area between someone's eyes and then using quick glances to the eyes and back works. Most people don't notice as long as you're blinking and breaking/remaking eye contact from time to time. If you're looking to learn this skill, there's a middle ground to be found between sustained unbreaking eye contact and no eye contact at all. If you aren't interested because any eye contact at all is like looking directly at the sun, that's also valid!

That being said, I want to caution people about bringing trends, especially discourse, from other platforms to our website. Some topics and fun memes can generally be okay (content depending), but discourse—as the word is currently used in internet parlance—that can run up against our rules (like disability discrimination or personal attacks) is not okay.
Direct eye contact is a move of aggression, dominance, or intimidation ("Don't mess with me, I'm dangerous!") in many other species, including other apes.

Makes total sense for it to make some Humans feel extremely uncomfortable.
Direct eye contact is a move of aggression, dominance, or intimidation ("Don't mess with me, I'm dangerous!") in many other species, including other apes.

Makes total sense for it to make some Humans feel extremely uncomfortable.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 3