Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | MyHouse.WAD
1 2 3
One of my favorite games of the year. Such a mind blower! Every single different area is all the exact same shape of the house! So everything is so different, yet it all has that subtle… familiarity.
It’s such an amazing nod, must have so much time and effort out into it! Really messes with your head, I enjoy it. It has very much peeked my interest compared to other games. I can’t express how much the storyline, the map, and everything is just so amazing!

The lawnmower speed run was amazing LOL
One of my favorite games of the year. Such a mind blower! Every single different area is all the exact same shape of the house! So everything is so different, yet it all has that subtle… familiarity.
It’s such an amazing nod, must have so much time and effort out into it! Really messes with your head, I enjoy it. It has very much peeked my interest compared to other games. I can’t express how much the storyline, the map, and everything is just so amazing!

The lawnmower speed run was amazing LOL
kitty.pngMy Pfp Dragon | Bandi: frozen, lore:UiWD6.gif
I’ll figure out what else to add here later
[quote name="@Xionahri" date="2023-06-19 13:31:05" ] So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video. [quote name="Fishes" date="2023-06-19 13:20:05" ] If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject. [/quote] Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom. Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word [color=blue]house[/color] in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful. [/quote] I really outta read House of Leaves sometime it seems to be a Very Powerful Novel
@Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-19 13:31:05:
So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video.
Fishes wrote on 2023-06-19 13:20:05:
If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject.

Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom.

Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word house in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful.
I really outta read House of Leaves sometime
it seems to be a Very Powerful Novel
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
[quote name="TricksySixx" date="2023-06-21 17:24:28" ] [quote name="@Xionahri" date="2023-06-19 13:31:05" ] So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video. [quote name="Fishes" date="2023-06-19 13:20:05" ] If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject. [/quote] Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom. Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word [color=blue]house[/color] in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful. [/quote] I really outta read House of Leaves sometime it seems to be a Very Powerful Novel [/quote] Be warned that it's surprisingly horny.
TricksySixx wrote on 2023-06-21 17:24:28:
@Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-19 13:31:05:
So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video.
If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject.

Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom.

Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word house in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful.
Be warned that it's surprisingly horny.
0PusAYp.pngbYt72YT.png
[quote name="Radvom" date="2023-06-21 18:39:14" ] [quote name="TricksySixx" date="2023-06-21 17:24:28" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-06-19 13:31:05" ] So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video. [quote name="Fishes" date="2023-06-19 13:20:05" ] If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject. [/quote] Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom. Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word [color=blue]house[/color] in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful. [/quote] I really outta read House of Leaves sometime it seems to be a Very Powerful Novel [/quote] Be warned that it's surprisingly horny. [/quote] Only in certain footnotes. And as someone who is not bothered at all by things like this, I still think those can easily be skipped. In general, Johnny's story is kinda disconnected from the rest. In some ways, this adds onto the labyrithine nature of the book, but most his ramblings feel optional to the main meat of the story.
Radvom wrote on 2023-06-21 18:39:14:
Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-19 13:31:05:

Only in certain footnotes. And as someone who is not bothered at all by things like this, I still think those can easily be skipped. In general, Johnny's story is kinda disconnected from the rest. In some ways, this adds onto the labyrithine nature of the book, but most his ramblings feel optional to the main meat of the story.
I saw a video essay pop up on my recommended about it, having known absolutely nothing abt doom I just clicked bc I like video essays. I absolutely adore liminal space aesthetic so as soon as the weirdness started I absolutely ATE IT UP. It also made me actually buy the first doom game, and it was worth it bc I love it
I saw a video essay pop up on my recommended about it, having known absolutely nothing abt doom I just clicked bc I like video essays. I absolutely adore liminal space aesthetic so as soon as the weirdness started I absolutely ATE IT UP. It also made me actually buy the first doom game, and it was worth it bc I love it
zVzI8uZ.jpg
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-06-22 01:05:24" ] [quote name="Radvom" date="2023-06-21 18:39:14" ] [quote name="TricksySixx" date="2023-06-21 17:24:28" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-06-19 13:31:05" ] So I remembered this thread and wanted to look into it, so I just pulled up a video. [quote name="Fishes" date="2023-06-19 13:20:05" ] If you're not sure what this is, it's a Doom mod that maps out some guy's house... and turns out it has a ton more details down that rabbit hole. Here's a good video on the subject. [/quote] Exactly this one, in fact. It's good. I'm not entirely through it yet, but the creator of the video provides some fun information, especially for someone who has little experience with Doom. Also, I'd like to mention that immediately, when he opened the journal, I got cold chills. First thing I saw was the word [color=blue]house[/color] in blue and it gave me a deep sense of dread. Im love how, even years after reading that book, it still affects me. Beautiful. [/quote] I really outta read House of Leaves sometime it seems to be a Very Powerful Novel [/quote] Be warned that it's surprisingly horny. [/quote] Only in certain footnotes. And as someone who is not bothered at all by things like this, I still think those can easily be skipped. In general, Johnny's story is kinda disconnected from the rest. In some ways, this adds onto the labyrithine nature of the book, but most his ramblings feel optional to the main meat of the story. [/quote] Thanks for the warning, to my knowledge Johnny's story is the framing device? He's like the Walton to the other characters' Victor/Creature or the Utterson to Jekyll/Hyde? But yeah I can ignore footnotes p easy, I'm guessing in this instance its just Johnny rambling on what he's found?
Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-22 01:05:24:
Radvom wrote on 2023-06-21 18:39:14:
Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-19 13:31:05:

Only in certain footnotes. And as someone who is not bothered at all by things like this, I still think those can easily be skipped. In general, Johnny's story is kinda disconnected from the rest. In some ways, this adds onto the labyrithine nature of the book, but most his ramblings feel optional to the main meat of the story.
Thanks for the warning,
to my knowledge Johnny's story is the framing device? He's like the Walton to the other characters' Victor/Creature or the Utterson to Jekyll/Hyde?
But yeah I can ignore footnotes p easy, I'm guessing in this instance its just Johnny rambling on what he's found?
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
1 2 3