Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | comments and/or critiques please?
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1075914891728265327/1113848800411406346/NENE_KUSANAGI_ISTG.png[/img] this is my newest piece :3c i really want some comments on how i did and how to improve!
NENE_KUSANAGI_ISTG.png

this is my newest piece :3c i really want some comments on how i did and how to improve!
banner_1.png
.camilo | .fr+15 | .they/them
͏͏ call me morgan, remix or camilo!
_wishlist. _art shop. _about me. _accent shop.
@Auraflare
I like it a lot! The eyes are massive but fit in the style!
My only critique is dem hands are broken, you can always find hand references and work by those! I do so as well :33
@Auraflare
I like it a lot! The eyes are massive but fit in the style!
My only critique is dem hands are broken, you can always find hand references and work by those! I do so as well :33
glory to the Nightmare King _____ • cesare | he/she | fr +9 •
____art shop | accents | wishlist | avatar
_________← get King to 200 stars!
the original nene card is very pretty and i like how you've redrawn it adding your own elements / using your own style [emoji=new friend size=1] it might be worth mentioning that it is a redraw, so others can see how you've deviated from the original in your own ways! i do think the head is a bit big though, and the hair especially in the back doesn't look like it's flowing very naturally, if that makes sense? >< i agree that using references for the hands would be useful as well!
the original nene card is very pretty and i like how you've redrawn it adding your own elements / using your own style it might be worth mentioning that it is a redraw, so others can see how you've deviated from the original in your own ways!
i do think the head is a bit big though, and the hair especially in the back doesn't look like it's flowing very naturally, if that makes sense? >< i agree that using references for the hands would be useful as well!
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x art by Dovalore #82790. image links to character's toyhouse profile!
@hocotate @caesarwaltz

dksjfghkjsdfh I WILL TRY TO FIND HAND REFERENCES. also yeah the hair kind of doesn't flow very smoothly akshdjfhg

I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE TO HEART. THANK YOU SM !!!
@hocotate @caesarwaltz

dksjfghkjsdfh I WILL TRY TO FIND HAND REFERENCES. also yeah the hair kind of doesn't flow very smoothly akshdjfhg

I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE TO HEART. THANK YOU SM !!!
banner_1.png
I think its really pretty! I don't have too much to comment about the artstyle, i think it looks cute and everyone develops their artstyle in their own way. Some general art advice though, try and improve on the contrast a little bit! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/864920553751052318/1115101601749799004/image.png[/img] you'll notice that putting it into grayscale, all the colors are very similar in shade, and that sometimes causes a bit of a blurry or muddy effect on the colors. try and use darker colors on the outline or make the subject stand out compared to the background so she's the focus of the page! you can do this through adding a multiply layer on areas you want darker, or using color dodge layers on areas you want to be lighter, adjusting the opacity of the layer as you see fit. its a bit hard to use at first, but if you experiment with it, i trust you'll get the hang of it <3
I think its really pretty! I don't have too much to comment about the artstyle, i think it looks cute and everyone develops their artstyle in their own way. Some general art advice though, try and improve on the contrast a little bit!
image.png
you'll notice that putting it into grayscale, all the colors are very similar in shade, and that sometimes causes a bit of a blurry or muddy effect on the colors. try and use darker colors on the outline or make the subject stand out compared to the background so she's the focus of the page!

you can do this through adding a multiply layer on areas you want darker, or using color dodge layers on areas you want to be lighter, adjusting the opacity of the layer as you see fit. its a bit hard to use at first, but if you experiment with it, i trust you'll get the hang of it <3
@februarei

oo that's really good advice!! i'll try to add more contrast next time!!! thank you!!
@februarei

oo that's really good advice!! i'll try to add more contrast next time!!! thank you!!
banner_1.png
yoooo i love the colors! the eyes specifically are really eye-catching (no pun intended), and i love the way you shaded the fabric and hair! i do agree with februarei's comment about maybe improving the contrast between the areas that're in light and those that're in shadow- my go-two is multiply (in a blue color) for the shadows and add (in a yellow/warm color) for the lighting, then adjust the opacity. i am on procreate though and idk what program you use.

drawing dynamic poses rather than stiff ones will really improve your overall art, that's just a general tip- REFERENCES REFERENCES REFERENCES! they're life-savers for everything. especially with proportions, which are v important! knowing how the body fits together, even if it's just saying 'okay, faces and hands are a kinda similar size' will help a lot, trust me.
yoooo i love the colors! the eyes specifically are really eye-catching (no pun intended), and i love the way you shaded the fabric and hair! i do agree with februarei's comment about maybe improving the contrast between the areas that're in light and those that're in shadow- my go-two is multiply (in a blue color) for the shadows and add (in a yellow/warm color) for the lighting, then adjust the opacity. i am on procreate though and idk what program you use.

drawing dynamic poses rather than stiff ones will really improve your overall art, that's just a general tip- REFERENCES REFERENCES REFERENCES! they're life-savers for everything. especially with proportions, which are v important! knowing how the body fits together, even if it's just saying 'okay, faces and hands are a kinda similar size' will help a lot, trust me.

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
@caelafireheart
i usually use overlay (in dark blue) for shadows and light orange/red for light (this is only when i finish shading everything, so it's like a final touch)

i use krita!! i find add too blinding sometimes but i'll try it ahaha

yesss i do use a lot of references but i got lazy with the posing for this one :p
thanks for the advice!!!
@caelafireheart
i usually use overlay (in dark blue) for shadows and light orange/red for light (this is only when i finish shading everything, so it's like a final touch)

i use krita!! i find add too blinding sometimes but i'll try it ahaha

yesss i do use a lot of references but i got lazy with the posing for this one :p
thanks for the advice!!!
banner_1.png