Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cheaper Skins/Accents for Ancients
1 2 3
Hm, this still seems like a slap in the face to those who have already invested pretty heavily in skincents, even more so for those that have invested in in say, their Banescales.

Independently UM content (as much as it can be for FR at least) is, and should be treated as a luxury for those who wish to invest into as with 1st gen doubles, older items, certain digits, etc.

Also as it remains, it's best for artists to set that price for what THEY want, given they did the work.

I'm -maybe- neutral at best on this.
Hm, this still seems like a slap in the face to those who have already invested pretty heavily in skincents, even more so for those that have invested in in say, their Banescales.

Independently UM content (as much as it can be for FR at least) is, and should be treated as a luxury for those who wish to invest into as with 1st gen doubles, older items, certain digits, etc.

Also as it remains, it's best for artists to set that price for what THEY want, given they did the work.

I'm -maybe- neutral at best on this.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
Imo it's a bit too late to change the price of the item; however, it'd be nice to see some MP and Coli skins/accents for ancients. MP ones can cost lower than the ones for regular breeds (those used to cost 500g, I think?)
Imo it's a bit too late to change the price of the item; however, it'd be nice to see some MP and Coli skins/accents for ancients. MP ones can cost lower than the ones for regular breeds (those used to cost 500g, I think?)
I feel like this may become confusing, especially for newer players. Buying blueprints is already rather confusing.

I am definitely in support of easy to access skins and accents for ancients. Ones that aren't tied to the coli or festivals - Ancient "fashion contests", with skins and accents comprising mostly of apparel, would be fun.
I feel like this may become confusing, especially for newer players. Buying blueprints is already rather confusing.

I am definitely in support of easy to access skins and accents for ancients. Ones that aren't tied to the coli or festivals - Ancient "fashion contests", with skins and accents comprising mostly of apparel, would be fun.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote name="SpookyPuptarts" date="2023-05-18 18:33:17" ] I feel like this may become confusing, especially for newer players. Buying blueprints is already rather confusing. I am definitely in support of easy to access skins and accents for ancients. Ones that aren't tied to the coli or festivals - Ancient "fashion contests", with skins and accents comprising mostly of apparel, would be fun. [/quote] I find it not so confusing like 10 genes with same names but diffirent add of breed in breckets. Thus if we live ok with genes then it is definetly easier live with 2 kind of blueprints.
SpookyPuptarts wrote on 2023-05-18 18:33:17:

I find it not so confusing like 10 genes with same names but diffirent add of breed in breckets. Thus if we live ok with genes then it is definetly easier live with 2 kind of blueprints.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Numerologist" date="2023-05-18 15:42:30" ] Hm, this still seems like a slap in the face to those who have already invested pretty heavily in skincents, even more so for those that have invested in in say, their Banescales.[/quote] always a terrible thing to start your response with "well what about the people that already paid a lot of money for this thing we want to change" because... that's why we want to change it? we're tired of spending a lot of money? lol? it makes you sound like one of those people that's opposed to something changing because you previously went through the thing and you think its insulting that other people wont have to deal with it
Numerologist wrote on 2023-05-18 15:42:30:

always a terrible thing to start your response with "well what about the people that already paid a lot of money for this thing we want to change"

because... that's why we want to change it? we're tired of spending a lot of money? lol?

it makes you sound like one of those people that's opposed to something changing because you previously went through the thing and you think its insulting that other people wont have to deal with it
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@ Response aimed to me:
I think it would be better if the rest of my response was read rather than cherry-picking a portion of it, in a condescending manner no less.
@ Response aimed to me:
I think it would be better if the rest of my response was read rather than cherry-picking a portion of it, in a condescending manner no less.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
support. I think people in the suggestion forums are too deadset on "if anything changes then people need to be compensated for it" when I find that's just not necessary for most suggestions. things change, having improvements blocked because some people existed before it isn't conductive to the site imo.
I
support. I think people in the suggestion forums are too deadset on "if anything changes then people need to be compensated for it" when I find that's just not necessary for most suggestions. things change, having improvements blocked because some people existed before it isn't conductive to the site imo.
I
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
Blueprint prices are the cost of creating your own item for the site. Which dragon base you're putting it on is moot.
Blueprint prices are the cost of creating your own item for the site. Which dragon base you're putting it on is moot.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Things change and change is a good thing.

I am aware that this suggestion might feel unfair to skin and accent makers because the value of the skins and accents they've made before this suggested change will lose value, but my viewpoint is in line with @bakugames. You can't block change because of the people who will have existed before the change.

I didn't make this suggestion to slight skin/accent makers, I made it because it seems like the kind of change that would benefit owners of ancients as a whole and would fall in line with other things for ancients being at a discount.

I'd love to have more ancient dragons, but half of the fun for me with dragons is dressing them. Once an ancient has all of its genes... that's the extent of my being able to 'play' with them and it's resulted in me not having many ancients even if I really love the breeds.
Things change and change is a good thing.

I am aware that this suggestion might feel unfair to skin and accent makers because the value of the skins and accents they've made before this suggested change will lose value, but my viewpoint is in line with @bakugames. You can't block change because of the people who will have existed before the change.

I didn't make this suggestion to slight skin/accent makers, I made it because it seems like the kind of change that would benefit owners of ancients as a whole and would fall in line with other things for ancients being at a discount.

I'd love to have more ancient dragons, but half of the fun for me with dragons is dressing them. Once an ancient has all of its genes... that's the extent of my being able to 'play' with them and it's resulted in me not having many ancients even if I really love the breeds.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
[quote name="SpookyPuptarts" date="2023-05-18 18:33:17" ] I am definitely in support of easy to access skins and accents for ancients. Ones that aren't tied to the coli or festivals - Ancient "fashion contests", with skins and accents comprising mostly of apparel, would be fun. [/quote] minus the "comprising mostly of apparel" I think this is a good idea!
SpookyPuptarts wrote on 2023-05-18 18:33:17:
minus the "comprising mostly of apparel" I think this is a good idea!
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
1 2 3