Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Special familiars for ancients
1 2
Taking suggestions for a better title. So Gaolers came paired with Dripcave Deputy and Veilspuns came with Willowmane Deerling, but other ancients don't have their "special familiar. And I would personally like it if all ancients got a familiar pair with them, in one way or another! -------------- [b]Aberration[/b] - Some two-headed critter? Also mutated in Wyrmwound, just stayed in the soup a bit longer because it was comfortable. [quote]it'd be cliched but i think aberrations should get a special lab rat familiar! [/quote] [b]Aether[/b] - Some critters that had come with them to the ship and aided aethers with various tasks. Could be a very floofy and cute moth. [b]Banescale[/b] - Fire salamander perhaps? [quote]banescales should get a canary! like a little phoenix/fire inspired canary - a canary in the coal mine reference + because they sing sweetly and banescales love to sing! a little animal they care about but send into chamber depths to make sure they're safe for nesting! [/quote] [b]Undertide[/b] - Oarfish! It for sure should be oarfish as they are seen as the messengers of the sea and live deep underwater. [quote]though for undertides maybe a special maren companion since living alongside them is so intrinsic to their site lore? but i suppose that would be the unlockable ones from arlo...[/quote] [b]Lightning ancient[/b] - Something with Stormcatcher's mantis arms. ------------------ Please share your ideas about what these familiars could be! I'll add them to this post.
Taking suggestions for a better title.

So Gaolers came paired with Dripcave Deputy and Veilspuns came with Willowmane Deerling, but other ancients don't have their "special familiar. And I would personally like it if all ancients got a familiar pair with them, in one way or another!

Aberration
- Some two-headed critter? Also mutated in Wyrmwound, just stayed in the soup a bit longer because it was comfortable.
Quote:
it'd be cliched but i think aberrations should get a special lab rat familiar!

Aether
- Some critters that had come with them to the ship and aided aethers with various tasks. Could be a very floofy and cute moth.

Banescale
- Fire salamander perhaps?
Quote:
banescales should get a canary! like a little phoenix/fire inspired canary - a canary in the coal mine reference + because they sing sweetly and banescales love to sing! a little animal they care about but send into chamber depths to make sure they're safe for nesting!

Undertide
- Oarfish! It for sure should be oarfish as they are seen as the messengers of the sea and live deep underwater.
Quote:
though for undertides maybe a special maren companion since living alongside them is so intrinsic to their site lore? but i suppose that would be the unlockable ones from arlo...

Lightning ancient
- Something with Stormcatcher's mantis arms.

Please share your ideas about what these familiars could be! I'll add them to this post.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I posted something here but it was irrelevant, anyways I didn't know any of them had familiars for them tbh
I posted something here but it was irrelevant, anyways I didn't know any of them had familiars for them tbh
Ooooo! I love this idea! Especially if the ab one could be discernable to have aspects of other familiars, but you can't quite identify which ones!
Ooooo! I love this idea! Especially if the ab one could be discernable to have aspects of other familiars, but you can't quite identify which ones!
forum-signature-stuff-4.pngforum-signature-stuff-1.pngforum-signature-stuff-2.pngforum-signature-stuff-3.png
I want moth familiar now
I want moth familiar now
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
Support! I legit thought we would always get an accompanying set of fams with ancients since Gaos and Veils got them and would love to see the trend continue [emoji=coatl love size=2] Also all of the ones you suggested would make so good matches! Oarfish inspired one would be amazing to get [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Support!

I legit thought we would always get an accompanying set of fams with ancients since Gaos and Veils got them and would love to see the trend continue

Also all of the ones you suggested would make so good matches! Oarfish inspired one would be amazing to get
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Added the Lightning ancient.
Added the Lightning ancient.
c1xnUU3.png
yknow what this would be nice - it's kind of weird that they did it for only two ancients??? never even really thought about it until now

@Kahvinporo pinging you since you asked for suggestions!!!

banescales should get a canary! like a little phoenix/fire inspired canary - a canary in the coal mine reference + because they sing sweetly and banescales love to sing! a little animal they care about but send into chamber depths to make sure they're safe for nesting! (also the history of coal mine canaries is so interesting, did you know the miners had resuscitation devices for them???)

though for undertides maybe a special maren companion since living alongside them is so intrinsic to their site lore? but i suppose that would be the unlockable ones from arlo...
yknow what this would be nice - it's kind of weird that they did it for only two ancients??? never even really thought about it until now

@Kahvinporo pinging you since you asked for suggestions!!!

banescales should get a canary! like a little phoenix/fire inspired canary - a canary in the coal mine reference + because they sing sweetly and banescales love to sing! a little animal they care about but send into chamber depths to make sure they're safe for nesting! (also the history of coal mine canaries is so interesting, did you know the miners had resuscitation devices for them???)

41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@hungryhobbits I AGREE! It is weird that they only gave these for two, so I want them to add one for everyone! And tbh, I wouldn't be against having one for modern dragons either :0c it would be such a fun lore building idea! But for now, let's focus on the ancients [emoji=aberration tongue size=2] Added your suggestion! I think a sweet songbird for banes would be wonderful too.
@hungryhobbits
I AGREE! It is weird that they only gave these for two, so I want them to add one for everyone! And tbh, I wouldn't be against having one for modern dragons either :0c it would be such a fun lore building idea! But for now, let's focus on the ancients

Added your suggestion! I think a sweet songbird for banes would be wonderful too.
c1xnUU3.png
Undel said in the steam that veilspuns (and the upcoming lightning ancient potentially) got special familiars because they don't give out free scrolls/eggs for gem breeds but still want to give out something to celebrate the release.

Although the goalors got a special one? So not sure what happened there...I always like new familiars though.
Undel said in the steam that veilspuns (and the upcoming lightning ancient potentially) got special familiars because they don't give out free scrolls/eggs for gem breeds but still want to give out something to celebrate the release.

Although the goalors got a special one? So not sure what happened there...I always like new familiars though.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
[quote name="DinosaurFeathers" date="2023-05-13 07:09:21" ] Although the goalors got a special one? So not sure what happened there...I always like new familiars though. [/quote] i assume gaolers got one to commemorate the fact that they were the very first ancient to be released
DinosaurFeathers wrote on 2023-05-13 07:09:21:
i assume gaolers got one to commemorate the fact that they were the very first ancient to be released
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2