Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Cycling WC Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
edit: actually i don't care anymore i'm out i'll just block it's for the best since yall refuse to explain anything
edit: actually i don't care anymore i'm out i'll just block it's for the best since yall refuse to explain anything
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-05-10 14:42:42" ] edit: actually i don't care anymore i'm out i'll just block it's for the best since yall refuse to explain anything [/quote] I'm sorry, but look you cannot seriously call someone out [i]by name[/i] (three replies back) and not understand that they feel... well, called out. I feel like this is not a controversial take. If you'd like, view it as yet another unsolicited mediation, but this time coming from me instead of you. Also I'm not sure what (if anything) I'm not explaining. I doubt I'll ever get clarification, and I'll forget about it in about ten minutes. Sorry again. I'm just not sure how that's confusing.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-05-10 14:42:42:
I'm sorry, but look you cannot seriously call someone out by name (three replies back) and not understand that they feel... well, called out. I feel like this is not a controversial take. If you'd like, view it as yet another unsolicited mediation, but this time coming from me instead of you.

Also I'm not sure what (if anything) I'm not explaining. I doubt I'll ever get clarification, and I'll forget about it in about ten minutes. Sorry again. I'm just not sure how that's confusing.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
--squeezing in just to respond to the OP rq--

For me it's a both or neither kind of deal.

I get the cycling, and though I'd rather not have Coalts cycled out right now (just because I happen to currently be planning to make a Coatl at the moment) I think it would make sense overall to alternate. Though as a lover of both breeds it would be nice to have access to the scrolls all the time.

I did manage to save up these past few days for the WC change I wanted, but that was because, as others had mentioned, I had older fest apparel I've been selling on the AH. (Old as in... 2021 cause I haven't been playing that long. and I. didn't even realize they were an item that cycled out until they. just cycled back in because I am actually very smart and attentive /s)
--squeezing in just to respond to the OP rq--

For me it's a both or neither kind of deal.

I get the cycling, and though I'd rather not have Coalts cycled out right now (just because I happen to currently be planning to make a Coatl at the moment) I think it would make sense overall to alternate. Though as a lover of both breeds it would be nice to have access to the scrolls all the time.

I did manage to save up these past few days for the WC change I wanted, but that was because, as others had mentioned, I had older fest apparel I've been selling on the AH. (Old as in... 2021 cause I haven't been playing that long. and I. didn't even realize they were an item that cycled out until they. just cycled back in because I am actually very smart and attentive /s)
lightvs1.png 75bear.png qCVFNJp.png
BAYHRHf.png
J7D1quC.png
R1dejfm.png
icebear71.png icevs1.png
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2023-05-10 13:53:52" ] I feel like the price is relevant. I don't mind Nocturne scrolls being limited because they're fairly easy to obtain during NOTN, and even afterward they're cheap on the AH. Wildclaw scrolls, meanwhile, can be marked up by 200 gems when not in stock. [/quote] Yeah, this. Price is relevant, at least a little. The ease of getting Noc scrolls during NotN makes them [i]very[/i] easily accessible and cheap during the rest of the year. They don't even hit 100g (or even 50g?) anymore, and WC scrolls can be marked up by more than that when they're not cycled in.
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2023-05-10 13:53:52:
I feel like the price is relevant. I don't mind Nocturne scrolls being limited because they're fairly easy to obtain during NOTN, and even afterward they're cheap on the AH. Wildclaw scrolls, meanwhile, can be marked up by 200 gems when not in stock.

Yeah, this. Price is relevant, at least a little. The ease of getting Noc scrolls during NotN makes them very easily accessible and cheap during the rest of the year. They don't even hit 100g (or even 50g?) anymore, and WC scrolls can be marked up by more than that when they're not cycled in.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Support. I personally don't like the idea of alternating cycling with Coatl scrolls. I don't think it's necessary to "punish" another breed with cycling in place of another but I would take it if there is no other option available in order to keep WC scrolls around longer. Even having WC scrolls still cycle, but more frequently, would be better. As others have said, the AH mark-up feels unfair too. I don't believe removing the cycling or doing so more frequently would make WCs extremely easier to obtain, since they are still expensive for players who can't afford to place as much time or resources into obtaining one (I say this as someone who formerly had bucketloads of time to dedicate to the game but now work full-time). If nothing changes, I can live with it of course, but a change would be much appreciated. (Please do not ping me in the suggestions forum, thank you [emoji=familiar heart size=1] only looking to express support for this and why, not exactly seeking debate).
Support. I personally don't like the idea of alternating cycling with Coatl scrolls. I don't think it's necessary to "punish" another breed with cycling in place of another but I would take it if there is no other option available in order to keep WC scrolls around longer. Even having WC scrolls still cycle, but more frequently, would be better. As others have said, the AH mark-up feels unfair too. I don't believe removing the cycling or doing so more frequently would make WCs extremely easier to obtain, since they are still expensive for players who can't afford to place as much time or resources into obtaining one (I say this as someone who formerly had bucketloads of time to dedicate to the game but now work full-time). If nothing changes, I can live with it of course, but a change would be much appreciated.

(Please do not ping me in the suggestions forum, thank you only looking to express support for this and why, not exactly seeking debate).
wlLXM.gif
The dragon economy is truly in shambles rn
The dragon economy is truly in shambles rn
Fletcher|He/Him|
Redwalk.gif
[quote name="Stellori" date="2023-05-10 18:38:11" ] [quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2023-05-10 13:53:52" ] I feel like the price is relevant. I don't mind Nocturne scrolls being limited because they're fairly easy to obtain during NOTN, and even afterward they're cheap on the AH. Wildclaw scrolls, meanwhile, can be marked up by 200 gems when not in stock. [/quote] Yeah, this. Price is relevant, at least a little. The ease of getting Noc scrolls during NotN makes them [i]very[/i] easily accessible and cheap during the rest of the year. They don't even hit 100g (or even 50g?) anymore, and WC scrolls can be marked up by more than that when they're not cycled in. [/quote] [i]Thank you.[/i] Price is [b]100%[/b] relevant to the discussion. It's entirely the issue, when you think about it. The fact that no one complains about Nocs only being available 2 weeks out of the year is proof that price will influence how people feel about cycling breed changes. [u]The price is relevant.[/u] If WCs were a treasure breed, let's say Common (so a price anywhere from 250kt to 325kt), there'd probably be way less complaints, since treasure is so much easier to obtain. Some people would probably still dislike it, as 250kt isn't simple for a lot of players still, but a heck of a lot more players can afford 250kt vs 2kg. At a rate of 1:1000, 2kg is 2 [i]million[/i] treasure. With how many posts I see of people joking about being poor, that's definitely no easy feat for most. I still stand by that I don't like the one-sided cycling. Either the gem breeds should never cycle, or they should rotate their cycling. Making it one-sided when they're supposed to be the same rarity is really strange. I thought the whole point of the breed rarities, apart from breeding odds and price, was to help determine their acquisition type?
Stellori wrote on 2023-05-10 18:38:11:
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2023-05-10 13:53:52:
I feel like the price is relevant. I don't mind Nocturne scrolls being limited because they're fairly easy to obtain during NOTN, and even afterward they're cheap on the AH. Wildclaw scrolls, meanwhile, can be marked up by 200 gems when not in stock.

Yeah, this. Price is relevant, at least a little. The ease of getting Noc scrolls during NotN makes them very easily accessible and cheap during the rest of the year. They don't even hit 100g (or even 50g?) anymore, and WC scrolls can be marked up by more than that when they're not cycled in.

Thank you. Price is 100% relevant to the discussion. It's entirely the issue, when you think about it. The fact that no one complains about Nocs only being available 2 weeks out of the year is proof that price will influence how people feel about cycling breed changes. The price is relevant.

If WCs were a treasure breed, let's say Common (so a price anywhere from 250kt to 325kt), there'd probably be way less complaints, since treasure is so much easier to obtain. Some people would probably still dislike it, as 250kt isn't simple for a lot of players still, but a heck of a lot more players can afford 250kt vs 2kg. At a rate of 1:1000, 2kg is 2 million treasure. With how many posts I see of people joking about being poor, that's definitely no easy feat for most.

I still stand by that I don't like the one-sided cycling. Either the gem breeds should never cycle, or they should rotate their cycling. Making it one-sided when they're supposed to be the same rarity is really strange. I thought the whole point of the breed rarities, apart from breeding odds and price, was to help determine their acquisition type?
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
WC scroll is fine the way it is. They are always around the AH for almost the same price year round, leave it be, plain snd simple
WC scroll is fine the way it is. They are always around the AH for almost the same price year round, leave it be, plain snd simple
“I look inside myself and see my heart is black
[quote name="WurldPeaz" date="2023-05-11 01:12:44" ] WC scroll is fine the way it is. They are always around the AH for almost the same price year round, leave it be, plain snd simple [/quote] I'm not convinced that a 10% markup is 'almost the same price'. I've occasionally profited from that markup, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable profiting from what feels like an artificial scarcity. And as a Nature player, it is a bit annoying that our only breed is not only a gem breed but almost never available!
WurldPeaz wrote on 2023-05-11 01:12:44:

I'm not convinced that a 10% markup is 'almost the same price'.

I've occasionally profited from that markup, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable profiting from what feels like an artificial scarcity. And as a Nature player, it is a bit annoying that our only breed is not only a gem breed but almost never available!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
[quote name="VandaMaksimova" date="2023-05-11 02:26:39" ] On the nature of flight specific breeds, none of the breeds are fairly priced or fairly available if you think about it. Let's not make this "because nature" alright? That leads to bias. [/quote] This isn't 'because Nature'. If, say, Lightning's only breed were a cycling gem breed, then it would be just as unfair. The situation is a lot better now than it used to be - there was a time when the scrolls were only available for a few days at random intervals, roughly once a year - but it's still not great. That isn't 'leading to bias'. It's drawing attention to a bias that currently exists in the game. Of course, if the introduce a Nature ancient that's continually available, that will address that issue.
VandaMaksimova wrote on 2023-05-11 02:26:39:
On the nature of flight specific breeds, none of the breeds are fairly priced or fairly available if you think about it. Let's not make this "because nature" alright? That leads to bias.

This isn't 'because Nature'. If, say, Lightning's only breed were a cycling gem breed, then it would be just as unfair. The situation is a lot better now than it used to be - there was a time when the scrolls were only available for a few days at random intervals, roughly once a year - but it's still not great.

That isn't 'leading to bias'. It's drawing attention to a bias that currently exists in the game.

Of course, if the introduce a Nature ancient that's continually available, that will address that issue.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8