Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No Prophecy Can Save You (1x1 Avanari)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Vasilis sighed in relief when Asher told him not to worry about upsetting anyone. He chuckled a bit as he pat his head before throwing his arms around the other boy, a big grin on his face. "Yay!" he cheered. He let him go not too long after he initiated the sudden hug, taking a step back.

"So after we all pick, we can get going, right?" he asked politely. However, he didn't wait for an answer before turning and racing for one of the empty rooms, laughing the entire time. Once he was out of sight, Angelina shook her head and smiled. "Good ol' Sunshine," she quipped jokingly.

She looked over at Asher. "Should we go over the plan when we're almost there? I think it'd be a good idea to give everyone a refresher just in case... though, it's not that complex overall," she suggested.

She remembered Seth briefly explaining what he and Chiron came up with; he, Vasilis and Karmela would go negotiate with Blackbeard while everyone else stayed on the ship. That way, if the pirates tried to double-cross them, they would be ready for it. If things went wrong - and they probably would - Vasilis would send a light signal up into the sky to warn the others and they would lift off before the pirates could reach them.

Angelina had been concerned about potentially leaving them on the ground, but Seth reassured her that it would be fine. He could levitate, after all. She had doubts about whether or not he could carry two people at once, but she also had a small feeling that there was another part of the plan she didn't know about. Besides, he didn't say anything about them staying on the ship the entire time.

Hopefully it would all work out in the end.

Rio wondered what Nevaeh was planning on putting in her room. Whatever it was, he would likely adore it. He thought her the type to enjoy a nice cozy room, simple and effective. He could imagine them visiting each others' rooms; perhaps they may even help each other out with their rooms. Either way, he was very excited. It made him forget about the future danger they were going to be in.

"Um, I might also put something in reference to a thing you like too, if you'd like that," he said, smiling bashfully. "I don't want to assume you like spooky stuff just because your father is Hades... do you like horror? I like quite a few horror movies myself! Or I could put something in my room that fits with anything else you like! Doesn't have to be horror-themed. I don't mind. When I wake up and I see that certain thing, I'll be reminded of you, and then I'll want to see you, and..."

His face reddened further. By my father's magnificent beard, did I just say all of that??

"O-oh, I'm sorry! I rambled again..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry if that sounded confusing... or anything..."

Seth purred quietly as Karmela rubbed his shoulder, smiling at her and leaning his head on her shoulder once more. "Thank you..." he murmured. He couldn't have been happier nor more comfortable. In fact, he was tempted to fall asleep in her embrace, but as much as he loved the idea, he needed to stay awake. He could potentially do that when they got the charms from the pirates, assuming Karmela would let him.

He perked up when she mentioned their rooms. He chuckled lightheartedly as she explained how she was going to have fun decorating hers. It was great that they all had a room to themselves. It'd been a while since he had one, and when he did...

He stopped the negative thoughts right in their tracks and instead began thinking about what he would do. Drowsiness was attempting to block his mind. Curse me for being so dumb, he scolded himself.

"Uh... pillows..." he whispered, grinning. "Blankets... soft stuff... oh, a cupcake pillow! That sounds nice. I wanna make a comfy room. Maybe I'll throw some video game related stuff in there. Mainly a bunch of pillows to hug... what if we had a pillow fight in my room? Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at it... it'd be fun..."
Vasilis sighed in relief when Asher told him not to worry about upsetting anyone. He chuckled a bit as he pat his head before throwing his arms around the other boy, a big grin on his face. "Yay!" he cheered. He let him go not too long after he initiated the sudden hug, taking a step back.

"So after we all pick, we can get going, right?" he asked politely. However, he didn't wait for an answer before turning and racing for one of the empty rooms, laughing the entire time. Once he was out of sight, Angelina shook her head and smiled. "Good ol' Sunshine," she quipped jokingly.

She looked over at Asher. "Should we go over the plan when we're almost there? I think it'd be a good idea to give everyone a refresher just in case... though, it's not that complex overall," she suggested.

She remembered Seth briefly explaining what he and Chiron came up with; he, Vasilis and Karmela would go negotiate with Blackbeard while everyone else stayed on the ship. That way, if the pirates tried to double-cross them, they would be ready for it. If things went wrong - and they probably would - Vasilis would send a light signal up into the sky to warn the others and they would lift off before the pirates could reach them.

Angelina had been concerned about potentially leaving them on the ground, but Seth reassured her that it would be fine. He could levitate, after all. She had doubts about whether or not he could carry two people at once, but she also had a small feeling that there was another part of the plan she didn't know about. Besides, he didn't say anything about them staying on the ship the entire time.

Hopefully it would all work out in the end.

Rio wondered what Nevaeh was planning on putting in her room. Whatever it was, he would likely adore it. He thought her the type to enjoy a nice cozy room, simple and effective. He could imagine them visiting each others' rooms; perhaps they may even help each other out with their rooms. Either way, he was very excited. It made him forget about the future danger they were going to be in.

"Um, I might also put something in reference to a thing you like too, if you'd like that," he said, smiling bashfully. "I don't want to assume you like spooky stuff just because your father is Hades... do you like horror? I like quite a few horror movies myself! Or I could put something in my room that fits with anything else you like! Doesn't have to be horror-themed. I don't mind. When I wake up and I see that certain thing, I'll be reminded of you, and then I'll want to see you, and..."

His face reddened further. By my father's magnificent beard, did I just say all of that??

"O-oh, I'm sorry! I rambled again..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry if that sounded confusing... or anything..."

Seth purred quietly as Karmela rubbed his shoulder, smiling at her and leaning his head on her shoulder once more. "Thank you..." he murmured. He couldn't have been happier nor more comfortable. In fact, he was tempted to fall asleep in her embrace, but as much as he loved the idea, he needed to stay awake. He could potentially do that when they got the charms from the pirates, assuming Karmela would let him.

He perked up when she mentioned their rooms. He chuckled lightheartedly as she explained how she was going to have fun decorating hers. It was great that they all had a room to themselves. It'd been a while since he had one, and when he did...

He stopped the negative thoughts right in their tracks and instead began thinking about what he would do. Drowsiness was attempting to block his mind. Curse me for being so dumb, he scolded himself.

"Uh... pillows..." he whispered, grinning. "Blankets... soft stuff... oh, a cupcake pillow! That sounds nice. I wanna make a comfy room. Maybe I'll throw some video game related stuff in there. Mainly a bunch of pillows to hug... what if we had a pillow fight in my room? Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at it... it'd be fun..."
xk7ymDQ.png
Asher chuckled as Vasilis ran off before turning his attention to Angelina. “Yeah, once everyone gets settled we can be on our way. Once we get a good way out in the ocean towards Circe's Island we can go over the plan again and once more before moving into shore as a refresher.”

Did he feel comfortable sending the youngest members of the group in to deal with pirates alone? Not at all. He’s the oldest here. He feels like he should be going with them. That he should be protecting them. He sighs. Now is not the time to be thinking about that. They still have time to potentially reevaluate and rework the plan.

Asher shakes his head quickly before throwing an arm around Angelina’s shoulders with a smile. “Shall we get you a room my Angel? Best to get settled quickly. We have a long road ahead of us and so little time.”

~~~

Neveah listened to Rio’s rambling patiently, flushing red in the face as he talked about wanting something in his room to remind him of her. “I-I mean I’d be right across the hall besides I don’t really know what would…” she trailed off. Her eyes go wide and a hand went to her chest. Her hand gripped at an item tucked beneath her shirt for a moment before hurriedly turning and digging through her bag in search of something.

A few moments pass of her mumbling incoherently to herself as she rummages through her bag before her hand finds what she was looking for. Grinning in triumph she produces a thin leather cord from her bag. “This could work, right?” Nevaeh holds her hand out to Rio. From the dark leather cord dangles a small crystal pendant. The crystal seems to have a soft lavender to green-blue translucent color. She smiled proudly at him.

“I almost forgot I carried this on me. I mean it’s probably not the best thing to leave laying around but it is something. You could wear it if you want to, you don’t even need to accept it but,” she reaches up with her other hand and pulls out a leather cord from under the collar of her shirt, “I wear one.”

The crystal pendant on her necklace is a little bigger than the one she’s offering to Rio and the color of the crystal is more saturated. From the top of the pendant to the bottom is a beautiful purplish to light green gradient and it’s wrapped in a copper wire in the design of a tree on the front couple facets of the stone.

“It’s a lucky rock you could say. My mom gave mine to me when I was 11, she said it was a gift from my dad to her years ago.” Nevaeh looked down at her crystal with a soft smile, “I wear it everyday.” It takes her a moment before looking up at Rio once more blushing again.

What in Hades, Nev?! Gods help me!

She clears her throat awkwardly, “um, anyway…” Nevaeh gestures nervously with the leather cord in her hand with the lavender and blue crystal, “d-do you want it?”

~~~

Karmela couldn’t help the grin on her face as Seth obviously perked up at the talk of decorating their rooms. Looks like her change of topic was a success! She gave herself a mental high-five as she happily listened to Seth talk of all the blankets and pillows that would fill his room.

“Sounds comfy that’s for sure,” she laughs. A curious brow quirked, however, at the son of Hypnos’ claim to being good at pillow fights. “That a challenge, Sleepy?” She crosses her arms over her chest, “ ‘Cause I’m sure I could take you on.” A teasing smirk plays on her lip. She does love a challenge and she’s sure a couple other members of their group would as well.

“How ‘bout one of these nights we get everyone together in the big living/dining/planning room for a slumber party.” Karmela’s smirk grows into an excited smile.

“Pj’s, snacks, truth or dare, pillow fights and pillow forts. Ya know, the works, and have a light hearted boding time. Good for group morale and we can see just who’s the best pillow fighter.”

Was this an excuse for her to have a slumber party? Maybe. She’s heard so many kids talk about them but she’s never had anyone invite her to one. A normal one anyway. Part of her felt a little left out but with this group of weirdos maybe she could finally experience some sense of teenage normality. Maybe it’s a little selfish but, honestly, this whole group could probably use a stupid night to just be teens.
Asher chuckled as Vasilis ran off before turning his attention to Angelina. “Yeah, once everyone gets settled we can be on our way. Once we get a good way out in the ocean towards Circe's Island we can go over the plan again and once more before moving into shore as a refresher.”

Did he feel comfortable sending the youngest members of the group in to deal with pirates alone? Not at all. He’s the oldest here. He feels like he should be going with them. That he should be protecting them. He sighs. Now is not the time to be thinking about that. They still have time to potentially reevaluate and rework the plan.

Asher shakes his head quickly before throwing an arm around Angelina’s shoulders with a smile. “Shall we get you a room my Angel? Best to get settled quickly. We have a long road ahead of us and so little time.”

~~~

Neveah listened to Rio’s rambling patiently, flushing red in the face as he talked about wanting something in his room to remind him of her. “I-I mean I’d be right across the hall besides I don’t really know what would…” she trailed off. Her eyes go wide and a hand went to her chest. Her hand gripped at an item tucked beneath her shirt for a moment before hurriedly turning and digging through her bag in search of something.

A few moments pass of her mumbling incoherently to herself as she rummages through her bag before her hand finds what she was looking for. Grinning in triumph she produces a thin leather cord from her bag. “This could work, right?” Nevaeh holds her hand out to Rio. From the dark leather cord dangles a small crystal pendant. The crystal seems to have a soft lavender to green-blue translucent color. She smiled proudly at him.

“I almost forgot I carried this on me. I mean it’s probably not the best thing to leave laying around but it is something. You could wear it if you want to, you don’t even need to accept it but,” she reaches up with her other hand and pulls out a leather cord from under the collar of her shirt, “I wear one.”

The crystal pendant on her necklace is a little bigger than the one she’s offering to Rio and the color of the crystal is more saturated. From the top of the pendant to the bottom is a beautiful purplish to light green gradient and it’s wrapped in a copper wire in the design of a tree on the front couple facets of the stone.

“It’s a lucky rock you could say. My mom gave mine to me when I was 11, she said it was a gift from my dad to her years ago.” Nevaeh looked down at her crystal with a soft smile, “I wear it everyday.” It takes her a moment before looking up at Rio once more blushing again.

What in Hades, Nev?! Gods help me!

She clears her throat awkwardly, “um, anyway…” Nevaeh gestures nervously with the leather cord in her hand with the lavender and blue crystal, “d-do you want it?”

~~~

Karmela couldn’t help the grin on her face as Seth obviously perked up at the talk of decorating their rooms. Looks like her change of topic was a success! She gave herself a mental high-five as she happily listened to Seth talk of all the blankets and pillows that would fill his room.

“Sounds comfy that’s for sure,” she laughs. A curious brow quirked, however, at the son of Hypnos’ claim to being good at pillow fights. “That a challenge, Sleepy?” She crosses her arms over her chest, “ ‘Cause I’m sure I could take you on.” A teasing smirk plays on her lip. She does love a challenge and she’s sure a couple other members of their group would as well.

“How ‘bout one of these nights we get everyone together in the big living/dining/planning room for a slumber party.” Karmela’s smirk grows into an excited smile.

“Pj’s, snacks, truth or dare, pillow fights and pillow forts. Ya know, the works, and have a light hearted boding time. Good for group morale and we can see just who’s the best pillow fighter.”

Was this an excuse for her to have a slumber party? Maybe. She’s heard so many kids talk about them but she’s never had anyone invite her to one. A normal one anyway. Part of her felt a little left out but with this group of weirdos maybe she could finally experience some sense of teenage normality. Maybe it’s a little selfish but, honestly, this whole group could probably use a stupid night to just be teens.
Angelina nodded. That sounded good to her. She was glad Asher agreed with her suggestion to go over the plan again. She had a feeling they would be making a few changes, however small. She was only now realizing that the ones who were actually going to be doing the negotiating happened to be the youngest members of the group.

She tried convincing herself to stop thinking about it, but she couldn't help it. Vasilis would obviously serve the role of peacemaker, attempting to win the pirates over with kindness. Seth was generally cool-headed, so he wouldn't easily lose his temper if negotiations began to break down. She also vaguely recalled him saying Blackbeard requested his presence at the very least, so he didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. Judging by her impression of Karmela, she seemed like she would be good at haggling.

In a way, she understood why the three of them would be chosen to interact with the pirates. Would it hurt for one of the older ones to accompany them? Maybe. Maybe not. Asher would probably be the most worried about this. The pirates couldn't possibly be the thing to end their journey, though. She was confident they would be able to get what they came for. They had to.

She grinned back at him when he suggested getting her a room. "I couldn't agree more," she replied. She thought about bringing up the plan dilemma, but she held back. They needed to save it for later.

"Lead the way, Captain Asher. I'm certain you know which room I want." She winked a bit and chuckled.

Rio was distracted from his embarrassment when Neveah began digging through her bag for something. He clasped his hands behind his back, a curious expression on his face. As soon as she brought out the crystalline necklace, his eyes widened and were filled with wonder. He even gasped a little. It looked like a very special object.

He was about to ask if she was sure about giving it to him, but then he saw she had one as well. He found himself staring at the necklace she wore, studying every detail of it. He listened patiently to her explanation, wondering how he didn't notice her wearing a necklace until this point. It seemed very special to her, and it looked especially beautiful on her. The idea of having a necklace similar to hers gave him a heartwarming feeling.

He met Nev's gaze. His cheeks were now a light shade of pink instead of red, and his smile was nothing but sincere and excited. "Really? For me?? I'd be honored!" he exclaimed. He glanced down at the lavender and blue crystal necklace in her hands before gingerly accepting it from her. "This is so beautiful... I love it! It reminds me of the sea, too! You are so nice and awesome, Nev! Thank you!"

He was beaming at her, already trying the necklace on. Once he was wearing it, he took a moment to admire it before a slightly shy expression formed on his face. "How do I look?" he asked. He then put on a charming grin. "Dashing? Handsome, perhaps? Adorable? You be the judge. I personally love it, and I'm going to wear it every day."

Seth grinned. "Oh?" He lifted his head from Karmela's shoulder and leaned back to look at her. "Well, consider yourself challenged. I'm considering going easy on you... but I don't think you'd like that."

He grew excited at the prospect of a slumber party. His otherwise tired eyes lit up, his expression brightening. "That sounds like fun! I've never been to a slumber party... or, at least, never been invited to one. Even when Quinn was takin' care of me, I was still pretty reclusive. I would love to have one with everyone here. I could probably make a good pillow fort. Maybe..."

The boy was feeling a whole lot better now, not to mention more awake. This was exactly what he needed. All he needed to do was keep talking. That kind of distraction would definitely keep him awake. Especially if it was Karmela he was talking to. He could listen to her talk for hours, and he would still be interested.

"I know one thing; cupcakes have got to be there," he commented, chuckling. "Pink frosting is definitely a bonus, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'll be grateful for any cupcakes. We're gonna make this the best sleepover ever, I'm sure of it. I'm gonna need to scope the others out in terms of their pillow fighting skills. Best to be prepared, after all. Don't you agree?"
Angelina nodded. That sounded good to her. She was glad Asher agreed with her suggestion to go over the plan again. She had a feeling they would be making a few changes, however small. She was only now realizing that the ones who were actually going to be doing the negotiating happened to be the youngest members of the group.

She tried convincing herself to stop thinking about it, but she couldn't help it. Vasilis would obviously serve the role of peacemaker, attempting to win the pirates over with kindness. Seth was generally cool-headed, so he wouldn't easily lose his temper if negotiations began to break down. She also vaguely recalled him saying Blackbeard requested his presence at the very least, so he didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. Judging by her impression of Karmela, she seemed like she would be good at haggling.

In a way, she understood why the three of them would be chosen to interact with the pirates. Would it hurt for one of the older ones to accompany them? Maybe. Maybe not. Asher would probably be the most worried about this. The pirates couldn't possibly be the thing to end their journey, though. She was confident they would be able to get what they came for. They had to.

She grinned back at him when he suggested getting her a room. "I couldn't agree more," she replied. She thought about bringing up the plan dilemma, but she held back. They needed to save it for later.

"Lead the way, Captain Asher. I'm certain you know which room I want." She winked a bit and chuckled.

Rio was distracted from his embarrassment when Neveah began digging through her bag for something. He clasped his hands behind his back, a curious expression on his face. As soon as she brought out the crystalline necklace, his eyes widened and were filled with wonder. He even gasped a little. It looked like a very special object.

He was about to ask if she was sure about giving it to him, but then he saw she had one as well. He found himself staring at the necklace she wore, studying every detail of it. He listened patiently to her explanation, wondering how he didn't notice her wearing a necklace until this point. It seemed very special to her, and it looked especially beautiful on her. The idea of having a necklace similar to hers gave him a heartwarming feeling.

He met Nev's gaze. His cheeks were now a light shade of pink instead of red, and his smile was nothing but sincere and excited. "Really? For me?? I'd be honored!" he exclaimed. He glanced down at the lavender and blue crystal necklace in her hands before gingerly accepting it from her. "This is so beautiful... I love it! It reminds me of the sea, too! You are so nice and awesome, Nev! Thank you!"

He was beaming at her, already trying the necklace on. Once he was wearing it, he took a moment to admire it before a slightly shy expression formed on his face. "How do I look?" he asked. He then put on a charming grin. "Dashing? Handsome, perhaps? Adorable? You be the judge. I personally love it, and I'm going to wear it every day."

Seth grinned. "Oh?" He lifted his head from Karmela's shoulder and leaned back to look at her. "Well, consider yourself challenged. I'm considering going easy on you... but I don't think you'd like that."

He grew excited at the prospect of a slumber party. His otherwise tired eyes lit up, his expression brightening. "That sounds like fun! I've never been to a slumber party... or, at least, never been invited to one. Even when Quinn was takin' care of me, I was still pretty reclusive. I would love to have one with everyone here. I could probably make a good pillow fort. Maybe..."

The boy was feeling a whole lot better now, not to mention more awake. This was exactly what he needed. All he needed to do was keep talking. That kind of distraction would definitely keep him awake. Especially if it was Karmela he was talking to. He could listen to her talk for hours, and he would still be interested.

"I know one thing; cupcakes have got to be there," he commented, chuckling. "Pink frosting is definitely a bonus, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'll be grateful for any cupcakes. We're gonna make this the best sleepover ever, I'm sure of it. I'm gonna need to scope the others out in terms of their pillow fighting skills. Best to be prepared, after all. Don't you agree?"
xk7ymDQ.png
Time skip: Halfway to Circe’s Island

~~~

Was Asher up before the sun? No. Did he even go to sleep? Probably not. He was at his desk, sketches and small gears strewn about, tinkering away on his little project. It would be almost done by now if he hadn’t taken it apart three times already and started over. It just wasn’t good enough. Not quite yet.

He dropped his tools and little project onto his desk and sat back in his chair with a sigh. He ran a hand through his hair causing it to stick up funny in a couple places. He’d try again with it later. At this point Flames jumped up onto the desk and sat down next to the item Asher was working on. The little metal dragon looked down at it, then up at Asher, and cocked his head at him curiously. “Don’t look at me like that,” he sighed again, “I’m trying alright.”

The little dragon whirred you at him before promptly climbing into Asher’s lap and curling up against him. The son of Hephaestus couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at Flame’s behavior as he absentmindedly stroked his back. His eyes fell back to his little trinket, his project, on his desk. His brows knit together, eyes narrowed a bit in thought. Maybe he was putting too much pressure on himself over this. The first version was great, why didn’t he just stick with it? Why stress himself out over it? A moment passes in silence. He already knew the answer. Because she deserves it.

Asher felt a low rumble from the maintenance room, heard a small click, then the gentle ringing of a bell carries down the hall. The meal bell. A rather soft higher toned bell that rings a couple times, pauses for a moment, then repeats. Gently he scooped Flames up and back into his desk, the light in the dragon's eyes having dimmed slightly, trying not to disturb him while the little guy slept. He stood, stretched a bit and rubbed out the kink in his neck, looking down at himself a moment debating if he should get dressed yet or not. Deciding his grey sweatpants and dark red tank top worked, he grabbed a hair tie from the small pile on his dresser to quickly pull the mess of curls out of his face and headed to breakfast. ((Basically the Eren Jaeger hairstyle))

~~~

Nevaeh has had a hard time going to sleep since they got over the open ocean. She was waiting for a tsunami to swallow them up or lightning to blast them out of the sky. This was not her place and she felt it in the pit of her stomach. But she got at least 4 hours a night in spite of it.

She was sitting on her bed, curled up with her blanket, reading with Felan sitting on the floor next to her with his head in her lap. She’s been up for about an hour and just didn’t feel like getting out of bed just yet. Absentmindedly she twirled her crystal necklace in her fingers as she read. She’s been almost done with this book for a while, her dyslexia causing her to read slower than she would like, but she’s finally made it to the last chapter.

It was then when the meal bell decided to ring. Nevaeh marked her place quickly and slid out of her bed. She pulled her sock up, as it had fallen to bunch up at her ankle, and scooped her book under her arm to finish reading over breakfast.

~~~

It was the jarring moment of pain in her elbow followed by the uncomfortable tingling sensation through her arm that woke Karmela up. When she startled awake she found herself on the floor by her bed with a pillow and her blankets pulled half off with her. She sat up and rubbed her arm. “Okay, ow…”

After struggling to her feet Karmela haphazardly throws her blankets and pillow back onto her bed as the meal bell rings. With a groan she flips face first back onto her bed. She lays there as she hears some doors open and shut, some muffled voices and footsteps head past her room into the large living/meeting space at the end of the hall.

She lays there a minute before deciding food is important and rolls back out of bed. Running a brush through her tangled hair quickly then flipping the hood of her Pikachu kigurumi up she sluggishly makes her way out of her room.

“Seth,” she calls as she knocks on his door a couple times, “c’mon it’s time for breakfast!” She steps back and tries to rub the sleep from her eyes as she waits for the son of Hypnos to come out so they could wander into breakfast together.

~~~

((And we’re back baby!))
Time skip: Halfway to Circe’s Island

~~~

Was Asher up before the sun? No. Did he even go to sleep? Probably not. He was at his desk, sketches and small gears strewn about, tinkering away on his little project. It would be almost done by now if he hadn’t taken it apart three times already and started over. It just wasn’t good enough. Not quite yet.

He dropped his tools and little project onto his desk and sat back in his chair with a sigh. He ran a hand through his hair causing it to stick up funny in a couple places. He’d try again with it later. At this point Flames jumped up onto the desk and sat down next to the item Asher was working on. The little metal dragon looked down at it, then up at Asher, and cocked his head at him curiously. “Don’t look at me like that,” he sighed again, “I’m trying alright.”

The little dragon whirred you at him before promptly climbing into Asher’s lap and curling up against him. The son of Hephaestus couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at Flame’s behavior as he absentmindedly stroked his back. His eyes fell back to his little trinket, his project, on his desk. His brows knit together, eyes narrowed a bit in thought. Maybe he was putting too much pressure on himself over this. The first version was great, why didn’t he just stick with it? Why stress himself out over it? A moment passes in silence. He already knew the answer. Because she deserves it.

Asher felt a low rumble from the maintenance room, heard a small click, then the gentle ringing of a bell carries down the hall. The meal bell. A rather soft higher toned bell that rings a couple times, pauses for a moment, then repeats. Gently he scooped Flames up and back into his desk, the light in the dragon's eyes having dimmed slightly, trying not to disturb him while the little guy slept. He stood, stretched a bit and rubbed out the kink in his neck, looking down at himself a moment debating if he should get dressed yet or not. Deciding his grey sweatpants and dark red tank top worked, he grabbed a hair tie from the small pile on his dresser to quickly pull the mess of curls out of his face and headed to breakfast. ((Basically the Eren Jaeger hairstyle))

~~~

Nevaeh has had a hard time going to sleep since they got over the open ocean. She was waiting for a tsunami to swallow them up or lightning to blast them out of the sky. This was not her place and she felt it in the pit of her stomach. But she got at least 4 hours a night in spite of it.

She was sitting on her bed, curled up with her blanket, reading with Felan sitting on the floor next to her with his head in her lap. She’s been up for about an hour and just didn’t feel like getting out of bed just yet. Absentmindedly she twirled her crystal necklace in her fingers as she read. She’s been almost done with this book for a while, her dyslexia causing her to read slower than she would like, but she’s finally made it to the last chapter.

It was then when the meal bell decided to ring. Nevaeh marked her place quickly and slid out of her bed. She pulled her sock up, as it had fallen to bunch up at her ankle, and scooped her book under her arm to finish reading over breakfast.

~~~

It was the jarring moment of pain in her elbow followed by the uncomfortable tingling sensation through her arm that woke Karmela up. When she startled awake she found herself on the floor by her bed with a pillow and her blankets pulled half off with her. She sat up and rubbed her arm. “Okay, ow…”

After struggling to her feet Karmela haphazardly throws her blankets and pillow back onto her bed as the meal bell rings. With a groan she flips face first back onto her bed. She lays there as she hears some doors open and shut, some muffled voices and footsteps head past her room into the large living/meeting space at the end of the hall.

She lays there a minute before deciding food is important and rolls back out of bed. Running a brush through her tangled hair quickly then flipping the hood of her Pikachu kigurumi up she sluggishly makes her way out of her room.

“Seth,” she calls as she knocks on his door a couple times, “c’mon it’s time for breakfast!” She steps back and tries to rub the sleep from her eyes as she waits for the son of Hypnos to come out so they could wander into breakfast together.

~~~

((And we’re back baby!))
Angelina narrowed her eye at the sketchbook in her lap. The hand holding the pencil went still as she attempted to measure the amount of disappointment she felt when viewing her messy drawing. She wasn't nearly tired enough to fall asleep, so she focused on doing something else instead.

Too bad it wasn't going so well.

It was supposed to be an image of twin daggers. Why did she choose weapons to draw instead of literally anything else? She liked knives, it was as simple as that, and yet she couldn't properly draw them to save her life.

As a matter of fact, she could barely draw anything to save her life. It wasn't impossible, but it was a struggle for her. She blinked at her mess of a drawing, knowing fully well why she struggled. After all, it wouldn't be this hard if she had complete vision...

The daughter of Hermes sighed and closed the sketchbook. She wasn't making herself feel any better by continuing, so she decided to stop for now. She moved the closed sketchbook aside, leaning back and resting her head on the pillow. She stared at the ceiling and tried to clear her head, giving an amused huff.

Wow. Why I am getting this frustrated over a little drawing? I'm better than this. Amy would probably smack the s**t out of me if she were here.

When she heard the meal bell, she was relieved. She stood up and ran her hands through her hair, debating whether or not she should change. She was wearing a simple black t-shirt with a white lightning bolt symbol on the front, soft grey shorts, and striped socks. She stood there in thought for only a moment, shaking her head.

"Nah," she whispered. "This'll work."

With that, she put her sketchbook away and made her bed, arranging the black woven blanket and grey pillows neatly. Once she was satisfied, she exited her room and made her way to where the others would be eating breakfast. Upon seeing Asher, she snuck up behind him, wearing a mischievous grin.

"Boo," she whispered, tapping him on the shoulder at the same time.

Rio was curled up under the ocean blue covers of his bed, snoring softly. The distant sound of the ocean below them eased him into a gentle slumber. It wasn't until they were halfway to their destination that he stirred, left without a dream or a nightmare.

He moaned lightly and slowly opened his eyes. He had forgotten where he was at first, absentmindedly questioning why he wasn't sleeping in the Poseidon cabin. It took him a good few seconds to remember he was in his own room on the Argo III, and when he did, he scolded himself for being forgetful.

He held an arm to his chest, allowing his fingers to brush the pendant of the necklace Nev had given him. He had worn it to bed, and he wasn't planning on taking it off anytime soon. He looked at it, admiring how pretty the necklace was and smiling to himself.

He had awakened in time to hear the meal bell, spurring him from his half-asleep state. He slid out of his bed, wearing a Flygon onesie with fluffy green striped socks. He spun around, taking a look around his room. It was primarily ocean-themed, with an ocean light projector next to his bed, an ocean bedspread, and wall decor of marine life. His collection of seashells lined the top of his dresser, as well as a Rubik's cube.

He ran a comb through his hair, making sure it was nice and wavy. He stared at the white streak for a little longer than usual before shaking his head and opening the door. He closed it behind him as he shuffled down the hall and towards breakfast. He saw Nev and walked up next to her.

"Hey Nev!" he greeted, grinning at her and taking notice of the book she was carrying. "Whatcha reading?"

Seth floated lazily around his room, clutching a pillow to his chest. His bed looked very, very tempting. He knew he couldn't wait any longer, so why didn't he sleep?

Oh right. Him.

The boy had no protection from him outside of the camp; at least, not until those charms were recovered. It made him wonder, did Chiron want the group to go after the charms for everyone's safety, or was it for Seth specifically? After all, he was the most vulnerable to having his dreams invaded, and that was before mentioning their personal connection.

He hugged the pillow a little tighter. He really needed to stop thinking about that guy. The catch was, it was hard not to. He wasn't the God's only target this time; his friends were in danger now. They were his responsibility, and like hell he was going to let his immortal brother hurt them.

The more he thought about his group, the calmer his mind became. He eventually managed to tear Morpheus from his thoughts entirely, focusing on his fellow Demigods instead. The images of Karmela and Vasilis particularly brought a smile to his face.

That smile grew when he heard the meal bell. Food! That always made him feel better. Not only was nourishment essential, but it was also enjoyable.

He hummed as he performed a lazy 360 degree somersault in midair, dropping his pillow onto his inviting bed, which was decorated with even more pillows. There was a beanbag chair on the right side of the room, with folded blankets atop it. More pillows, blankets and other fluffy things filled the room. Across from his bed was a little cubby where he could store his non-fluffy things, such as his Nintendo DS and several DVDs. Next to the cubby was a portable TV with a DVD player connected to it.

Overall, he was proud of how he personalized his room.

Knocking sounded at his door, along with a familiar voice. He smiled before yawning quietly, swiftly snapping his jaws shut to quiet himself. He flipped the hood of his shiny Umbreon kigurumi over his head, unable to stop himself from giggling a bit as the ears flopped about.

He floated over to the door and opened it, knowing Karmela was on the other side of the door. "Hey Karma," he greeted calmly. "Thanks for fetchin' me-"

He stopped talking as soon as he noticed what she was wearing. His eyes widened and flashed gold at the sight. He gave Karmela an adorable smile as he took in her appearance.

"You have a Pokemon onesie too??" he gushed, suddenly more awake. "Oh my gosh, you look so cute as Pikachu!...I mean, you look cute in anything, but... you know what I mean, right...?"

Oh Gods, did I really just say that?!

He coughed into his fist, allowing some of the tiredness back in. Somehow, there was only a subtle blush dusting his cheeks. "Anyways, breakfast? Sounds good to me. Food is good."

Vasilis made sure his window allowed as much sunlight into his room as possible, basking in the warm glow. He spent his time spinning around and humming songs, keeping his positivity up while the ship grew closer to its destination.

He wondered what the island would be like. Karmela said pirates were unhygienic and hairy. He could see that, but he was still excited. Maybe they wouldn't be that bad? He could find a way to spread his cheer for him, he just knew he could. All he had to do was try his best.

"Gonna see some pirates, gonna save the world~" he sang, his voice happy and melodic. "No givin' up now, it's time our wings unfurled~ Set off into the skies, the blue heavens above~ There is simply nothing more that I love~!"

He twirled around and leapt onto his bed, giggling as he bounced up and down. He released a content sigh, turning his head to look out the window. It was so easy to forget the stakes of their quest. So easy to forget the threat they were facing. So easy to forget-

"It's breakfast!"

Thoughts cut off by the meal bell, he happily jumped out of bed and skipped to the door, dressed in an oversized white t-shirt with images of the sun on the front and back, orange sweatpants and light yellow slippers. He forgot to shut his door as he made his way down the hall.
Angelina narrowed her eye at the sketchbook in her lap. The hand holding the pencil went still as she attempted to measure the amount of disappointment she felt when viewing her messy drawing. She wasn't nearly tired enough to fall asleep, so she focused on doing something else instead.

Too bad it wasn't going so well.

It was supposed to be an image of twin daggers. Why did she choose weapons to draw instead of literally anything else? She liked knives, it was as simple as that, and yet she couldn't properly draw them to save her life.

As a matter of fact, she could barely draw anything to save her life. It wasn't impossible, but it was a struggle for her. She blinked at her mess of a drawing, knowing fully well why she struggled. After all, it wouldn't be this hard if she had complete vision...

The daughter of Hermes sighed and closed the sketchbook. She wasn't making herself feel any better by continuing, so she decided to stop for now. She moved the closed sketchbook aside, leaning back and resting her head on the pillow. She stared at the ceiling and tried to clear her head, giving an amused huff.

Wow. Why I am getting this frustrated over a little drawing? I'm better than this. Amy would probably smack the s**t out of me if she were here.

When she heard the meal bell, she was relieved. She stood up and ran her hands through her hair, debating whether or not she should change. She was wearing a simple black t-shirt with a white lightning bolt symbol on the front, soft grey shorts, and striped socks. She stood there in thought for only a moment, shaking her head.

"Nah," she whispered. "This'll work."

With that, she put her sketchbook away and made her bed, arranging the black woven blanket and grey pillows neatly. Once she was satisfied, she exited her room and made her way to where the others would be eating breakfast. Upon seeing Asher, she snuck up behind him, wearing a mischievous grin.

"Boo," she whispered, tapping him on the shoulder at the same time.

Rio was curled up under the ocean blue covers of his bed, snoring softly. The distant sound of the ocean below them eased him into a gentle slumber. It wasn't until they were halfway to their destination that he stirred, left without a dream or a nightmare.

He moaned lightly and slowly opened his eyes. He had forgotten where he was at first, absentmindedly questioning why he wasn't sleeping in the Poseidon cabin. It took him a good few seconds to remember he was in his own room on the Argo III, and when he did, he scolded himself for being forgetful.

He held an arm to his chest, allowing his fingers to brush the pendant of the necklace Nev had given him. He had worn it to bed, and he wasn't planning on taking it off anytime soon. He looked at it, admiring how pretty the necklace was and smiling to himself.

He had awakened in time to hear the meal bell, spurring him from his half-asleep state. He slid out of his bed, wearing a Flygon onesie with fluffy green striped socks. He spun around, taking a look around his room. It was primarily ocean-themed, with an ocean light projector next to his bed, an ocean bedspread, and wall decor of marine life. His collection of seashells lined the top of his dresser, as well as a Rubik's cube.

He ran a comb through his hair, making sure it was nice and wavy. He stared at the white streak for a little longer than usual before shaking his head and opening the door. He closed it behind him as he shuffled down the hall and towards breakfast. He saw Nev and walked up next to her.

"Hey Nev!" he greeted, grinning at her and taking notice of the book she was carrying. "Whatcha reading?"

Seth floated lazily around his room, clutching a pillow to his chest. His bed looked very, very tempting. He knew he couldn't wait any longer, so why didn't he sleep?

Oh right. Him.

The boy had no protection from him outside of the camp; at least, not until those charms were recovered. It made him wonder, did Chiron want the group to go after the charms for everyone's safety, or was it for Seth specifically? After all, he was the most vulnerable to having his dreams invaded, and that was before mentioning their personal connection.

He hugged the pillow a little tighter. He really needed to stop thinking about that guy. The catch was, it was hard not to. He wasn't the God's only target this time; his friends were in danger now. They were his responsibility, and like hell he was going to let his immortal brother hurt them.

The more he thought about his group, the calmer his mind became. He eventually managed to tear Morpheus from his thoughts entirely, focusing on his fellow Demigods instead. The images of Karmela and Vasilis particularly brought a smile to his face.

That smile grew when he heard the meal bell. Food! That always made him feel better. Not only was nourishment essential, but it was also enjoyable.

He hummed as he performed a lazy 360 degree somersault in midair, dropping his pillow onto his inviting bed, which was decorated with even more pillows. There was a beanbag chair on the right side of the room, with folded blankets atop it. More pillows, blankets and other fluffy things filled the room. Across from his bed was a little cubby where he could store his non-fluffy things, such as his Nintendo DS and several DVDs. Next to the cubby was a portable TV with a DVD player connected to it.

Overall, he was proud of how he personalized his room.

Knocking sounded at his door, along with a familiar voice. He smiled before yawning quietly, swiftly snapping his jaws shut to quiet himself. He flipped the hood of his shiny Umbreon kigurumi over his head, unable to stop himself from giggling a bit as the ears flopped about.

He floated over to the door and opened it, knowing Karmela was on the other side of the door. "Hey Karma," he greeted calmly. "Thanks for fetchin' me-"

He stopped talking as soon as he noticed what she was wearing. His eyes widened and flashed gold at the sight. He gave Karmela an adorable smile as he took in her appearance.

"You have a Pokemon onesie too??" he gushed, suddenly more awake. "Oh my gosh, you look so cute as Pikachu!...I mean, you look cute in anything, but... you know what I mean, right...?"

Oh Gods, did I really just say that?!

He coughed into his fist, allowing some of the tiredness back in. Somehow, there was only a subtle blush dusting his cheeks. "Anyways, breakfast? Sounds good to me. Food is good."

Vasilis made sure his window allowed as much sunlight into his room as possible, basking in the warm glow. He spent his time spinning around and humming songs, keeping his positivity up while the ship grew closer to its destination.

He wondered what the island would be like. Karmela said pirates were unhygienic and hairy. He could see that, but he was still excited. Maybe they wouldn't be that bad? He could find a way to spread his cheer for him, he just knew he could. All he had to do was try his best.

"Gonna see some pirates, gonna save the world~" he sang, his voice happy and melodic. "No givin' up now, it's time our wings unfurled~ Set off into the skies, the blue heavens above~ There is simply nothing more that I love~!"

He twirled around and leapt onto his bed, giggling as he bounced up and down. He released a content sigh, turning his head to look out the window. It was so easy to forget the stakes of their quest. So easy to forget the threat they were facing. So easy to forget-

"It's breakfast!"

Thoughts cut off by the meal bell, he happily jumped out of bed and skipped to the door, dressed in an oversized white t-shirt with images of the sun on the front and back, orange sweatpants and light yellow slippers. He forgot to shut his door as he made his way down the hall.
xk7ymDQ.png
((I FOUND IT!! HUZZAH!!!

Did I forget there would be some burn scars on full display since Asher is in a tank top? Yes. Yes I did. We’ll just have to rectify that by hitting us with the big sad… yes… the big sad.))

~~~

The quickest flicker of flame danced across Asher’s fingers as he spun around. “Gods, Angelina.” He ran a hand over his face before fixing the daughter of Hermes with an annoyed and worried look, “I could have smoked you!”

He shakes his hand out as the last bit of sparks die out at his fingertips before shoving them in the pockets of his sweats. Once the last of the adrenaline dies he flashes Angelina a smile. “Sorry, I’m just a little on edge. I didn’t mean to wheel on ya like that.”

Crossing his arms over his chest with a sigh, “just worried about hurting you. Fire isn't exactly the most pleasant.” Asher scratches at the marred skin on his bicep a couple times before purposely stopping himself and gently, nervously, rubbing his hand up and down his arm instead. Mostly healed burns trail up his arms and across his shoulders. It’s clear the sim of Hephaestus has suddenly become well aware of this fact.

Eager to change the focus to something else he clears his throat and fixes Angelina with his most charming smile. “Well, Angel. What are we in the mood to have for breakfast?” Tilting his head in false thought for a moment as a cheeky grin stretches across his face. “I’m thinking bacon!”

~~~

Startled from her own thoughts Nev’s head whips up from the pages of her book when Rio greets her. “Oh, good morning.” She blinks at him a moment, her gaze flicking between the boy before her and her book. Marking her place again quickly she wordlessly holds up the cover so he could see. “Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.” It’s an older book, the pages beginning to show their age, and obviously well loved.

She smiles softly at Rio. “It’s the first in a series with several spin offs for the characters. I’ve read through it a few times already but it’s a favorite for sure.”
Nevaeh shrugs, turning her gaze lovingly to the book in her hand, “I brought the whole series and my favorite mini spin off one as well. They’re… comforting…” she lets out a small chuckle, “if that makes any sense.” After a moment she brings her eyes back up to meet Rio’s gaze. As she does she quirks a brow at him curiously.

“Is that a Flygon kirigumi?”

~~~

The sarcastic and snarky remark Karmela planned on saying once the door to Seth’s room opened died on her lips as Seth started talking excitedly about her choice in pajamas. She chuckles, her face flushing slightly at the ‘cute’ comment. Karmela does a joking turn ending in a teasing bow causing the ears to flop forward as she does so. “Why thank you!”

Straightening up, “I’m loving the shiny Umbreon,” she reaches out and flops one of the ears around a little with a chuckle. She steps out of the door frame and gestures for Seth to follow with a cheeky smile. “Let’s get going, I’m craving some blueberry pancakes!”
((I FOUND IT!! HUZZAH!!!

Did I forget there would be some burn scars on full display since Asher is in a tank top? Yes. Yes I did. We’ll just have to rectify that by hitting us with the big sad… yes… the big sad.))

~~~

The quickest flicker of flame danced across Asher’s fingers as he spun around. “Gods, Angelina.” He ran a hand over his face before fixing the daughter of Hermes with an annoyed and worried look, “I could have smoked you!”

He shakes his hand out as the last bit of sparks die out at his fingertips before shoving them in the pockets of his sweats. Once the last of the adrenaline dies he flashes Angelina a smile. “Sorry, I’m just a little on edge. I didn’t mean to wheel on ya like that.”

Crossing his arms over his chest with a sigh, “just worried about hurting you. Fire isn't exactly the most pleasant.” Asher scratches at the marred skin on his bicep a couple times before purposely stopping himself and gently, nervously, rubbing his hand up and down his arm instead. Mostly healed burns trail up his arms and across his shoulders. It’s clear the sim of Hephaestus has suddenly become well aware of this fact.

Eager to change the focus to something else he clears his throat and fixes Angelina with his most charming smile. “Well, Angel. What are we in the mood to have for breakfast?” Tilting his head in false thought for a moment as a cheeky grin stretches across his face. “I’m thinking bacon!”

~~~

Startled from her own thoughts Nev’s head whips up from the pages of her book when Rio greets her. “Oh, good morning.” She blinks at him a moment, her gaze flicking between the boy before her and her book. Marking her place again quickly she wordlessly holds up the cover so he could see. “Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.” It’s an older book, the pages beginning to show their age, and obviously well loved.

She smiles softly at Rio. “It’s the first in a series with several spin offs for the characters. I’ve read through it a few times already but it’s a favorite for sure.”
Nevaeh shrugs, turning her gaze lovingly to the book in her hand, “I brought the whole series and my favorite mini spin off one as well. They’re… comforting…” she lets out a small chuckle, “if that makes any sense.” After a moment she brings her eyes back up to meet Rio’s gaze. As she does she quirks a brow at him curiously.

“Is that a Flygon kirigumi?”

~~~

The sarcastic and snarky remark Karmela planned on saying once the door to Seth’s room opened died on her lips as Seth started talking excitedly about her choice in pajamas. She chuckles, her face flushing slightly at the ‘cute’ comment. Karmela does a joking turn ending in a teasing bow causing the ears to flop forward as she does so. “Why thank you!”

Straightening up, “I’m loving the shiny Umbreon,” she reaches out and flops one of the ears around a little with a chuckle. She steps out of the door frame and gestures for Seth to follow with a cheeky smile. “Let’s get going, I’m craving some blueberry pancakes!”
((WOOO!! Oop, big sad-))

Angelina drew her hand back the moment she saw flames flicker to life. She hadn't meant for her little scare to actually scare Asher that badly. In fact, she was only now noticing the scars littering his shoulders and arms. She chewed the inside of her lip, the look on his face striking her as familiar. She didn't take it personally.

After all, she used to give those kinds of looks to people. It sent the message perfectly.

She lowered her arms, moving them to her sides. After a little bit, she moved her hands to her hips. Her grin was gone, replaced with an apologetic little smile instead. "I should be the one apologizing," she offered, glancing off to the side. "Sorry for spooking you. It's fine, really. I'll be more careful next time, okay?"

Just another example of her acting too fast. She really needed to slow down... it wouldn't hurt, would it? Sure, she hated it when she was younger, and slowing down would remind her of a specific period of time she didn't like thinking about, but-

Breakfast! Think about breakfast. Food is important.

Sure enough, her wide grin returned after being given a charming smile from Asher. Her cheeks turned pink without her recognizing it, as if the feeling was natural. She chuckled after he decided on what he wanted. Considering the scars on his shoulders, she successfully stopped herself from putting her arm around him in that moment.

"Bacon does sound delicious," she followed up, humming. "I'm not picky. I'll take anything as long as it's good. Though... I am starting to think of pancakes. I remember when I ate pancakes wrapped around bacon." She lifted a finger to her chin, a thoughtful look appearing on her face. "Or was it bacon around pancakes...?"

Rio would've leaned closer to peer over and look into the book if he was feeling nosy. He only wanted to know what book it was, and he ended up getting an answer. He tilted his head as he read the cover, the title of the book clicking with him. "Whoa..." he murmured. "Nice!"

He stayed silent so Nev could talk about it, listening to her with obvious interest. It made him wonder if she had the entire collection of books. Not only that, but he found himself wanting to know if the authors were writing more of them. Maybe the series was finished, maybe it wasn't. Either way, he enjoyed listening to Nev talk about something she clearly loved.

He didn't realize she had told him which books she had until a second later. Consider that question answered.

"I think it makes sense," he replied, a content smile on his face. "Books are like mini-portals to other worlds. That's how I see it, anyway. I remember when I would curl up in bed and read a book... and wake up with the book on my face..."

He chuckled sheepishly, poking his tongue out. The subject shifted when he was asked about his outfit. He blinked as he processed her correct guess as to what he was wearing. Or was it a guess? Did she know about-? Is she a fan? Does she like it??

"Yeah, it is! It was a special gift from mom. I know it's not water-themed - more desert-themed than anything - but I still think it's cute. You know, Flygon kinda reminds me of a dragonfly. I think dragonflies are cute in general. I like watching them zip all over the place. I've never had any land on me, and I rarely get to see them, but it's still nice. I should go to a lake or something... they live near lakes, right? They like bodies of water? I wouldn't splash them or anything, that wouldn't be good for them. Imagine just flying around and then you get hit with a glob of water... ouch."

This time, he didn't realize he had rambled, and he didn't offer up any sheepish apologies. He was simply enjoying himself. After a moment of silence, he decided to turn the subject back around. "So... do you think I'd like reading those books? The title's interesting, and you seem to really like it. Maybe I'll like it too, and then we can talk about it? I mean, if you wanna keep it private, that's totally fine! There's nothing wrong with that!"

He couldn't help but rub the back of his head, even with the hood resting over his hair. "I think, since you listen to me talk about stuff I like, I wanna hear about what you like... if you want to talk about anything... you get what I'm saying, right? Am I being confusing right now?"

Seth truthfully had little to no idea as to why he suddenly got so excited about Karmela's outfit. Maybe it was because he recognized what it was a reference to, or maybe it was just Karma herself. He watched as the ears of her kigurumi flopped, blinking a few times as she reached out towards him.

He looked up, following her hand all the way to the ears of his own kigurumi. He smirked and giggled as she flopped it around a little. Ask him what his favorite part of these outfits was, and he would say it had to be the 'ears'. They added character and made the kigurumis fun to wear. He needed some fun during this quest, as did everyone else.

He floated out the door as soon as she gestured for him to follow along. The door shut behind him by itself. He didn't think to bring anything with him at the moment. He knew he would have to change out of his outfit before they reached Circe's Island. He doubted he would be taken seriously in his usual grey hoodie and sweatpants, but he definitely wouldn't get any serious points with his current outfit.

Not like he cared. They were pirates.

"Ooh, blueberry pancakes," he hummed. "Cupcakes aren't breakfast food, so obviously can't have that. Unless...?"

He gave her a joking little grin, folding his arms in front of his chest. "Kidding! Mostly. I think I'll just have some pancakes. Maybe egg whites too. Water, not milk. Milk makes me sleepier... don't wanna fall asleep until after the island."

Seth then proceeded to rub his eyes, resisting the urge to yawn. He was doing okay right now. Surely, they would be at the island soon, right? Then he could go to sleep without having to worry about the obvious.

Vasilis ended up reaching the breakfast area first, having sprinted and skipped all the way down the hall. He had a mission, and that mission was to provide sunshine for all. He didn't know what his friends would talk about, but he hoped it would all go well nonetheless.

"Hehe, breakfast time! Pancakes, bacon, sizzling eggs!" He gasped excitedly, his eyes shining. "Waffles with whipped cream?? Oh, I can't wait for everyone to get here!"

He would give everyone a warm welcome once they showed up, waving his arms and spinning around in his bedtime slippers. It was amazing how he was able to stay so positive in the face of a mission to essentially save the world. It wasn't ignorance, that was for sure; he knew very well some of the obstacles that would be in their way. All he wanted to do was lift the mood for everyone's sake.
((WOOO!! Oop, big sad-))

Angelina drew her hand back the moment she saw flames flicker to life. She hadn't meant for her little scare to actually scare Asher that badly. In fact, she was only now noticing the scars littering his shoulders and arms. She chewed the inside of her lip, the look on his face striking her as familiar. She didn't take it personally.

After all, she used to give those kinds of looks to people. It sent the message perfectly.

She lowered her arms, moving them to her sides. After a little bit, she moved her hands to her hips. Her grin was gone, replaced with an apologetic little smile instead. "I should be the one apologizing," she offered, glancing off to the side. "Sorry for spooking you. It's fine, really. I'll be more careful next time, okay?"

Just another example of her acting too fast. She really needed to slow down... it wouldn't hurt, would it? Sure, she hated it when she was younger, and slowing down would remind her of a specific period of time she didn't like thinking about, but-

Breakfast! Think about breakfast. Food is important.

Sure enough, her wide grin returned after being given a charming smile from Asher. Her cheeks turned pink without her recognizing it, as if the feeling was natural. She chuckled after he decided on what he wanted. Considering the scars on his shoulders, she successfully stopped herself from putting her arm around him in that moment.

"Bacon does sound delicious," she followed up, humming. "I'm not picky. I'll take anything as long as it's good. Though... I am starting to think of pancakes. I remember when I ate pancakes wrapped around bacon." She lifted a finger to her chin, a thoughtful look appearing on her face. "Or was it bacon around pancakes...?"

Rio would've leaned closer to peer over and look into the book if he was feeling nosy. He only wanted to know what book it was, and he ended up getting an answer. He tilted his head as he read the cover, the title of the book clicking with him. "Whoa..." he murmured. "Nice!"

He stayed silent so Nev could talk about it, listening to her with obvious interest. It made him wonder if she had the entire collection of books. Not only that, but he found himself wanting to know if the authors were writing more of them. Maybe the series was finished, maybe it wasn't. Either way, he enjoyed listening to Nev talk about something she clearly loved.

He didn't realize she had told him which books she had until a second later. Consider that question answered.

"I think it makes sense," he replied, a content smile on his face. "Books are like mini-portals to other worlds. That's how I see it, anyway. I remember when I would curl up in bed and read a book... and wake up with the book on my face..."

He chuckled sheepishly, poking his tongue out. The subject shifted when he was asked about his outfit. He blinked as he processed her correct guess as to what he was wearing. Or was it a guess? Did she know about-? Is she a fan? Does she like it??

"Yeah, it is! It was a special gift from mom. I know it's not water-themed - more desert-themed than anything - but I still think it's cute. You know, Flygon kinda reminds me of a dragonfly. I think dragonflies are cute in general. I like watching them zip all over the place. I've never had any land on me, and I rarely get to see them, but it's still nice. I should go to a lake or something... they live near lakes, right? They like bodies of water? I wouldn't splash them or anything, that wouldn't be good for them. Imagine just flying around and then you get hit with a glob of water... ouch."

This time, he didn't realize he had rambled, and he didn't offer up any sheepish apologies. He was simply enjoying himself. After a moment of silence, he decided to turn the subject back around. "So... do you think I'd like reading those books? The title's interesting, and you seem to really like it. Maybe I'll like it too, and then we can talk about it? I mean, if you wanna keep it private, that's totally fine! There's nothing wrong with that!"

He couldn't help but rub the back of his head, even with the hood resting over his hair. "I think, since you listen to me talk about stuff I like, I wanna hear about what you like... if you want to talk about anything... you get what I'm saying, right? Am I being confusing right now?"

Seth truthfully had little to no idea as to why he suddenly got so excited about Karmela's outfit. Maybe it was because he recognized what it was a reference to, or maybe it was just Karma herself. He watched as the ears of her kigurumi flopped, blinking a few times as she reached out towards him.

He looked up, following her hand all the way to the ears of his own kigurumi. He smirked and giggled as she flopped it around a little. Ask him what his favorite part of these outfits was, and he would say it had to be the 'ears'. They added character and made the kigurumis fun to wear. He needed some fun during this quest, as did everyone else.

He floated out the door as soon as she gestured for him to follow along. The door shut behind him by itself. He didn't think to bring anything with him at the moment. He knew he would have to change out of his outfit before they reached Circe's Island. He doubted he would be taken seriously in his usual grey hoodie and sweatpants, but he definitely wouldn't get any serious points with his current outfit.

Not like he cared. They were pirates.

"Ooh, blueberry pancakes," he hummed. "Cupcakes aren't breakfast food, so obviously can't have that. Unless...?"

He gave her a joking little grin, folding his arms in front of his chest. "Kidding! Mostly. I think I'll just have some pancakes. Maybe egg whites too. Water, not milk. Milk makes me sleepier... don't wanna fall asleep until after the island."

Seth then proceeded to rub his eyes, resisting the urge to yawn. He was doing okay right now. Surely, they would be at the island soon, right? Then he could go to sleep without having to worry about the obvious.

Vasilis ended up reaching the breakfast area first, having sprinted and skipped all the way down the hall. He had a mission, and that mission was to provide sunshine for all. He didn't know what his friends would talk about, but he hoped it would all go well nonetheless.

"Hehe, breakfast time! Pancakes, bacon, sizzling eggs!" He gasped excitedly, his eyes shining. "Waffles with whipped cream?? Oh, I can't wait for everyone to get here!"

He would give everyone a warm welcome once they showed up, waving his arms and spinning around in his bedtime slippers. It was amazing how he was able to stay so positive in the face of a mission to essentially save the world. It wasn't ignorance, that was for sure; he knew very well some of the obstacles that would be in their way. All he wanted to do was lift the mood for everyone's sake.
xk7ymDQ.png
Asher chuckled lightly at Angelina’s antics. His shoulders relaxed and his grip on his arms loosened as they slipped back into their usual dynamic. “I remember many breakfasts on the go of bacon wrapped up in basic white bread like a sandwich since it was easy.” He drops his arms from his chest with a fond smile at the memory. “Bacon wrapped in pancakes sounds like an upgrade from that childhood favorite, I may just have to try that today.”

Tentatively the son of Hephaestus took a small step forward and reached a hand out to Angelina, “shall we get to it?” A soft smile graced his face, “plenty of pancakes and bacon to eat and so little time.”

~~~

Nevaeh’s eyes lit up, “exactly! They’re little windows into other worlds and it’s absolutely wonderful!” Escapism. That’s what it is but Nevaeh couldn’t care less about that fact. Watching other worlds and all these different stories play out is enjoyable for her. If it helps her ignore her own problems as well that’s just a bonus.

A small laugh escaped her lips as Rio rambled on excitedly about Flygon and dragonfly’s. It was cute. If her cheeks took on a pinker tint at the thought that was no one’s business but her own. She may have spaced out a bit, got lost watching Rio talk so animatedly but his question about her books brought her back.

“I mean maybe, they’re fantasy if that wasn’t obvious with dragons in the title,” Nev shrugged her gaze falling back to her book. “I tend to find fantasy more my speed since it’s magical and you don’t have to think about the logic of certain things like with science fiction sometimes. If it gets confusing you can chalk it up to being magic.” She looked up at him once more, dark stormy blue meeting deep sea green. Again, she was lost a moment before Rio spoke.

She cleared her throat quickly before speaking. “Well, looping back to earlier, if my Umbreon kirigumi is anything to go by I’d say I do like Pokémon a bit…” Nevaeh managed to keep her face pretty serious until the small smile grew on her face as her love of the franchise won out in the end.

~~~

“Yes blueberry pancakes!” Karmela exclaimed excitedly, “they’re like one of the best breakfast foods if they aren’t the absolute best and I’m pretty sure they are.” She giggled. It’s odd for Karmela to have any energy at all this soon after waking up, but a promise of good food can do that. The girl loves her pancakes.

“I’m looking forward to my pancakes and some damn coffee. I have a feeling I’m gonna need it.” Karmela rubbed at her eyes trying to blink the rest of the sleep out of them before stretching a little to get the stiffness out of her back. If the audible crack of her back followed by her content sigh/groan combo deal was any indicator, she got it out.

“I’d ask for a fly to breakfast but I’m pretty sure if I don’t walk myself I’d fall asleep again.” The excitement for blueberry pancakes and some coffee being a great incentive for getting her there at a reasonable time this morning. With one last rub at her eyes and a soft laugh she led Seth the short distance to breakfast.

~~~

((Adrius will return in a post or two. He’s gotta get to Circe’s Island but until then he’s probably just talking to himself or Syra being very bored and annoyed lol xD))
Asher chuckled lightly at Angelina’s antics. His shoulders relaxed and his grip on his arms loosened as they slipped back into their usual dynamic. “I remember many breakfasts on the go of bacon wrapped up in basic white bread like a sandwich since it was easy.” He drops his arms from his chest with a fond smile at the memory. “Bacon wrapped in pancakes sounds like an upgrade from that childhood favorite, I may just have to try that today.”

Tentatively the son of Hephaestus took a small step forward and reached a hand out to Angelina, “shall we get to it?” A soft smile graced his face, “plenty of pancakes and bacon to eat and so little time.”

~~~

Nevaeh’s eyes lit up, “exactly! They’re little windows into other worlds and it’s absolutely wonderful!” Escapism. That’s what it is but Nevaeh couldn’t care less about that fact. Watching other worlds and all these different stories play out is enjoyable for her. If it helps her ignore her own problems as well that’s just a bonus.

A small laugh escaped her lips as Rio rambled on excitedly about Flygon and dragonfly’s. It was cute. If her cheeks took on a pinker tint at the thought that was no one’s business but her own. She may have spaced out a bit, got lost watching Rio talk so animatedly but his question about her books brought her back.

“I mean maybe, they’re fantasy if that wasn’t obvious with dragons in the title,” Nev shrugged her gaze falling back to her book. “I tend to find fantasy more my speed since it’s magical and you don’t have to think about the logic of certain things like with science fiction sometimes. If it gets confusing you can chalk it up to being magic.” She looked up at him once more, dark stormy blue meeting deep sea green. Again, she was lost a moment before Rio spoke.

She cleared her throat quickly before speaking. “Well, looping back to earlier, if my Umbreon kirigumi is anything to go by I’d say I do like Pokémon a bit…” Nevaeh managed to keep her face pretty serious until the small smile grew on her face as her love of the franchise won out in the end.

~~~

“Yes blueberry pancakes!” Karmela exclaimed excitedly, “they’re like one of the best breakfast foods if they aren’t the absolute best and I’m pretty sure they are.” She giggled. It’s odd for Karmela to have any energy at all this soon after waking up, but a promise of good food can do that. The girl loves her pancakes.

“I’m looking forward to my pancakes and some damn coffee. I have a feeling I’m gonna need it.” Karmela rubbed at her eyes trying to blink the rest of the sleep out of them before stretching a little to get the stiffness out of her back. If the audible crack of her back followed by her content sigh/groan combo deal was any indicator, she got it out.

“I’d ask for a fly to breakfast but I’m pretty sure if I don’t walk myself I’d fall asleep again.” The excitement for blueberry pancakes and some coffee being a great incentive for getting her there at a reasonable time this morning. With one last rub at her eyes and a soft laugh she led Seth the short distance to breakfast.

~~~

((Adrius will return in a post or two. He’s gotta get to Circe’s Island but until then he’s probably just talking to himself or Syra being very bored and annoyed lol xD))
Angelina tilted her head at Asher as he described what it was like to eat bacon wrapped in white bread. Huh... white bread? It sounded like something a member of the gang she was formerly part of would do, yet she never saw anyone eat bacon like that. Instead, they liked to combine bacon and pancakes together. It was honestly her favorite part about waking up in the morning for the longest time.

"Really? You'll try it?" she asked, her healthy eye lighting up. Her smile was soft, matching Asher's smile. "That would be awesome. Y'know, if you'd like, I can try your childhood favorite. I'm pretty sure it won't be much different, and it'll still taste good."

She paused, looking down at Asher's extended hand. She chuckled lightheartedly before taking it. She almost reached up to mess with her goggles, only to realize she wasn't wearing any right now. Gods, she hoped Asher missed her little slip-up. She moved her hand back to her side quick enough for him to maybe not notice.

"We shall get going indeed."

Rio was relieved to know he wasn't being confusing. Instead of worrying about it any longer, he listened to Nev talk about the genre she preferred to indulge in. He himself love to escape through stories, and the fantasy genre was literally perfect for that. He loved science fiction too, but like Nev said, there were some questioning things in those stories at times. In fantasy, it could simply be considered 'just magic'. It wasn't like magic could be explained like scientific concepts could.

"I love me some fantasy stories. It makes me wonder what it would be like if I had different powers sometimes," he shared truthfully. "It's not just that, I can also kinda relate it to parts of me. The whole having powers thing is relatable, for sure. If I can throw some monsters down a literal water slide, I don't need an explanation. I still get curious, though... I have taken notes about myself before!"

He chuckled awkwardly, realizing he rambled again. Well, it was only a matter of time before he became aware of it again. He was grateful for the opportunity to latch onto the subject change Nev offered up. He let out a little gasp upon learning she had a Pokemon onesie of her own. The smile that eventually took shape on her face made it even better.

"Oh my gosh, I would love to see you wear it sometime!" he gushed, his ocean eyes brightening. "Wanna know something interesting? The Water-type isn't my favorite! It's actually the Dragon-type. Dark-type is up there too. So many cool designs... oh, that doesn't mean I don't like Water-types. I usually pick the Water starter, in every game I've played."

He paused in order to take a deep breath, just so he wouldn't get red-faced so easily. "Do you think any of the others like it? Imagine if someone else is wearing something Pokemon-related when get there. Someone should stop me from geeking out, if that happens."

While the last part sounded like a joke, he was secretly hoping Nev would be that person, should his guess turn out to be accurate. Little did he know...

Seth was a bit surprised by how excited Karmela got about blueberry pancakes. A very subtle pink blush dusted his cheeks, fading as quickly as it came. He couldn't help but keep smiling at her. She was pretty good at that. She could bring different smiles from him, besides the casual one he usually liked to wear. Well, she and Vasilis could do that. He wouldn't knock his childhood friend's capabilities.

"Didn't know you drank coffee," he commented, watching as she popped her back. He spent a few seconds wondering if he should try that before giving up on the thought altogether. "Now I know who gets to have my cup of coffee if anyone ever gives me one. I dunno what it is, but it's hard for me to drink coffee."

He could've given any number of reasons, like say, how bitter coffee tasted to him. However, he didn't feel as though he needed to. Either way, he would give his coffee to Karma any day of the week.

"If you change your mind at any point, just know I'm not opposed to flying you there," he replied, smirking at Karma. He wondered if he would have to fly her anywhere during the Circle's Island operation. He likely would, and maybe the safety of his friends would keep him wide awake. No, it would definitely keep him awake.

The entire time he floated with Karma, he was flexing his fingers, the pace sometimes changing from fast to slow and vice versa. It was movement meant to keep him focused and awake.

When everyone got to the breakfast room, they would see Vasilis still dancing around and singing to himself. He wasn't speaking any lyrics in particular, simply humming and being happy in general. He didn't happen to notice them until all of them were in the room. Once he did, he stopped dancing and waved his arms up and down.

"Hey! Welcome to breakfast!!" he cheered, his eyes shining as always. "The one everyone says is the most important meal of the day! Well, I say it's a important meal, because all meals are important!"

~~~

((Okie! Can't wait to see ya, Adrius!))
Angelina tilted her head at Asher as he described what it was like to eat bacon wrapped in white bread. Huh... white bread? It sounded like something a member of the gang she was formerly part of would do, yet she never saw anyone eat bacon like that. Instead, they liked to combine bacon and pancakes together. It was honestly her favorite part about waking up in the morning for the longest time.

"Really? You'll try it?" she asked, her healthy eye lighting up. Her smile was soft, matching Asher's smile. "That would be awesome. Y'know, if you'd like, I can try your childhood favorite. I'm pretty sure it won't be much different, and it'll still taste good."

She paused, looking down at Asher's extended hand. She chuckled lightheartedly before taking it. She almost reached up to mess with her goggles, only to realize she wasn't wearing any right now. Gods, she hoped Asher missed her little slip-up. She moved her hand back to her side quick enough for him to maybe not notice.

"We shall get going indeed."

Rio was relieved to know he wasn't being confusing. Instead of worrying about it any longer, he listened to Nev talk about the genre she preferred to indulge in. He himself love to escape through stories, and the fantasy genre was literally perfect for that. He loved science fiction too, but like Nev said, there were some questioning things in those stories at times. In fantasy, it could simply be considered 'just magic'. It wasn't like magic could be explained like scientific concepts could.

"I love me some fantasy stories. It makes me wonder what it would be like if I had different powers sometimes," he shared truthfully. "It's not just that, I can also kinda relate it to parts of me. The whole having powers thing is relatable, for sure. If I can throw some monsters down a literal water slide, I don't need an explanation. I still get curious, though... I have taken notes about myself before!"

He chuckled awkwardly, realizing he rambled again. Well, it was only a matter of time before he became aware of it again. He was grateful for the opportunity to latch onto the subject change Nev offered up. He let out a little gasp upon learning she had a Pokemon onesie of her own. The smile that eventually took shape on her face made it even better.

"Oh my gosh, I would love to see you wear it sometime!" he gushed, his ocean eyes brightening. "Wanna know something interesting? The Water-type isn't my favorite! It's actually the Dragon-type. Dark-type is up there too. So many cool designs... oh, that doesn't mean I don't like Water-types. I usually pick the Water starter, in every game I've played."

He paused in order to take a deep breath, just so he wouldn't get red-faced so easily. "Do you think any of the others like it? Imagine if someone else is wearing something Pokemon-related when get there. Someone should stop me from geeking out, if that happens."

While the last part sounded like a joke, he was secretly hoping Nev would be that person, should his guess turn out to be accurate. Little did he know...

Seth was a bit surprised by how excited Karmela got about blueberry pancakes. A very subtle pink blush dusted his cheeks, fading as quickly as it came. He couldn't help but keep smiling at her. She was pretty good at that. She could bring different smiles from him, besides the casual one he usually liked to wear. Well, she and Vasilis could do that. He wouldn't knock his childhood friend's capabilities.

"Didn't know you drank coffee," he commented, watching as she popped her back. He spent a few seconds wondering if he should try that before giving up on the thought altogether. "Now I know who gets to have my cup of coffee if anyone ever gives me one. I dunno what it is, but it's hard for me to drink coffee."

He could've given any number of reasons, like say, how bitter coffee tasted to him. However, he didn't feel as though he needed to. Either way, he would give his coffee to Karma any day of the week.

"If you change your mind at any point, just know I'm not opposed to flying you there," he replied, smirking at Karma. He wondered if he would have to fly her anywhere during the Circle's Island operation. He likely would, and maybe the safety of his friends would keep him wide awake. No, it would definitely keep him awake.

The entire time he floated with Karma, he was flexing his fingers, the pace sometimes changing from fast to slow and vice versa. It was movement meant to keep him focused and awake.

When everyone got to the breakfast room, they would see Vasilis still dancing around and singing to himself. He wasn't speaking any lyrics in particular, simply humming and being happy in general. He didn't happen to notice them until all of them were in the room. Once he did, he stopped dancing and waved his arms up and down.

"Hey! Welcome to breakfast!!" he cheered, his eyes shining as always. "The one everyone says is the most important meal of the day! Well, I say it's a important meal, because all meals are important!"

~~~

((Okie! Can't wait to see ya, Adrius!))
xk7ymDQ.png
“I see no downside,” Asher grinned. “Pancakes? Good. Bacon? Good!” He chuckled then Angel took his hand and together they walked into breakfast. Vasilis was spinning and singing in the meeting hall, which succeeded in making Asher’s smile grow fondly.

He turned to Angel with a light laugh, “well at least someone is in a good mood this morning.” Asher gave her hand a gentle squeeze before slipping away to the table for some coffee. He stretches out in one of the plush chairs, coffee mug in hand, and watches the son of Apollo dance with a small, amused, smile.

~~~

A soft smile played on her lips as Rio rambled. Nevaeh watched his eyes brighten as he talked and couldn’t contain the small giggle that escaped her. The daughter of Hades was honestly in awe of his ability to just talk about the things that interest him. A skill she may never have.

There was something about the way Rio’s eyes lit up, and the cute way his face slowly goes red when he forgets to breathe as he rambles. “Well, there’s only one way to find out.” Nevaeh holds her book close to her chest and jerks her head down the hall to the meeting room. She smiled, “with this group I’m fairly certain they’d be geeking out with you.”

~~~

Karmela grinned, “I exist purely on caffeine and spite. Of course I drink coffee!” Stretching her arms out in front of her and giving her knuckles a crack for good measure she continues, “besides, I am not a morning person. I get mean when I’m tired and, given our current situation, that’s not gonna be good for anybody.” A dry chuckle bubbles past her lips.

“Oh don’t be offering me free rides. I have poor impulse control and not the best manners. You will be jumped and rides will be demanded.” Even with the teasing tone there was an evil spark behind her eyes. She was joking but it was clear a part of her was serious. Now that she knows it’s okay, she will be making Seth her taxi service when she doesn’t want to walk.

As they walked she walked and Seth floated beside her; she couldn’t help but catch his twitching fingers in her periferal. It’s not a long walk and, if the shuffle in the room ahead was any indicator, they’d have an audience soon. Karmela settled for making a mental note of it and make sure to ask him about it later.

~~~

Getting yourself to an island in the middle of the f*cking ocean is hard enough, doing it while practically completely blind is an entirely new level of impossible. Phobetor, a literal god, couldn’t have sprung for the one way pass to Circe’s Island? He gave Adrius this mission, he wants this to work, but it’s like he’s already setting it up to fail.

“F*cking ridiculous…” Adrius grumbled to himself for the upteenth time. Syra was tucked into his hood which was pulled tight over his head to keep her safe and warm as he flew. That’s another thing, he had to fly himself. With physical wings. Attached to his body. That use his energy. It was like walking himself the distance. Granted it was a far faster speed in a relatively straight line but still. It’s damn exhausting.

For Katelyn… we need to do this for Katelyn…

“Almost there Syra. Just hang tight.” She nuzzled into his neck in response and Adrius couldn’t help the small, fond, smile that graced his lips. Gods, he f*cking loves his ferret.

~~~

((Hahah! I managed a thing!! We’re back baby!!!))
“I see no downside,” Asher grinned. “Pancakes? Good. Bacon? Good!” He chuckled then Angel took his hand and together they walked into breakfast. Vasilis was spinning and singing in the meeting hall, which succeeded in making Asher’s smile grow fondly.

He turned to Angel with a light laugh, “well at least someone is in a good mood this morning.” Asher gave her hand a gentle squeeze before slipping away to the table for some coffee. He stretches out in one of the plush chairs, coffee mug in hand, and watches the son of Apollo dance with a small, amused, smile.

~~~

A soft smile played on her lips as Rio rambled. Nevaeh watched his eyes brighten as he talked and couldn’t contain the small giggle that escaped her. The daughter of Hades was honestly in awe of his ability to just talk about the things that interest him. A skill she may never have.

There was something about the way Rio’s eyes lit up, and the cute way his face slowly goes red when he forgets to breathe as he rambles. “Well, there’s only one way to find out.” Nevaeh holds her book close to her chest and jerks her head down the hall to the meeting room. She smiled, “with this group I’m fairly certain they’d be geeking out with you.”

~~~

Karmela grinned, “I exist purely on caffeine and spite. Of course I drink coffee!” Stretching her arms out in front of her and giving her knuckles a crack for good measure she continues, “besides, I am not a morning person. I get mean when I’m tired and, given our current situation, that’s not gonna be good for anybody.” A dry chuckle bubbles past her lips.

“Oh don’t be offering me free rides. I have poor impulse control and not the best manners. You will be jumped and rides will be demanded.” Even with the teasing tone there was an evil spark behind her eyes. She was joking but it was clear a part of her was serious. Now that she knows it’s okay, she will be making Seth her taxi service when she doesn’t want to walk.

As they walked she walked and Seth floated beside her; she couldn’t help but catch his twitching fingers in her periferal. It’s not a long walk and, if the shuffle in the room ahead was any indicator, they’d have an audience soon. Karmela settled for making a mental note of it and make sure to ask him about it later.

~~~

Getting yourself to an island in the middle of the f*cking ocean is hard enough, doing it while practically completely blind is an entirely new level of impossible. Phobetor, a literal god, couldn’t have sprung for the one way pass to Circe’s Island? He gave Adrius this mission, he wants this to work, but it’s like he’s already setting it up to fail.

“F*cking ridiculous…” Adrius grumbled to himself for the upteenth time. Syra was tucked into his hood which was pulled tight over his head to keep her safe and warm as he flew. That’s another thing, he had to fly himself. With physical wings. Attached to his body. That use his energy. It was like walking himself the distance. Granted it was a far faster speed in a relatively straight line but still. It’s damn exhausting.

For Katelyn… we need to do this for Katelyn…

“Almost there Syra. Just hang tight.” She nuzzled into his neck in response and Adrius couldn’t help the small, fond, smile that graced his lips. Gods, he f*cking loves his ferret.

~~~

((Hahah! I managed a thing!! We’re back baby!!!))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10