Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gaoler Gene Expansion
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41
is there discussion on just combining all parallel genes into one "gene-ancient version" that just. says which breeds it can be applied to? that to me seems the most straightforward solution, with the only downside being people don't read and obviously there will be some mis-purchases
i'm probably overlooking something, and also i'd imagine the backend would make it trickier too.

regardless- i think i like the idea of an ancient gene swap-shop, at the very least because trying to find the genes i need in baldwin's can get difficult
is there discussion on just combining all parallel genes into one "gene-ancient version" that just. says which breeds it can be applied to? that to me seems the most straightforward solution, with the only downside being people don't read and obviously there will be some mis-purchases
i'm probably overlooking something, and also i'd imagine the backend would make it trickier too.

regardless- i think i like the idea of an ancient gene swap-shop, at the very least because trying to find the genes i need in baldwin's can get difficult
[quote name="@Aequorin" date="2023-04-19 13:07:48" ] @/Vaixation, two pairs of eyes looked at this, too! One of them was mine...[emoji=skull size=1] [/quote] I'm surprised multiple eyes didn't mention this one (or maybe they did and I missed it, but I check all admin comments first)... Was this supposed to be Arlo? [quote]This shop will include Ancient Archaeology parallel genes, whose 1:1 trade will be removed from [b]Baldwin[/b]. The new Grand Exchange trades will not require a vial component or treasure. Ancient genes that are exclusive to Archaeology that have no modern counterpart will remain in Archaeology.[/quote]
@Aequorin wrote on 2023-04-19 13:07:48:
@/Vaixation, two pairs of eyes looked at this, too! One of them was mine...

I'm surprised multiple eyes didn't mention this one (or maybe they did and I missed it, but I check all admin comments first)... Was this supposed to be Arlo?
Quote:
This shop will include Ancient Archaeology parallel genes, whose 1:1 trade will be removed from Baldwin. The new Grand Exchange trades will not require a vial component or treasure. Ancient genes that are exclusive to Archaeology that have no modern counterpart will remain in Archaeology.
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
I just pogged so hard
I just pogged so hard
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
brb, i’m re-scrying all my gaoler plans [emoji=skydancer love size=1] [emoji=skydancer love size=1] [emoji=skydancer love size=1]
brb, i’m re-scrying all my gaoler plans
6x7FMpC.png FbBE7dN.png
zl1ZGZ2.png eRwbrSc.png YMPbu9R.png
rix3ppo.png
kBHm00y.png 5hF3FGk.png
dEe2UrM.png
newnp5x.png pancake.png
give us python and morph for undies ok
give us python and morph for undies ok
q5wK1gN.pngstonesig_by_bajanmightyena-daflnui%20sig%20size_zpsrouqlt49.pngtRc9wm7.png1o57V8Q.jpgvNSClVq.jpg
What people wanted: ancient genes to have their own distinct graphics w/distinct colors
What FR staff decides to do: to complicate things further with yet another shop, no icon changes and devaluing current genes (eventually.)

I know you said the icon issue/"bloat" will be it's own update, but it really needed to be said here. Also, I don't see how this will affect the current crisis. It seems overly excessive/complicated for what's a simple issue. Change. Their. Icons. That is all.
What people wanted: ancient genes to have their own distinct graphics w/distinct colors
What FR staff decides to do: to complicate things further with yet another shop, no icon changes and devaluing current genes (eventually.)

I know you said the icon issue/"bloat" will be it's own update, but it really needed to be said here. Also, I don't see how this will affect the current crisis. It seems overly excessive/complicated for what's a simple issue. Change. Their. Icons. That is all.
mlNVeHM.jpg
:D Yay new Gaoler genes! They all look so cool.

And the new method for ancient genes sounds like it'll really help make things easier and more simple for now :D We're looking forward to whatever solution there is for the MP genes too.
:D Yay new Gaoler genes! They all look so cool.

And the new method for ancient genes sounds like it'll really help make things easier and more simple for now :D We're looking forward to whatever solution there is for the MP genes too.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
so many gorgeous genes for gaos [emoji=imperial love size=1]
so many gorgeous genes for gaos
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
Lovely new genes for the Gaolers, they are not my type but I am happy for the Goaler collectors and look forward to seeing what lovely dragons they make with them. I am sure they will come up with many creative and exciting dragons.

I am also very happy with the plans for the ancient genes, one of the problems that I have with geneing up ancients is how difficult it is to hunt down the type that I need, this will make it much easier. Hopefully this also helps to reduce the bloat of unwanted ancient genes in the AH because once this is implemented then people won't keep getting them as drops when they are trying for something (maybe the modern version of the gene anyway), and will be getting them when they are looking for them specifically.
Lovely new genes for the Gaolers, they are not my type but I am happy for the Goaler collectors and look forward to seeing what lovely dragons they make with them. I am sure they will come up with many creative and exciting dragons.

I am also very happy with the plans for the ancient genes, one of the problems that I have with geneing up ancients is how difficult it is to hunt down the type that I need, this will make it much easier. Hopefully this also helps to reduce the bloat of unwanted ancient genes in the AH because once this is implemented then people won't keep getting them as drops when they are trying for something (maybe the modern version of the gene anyway), and will be getting them when they are looking for them specifically.
dT9HQge.png
StJyjbv.png
they got angler !!??
they got angler !!??
spinning-spin.gif

hey, you can call me Zeke !
they/them
i make a lot of spelling mistakes
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41