Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Long Distance Relationships
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@upshur you're a nerd q/////q
but uh, yes. she basically just said everything i could have really put into words. it's hard sometimes because there's moments when i want to be there and hold her and i can but i do everything in my power than i can to help her in the position that i'm in. a really great thing is having really common interests and being open to new things. i know when she and i first started dating, we both likes let's plays although we liked different ones and we introduced each other [more so i got introduced to rt and then she had a moment because she liked them too] to different things and we've really bonded that way, it's been a lovely experience to be able to blossom through this relationship even with our distance.
@upshur you're a nerd q/////q
but uh, yes. she basically just said everything i could have really put into words. it's hard sometimes because there's moments when i want to be there and hold her and i can but i do everything in my power than i can to help her in the position that i'm in. a really great thing is having really common interests and being open to new things. i know when she and i first started dating, we both likes let's plays although we liked different ones and we introduced each other [more so i got introduced to rt and then she had a moment because she liked them too] to different things and we've really bonded that way, it's been a lovely experience to be able to blossom through this relationship even with our distance.
@Draco !!

I recently had the chance to see him this past month for 10 days, 10 short, short days. We went to the San Diego zoo, AX, and Disneyland.
I'm already planning a new trip for the future, hopefully he makes it on over in the winter.

I admit it's hard, but that makes the time when we see each other extra special.
@Draco !!

I recently had the chance to see him this past month for 10 days, 10 short, short days. We went to the San Diego zoo, AX, and Disneyland.
I'm already planning a new trip for the future, hopefully he makes it on over in the winter.

I admit it's hard, but that makes the time when we see each other extra special.
Communication is key.
When you unlock to believe, can you see what I see?
Searchlights, looking for the watcher in the sky.
@Dragon I felt the same about my recent visit with my girlfriend. Two full weeks, but it felt so much shorter, and even harder because she was still working while I was there, but I do have to agree with you, the time together that people in LDR's get, is all the more special. Mine's trying to plan on coming for Christmas this year or next year, so that'd be the best present ever. But she's gotta spend other money on an anniversary gift in October(if she chooses), my birthday in November, and then the trip and any presents in December XD
@Dragon I felt the same about my recent visit with my girlfriend. Two full weeks, but it felt so much shorter, and even harder because she was still working while I was there, but I do have to agree with you, the time together that people in LDR's get, is all the more special. Mine's trying to plan on coming for Christmas this year or next year, so that'd be the best present ever. But she's gotta spend other money on an anniversary gift in October(if she chooses), my birthday in November, and then the trip and any presents in December XD
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
I have already been through, geez, 3-4 LDRs? Something like that. And I'm apologizing for this wall of text I'm about to spill.

My first LDR was when I was 16 and we met on DeviantArt of all places. She was incredibly sweet and kind and harbored immense feelings for each other for months, almost a year at least. I actually think I fell in love with her at one point, which is scary. Only until now have I felt like that. I was head over heels for this girl. My parents did not approve of the relationship at all and I had my electronics taken away for months (but I'm bright so I easily found a way around that). We eventually called our relationship and our friendship off because of stupid things we both did. We were both young and we made mistakes. I still think of her from time to time and I really hope she's doing well.

My 2nd LDR was with my best friend, also met on deviantArt. It was really weird and awkward and only lasted for about a month. We acted more like friends than actually being in a relationship. I'm not going to comment on that more because our friendship just got thrown out the window a few weeks ago so...

My 3rd LDR was a complete disaster to put it shortly. The other party was manipulative and always tried to put my interests and emotions down. By the end of that one, I was walking on eggshells for the constant fear of saying something that could possibly offend her and make her yell at me for literally nothing I did. I'm so happy that's over and she's out of my life despite the fact that she randomly messages me on anon on Tumblr every once in a while but I totally know it's her.

My 4th and current LDR can't be going any better. We have so many things in common, both interests and long-term goals. We also met through the Internet and I really really like her. We've been dating for almost 3 months, and I'm very happy with her. Both of us aren't out to either of our parents, so we're both very aware of that (unlike other exes who wanted me to come out). She'll also (hopefully) be doing a similar internship program with me in Warsaw next summer, so I'm hoping that it'll turn into a romantic time. /////

LDRs are difficult though, and they're definitely not for anyone. I know a number of people in college who've had to split up with their high school sweethearts. Meanwhile, I know one couple in particular who have been together for almost 5 years now! So, it's all a matter of who you're with.
I have already been through, geez, 3-4 LDRs? Something like that. And I'm apologizing for this wall of text I'm about to spill.

My first LDR was when I was 16 and we met on DeviantArt of all places. She was incredibly sweet and kind and harbored immense feelings for each other for months, almost a year at least. I actually think I fell in love with her at one point, which is scary. Only until now have I felt like that. I was head over heels for this girl. My parents did not approve of the relationship at all and I had my electronics taken away for months (but I'm bright so I easily found a way around that). We eventually called our relationship and our friendship off because of stupid things we both did. We were both young and we made mistakes. I still think of her from time to time and I really hope she's doing well.

My 2nd LDR was with my best friend, also met on deviantArt. It was really weird and awkward and only lasted for about a month. We acted more like friends than actually being in a relationship. I'm not going to comment on that more because our friendship just got thrown out the window a few weeks ago so...

My 3rd LDR was a complete disaster to put it shortly. The other party was manipulative and always tried to put my interests and emotions down. By the end of that one, I was walking on eggshells for the constant fear of saying something that could possibly offend her and make her yell at me for literally nothing I did. I'm so happy that's over and she's out of my life despite the fact that she randomly messages me on anon on Tumblr every once in a while but I totally know it's her.

My 4th and current LDR can't be going any better. We have so many things in common, both interests and long-term goals. We also met through the Internet and I really really like her. We've been dating for almost 3 months, and I'm very happy with her. Both of us aren't out to either of our parents, so we're both very aware of that (unlike other exes who wanted me to come out). She'll also (hopefully) be doing a similar internship program with me in Warsaw next summer, so I'm hoping that it'll turn into a romantic time. /////

LDRs are difficult though, and they're definitely not for anyone. I know a number of people in college who've had to split up with their high school sweethearts. Meanwhile, I know one couple in particular who have been together for almost 5 years now! So, it's all a matter of who you're with.
clockworkvixen_by_coloradoblues-dbd9yy1.gif
My fiancé and I have been in a LDR twice. He's a year younger than me, and we started dating in high school so we were apart for my freshman year of college while he was finishing high school and then his senior year of college while I was living at home.

We've been together seven years now and are getting married in December! So, yeah, it seems like this board is chock full of good advice, but I'm always willing to add my own if anyone wants it =D
My fiancé and I have been in a LDR twice. He's a year younger than me, and we started dating in high school so we were apart for my freshman year of college while he was finishing high school and then his senior year of college while I was living at home.

We've been together seven years now and are getting married in December! So, yeah, it seems like this board is chock full of good advice, but I'm always willing to add my own if anyone wants it =D
ZNhRsiG.png

ALWAYS offering nest space for rental and baby-sitting services! Message me for details!
@Glutamine is gay
@Glutamine is gay
Knux_continue_by_Playat1.gif
☆ the un is skyedancer, please don't forget the e! ☆ twitter ☆
@Skyedancer TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!!!!!!
@Skyedancer TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!!!!!!

qOZdpfT.png
@Nuibella I've been in two long distance relationships, first one was when I as about, oh 18 or so, and it was with a guy in my home city, we'd dated before and decided to get back together when I was visiting on Christmas break from university.
It worked really well, we were apart for about 4 months or so before I came back for summer break. We barely skyped, but we texted constantly, it went really well :)
I did end up ending the relationship near the start of the next school year starting; I realized I had outgrown the relationship with him, in staying with him, I was fixating too much on where i'd come from, rather than where I was (school). And with him not going to school, I wanted to be with someone who was also persuing a higher level of education, and that I could see more than four months at a time.

My second LDR was with a university boyfriend, we went to the same school and saw each other for classes 8 months of the year, I have to say it was much better knowing I was seeing him more months than I wasn't; it became LDR while I was home for the summer. Skyping wasn't happening as much, but again, we goofed off with Snapchat and texted frequently; and he was able to visit halfway through our summer break, which made it very nice :)
@Nuibella I've been in two long distance relationships, first one was when I as about, oh 18 or so, and it was with a guy in my home city, we'd dated before and decided to get back together when I was visiting on Christmas break from university.
It worked really well, we were apart for about 4 months or so before I came back for summer break. We barely skyped, but we texted constantly, it went really well :)
I did end up ending the relationship near the start of the next school year starting; I realized I had outgrown the relationship with him, in staying with him, I was fixating too much on where i'd come from, rather than where I was (school). And with him not going to school, I wanted to be with someone who was also persuing a higher level of education, and that I could see more than four months at a time.

My second LDR was with a university boyfriend, we went to the same school and saw each other for classes 8 months of the year, I have to say it was much better knowing I was seeing him more months than I wasn't; it became LDR while I was home for the summer. Skyping wasn't happening as much, but again, we goofed off with Snapchat and texted frequently; and he was able to visit halfway through our summer break, which made it very nice :)
I'm in one right now. uvu
I've known this guy ever since maybe 2008, i think? First time I was together with him for 2 years, and then I fell for another, closer living guy and broke up. I then broke up with second guy and got back together with first guy .. and here we are :'D
We still dont have a date for meeting yet as he needs to finish college first AND finance a permanent stay here. It's going to be a long trip for us, but I'll stay patient. uvu
(And yeah, most of my closest friends are currently in an LDR too)
I'm in one right now. uvu
I've known this guy ever since maybe 2008, i think? First time I was together with him for 2 years, and then I fell for another, closer living guy and broke up. I then broke up with second guy and got back together with first guy .. and here we are :'D
We still dont have a date for meeting yet as he needs to finish college first AND finance a permanent stay here. It's going to be a long trip for us, but I'll stay patient. uvu
(And yeah, most of my closest friends are currently in an LDR too)
5KT5SCp.png
CioCFC3.png

FR +9 | Always looking up | They/Them
@Nuibella
Never had a serious relationship before and I'm going into my first one right now. I'm taking a year off college while a boy I've known for 2 years is continuing his degree, 4 hours away from me. I have no idea where we'll end up but we've both been open and honest about what we want. Even knowing that, this whole thing is kind of scary and painful, to be honest. I've been reading everyone's replies in this thread and I see that I don't have it that bad, but... I miss him already.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it .__.
@Nuibella
Never had a serious relationship before and I'm going into my first one right now. I'm taking a year off college while a boy I've known for 2 years is continuing his degree, 4 hours away from me. I have no idea where we'll end up but we've both been open and honest about what we want. Even knowing that, this whole thing is kind of scary and painful, to be honest. I've been reading everyone's replies in this thread and I see that I don't have it that bad, but... I miss him already.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it .__.
sigg_zpsc0a9cb30.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7