Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Long Distance Relationships
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@superflumous yesss having clothes from your partner is THE BEST, especially if it smells like them! it's really comforting when things are bad and you miss them. i sprayed my favourite perfume on a plushie and sent it to my partner for cuddles at night, and I have one of her hoodies to bury myself in when i'm sad :)
@superflumous yesss having clothes from your partner is THE BEST, especially if it smells like them! it's really comforting when things are bad and you miss them. i sprayed my favourite perfume on a plushie and sent it to my partner for cuddles at night, and I have one of her hoodies to bury myself in when i'm sad :)
[quote name="Nuibella" date="2014-07-20 11:43:34"]Ahhh sorry for not responding!~ Working on an assignment. @Ravette I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with LDRs. Like many other people, there have been very sad/upsetting endings to them. I try to have a healthy limitation of conversation between us, not too much that we act clingy, and not so little that we barely talk to each other. I hope you are okay after that whole experience. Thank you for your positive words. :) [/quote] I am okay after. I think I learned a lot about myself during that time. =) That's good that you are trying to get the right amount in. I just think its tough when trying to merge everything together, you know? But for some it works better. Let's hope you're one of the ones that's got it =)
Nuibella wrote on 2014-07-20 11:43:34:
Ahhh sorry for not responding!~ Working on an assignment.

@Ravette I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with LDRs. Like many other people, there have been very sad/upsetting endings to them.
I try to have a healthy limitation of conversation between us, not too much that we act clingy, and not so little that we barely talk to each other.
I hope you are okay after that whole experience.

Thank you for your positive words. :)

I am okay after. I think I learned a lot about myself during that time. =)

That's good that you are trying to get the right amount in. I just think its tough when trying to merge everything together, you know? But for some it works better. Let's hope you're one of the ones that's got it =)
I'm in a LDR.

Pros-- he's been my friend for the last eight years, and we write books together professionally.

Cons-- ... My mom seems to think LDRs "don't count", and has been trying to shove me at other guys. Sigh.

Also, I'm in Washington State, he's in Kentucky. We've met twice, but... one of us will have to move someday.
I'm in a LDR.

Pros-- he's been my friend for the last eight years, and we write books together professionally.

Cons-- ... My mom seems to think LDRs "don't count", and has been trying to shove me at other guys. Sigh.

Also, I'm in Washington State, he's in Kentucky. We've met twice, but... one of us will have to move someday.
I'm currently in one and things are going pretty great.

I live in California and he lives in Oregon (only one state away, but Cali is a long state xD). We met on Tumblr and we started talking until I finally worked up the courage to ask him out :3 We've been together for three months now and he came down here for a week at the beginning of this month o3o Planning on going up there for Christmas or sometime close to there when we both are on winter break.

And I totally understand the clothing thing. He gave me one of his shirts and I still sometimes cuddle with it (I'm too afraid to actually wear the thing because I'm afraid I'll stink it up with my smell and it won't smell like him anymore ;-;)
I'm currently in one and things are going pretty great.

I live in California and he lives in Oregon (only one state away, but Cali is a long state xD). We met on Tumblr and we started talking until I finally worked up the courage to ask him out :3 We've been together for three months now and he came down here for a week at the beginning of this month o3o Planning on going up there for Christmas or sometime close to there when we both are on winter break.

And I totally understand the clothing thing. He gave me one of his shirts and I still sometimes cuddle with it (I'm too afraid to actually wear the thing because I'm afraid I'll stink it up with my smell and it won't smell like him anymore ;-;)
NN9NPXA.png SYiQlxK.png 8v87W4g.png
pZJYyk4.png aUzL2Bv.png cFHVk5Q.png
66wxnCy.png yoPbFcz.png gVI5OAO.png
I can't remember how to make signatures anymore lol
I'm from Asia and I met my bf through a game called Social Life on fb. We had our ups and downs. But we're trying to work things out. Only thing is... I'm super nervous about meeting him and our future seems kinda blank.
I'm from Asia and I met my bf through a game called Social Life on fb. We had our ups and downs. But we're trying to work things out. Only thing is... I'm super nervous about meeting him and our future seems kinda blank.
tumblr_inline_nrsubd08Ks1rd7zsk_540.pngtumblr_inline_nrsubl18PF1rd7zsk_540.pngtumblr_inline_nrsubhbU8R1rd7zsk_540.png
@superflumous
Yes learning about each other through communication is so helpful in the long-run, it's given me some skills outside of my relationship talking with people!
That is so adorable with how you bought him food, since my boyfriend lives in the middle of nowhere in a desert it's hard to send packages. I did however, send him an Edible arrangement, and I must admit those are SO ADORABLE to send ;v;
Usually I fill up my letters with inside jokes or making fun of him, since we do it to each other in a playful way. Then I just draw things he likes such as video game characters or something. vov

I actually haven't tried swapping clothing, but I'll do it when I see him again this month. He gave me a stuffed animal though which still smells like him even after 6 months (CRAZY I KNOW).

@KaidaShade I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through rough patches! I hope everything turns out to the better in the longrun. I think every LDR has been through a rough point at some point. Me and my boyfriend went through a rough month (May?) but then we realized our faults at the end. Hopefully everything turns out okay for you two.
I hope you and your partner have a lot of fun once you two can see each other more often!!

@pertly Wow so far away ;o; I give you credit for that!! My parents wouldn't be able to understand an LDR out of country (And personally I don't think I could handle it!).
I think at the end it eventually will be worth all the time and effort with the person, since all the talking and understanding of another's problems makes it easier to live with them eventually!

///sorry for slow replies I'll try to respond to more people later ,after school ;-;
@superflumous
Yes learning about each other through communication is so helpful in the long-run, it's given me some skills outside of my relationship talking with people!
That is so adorable with how you bought him food, since my boyfriend lives in the middle of nowhere in a desert it's hard to send packages. I did however, send him an Edible arrangement, and I must admit those are SO ADORABLE to send ;v;
Usually I fill up my letters with inside jokes or making fun of him, since we do it to each other in a playful way. Then I just draw things he likes such as video game characters or something. vov

I actually haven't tried swapping clothing, but I'll do it when I see him again this month. He gave me a stuffed animal though which still smells like him even after 6 months (CRAZY I KNOW).

@KaidaShade I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through rough patches! I hope everything turns out to the better in the longrun. I think every LDR has been through a rough point at some point. Me and my boyfriend went through a rough month (May?) but then we realized our faults at the end. Hopefully everything turns out okay for you two.
I hope you and your partner have a lot of fun once you two can see each other more often!!

@pertly Wow so far away ;o; I give you credit for that!! My parents wouldn't be able to understand an LDR out of country (And personally I don't think I could handle it!).
I think at the end it eventually will be worth all the time and effort with the person, since all the talking and understanding of another's problems makes it easier to live with them eventually!

///sorry for slow replies I'll try to respond to more people later ,after school ;-;
I'm currently in a sorta LDR, because I go halfway across the world to go to college. My boyfriend doesn't go to my college, but he lives an hour away, so we see each other most weekends when I'm in school. It's currently summer though, so we basically Skype nearly every day. We also have projects that we do together (he's currently coding my website because I'm a designer who could code but would much rather not, while he's a programmer who can't design) and we try to keep communication really open.

I've been really comfortable with him, because I've known him for like six years online, before we started dating half a year ago. He's definitely someone I trust a lot, which you need to make things work. It sucks that we're so far away from each other 4 months of the year, but hey.
I'm currently in a sorta LDR, because I go halfway across the world to go to college. My boyfriend doesn't go to my college, but he lives an hour away, so we see each other most weekends when I'm in school. It's currently summer though, so we basically Skype nearly every day. We also have projects that we do together (he's currently coding my website because I'm a designer who could code but would much rather not, while he's a programmer who can't design) and we try to keep communication really open.

I've been really comfortable with him, because I've known him for like six years online, before we started dating half a year ago. He's definitely someone I trust a lot, which you need to make things work. It sucks that we're so far away from each other 4 months of the year, but hey.
tumblr_n962tesrAF1tbt0svo1_r1_400.pngtumblr_n962tesrAF1tbt0svo2_r1_250.png
my boyfriend and I are moving next month to different universities. we are staying in the same state but its about a 2 hour drive. while this is not that big in comparison with other people, as I know there are others who have LDR across states or even continents, but it will be difficult for us. ive heard mixed things about long distance so im just really worried that it wont work... : (
my boyfriend and I are moving next month to different universities. we are staying in the same state but its about a 2 hour drive. while this is not that big in comparison with other people, as I know there are others who have LDR across states or even continents, but it will be difficult for us. ive heard mixed things about long distance so im just really worried that it wont work... : (
art blog
This is my fourth week at college and my fourth week in a long distance relationship. It's pretty tough, but I'm managing.
This is my fourth week at college and my fourth week in a long distance relationship. It's pretty tough, but I'm managing.
CSlUWkg.png
@Nuibella: where in AZ does he live? (I'm from arizona so I'm curious xD)
@Nuibella: where in AZ does he live? (I'm from arizona so I'm curious xD)
IMG_0247.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7