Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ic. » WALTZ OF WHISPERERS
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26
Adnachiel—Interacting with Alexander (@LilRosebud)
The vampire bursts into laughter and the satyr grins in response, even if he's not sure what the other's found so funny-

"I have better taste than that!" Adnachiel snaps, feeling himself a prickle across his cheeks as he blushes. "I don't need to stoop so low that I'd pick up someone who got intoxicated alone."

For all his grumbling, the prince settles into his role of storyteller well. Well, with one last assurance. "My past partners were wonderful people. Mostly." Now finished, he explains, "It was my first drink."

"As you know, there's several kinds of drunkards - the normal ones, the reckless ones, even the sleepy ones. He was an angry one."
Adnachiel cups his chin with a hand, props that against the chair's arm. "I, being an outstanding individual, helped a man who got thrown out of the tavern and lead him to the side of the road. Where he threw up. Several times."

Nose wrinkling, he adds, "Some of it almost got on my clothes. Luckily, I managed to get out with only a little bit of stink."

"Anyways, he extended this stained glass out to me and offered me a little bit of beer. It burned on the way down, but that was nothing compared to my mother's reaction! Still, looking back, it was definitely worth it."

A delicate cough, and Adnachiel perks back up, eyes gleaming as he looks at Alexander. "Now, about that story you were offering?"
The vampire bursts into laughter and the satyr grins in response, even if he's not sure what the other's found so funny-

"I have better taste than that!" Adnachiel snaps, feeling himself a prickle across his cheeks as he blushes. "I don't need to stoop so low that I'd pick up someone who got intoxicated alone."

For all his grumbling, the prince settles into his role of storyteller well. Well, with one last assurance. "My past partners were wonderful people. Mostly." Now finished, he explains, "It was my first drink."

"As you know, there's several kinds of drunkards - the normal ones, the reckless ones, even the sleepy ones. He was an angry one."
Adnachiel cups his chin with a hand, props that against the chair's arm. "I, being an outstanding individual, helped a man who got thrown out of the tavern and lead him to the side of the road. Where he threw up. Several times."

Nose wrinkling, he adds, "Some of it almost got on my clothes. Luckily, I managed to get out with only a little bit of stink."

"Anyways, he extended this stained glass out to me and offered me a little bit of beer. It burned on the way down, but that was nothing compared to my mother's reaction! Still, looking back, it was definitely worth it."

A delicate cough, and Adnachiel perks back up, eyes gleaming as he looks at Alexander. "Now, about that story you were offering?"
Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Shreila Thatcher

A gentle smile graced the face of the nymph, allowing her body to relax in an attempt to get the wyvren to be less embarrassed. She could feel some of the other beings on the float getting testy, and she flexed her hand, preparing to create a force field at a moments notice. The warmth of the day annoyed her. It tugged at her bones, burrowing its way into her skull. She could almost feel herself drowning in the heat. For a split second, she cursed her lack of controlling the weather and angrily wished for some ice cubes.

"It isn't that big of a deal. Draconian terminology is still new to me as well." Her eyebrows quirked up at the mention of nymphs selling their plants, but she decided not to mention it. "Yes, I suppose some nymphs would sell plants, although my faction tends to sell furs and magical items. I'd love to hear more about your apothecary, however. You're located farther south, correct?"
Daphine Hellobonia

A gentle smile graced the face of the nymph, allowing her body to relax in an attempt to get the wyvren to be less embarrassed. She could feel some of the other beings on the float getting testy, and she flexed her hand, preparing to create a force field at a moments notice. The warmth of the day annoyed her. It tugged at her bones, burrowing its way into her skull. She could almost feel herself drowning in the heat. For a split second, she cursed her lack of controlling the weather and angrily wished for some ice cubes.

"It isn't that big of a deal. Draconian terminology is still new to me as well." Her eyebrows quirked up at the mention of nymphs selling their plants, but she decided not to mention it. "Yes, I suppose some nymphs would sell plants, although my faction tends to sell furs and magical items. I'd love to hear more about your apothecary, however. You're located farther south, correct?"
she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world
[center][font=Savoye LET][size=7][color=Deepskyblue]Cyril Vassere[/center] [size=2][b]Interactions:[/b] Open; Mentions Bang and Butthead Priest arguing [b]Location:[/b] Float, and internally dying[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hIRhjMz.png[/img][/center] He could hear the back and forth between the somewhat annoying tiny bird man and the somehow more annoying priest… Probably because the ‘holy’ man was getting preachy and full of himself for managing to ‘control’ a demon. Cyril snorted a bit as he thought, [i]Yeah right you have ‘tamed’ a demon or whatever the f-ck you're saying it is… Right up until he gets tired of your sh-t and realizes he has power here and ends you. Not all that different from how taming a Blood Wyvern typically goes, the wyvern playing along so long as you give it free food… But if you push it too far or withhold food and you’re the one getting eaten instead. Now if the both of you would shut the hell up that would be grand… As I’m being forced to be here against my will… Don’t make me hate it more than I already do.[/i] ((I mean no offense to Bang when I say hims annoying, as he’s doing it in the best way possible… Character opinion =/= to mine)) ----- [center][font=SignPainter][size=7][color=Coral]Shreila Thatcher[/center] [size=2][b]Interactions:[/b] Daphine [b]Location:[/b] The Float[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jISYT8s.png[/img][/center] There was a part of her that was debating checking out what the argument she could hear was all about, not necessarily to intervene with any of it as sometimes it was fun to watch people argue about things. But Shreila resisted it for now as she replied, “Enchanted objects? That’s pretty interesting since those are iffy to have in Gelid. But yeah, I think it’s kinda southish since it can get fairly cold during the winter and spring.” Her eyes lit up when asked about the apothecary she worked at, and a few scales started showing on her arms as she added, “Dusk Phoenix Apothecary is super tiny, but located in the capital city… The name is a play on how both the current owner’s magic works since Adara’s fire both heals and harms and Lance is a shadow mage. It was just Adara to start with but Lance moved in with her and they got together so they both kinda own the shop. A-Anyways I’m one of three employees and most of what we sell is healing and frost resistance potions since we have access to some of the best additives to the latter and make a good salve application of the former. We do sell other kinds of elemental resist potions or general healing and wellness ones too along with potioncraft ingredients and gardening equipment… Mostly because Adara loves growing things.” Shreila then thought, [i]Th-That was probably a bit of an over share but whatever.[/i]
Cyril Vassere
Interactions: Open; Mentions Bang and Butthead Priest arguing
hIRhjMz.png

He could hear the back and forth between the somewhat annoying tiny bird man and the somehow more annoying priest… Probably because the ‘holy’ man was getting preachy and full of himself for managing to ‘control’ a demon. Cyril snorted a bit as he thought,
Yeah right you have ‘tamed’ a demon or whatever the f-ck you're saying it is… Right up until he gets tired of your sh-t and realizes he has power here and ends you.
Not all that different from how taming a Blood Wyvern typically goes, the wyvern playing along so long as you give it free food… But if you push it too far or withhold food and you’re the one getting eaten instead.

Now if the both of you would shut the hell up that would be grand… As I’m being forced to be here against my will… Don’t make me hate it more than I already do.

((I mean no offense to Bang when I say hims annoying, as he’s doing it in the best way possible… Character opinion =/= to mine))
Shreila Thatcher
Interactions: Daphine
jISYT8s.png

There was a part of her that was debating checking out what the argument she could hear was all about, not necessarily to intervene with any of it as sometimes it was fun to watch people argue about things. But Shreila resisted it for now as she replied,
“Enchanted objects? That’s pretty interesting since those are iffy to have in Gelid. But yeah, I think it’s kinda southish since it can get fairly cold during the winter and spring.”
Her eyes lit up when asked about the apothecary she worked at, and a few scales started showing on her arms as she added,
“Dusk Phoenix Apothecary is super tiny, but located in the capital city… The name is a play on how both the current owner’s magic works since Adara’s fire both heals and harms and Lance is a shadow mage. It was just Adara to start with but Lance moved in with her and they got together so they both kinda own the shop. A-Anyways I’m one of three employees and most of what we sell is healing and frost resistance potions since we have access to some of the best additives to the latter and make a good salve application of the former. We do sell other kinds of elemental resist potions or general healing and wellness ones too along with potioncraft ingredients and gardening equipment… Mostly because Adara loves growing things.”

Shreila then thought,
Th-That was probably a bit of an over share but whatever.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Alexander
Interactions: Adnachiel
Room on the float

"Ah yes.. let me think." Xander thought on it, mostly for dramatic effect seeing as he already knew the story he wanted to share. "Well it started off with my father bringing me and two of my brothers to a party for sorts.

The band played beautifully as the young Solace gazed at the others within his eye sight. Xander was quite board at the time. His father was chatting with a dear friend of his and his brothers were playing pool with, what he would've called, an unsavory crowd. With a sigh Alexander headed toward the bar, not to get alcohol, but instead one of those flavored sparkling waters. "Now what's a guy like you doing all alone over here?" The sudden voice startled the young vampire, although unlike in today's time, he didn't know how to hide it. "Oh uh, just drinking some water." He said simply. He looked at the woman that was now beside him and d*mn she was... Really f***ing hot. "Oh that can't be all." She said leaning against the counter-

"Anyway one thing lead to another and I'm in her room but turn out, one of my brothers saw me wandering off with her. Now I get what your thinking but here's the twist. My bother ran into this chick a few years before this, turns out she has some kind of vendetta against vampires and was actually planning to kill me. Which she almost did. And as much as I sometimes dislike Maverick, he did save my life a few times." Xander smiled, ah the good ol'day. "But yeah, that's the story of how I almost got killed for the first time." Alexander shifted to get more comfortable in his seat and after, looked back at his companion.

(@biao)
Alexander
Room on the float

"Ah yes.. let me think." Xander thought on it, mostly for dramatic effect seeing as he already knew the story he wanted to share. "Well it started off with my father bringing me and two of my brothers to a party for sorts.

The band played beautifully as the young Solace gazed at the others within his eye sight. Xander was quite board at the time. His father was chatting with a dear friend of his and his brothers were playing pool with, what he would've called, an unsavory crowd. With a sigh Alexander headed toward the bar, not to get alcohol, but instead one of those flavored sparkling waters. "Now what's a guy like you doing all alone over here?" The sudden voice startled the young vampire, although unlike in today's time, he didn't know how to hide it. "Oh uh, just drinking some water." He said simply. He looked at the woman that was now beside him and d*mn she was... Really f***ing hot. "Oh that can't be all." She said leaning against the counter-

"Anyway one thing lead to another and I'm in her room but turn out, one of my brothers saw me wandering off with her. Now I get what your thinking but here's the twist. My bother ran into this chick a few years before this, turns out she has some kind of vendetta against vampires and was actually planning to kill me. Which she almost did. And as much as I sometimes dislike Maverick, he did save my life a few times." Xander smiled, ah the good ol'day. "But yeah, that's the story of how I almost got killed for the first time." Alexander shifted to get more comfortable in his seat and after, looked back at his companion.

(@biao)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time
Ah, if this story involves sparkling water, then this is certainly a first kiss. A fine way to start the night, if a bit chaste. The fact that this is taking place at his father's party is more than enough to capture the satyr's attention, thinking of plays about star-crossed lovers and childhood sweethearts.

And then Adnachiel is coughing, choking on his own spit, as Alexander reveals that was his first assassination! "Either you're a lot older than you look," he begins once he finally recovers, "or you're a lot better at making enemies than I thought. Multiple assassination attempts!"

The prince leans back with a shake of his head. "I haven't even had my first. How important are you, that people decided you warranted that many? Surely not all of them were anti-vampire extremists."
Ah, if this story involves sparkling water, then this is certainly a first kiss. A fine way to start the night, if a bit chaste. The fact that this is taking place at his father's party is more than enough to capture the satyr's attention, thinking of plays about star-crossed lovers and childhood sweethearts.

And then Adnachiel is coughing, choking on his own spit, as Alexander reveals that was his first assassination! "Either you're a lot older than you look," he begins once he finally recovers, "or you're a lot better at making enemies than I thought. Multiple assassination attempts!"

The prince leans back with a shake of his head. "I haven't even had my first. How important are you, that people decided you warranted that many? Surely not all of them were anti-vampire extremists."
Alexander
Room on the float

Alex smiles cheekily at the young prince's reaction. "I assure you I am certainly older than I look." He enjoyed telling stories like this. Building up the fantasy and then crashing it into the fiery pits of hell.
"As for making enemies, in my youth I... Had a big mouth. That sort of thing doesn't often make you friends with those used to luxury and obedience. At the time I had quite a few bounties on my head, some just for being an heir to my father's company." Alexander eyed Adnachiel's reaction, he seemed interested in his life experience. He wasn't sure whether to count it as just someone interested in a good story or someone trying to get information. Guess he'll find out.

"Anywho, I was 19 at the time of my first attempted assassination, so far I've had uhh..." Alexander had to think for a moment using his fingers to somewhat count the attempts so far. "Oh yeah, if I'm counting right it should be around 16-17" Satisfied with the answer he gave, he nodded. "Now, I assume you'd like some more tales from me? Or would you rather have me answer some questions?" Alexander raised an eyebrow at the prince awaiting his response.

(@biao Sorry if anything doesn't make sense. I'm on the phone rn so some stuff might have been typed or worded wrong)
Alexander
Room on the float

Alex smiles cheekily at the young prince's reaction. "I assure you I am certainly older than I look." He enjoyed telling stories like this. Building up the fantasy and then crashing it into the fiery pits of hell.
"As for making enemies, in my youth I... Had a big mouth. That sort of thing doesn't often make you friends with those used to luxury and obedience. At the time I had quite a few bounties on my head, some just for being an heir to my father's company." Alexander eyed Adnachiel's reaction, he seemed interested in his life experience. He wasn't sure whether to count it as just someone interested in a good story or someone trying to get information. Guess he'll find out.

"Anywho, I was 19 at the time of my first attempted assassination, so far I've had uhh..." Alexander had to think for a moment using his fingers to somewhat count the attempts so far. "Oh yeah, if I'm counting right it should be around 16-17" Satisfied with the answer he gave, he nodded. "Now, I assume you'd like some more tales from me? Or would you rather have me answer some questions?" Alexander raised an eyebrow at the prince awaiting his response.

(@biao Sorry if anything doesn't make sense. I'm on the phone rn so some stuff might have been typed or worded wrong)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

3+ to FR time
Az'Coreth (human form) | Float | Interactions: Gabriel, (somewhat ignoring Leona)

Az'Coreth flicked his gaze over the other demon. Despite being all dressed up, like everyone else on the float, he did indeed look sick and pale. Az might have mistaken him for a Wraith if he was back home. He was aware of Leona talking beside him, and nodded, agreeing with her statement. He had no ill-intentions for him. Yet.

"Well, hello. I am Az'Coreth," he greeted him. He leaned forwards to rest his elbows on his knees, his chin in his hands. "Hmmm..." He'd gotten a better look, but...he still couldn't tell what he was. Maybe he was just a Wraith. But, then again, demons that live with people like that tend to not be in the best conditions, and Wraiths naturally looked pale and gaunt. So...a half-demon? Ah, but what was the demon half? His horns were clearly gone, but there could have been a myriad of other body parts that were removed, too.

"How curious," Az'Coreth resolved aloud. It likely didn't matter, as the man looked too sick to use any species specific magic or abilities effectively. He cleared his throat and sat up straight. "Hard time? Bad travels? You seem tired," he said, although now he was talking to them, instead of off into space.
Az'Coreth (human form) | Float | Interactions: Gabriel, (somewhat ignoring Leona)

Az'Coreth flicked his gaze over the other demon. Despite being all dressed up, like everyone else on the float, he did indeed look sick and pale. Az might have mistaken him for a Wraith if he was back home. He was aware of Leona talking beside him, and nodded, agreeing with her statement. He had no ill-intentions for him. Yet.

"Well, hello. I am Az'Coreth," he greeted him. He leaned forwards to rest his elbows on his knees, his chin in his hands. "Hmmm..." He'd gotten a better look, but...he still couldn't tell what he was. Maybe he was just a Wraith. But, then again, demons that live with people like that tend to not be in the best conditions, and Wraiths naturally looked pale and gaunt. So...a half-demon? Ah, but what was the demon half? His horns were clearly gone, but there could have been a myriad of other body parts that were removed, too.

"How curious," Az'Coreth resolved aloud. It likely didn't matter, as the man looked too sick to use any species specific magic or abilities effectively. He cleared his throat and sat up straight. "Hard time? Bad travels? You seem tired," he said, although now he was talking to them, instead of off into space.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Alexander looks at him with evaluating eyes, and the satyr turns them right back.

“Should I even be speaking with you?” Adnachiel drawls, voice dry as desert sand. Call him petty, but he saw the cheeky smile stretched across the other's face while he was coughing. “You just admitted to being several times older than me and a magnet for misfortune. Either way, you’re bad news.”

If the vampire’s tone was any different, then the prince would accuse the other of swindling him. As it is, Adnachiel can’t help but believe him. “Well, you did just offer me something quite… detailed. Why don’t I give you a few questions in return. Say, how to stay out of trouble for instance?”
Alexander looks at him with evaluating eyes, and the satyr turns them right back.

“Should I even be speaking with you?” Adnachiel drawls, voice dry as desert sand. Call him petty, but he saw the cheeky smile stretched across the other's face while he was coughing. “You just admitted to being several times older than me and a magnet for misfortune. Either way, you’re bad news.”

If the vampire’s tone was any different, then the prince would accuse the other of swindling him. As it is, Adnachiel can’t help but believe him. “Well, you did just offer me something quite… detailed. Why don’t I give you a few questions in return. Say, how to stay out of trouble for instance?”
Daphine Hellobonia

Nervousness seemed to plague the wyrven, considering her grimaces and winces every time she deemed that she had spoken too much. Those feeling were not common within the dryads head-space, as Daphine tended to stay quiet. There was an elegance to the way she sat, her arms now thrown over the back of her chair, her ankles crossed in front of her.

The girls dragon scales seemed to be popping out, which was interesting. Daphine assumed that strong emotions would cause the mythical parts of her to appear, not unlike her own nymph parts.

The mention of the shop was interesting though. "Healing fire? I've never heard of that before. Although considering my factions natural immunity to cold, it makes sense that we never appeared in your shop before if you tend to sell cold resistance potions. I'd love to meet Adara though. She sounds interesting. Does she happen to have some sort of dryad in her?"
Daphine Hellobonia

Nervousness seemed to plague the wyrven, considering her grimaces and winces every time she deemed that she had spoken too much. Those feeling were not common within the dryads head-space, as Daphine tended to stay quiet. There was an elegance to the way she sat, her arms now thrown over the back of her chair, her ankles crossed in front of her.

The girls dragon scales seemed to be popping out, which was interesting. Daphine assumed that strong emotions would cause the mythical parts of her to appear, not unlike her own nymph parts.

The mention of the shop was interesting though. "Healing fire? I've never heard of that before. Although considering my factions natural immunity to cold, it makes sense that we never appeared in your shop before if you tend to sell cold resistance potions. I'd love to meet Adara though. She sounds interesting. Does she happen to have some sort of dryad in her?"
she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world
Alexander
Room on the float

"Ahh, staying out of trouble." Alex clasped his hands together in his lap leaning forward in his seat as he thought. That was something he was 'recently' lake past 20 years practicing. "Well, it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For me, in most business settings, it is keeping myself and my clients relatively happy. Things still get heated of course an-" Xander paused for a moment. He realized he was just about to rant about the outline of his business, and hell angels knew what happened the last time he did that.

"And that kind of thing isn't easily fixed if you get with the wrong people. As for relative circumstances, I would suggest not doing the following: Sleeping with people whose parents are not going to like you, arg-debating with people of higher statice, not learning proper edict when interacting with a different culture, becoming friends with someone that someone else doesn't like, and umm.. yeah I think that's pretty much the gist of not getting people to hate you." Alex thought for a moment longer seeing if there was really anything else worth sharing.

(@biao)
Alexander
Room on the float

"Ahh, staying out of trouble." Alex clasped his hands together in his lap leaning forward in his seat as he thought. That was something he was 'recently' lake past 20 years practicing. "Well, it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For me, in most business settings, it is keeping myself and my clients relatively happy. Things still get heated of course an-" Xander paused for a moment. He realized he was just about to rant about the outline of his business, and hell angels knew what happened the last time he did that.

"And that kind of thing isn't easily fixed if you get with the wrong people. As for relative circumstances, I would suggest not doing the following: Sleeping with people whose parents are not going to like you, arg-debating with people of higher statice, not learning proper edict when interacting with a different culture, becoming friends with someone that someone else doesn't like, and umm.. yeah I think that's pretty much the gist of not getting people to hate you." Alex thought for a moment longer seeing if there was really anything else worth sharing.

(@biao)

3+ to FR time
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26