Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ic. » WALTZ OF WHISPERERS
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26
Volaris
The Float
Interactions: Eneth (@/ringofeyes)

Although Volaris’ head tilted slightly at the word ‘accident’, a good-natured rumble came from her chest at his explanation. Not that she was one to simply wave off someone acting like a pompous clown just because they had gold, but at least it wasn’t anything serious. Just a fluster worthy mishap, bringing on fidgeting and flush.

At his explanation and query she righted her posture a bit, doing a quick once over of him for any sort of marking, sigil, or decor. Something to indicate his faction or kingdom that didn’t require memorizing a ledger.

Whilst doing so one her ears twitched, bowing and angling a bit oddly at the common room behind them. Which finally prompted a quick glance back, revealing none other than Bang having a rather… loud conversation with one of the other attendees. But as each seemed perfectly fine holding their own, and would eventually come to settle, she resolved not to intervene unless it for some reason escalated.

“Ah— Anovus, the mountains.” The continent's largest range, partially cutting through by the land and along the sea. Teeming with treasures and life, some of which was even more hostile than the extreme parts of the mountain’s landscape. A small point accomaning the answer, vaguely gesturing past him in the direction she knew her homeland to be. Her fondness of the land being evident even in so few words.

“As for your homeland? Is there none with a similar experience to yourself there?” Had there been none to assist him or teach him of his flame? Last she recalled lighting something on fire without meaning to (although, she may have been giving herself too much credit) was as a hatchling. Though, it was entirely possible the elements of his elvish bloodline worked far differently from what she was familiar with.
Volaris
The Float
Interactions: Eneth (@/ringofeyes)

Although Volaris’ head tilted slightly at the word ‘accident’, a good-natured rumble came from her chest at his explanation. Not that she was one to simply wave off someone acting like a pompous clown just because they had gold, but at least it wasn’t anything serious. Just a fluster worthy mishap, bringing on fidgeting and flush.

At his explanation and query she righted her posture a bit, doing a quick once over of him for any sort of marking, sigil, or decor. Something to indicate his faction or kingdom that didn’t require memorizing a ledger.

Whilst doing so one her ears twitched, bowing and angling a bit oddly at the common room behind them. Which finally prompted a quick glance back, revealing none other than Bang having a rather… loud conversation with one of the other attendees. But as each seemed perfectly fine holding their own, and would eventually come to settle, she resolved not to intervene unless it for some reason escalated.

“Ah— Anovus, the mountains.” The continent's largest range, partially cutting through by the land and along the sea. Teeming with treasures and life, some of which was even more hostile than the extreme parts of the mountain’s landscape. A small point accomaning the answer, vaguely gesturing past him in the direction she knew her homeland to be. Her fondness of the land being evident even in so few words.

“As for your homeland? Is there none with a similar experience to yourself there?” Had there been none to assist him or teach him of his flame? Last she recalled lighting something on fire without meaning to (although, she may have been giving herself too much credit) was as a hatchling. Though, it was entirely possible the elements of his elvish bloodline worked far differently from what she was familiar with.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Gabriel | The Float | Interactions: Az’Coreth, Leona

Gabriel kept his distance from the two speaking to him. Something about them gave off an untrustworthy miasma. The woman held herself with a unique confidence that he had seldom seen in anyone else. It felt like something he should hide from. The man's red and silver eyes were impossible to ignore. Hiding from those would certainly be impossible.

Gabriel listens to Leona trying to quell his worries but her words only succeeded in making him tense further. He was perturbed by her contradiction. His guardians words will be used against them but she meant no harm. She could have been referring to someone else but the thick coating of sugar dripping from her dialog made him suspicious.

"Gabriel." He returned Az's greeting with as many words as he could squeeze out. The familiar sensation of being examined made his breathing shallow and insufficient. Most would not bother more than a cursory glance but Az'Coreth looked him over like his superiors did. He was trapped there for what had to be several hours before he was finally allowed to breath again when the other changed his posture. He did not answer for a second as he was braced for something terrible to follow the unprompted look over, as he was accustomed to.

"Both, I'm afraid. And s-sleep does not come easy." He answered when nothing struck him but the awkwardness of the silence he had brewed. Gabriel released his iron grip on the railing to fiddle with his ring. At the same time he inclined his head towards the priest as an explanation for his woes.

--

Mr. The Priest| Floats | Mentions: Bang @Acetheaxolotl

The priest was a bit taken aback by the sound the bird uttered where they expected to hear a name. That must be his name but how were they ever meant to pronounce that? That doesn't matter, they would be more than happy to never speak to this creature ever again after today.

"Father Stonvun." The priest introduced themselves without any of the fancy embellishments they would use around someone more distinguished. Very quickly they moved past names to get back into what they were trying to uncover. "You're a blacksmith? An interesting line of work for someone so... petite." They insulted, "I assume you're responsible for nails and hinges then; arrowheads if you are lucky."
Gabriel | The Float | Interactions: Az’Coreth, Leona

Gabriel kept his distance from the two speaking to him. Something about them gave off an untrustworthy miasma. The woman held herself with a unique confidence that he had seldom seen in anyone else. It felt like something he should hide from. The man's red and silver eyes were impossible to ignore. Hiding from those would certainly be impossible.

Gabriel listens to Leona trying to quell his worries but her words only succeeded in making him tense further. He was perturbed by her contradiction. His guardians words will be used against them but she meant no harm. She could have been referring to someone else but the thick coating of sugar dripping from her dialog made him suspicious.

"Gabriel." He returned Az's greeting with as many words as he could squeeze out. The familiar sensation of being examined made his breathing shallow and insufficient. Most would not bother more than a cursory glance but Az'Coreth looked him over like his superiors did. He was trapped there for what had to be several hours before he was finally allowed to breath again when the other changed his posture. He did not answer for a second as he was braced for something terrible to follow the unprompted look over, as he was accustomed to.

"Both, I'm afraid. And s-sleep does not come easy." He answered when nothing struck him but the awkwardness of the silence he had brewed. Gabriel released his iron grip on the railing to fiddle with his ring. At the same time he inclined his head towards the priest as an explanation for his woes.

--

Mr. The Priest| Floats | Mentions: Bang @Acetheaxolotl

The priest was a bit taken aback by the sound the bird uttered where they expected to hear a name. That must be his name but how were they ever meant to pronounce that? That doesn't matter, they would be more than happy to never speak to this creature ever again after today.

"Father Stonvun." The priest introduced themselves without any of the fancy embellishments they would use around someone more distinguished. Very quickly they moved past names to get back into what they were trying to uncover. "You're a blacksmith? An interesting line of work for someone so... petite." They insulted, "I assume you're responsible for nails and hinges then; arrowheads if you are lucky."
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
@Teleoste

Bang is taken aback, but he feels as he shouldnt be surprised. Thisvguy's a jerk through and through. Him insulting a nessacary and noble craft is in character. The bird man mimics the insult with one of his own "and i suppose your noble duties are reading snooze worthy scriptures to half asleep patrons, maybe handingg out cookies and wine and dipping babies in water if you're lucky" he mocks, body posture depicting a slight smugness.but he decides to pivot into talking about his work. Maybe he can get the priest to shut up if he threatens him with power.

"But, joking aside, i am a blacksmith despite my stature. And mundane things are relegated to my apprentices and peers- I work on the fancy stuff, weapons so grand sometimes they make the competition look loke toy shops, ha!" He snickers.
@Teleoste

Bang is taken aback, but he feels as he shouldnt be surprised. Thisvguy's a jerk through and through. Him insulting a nessacary and noble craft is in character. The bird man mimics the insult with one of his own "and i suppose your noble duties are reading snooze worthy scriptures to half asleep patrons, maybe handingg out cookies and wine and dipping babies in water if you're lucky" he mocks, body posture depicting a slight smugness.but he decides to pivot into talking about his work. Maybe he can get the priest to shut up if he threatens him with power.

"But, joking aside, i am a blacksmith despite my stature. And mundane things are relegated to my apprentices and peers- I work on the fancy stuff, weapons so grand sometimes they make the competition look loke toy shops, ha!" He snickers.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Adnachiel—Interacting with Alexander (@LilRosebud)
A fellow businessman? The merchant perks up and has to promptly rein in his impulse to push. It’d be impolite to dig for company secrets, but the idea is more tempting than Adnachiel cares to admit. As it is, the other can keep speaking about avoiding trouble; there seems to be a slight misunderstanding, but the satyr will let his acquaintance offer advice nevertheless.

Alexander, he thinks affectionately, that’s common sense. If this is how the other acts politely, then he shudders to think of how he acts when he isn't.

The explanation finished, Adnachiel slides down in his chair in the very picture of a lackadaisical heir. Legs thrown to the side and carelessly crossed; head tilted to lean against the wall with an arrogant tip of the chin that lets lazy brown eyes peer downward. “I don't know if you got the impression,” he says, “but I am the higher status.” A sharp grin, completely in character. “Crown Prince Kashif, it's a pleasure. Parents love me, and people are the ones that visit my kingdom.”

A fingertip traces the underside of a manicured nail in quiet consideration, and the prince adds, “Personally, I’m of the opinion that friends love me too, but I never get the chance to meet them. Wouldn’t want to poach anyone, after all.”
A fellow businessman? The merchant perks up and has to promptly rein in his impulse to push. It’d be impolite to dig for company secrets, but the idea is more tempting than Adnachiel cares to admit. As it is, the other can keep speaking about avoiding trouble; there seems to be a slight misunderstanding, but the satyr will let his acquaintance offer advice nevertheless.

Alexander, he thinks affectionately, that’s common sense. If this is how the other acts politely, then he shudders to think of how he acts when he isn't.

The explanation finished, Adnachiel slides down in his chair in the very picture of a lackadaisical heir. Legs thrown to the side and carelessly crossed; head tilted to lean against the wall with an arrogant tip of the chin that lets lazy brown eyes peer downward. “I don't know if you got the impression,” he says, “but I am the higher status.” A sharp grin, completely in character. “Crown Prince Kashif, it's a pleasure. Parents love me, and people are the ones that visit my kingdom.”

A fingertip traces the underside of a manicured nail in quiet consideration, and the prince adds, “Personally, I’m of the opinion that friends love me too, but I never get the chance to meet them. Wouldn’t want to poach anyone, after all.”
Alexander
Interactions: Adnachiel
Room on the float

Alexander scoffed softly, not in a rude way just in a 'Yeah, I know, you don't have to point it out' way. "I knew you were the 'crown prince' soon as I looked at you, I just didn't really care about such status. Should I feel the need to? I can watch myself more closely if you need me to." Xander crossed his legs and arms, his tone seemed firmer than his previous 'carefree' attitude. His face didn't change though, still looking at the prince with a soft but structured feel.

The vampire did mean what he said though. He was slightly upset that the 'I'm kinda better than you' card came out. He was enjoying the normalcy of the conversation so far.

(@biao)
Alexander
Room on the float

Alexander scoffed softly, not in a rude way just in a 'Yeah, I know, you don't have to point it out' way. "I knew you were the 'crown prince' soon as I looked at you, I just didn't really care about such status. Should I feel the need to? I can watch myself more closely if you need me to." Xander crossed his legs and arms, his tone seemed firmer than his previous 'carefree' attitude. His face didn't change though, still looking at the prince with a soft but structured feel.

The vampire did mean what he said though. He was slightly upset that the 'I'm kinda better than you' card came out. He was enjoying the normalcy of the conversation so far.

(@biao)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time
The atmosphere curdles so quickly that the prince is left blinking like a traveler caught in a dust storm. With where he hails from—yes, it's that’s bad. Alexander’s shift in attitude manages to convey the sour mood of man who’s taken a swig of milk that’s spoiled after a day in the desert sun.

Slender fingers fly towards black hair and pause just short of sinking into stylized locks as Adnachiel straightens with a roll of his shoulders. And then he’s left sitting with that same sour expression, leaking in through the tightening of his mouth and the slight furrow of his brow.

“That wasn’t-” he cuts himself off, a sharp shake of the head. “It was a joke!” And the prince can’t say that he isn’t like that, but, “I was… exaggerating.”

Ah, the annoyance of apologizing for jokes!
The atmosphere curdles so quickly that the prince is left blinking like a traveler caught in a dust storm. With where he hails from—yes, it's that’s bad. Alexander’s shift in attitude manages to convey the sour mood of man who’s taken a swig of milk that’s spoiled after a day in the desert sun.

Slender fingers fly towards black hair and pause just short of sinking into stylized locks as Adnachiel straightens with a roll of his shoulders. And then he’s left sitting with that same sour expression, leaking in through the tightening of his mouth and the slight furrow of his brow.

“That wasn’t-” he cuts himself off, a sharp shake of the head. “It was a joke!” And the prince can’t say that he isn’t like that, but, “I was… exaggerating.”

Ah, the annoyance of apologizing for jokes!
Alexander
Room on the float

The vampire stared a moment longer before relaxing once more. "Very well, supposed I missed the punch line." Xander chuckled, it sounded more forced than anything. "What's this about not getting to meet with your friends? Surely you can't just be stuck with passing fancies, can you?" Alexander didn't know much about the royal lifestyle but it seemed a bit absurd not to be able to meet with friends.

(@biao)
Alexander
Room on the float

The vampire stared a moment longer before relaxing once more. "Very well, supposed I missed the punch line." Xander chuckled, it sounded more forced than anything. "What's this about not getting to meet with your friends? Surely you can't just be stuck with passing fancies, can you?" Alexander didn't know much about the royal lifestyle but it seemed a bit absurd not to be able to meet with friends.

(@biao)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

3+ to FR time
Pantheon above, the vampire clearly doesn't get anything! He doesn't even care enough to put in the effort and think, as if the idea of even understanding a royal is appalling. Well, if the other doesn't retract his reaction, then Adnachiel won't retract his either.

"That was about other's friends, Alexander; not mine," he explains, lacking all of the small movement from before. "And it's hardly real. I meet friends of friends all the time."

Dark eyes dart away, lingering over the walls beside the vampire's head, on decorations that are nailed to the walls, pretty little nothings. They're more than enough to ignore the lingering tensions.
Pantheon above, the vampire clearly doesn't get anything! He doesn't even care enough to put in the effort and think, as if the idea of even understanding a royal is appalling. Well, if the other doesn't retract his reaction, then Adnachiel won't retract his either.

"That was about other's friends, Alexander; not mine," he explains, lacking all of the small movement from before. "And it's hardly real. I meet friends of friends all the time."

Dark eyes dart away, lingering over the walls beside the vampire's head, on decorations that are nailed to the walls, pretty little nothings. They're more than enough to ignore the lingering tensions.
Alexander
Room on the float

"Yeah, that makes a lot more sense." 'god d*nm it' Alexander was never good at redirecting a conversation. In all honesty, he probably should have listened to his father a lot more than he did, but never mind all that. He'd change his ways when he eventually got back home.

Now... what to do with this clearly not-very-good predicament. Alex picked up his book again and began 'reading' it. He expected the satyr to leave soon as the air in here was suffocating, to say the least. He would have tried to fix it but he had a feeling that it would end up worse than it already was.

(@biao hey sorry for kinda crappy writing, I'm doing this stuff pretty late at night so if anything doesn't quite make sense just let me know and ill fix it lol)
Alexander
Room on the float

"Yeah, that makes a lot more sense." 'god d*nm it' Alexander was never good at redirecting a conversation. In all honesty, he probably should have listened to his father a lot more than he did, but never mind all that. He'd change his ways when he eventually got back home.

Now... what to do with this clearly not-very-good predicament. Alex picked up his book again and began 'reading' it. He expected the satyr to leave soon as the air in here was suffocating, to say the least. He would have tried to fix it but he had a feeling that it would end up worse than it already was.

(@biao hey sorry for kinda crappy writing, I'm doing this stuff pretty late at night so if anything doesn't quite make sense just let me know and ill fix it lol)

3+ to FR time
Father Stonvun| Floats | Mentions: Bang @Acetheaxolotl

The priest endured Bang’s mocking with a grim expression. The look was quick to fade when the blacksmith revealed exactly what he was after. His face was smug now and he tilted his chin up ever so slightly in a look of superiority. Bird brain, he could get this guy to admit to committing a murder if he really wanted.
"So these demon clients of yours are buying weapons from you." Stonvun brought the conversation back to his point with a conceited smirk. "These grand armaments can’t be being used for good can they?"
Father Stonvun| Floats | Mentions: Bang @Acetheaxolotl

The priest endured Bang’s mocking with a grim expression. The look was quick to fade when the blacksmith revealed exactly what he was after. His face was smug now and he tilted his chin up ever so slightly in a look of superiority. Bird brain, he could get this guy to admit to committing a murder if he really wanted.
"So these demon clients of yours are buying weapons from you." Stonvun brought the conversation back to his point with a conceited smirk. "These grand armaments can’t be being used for good can they?"
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26