Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (Dream) April Fool's, but worse
So I had a dream last night I think prompted by me seeing the site completely down when I tried checking what's happening for april fools, part of my brain went 'what incredibly elaborate april fools event could they be planning to need to take down the entire site?' and that spurred on this mess of a dream.
(For anyone who missed it, the site was actually down as a precautionary measure- there's a post explaining the situation here)

I don't think I got to look at everything on the site before I woke up but the main change was the dragons- sort of like the doodle takeover from little while back but more chaotic and way, way more involved!

Some just had new terts (like a very poorly drawn branches parallel on a tundra), a LOT had their breed altered to a completely new one and most all of them had their colours shifted slightly. You could see in the dragon's description that none of these things had actually been altered, only their art was different, but this only made it more confusing >~<

There were tons and tons of announcements posts stacked on the front page for all the 'new breeds' but the art for all of them was a completely different style and the designs were very simple, some of them not having wings and instead showing their secondary in patches- I might try draw some of them if I can still remember what they looked like.

The new tertiaries were largely line breaking or sometimes obscured whole parts of the dragon, like a huge arcane glow that covered their entire face. For that reason maybe there was a toggle that turned off the visibility of tertiary genes on most dragons.

That wasn't all changed though, the world map had been replaced with a heavily edited map of earth that was full of weird details like a new mountain appearing on australia in the shape of australia. There was also a population graph you could overlay that showed where every clan was located, and you could change where your clan was set (though it wouldn't have much effect other than moving your marker around the map). There were tons of strange details like cities with weird names that shouldn't be there, or a ton of clans lined up either side of a river like they were in battle.

I'm pretty sure there was more going on but that's all I remember! It was a relief to wake up and see the site completely normal ^ ^' (besides a little extra gravel) While my dream was interesting I'm glad it would never actually happen! The entire site changing out of nowhere was scary ;^;
So I had a dream last night I think prompted by me seeing the site completely down when I tried checking what's happening for april fools, part of my brain went 'what incredibly elaborate april fools event could they be planning to need to take down the entire site?' and that spurred on this mess of a dream.
(For anyone who missed it, the site was actually down as a precautionary measure- there's a post explaining the situation here)

I don't think I got to look at everything on the site before I woke up but the main change was the dragons- sort of like the doodle takeover from little while back but more chaotic and way, way more involved!

Some just had new terts (like a very poorly drawn branches parallel on a tundra), a LOT had their breed altered to a completely new one and most all of them had their colours shifted slightly. You could see in the dragon's description that none of these things had actually been altered, only their art was different, but this only made it more confusing >~<

There were tons and tons of announcements posts stacked on the front page for all the 'new breeds' but the art for all of them was a completely different style and the designs were very simple, some of them not having wings and instead showing their secondary in patches- I might try draw some of them if I can still remember what they looked like.

The new tertiaries were largely line breaking or sometimes obscured whole parts of the dragon, like a huge arcane glow that covered their entire face. For that reason maybe there was a toggle that turned off the visibility of tertiary genes on most dragons.

That wasn't all changed though, the world map had been replaced with a heavily edited map of earth that was full of weird details like a new mountain appearing on australia in the shape of australia. There was also a population graph you could overlay that showed where every clan was located, and you could change where your clan was set (though it wouldn't have much effect other than moving your marker around the map). There were tons of strange details like cities with weird names that shouldn't be there, or a ton of clans lined up either side of a river like they were in battle.

I'm pretty sure there was more going on but that's all I remember! It was a relief to wake up and see the site completely normal ^ ^' (besides a little extra gravel) While my dream was interesting I'm glad it would never actually happen! The entire site changing out of nowhere was scary ;^;
///////////tumblr_p5wzkf4NYZ1vamgqko1_100.png
DQR0xuP.png
FObX7rS.png
HdmxfuE.png
5hF3FGk.png
Pgv53XB.png
R5gBjNt.png ////////ebwdsO1.png
I had an April Fools dream too lmao??? except what happened was the top banner of the site with the guardian and mirror and whatnot was replaced with art of the Sea of Ten Thousand Currents, and it was empty. Like ghost town (ghost sea?). And the Flight Rising logo in the top left was gone. And the front page was just announcement after announcement with art of all the regions except there were no dragons, it was like they had all disappeared.

Flipping ODD I'll tell you.
I had an April Fools dream too lmao??? except what happened was the top banner of the site with the guardian and mirror and whatnot was replaced with art of the Sea of Ten Thousand Currents, and it was empty. Like ghost town (ghost sea?). And the Flight Rising logo in the top left was gone. And the front page was just announcement after announcement with art of all the regions except there were no dragons, it was like they had all disappeared.

Flipping ODD I'll tell you.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@DeathbyPixelz higher beings that sounds horrifying. like some arg thing.

i had a weird april fools dream where the egg drop rate was increased drastically... but there were like thirty more made up dragon eggs and none of the actual ones dropped (except for arcane. don't know why) like one was this glittery pink monstrosity, another was plegg but blue and yellow, then there were like dead eggs from before but as actual egg items. very strange
@DeathbyPixelz higher beings that sounds horrifying. like some arg thing.

i had a weird april fools dream where the egg drop rate was increased drastically... but there were like thirty more made up dragon eggs and none of the actual ones dropped (except for arcane. don't know why) like one was this glittery pink monstrosity, another was plegg but blue and yellow, then there were like dead eggs from before but as actual egg items. very strange
goooooooood evening!!!
(want me to draw your dragon??? i can do that) (for free) (for now) (i just need practice)
wishlist
honestly? all of these sound amazing to me

maybe only if you had to opt IN to getting pranked instead of opting out, since I'd imagine these would freak a lot of people out, but seriously an april fools event with all of the above happening at once (especially the first post) sounds like an amazing time to me
honestly? all of these sound amazing to me

maybe only if you had to opt IN to getting pranked instead of opting out, since I'd imagine these would freak a lot of people out, but seriously an april fools event with all of the above happening at once (especially the first post) sounds like an amazing time to me
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I had a weird april fools dream that I logged on and all the dragons were suddenly pie themed, like were chibi and sitting in pies with blueberries and other fruits stuck to them (they seemed to be very happy about it), and had a cute sanrio like art style, it was actually a very nice dream!
I had a weird april fools dream that I logged on and all the dragons were suddenly pie themed, like were chibi and sitting in pies with blueberries and other fruits stuck to them (they seemed to be very happy about it), and had a cute sanrio like art style, it was actually a very nice dream!