Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Straight and Cis Vistas
So, as a member of the community who would be using one of the already-released vistas personally, I have been wondering about posting this because, frankly, it bothers me?

FR is a great place. We generally don't have any reason to not be who we are here. Very accepting. Good job, everyone. I can honestly say I do not need pride here. This is, I think, the goal.

That's why the vistas situation really rubs me the wrong way. Because the vistas are about showing what we are. About, if you will, labeling ourselves. So you know what that means? That means our straight and cis friends apparently don't need labels.

They reinforce the idea that Straight is Standard. And uh. Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

I'm not sure what the flags would be for these things - I wouldn't use one of them myself. I'm sure there are some genuinely-intended flags for these identities, and I'd like to see that.

Especially because I was considering the idea of using these for dragon bios and if I had just all of my dragon bios displaying the correct sexuality flag then the straight ones would get, I guess... any other vista! So we're just left to assume that my "unlabeled dragons" are straight. And if you don't think that's odd, I don't know what to tell you.

As an additional bonus, maybe we get more of that sweet background that all the ribbons shared.
So, as a member of the community who would be using one of the already-released vistas personally, I have been wondering about posting this because, frankly, it bothers me?

FR is a great place. We generally don't have any reason to not be who we are here. Very accepting. Good job, everyone. I can honestly say I do not need pride here. This is, I think, the goal.

That's why the vistas situation really rubs me the wrong way. Because the vistas are about showing what we are. About, if you will, labeling ourselves. So you know what that means? That means our straight and cis friends apparently don't need labels.

They reinforce the idea that Straight is Standard. And uh. Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

I'm not sure what the flags would be for these things - I wouldn't use one of them myself. I'm sure there are some genuinely-intended flags for these identities, and I'd like to see that.

Especially because I was considering the idea of using these for dragon bios and if I had just all of my dragon bios displaying the correct sexuality flag then the straight ones would get, I guess... any other vista! So we're just left to assume that my "unlabeled dragons" are straight. And if you don't think that's odd, I don't know what to tell you.

As an additional bonus, maybe we get more of that sweet background that all the ribbons shared.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
the vistas are lgbt+ pride vistas, not identity label vistas for everyone.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2023-03-30 13:46:56" ] the vistas are lgbt+ pride vistas, not identity label vistas for everyone. [/quote] I know. That's the suggestion. And I'll be honest: for me, it's just for my dragons to not feel so uh. Weird. And I know it is a personal choice to make all my dragons be uniform in vista like that, but I feel like it's not too-bizarre a desire? Uniformity is nice. Look at all the mono-breed or mono-aesthetic lairs. Because if I want to label all my lesbian dragons with the appropriate vista (all of them with the same vista - what a savings), and etc, then that means my straight dragons get... any ol' vista. It's weird okay. It's weird. And I don't like it.
Ralzakark wrote on 2023-03-30 13:46:56:
I know. That's the suggestion.

And I'll be honest: for me, it's just for my dragons to not feel so uh. Weird. And I know it is a personal choice to make all my dragons be uniform in vista like that, but I feel like it's not too-bizarre a desire? Uniformity is nice. Look at all the mono-breed or mono-aesthetic lairs. Because if I want to label all my lesbian dragons with the appropriate vista (all of them with the same vista - what a savings), and etc, then that means my straight dragons get... any ol' vista.

It's weird okay. It's weird. And I don't like it.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
So many things I want to say but [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-03-30 13:39:15" ] So we're just left to assume that my "unlabeled dragons" are straight. And if you don't think that's odd, I don't know what to tell you. [/quote] I think... the only odd thing here is this assumption? That you assume everyone else will be making? Do you assume people with any vista aside from the pride ones on the forums considered straight and cis as well, and if not, why can't that apply to your dragons?
So many things I want to say but

Almedha wrote on 2023-03-30 13:39:15:
So we're just left to assume that my "unlabeled dragons" are straight. And if you don't think that's odd, I don't know what to tell you.

I think... the only odd thing here is this assumption? That you assume everyone else will be making? Do you assume people with any vista aside from the pride ones on the forums considered straight and cis as well, and if not, why can't that apply to your dragons?
H0mc65a.png
august
ENG / CN
skin shop

       
From what I remember, there’s a lot of issues within the real world that won’t be appropriate to discuss on FR considering real world events (at least I think that’s a thing). So, the most I can do is suggest to research this stuff. I don’t think you really have a bad intention, but these were made with a bad intention.
From what I remember, there’s a lot of issues within the real world that won’t be appropriate to discuss on FR considering real world events (at least I think that’s a thing). So, the most I can do is suggest to research this stuff. I don’t think you really have a bad intention, but these were made with a bad intention.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Hello everyone! Thank you for your feedback, but we do ask that suggestions of this nature—where they can quickly become highly personal and off-topic discussions/discourse about real world issues that impact real people, and not about the game itself—be submitted to us directly through Contact Us. Thank you for understanding!
Hello everyone! Thank you for your feedback, but we do ask that suggestions of this nature—where they can quickly become highly personal and off-topic discussions/discourse about real world issues that impact real people, and not about the game itself—be submitted to us directly through Contact Us. Thank you for understanding!