Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ23] Mistral Meals - Closed
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
HOLY BINDER I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS THAT LONG I AM SO SORRY

I am so so sorry for thag giant wall of text i just spat out i hope its ok, i can edit/delete if u want i just got carried away roleplaying my dergs, most of it is stalling and personality establishment anyways so it wouldnt be too much of a hassle to delete
HOLY BINDER I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS THAT LONG I AM SO SORRY

I am so so sorry for thag giant wall of text i just spat out i hope its ok, i can edit/delete if u want i just got carried away roleplaying my dergs, most of it is stalling and personality establishment anyways so it wouldnt be too much of a hassle to delete
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
[center][b]Daily Activity[/b][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23930544][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/239306/23930544_350.png[/img][/url] On the mural Umbra will make a doodle on whatever bit of free space she can find- a pink and purple heart with yellow curlicues coming off of it. She'll surround it with a blue bubble of color. She just wanted to make a pretty doodle, and slowly embellished on it with colors and shapes she found pleasant.
Daily Activity

23930544_350.png

On the mural Umbra will make a doodle on whatever bit of free space she can find- a pink and purple heart with yellow curlicues coming off of it. She'll surround it with a blue bubble of color. She just wanted to make a pretty doodle, and slowly embellished on it with colors and shapes she found pleasant.
RDQLrp3.pngK6TNbNL.pngvdGVLiw.pngLrK9u2q.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4279545][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/42796/4279545_350.png[/img][/url] Another year, another Jamboree, and most importantly for Stormcloud, another Mistral Meals! She dusted the last crumbs of another contestant's curry puffs off her snout and nodded politely at Carcinoma across the stone counter. So many accomplished patissiers this time. Pastry makes her think of dessert. Dessert makes her think of sweets. Sweets make her think of lollipops... she grabs extra [item=Miniature Potash Peach], [item=Bamboo Leaves], [item=Bamboo Shoot], and [item=Cucumber]. [quote] [u][b][size=5]Sweet And Sour Ceviche Hopper Poppers[/b][/u][/size] Remove innards from Puddlehoppers and marinate in Miniature Potash Peach juice. [item=Puddlehopper] [item=Miniature Potash Peach] Carve Bamboo Shoot into long skewers. [item=Bamboo Shoot] Slap Gamy Shockshank to set off rigor mortis kick response. Use kick force to crack open the ribs of a roasted Shredded Rambra Carcass and extract the marrow. [item=Gamy Shockshank] [item=Shredded Rambra Carcass] Pick out meat bits from Meaty Cotton Candy. Form a mixture with Rambra marrow and stuff the Puddlehoppers. Wrap in Bamboo Leaves and roast, to prevent burning the delicate exterior. [item=Bamboo Leaves] Remove Bamboo Leaves, place on Bamboo Shoot skewers, and twirl Meaty-removed Cotton Candy until it forms a thick coating around the poppers. Carefully melt exterior so it forms a crisp shell. [item=Meaty Cotton Candy] Cut the Cucumber into chunks. Freeze, then blend with remaining scraps of cotton candy to make a refreshing smoothie that helps cut through the richness of the poppers. [item=Cucumber] [/quote] Whoof, controlling her flames so the sugar didn't burn was hard work! She could do with some cucumber smoothie herself. Good thing there was plenty leftover.
4279545_350.png

Another year, another Jamboree, and most importantly for Stormcloud, another Mistral Meals! She dusted the last crumbs of another contestant's curry puffs off her snout and nodded politely at Carcinoma across the stone counter. So many accomplished patissiers this time. Pastry makes her think of dessert. Dessert makes her think of sweets. Sweets make her think of lollipops... she grabs extra Miniature Potash Peach , Bamboo Leaves , Bamboo Shoot , and Cucumber .
Quote:
Sweet And Sour Ceviche Hopper Poppers

Remove innards from Puddlehoppers and marinate in Miniature Potash Peach juice.

Puddlehopper Miniature Potash Peach

Carve Bamboo Shoot into long skewers.

Bamboo Shoot

Slap Gamy Shockshank to set off rigor mortis kick response. Use kick force to crack open the ribs of a roasted Shredded Rambra Carcass and extract the marrow.

Gamy Shockshank Shredded Rambra Carcass

Pick out meat bits from Meaty Cotton Candy. Form a mixture with Rambra marrow and stuff the Puddlehoppers. Wrap in Bamboo Leaves and roast, to prevent burning the delicate exterior.

Bamboo Leaves

Remove Bamboo Leaves, place on Bamboo Shoot skewers, and twirl Meaty-removed Cotton Candy until it forms a thick coating around the poppers. Carefully melt exterior so it forms a crisp shell.

Meaty Cotton Candy

Cut the Cucumber into chunks. Freeze, then blend with remaining scraps of cotton candy to make a refreshing smoothie that helps cut through the richness of the poppers.

Cucumber

Whoof, controlling her flames so the sugar didn't burn was hard work! She could do with some cucumber smoothie herself. Good thing there was plenty leftover.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84957367][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849574/84957367_350.png[/img][/url] [quote=Round 1] We're celebrating our Harpy neighbors this year, and we want to make sure we make a good impression! Turns out I have more in common with them than I originaly thought, as we're all obligate carnivores. So lets kick this Jamboree off with the best meat dishes you can offer! Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item=Shredded Rambra Carcass][item=puddlehopper][item=meaty cotton candy][item=gamy shockshank] Shredded Rambra Carcass / Puddlehopper / Meaty Cotton Candy / Gamy Shockshank [/center] [/quote] "oh gosh oh gosh, meat? what am I supposed to do with meat?" Borealis proclaims as he looks at the ingredients before him. After some contemplating he decides to use the [b]Shredded Rambra Carcass[/b], [b]Meaty Cotton Candy[/b], and [b]Pudlehopper[/b]. He picks the meat off of the Cotton Candy, as well as the Shredded Rambra Carcass. He then filets the Puddlehoper. He cooks everything up with a nice array of spices, and creates a sauce using Clover, Honeycomb Fragments, and a Honeycrisp Apple. He then places the meat from the carcass and cotton candy on top of the fileted Puddlehopper. Borealis then drizzles the sauce he made over the stacked meat, and presents it. He eats the leftover cotton candy, happy with himself for pulling something together.
84957367_350.png
Round 1 wrote:

We're celebrating our Harpy neighbors this year, and we want to make sure we make a good impression! Turns out I have more in common with them than I originaly thought, as we're all obligate carnivores. So lets kick this Jamboree off with the best meat dishes you can offer!

Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Shredded Rambra Carcass Puddlehopper Meaty Cotton Candy Gamy Shockshank
Shredded Rambra Carcass / Puddlehopper / Meaty Cotton Candy / Gamy Shockshank

"oh gosh oh gosh, meat? what am I supposed to do with meat?" Borealis proclaims as he looks at the ingredients before him.

After some contemplating he decides to use the Shredded Rambra Carcass, Meaty Cotton Candy, and Pudlehopper.

He picks the meat off of the Cotton Candy, as well as the Shredded Rambra Carcass. He then filets the Puddlehoper. He cooks everything up with a nice array of spices, and creates a sauce using Clover, Honeycomb Fragments, and a Honeycrisp Apple. He then places the meat from the carcass and cotton candy on top of the fileted Puddlehopper.

Borealis then drizzles the sauce he made over the stacked meat, and presents it.

He eats the leftover cotton candy, happy with himself for pulling something together.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76060591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/760606/76060591_350.png[/img][/url] Neptune looks at the available ingredients. Most of them look like offal from an old beast - there's no way he's making that look pretty. He also has frogs and some sugar-stuffed candied meat. He scoops up some water in a cauldron, then starts a small fire. He sets up a spit and attaches the cauldron to there, bringing it to the boil. He pours in some [gamedb item=7573] and a bit of [gamedb item=25760], which will lose any potential harmful properties after having been cooked. He uses a Harpy-made knife to cut up the [gamedb item=28136] and the [gamedb item=28189] into small, edible chunks, then tosses them into the broth. He keeps the bones and bits of muscle tissue, which he can extract later. Tossing in some extra flavour, he adds [gamedb item=36316], [gamedb item=3546], [gamedb item=3411], some [gamedb item=1136]s to add texture, and of course some [gamedb item=22399], as he loves fish. Once the broth is steaming, he puts on a heatproof glove and extracts the bones. He takes the glove off and tosses the [gamedb item=6539] on top as a garnish with some [gamedb item=16040]. He keeps it in the cauldron, which he lifts off the spit before putting out the fire and carrying it over to the judges to present as a nice soup, perfect for winter, and best served with bread. However, he stumbles across a massive mural, full of painted sketches and writing. Fascinated, he walks over to a corner with not much on it. He dips his claw in the black paint and begins to sketch. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tcu8TrE.png[/img] Content with his work despite the paint-blotches across it, he leaves to make a second portion for himself.
76060591_350.png

Neptune looks at the available ingredients. Most of them look like offal from an old beast - there's no way he's making that look pretty. He also has frogs and some sugar-stuffed candied meat.

He scoops up some water in a cauldron, then starts a small fire. He sets up a spit and attaches the cauldron to there, bringing it to the boil. He pours in some Vegetable Oil and a bit of Amber Algae, which will lose any potential harmful properties after having been cooked.

He uses a Harpy-made knife to cut up the Shredded Rambra Carcass and the Gamy Shockshank into small, edible chunks, then tosses them into the broth. He keeps the bones and bits of muscle tissue, which he can extract later.

Tossing in some extra flavour, he adds Bittercrisp Apples, Sour Strawberry, Cinnamon, some Sunkernels to add texture, and of course some Rosy Similis, as he loves fish.

Once the broth is steaming, he puts on a heatproof glove and extracts the bones. He takes the glove off and tosses the Puddlehopper on top as a garnish with some Cindermint. He keeps it in the cauldron, which he lifts off the spit before putting out the fire and carrying it over to the judges to present as a nice soup, perfect for winter, and best served with bread.

However, he stumbles across a massive mural, full of painted sketches and writing. Fascinated, he walks over to a corner with not much on it. He dips his claw in the black paint and begins to sketch.

Tcu8TrE.png

Content with his work despite the paint-blotches across it, he leaves to make a second portion for himself.
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84957355][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849574/84957355_350.png[/img][/url] [quote=Day 1] Harpies can't leave a surface un-decorated, and what's more fun than a communal art project? For today's activity, tell us what your dragon contributes to this chaotic mural? A fantastic work of art? A scribble hidden in the corner? A haiku in the best caligraphy they can muster? [/quote] Brunt had accompanied her partner Borealis to this competition, but wasn't going to compete, so she figured why not join the daily fun! She walks up to the mural on the wall, art was one of her favorite things to do in her free time! She decides exactly what she's going to do. For the next few hours she spends her time sketching, painting, and putting the finishing touches on a beautiful portrait of herself and Borealis. Stepping away from it with a huff, she admires her work with a smile. "Perfect!"
84957355_350.png
Day 1 wrote:

Harpies can't leave a surface un-decorated, and what's more fun than a communal art project?

For today's activity, tell us what your dragon contributes to this chaotic mural? A fantastic work of art? A scribble hidden in the corner? A haiku in the best caligraphy they can muster?

Brunt had accompanied her partner Borealis to this competition, but wasn't going to compete, so she figured why not join the daily fun!

She walks up to the mural on the wall, art was one of her favorite things to do in her free time! She decides exactly what she's going to do.

For the next few hours she spends her time sketching, painting, and putting the finishing touches on a beautiful portrait of herself and Borealis.

Stepping away from it with a huff, she admires her work with a smile. "Perfect!"
[center]Daily Activity Day 1[/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20336876][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/203369/20336876_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Sukh had time, after the cooking challenge was done for the day, so she headed to explore the rest of the festivities. The bright blur of color attracted her to the mural, the Coatl going close enough that her snout was nearly pressed against the wall as she tried to see everything that was added with her limited eyesight. She decided to add something too, dipping her claws in some paint and starting to draw. She drew a small Water rune, an Earth rune being added after, and a Wind rune following. The first clan she'd been accepted in, her home clan, and a Wind rune honoring their hosts. Pleased, she wiped her claws clean and went off to explore further.
Daily Activity Day 1
20336876_350.png

Sukh had time, after the cooking challenge was done for the day, so she headed to explore the rest of the festivities. The bright blur of color attracted her to the mural, the Coatl going close enough that her snout was nearly pressed against the wall as she tried to see everything that was added with her limited eyesight. She decided to add something too, dipping her claws in some paint and starting to draw. She drew a small Water rune, an Earth rune being added after, and a Wind rune following. The first clan she'd been accepted in, her home clan, and a Wind rune honoring their hosts. Pleased, she wiped her claws clean and went off to explore further.
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
[center][b]Daily Activity Day 1[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33787248][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/337873/33787248_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Wherever there were festival activities, Flambaby was sure not to be too far away. The Mistral Meals were no different--when he heard that Izzy would be representing their clan in the competition, Flambaby had insisted he be allowed to come along. His family had put up little more than a token protest, knowing by now that if the little Tundra had his mind set on something, he'd find a way to get it, so with Izzy's assurances that she'd keep an eye on him, he'd been given the go-ahead. The chef in question had already started prepping for her dish, and as it only involved meat, Flambaby had quickly lost interest and started wandering the premises. While he never missed an opportunity to attend festival events, he had a particularly specific motivation this time around: the rumours he'd heard of a new (old? He guessed that technically they were actually really really old) species of dragons that had come falling right out of the sky! The last time this had happened several of the new-old dragons had rather quickly found their clan and made themselves at home, but so far, that hadn't been the case this time around. So it was with baited breath that Flambaby walked at the outskirts of the event, wide eyes searching, finally letting out an excited squeak when he spotted a large, colourful mural that had several dragons working in front of it--including one the likes of which he'd never seen before. Strong, red wings kept them in the air; a brown belly accentuated their long, thick tail that looked as if it could knock him out with a single smack if so inclined; and, to Flambaby's delighted surprise, a beautiful, fluffy golden coat that looked almost as cosy as his mom's. He wondered if they would be offended if he asked if he could snuggle in it. He trotted over, nearly tripping over himself as he couldn't tear his eyes away from them, finally forcing himself to look around when he found himself surrounded by paints and pigments of all kinds, and too many brushes to count. Flambaby thought long and hard, then grinned as the idea struck him, and he dove for a brush, clenching it tight between his teeth. These dragons had come from the stars, the rumours said. So if he wanted to signal that their lair was a place that welcomed them, all he had to do was communicate that, right? He squinted at the mural as he worked first with purples (Arcane dragons liked purple, right?), then a fiery orange-red, to finally switch to a yellow that was so bright it was almost white, filling up the center of the, admittedly slightly sloppy (it was tricky to paint with your mouth!), star that had now joined the other decorations on the mural. Stepping back, Flambaby added a final touch, scribbling a few words below his creation. [center][i]The Revanchists welcome you ♥[/i][/center] Satisfied, the little Tundra grinned. Surely a few of the new new-old dragons would see this and come visit them now. He couldn't wait. -- [size=2]I didn't mean to have this be so long help[/size]
Daily Activity Day 1

33787248_350.png

Wherever there were festival activities, Flambaby was sure not to be too far away. The Mistral Meals were no different--when he heard that Izzy would be representing their clan in the competition, Flambaby had insisted he be allowed to come along. His family had put up little more than a token protest, knowing by now that if the little Tundra had his mind set on something, he'd find a way to get it, so with Izzy's assurances that she'd keep an eye on him, he'd been given the go-ahead.

The chef in question had already started prepping for her dish, and as it only involved meat, Flambaby had quickly lost interest and started wandering the premises. While he never missed an opportunity to attend festival events, he had a particularly specific motivation this time around: the rumours he'd heard of a new (old? He guessed that technically they were actually really really old) species of dragons that had come falling right out of the sky!

The last time this had happened several of the new-old dragons had rather quickly found their clan and made themselves at home, but so far, that hadn't been the case this time around.

So it was with baited breath that Flambaby walked at the outskirts of the event, wide eyes searching, finally letting out an excited squeak when he spotted a large, colourful mural that had several dragons working in front of it--including one the likes of which he'd never seen before. Strong, red wings kept them in the air; a brown belly accentuated their long, thick tail that looked as if it could knock him out with a single smack if so inclined; and, to Flambaby's delighted surprise, a beautiful, fluffy golden coat that looked almost as cosy as his mom's. He wondered if they would be offended if he asked if he could snuggle in it.

He trotted over, nearly tripping over himself as he couldn't tear his eyes away from them, finally forcing himself to look around when he found himself surrounded by paints and pigments of all kinds, and too many brushes to count. Flambaby thought long and hard, then grinned as the idea struck him, and he dove for a brush, clenching it tight between his teeth.

These dragons had come from the stars, the rumours said. So if he wanted to signal that their lair was a place that welcomed them, all he had to do was communicate that, right? He squinted at the mural as he worked first with purples (Arcane dragons liked purple, right?), then a fiery orange-red, to finally switch to a yellow that was so bright it was almost white, filling up the center of the, admittedly slightly sloppy (it was tricky to paint with your mouth!), star that had now joined the other decorations on the mural.

Stepping back, Flambaby added a final touch, scribbling a few words below his creation.
The Revanchists
welcome you ♥

Satisfied, the little Tundra grinned. Surely a few of the new new-old dragons would see this and come visit them now. He couldn't wait.

--

I didn't mean to have this be so long help
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
(Missed sign-ups for this--but I have a full-time library job now, so I doubt I would have had much free time to write entire recipes out anyway. Next year!) [quote]Harpies can't leave a surface un-decorated, and what's more fun than a communal art project? For today's activity, tell us what your dragon contributes to this chaotic mural? A fantastic work of art? A scribble hidden in the corner? A haiku in the best caligraphy they can muster?[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84920517][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849206/84920517_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Having snuck away from his chaperone, Snickerdoodle approached the tiny mural with a small coo, looking over its rather chaotic nature for a moment before suddenly remembering something. From behind his back, he produced a small rock, laying it under the mural proper. The main feature was a tiny painted Bumble with a crooked smile painted onto its cheery face, but below it was perhaps the most adorable feature--BEE HAPPY, it read, in childishly scrawled letters. ...Okay, so perhaps he didn't get the [i]entire[/i] gist of contributing to the mural, but he was trying his best.
(Missed sign-ups for this--but I have a full-time library job now, so I doubt I would have had much free time to write entire recipes out anyway. Next year!)
Quote:
Harpies can't leave a surface un-decorated, and what's more fun than a communal art project?

For today's activity, tell us what your dragon contributes to this chaotic mural? A fantastic work of art? A scribble hidden in the corner? A haiku in the best caligraphy they can muster?
84920517_350.png

Having snuck away from his chaperone, Snickerdoodle approached the tiny mural with a small coo, looking over its rather chaotic nature for a moment before suddenly remembering something. From behind his back, he produced a small rock, laying it under the mural proper. The main feature was a tiny painted Bumble with a crooked smile painted onto its cheery face, but below it was perhaps the most adorable feature--BEE HAPPY, it read, in childishly scrawled letters.

...Okay, so perhaps he didn't get the entire gist of contributing to the mural, but he was trying his best.

6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
(Should prolly interact with the daily too huh) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79776757][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797768/79776757_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84825174][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/848252/84825174_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80898918][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/808990/80898918_350.png[/img][/url] As the three finish preparing their dish they spot other dragons going up to agiant mural against a blank side of the cave wall. There is a sign that welcomes all to draw onto it. The trio of stick dragons seem drawn to it like a moth to a lamp, claws twitching with the sudden, instincual urge to [i]create.[/i]. They nod to each other in their trance and begin working on a collabrative piece, no bickering, hell not a single word is exchanged between them as they silently paint. Doorsguy is first, dipping his tail into ink to create the outline. Next is The Imitator, who notices a tundra beside him crafting expertly and decides to shift into a fluffier form, bringing much needed colour into the piece. Micwizard is last, adding the final magical touch with the runes, making the whole thing glow like starlight. The three sit back and admire their work. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/807416810747461644/1089731245111513219/Untitled83_20230326195851.png[/img]
(Should prolly interact with the daily too huh)

79776757_350.png

84825174_350.png

80898918_350.png

As the three finish preparing their dish they spot other dragons going up to agiant mural against a blank side of the cave wall. There is a sign that welcomes all to draw onto it. The trio of stick dragons seem drawn to it like a moth to a lamp, claws twitching with the sudden, instincual urge to create.. They nod to each other in their trance and begin working on a collabrative piece, no bickering, hell not a single word is exchanged between them as they silently paint. Doorsguy is first, dipping his tail into ink to create the outline. Next is The Imitator, who notices a tundra beside him crafting expertly and decides to shift into a fluffier form, bringing much needed colour into the piece. Micwizard is last, adding the final magical touch with the runes, making the whole thing glow like starlight. The three sit back and admire their work.

Untitled83_20230326195851.png

beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25