Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | But what day? (Update)
1 2 3 4
My guess is Tuesday. Usually we see maintenance announced 24-48 days before release and it feels like there should be a third image at minimum since the Tundra and Spiral look very concerned by the meteor splitting up into fragments. If they look confused now, there's going to be a follow-up image showing them scared out of their minds by something bad happening. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/quick-make-a-wish.png[/img] I currently don't think there's a fourth teaser. This feels like the calm before the storm and we're going to get "the storm" teaser tomorrow but not the dragon yet. Since it's currently 3:49PM in FR time, if there's no maintenance announced tonight then it's definitely Tuesday at least, unless staff completely forgot to post the site status. [quote name="keet" date="2023-03-19 14:59:11" ] I'm not sure take everything I say with a grain of salt, I could be entirely wrong my overall impressions of this so far? It's not a new ancient. I've been here for nearly 9 years, and specific releases have specific patterns to them. Ancients usually only get like 1 thing the day before and then they get released. The fact that this is now into day 2 means to me that we've got something else coming it reminds me a bit of how bogsneaks were released actually. It took a couple of days where Baldwin was slowly turning into a bogsneak and there was this whole thread following the art changes on a day by day basis, and obelisks were a similar deal but with the dustcarve dig if it is an ancient, idk why this one would get more hype (more days) than the other ones my money's on: -either a new modern breed, but chances are low since obbies are relatively recent -new feature on the site that's going to major impact gameplay and I guess to answer your original question, I'm not sure how long it could take? The Baldwin thing was like 3-5 days total, I don't remember an exact number tho, and I remember other releases for anniversary being hyped continously for roughly 3 days before as well, so I guess whatever is coming within this upcoming week for sure, at the soonest tomorrow, at the latest, idk like wednesday? [/quote] Undertides had 2 weeks of teases. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3183742]The Deepsea Dive digsite update thread[/url] said that the dragons discovered something and that something new was coming within a fortnight. The animated gif with the glowing blue eyes came later, so the short duration between it and Undertide release was a bit warranted. It would be nuts if it was a new modern because that implies the carousel stream was a tease in disguise. [img]https://i.imgur.com/0jKqlqn.png[/img] If we get 4 teasers then I will be screaming about modern dragons since it would be 1:1 with Obelisk teases and those cursed little black squares would be no more. /light-hearted
My guess is Tuesday.

Usually we see maintenance announced 24-48 days before release and it feels like there should be a third image at minimum since the Tundra and Spiral look very concerned by the meteor splitting up into fragments. If they look confused now, there's going to be a follow-up image showing them scared out of their minds by something bad happening.

quick-make-a-wish.png
I currently don't think there's a fourth teaser. This feels like the calm before the storm and we're going to get "the storm" teaser tomorrow but not the dragon yet.

Since it's currently 3:49PM in FR time, if there's no maintenance announced tonight then it's definitely Tuesday at least, unless staff completely forgot to post the site status.
keet wrote on 2023-03-19 14:59:11:
I'm not sure

take everything I say with a grain of salt, I could be entirely wrong

my overall impressions of this so far? It's not a new ancient.
I've been here for nearly 9 years, and specific releases have specific patterns to them. Ancients usually only get like 1 thing the day before and then they get released. The fact that this is now into day 2 means to me that we've got something else coming

it reminds me a bit of how bogsneaks were released actually. It took a couple of days where Baldwin was slowly turning into a bogsneak and there was this whole thread following the art changes on a day by day basis, and obelisks were a similar deal but with the dustcarve dig

if it is an ancient, idk why this one would get more hype (more days) than the other ones

my money's on:
-either a new modern breed, but chances are low since obbies are relatively recent
-new feature on the site that's going to major impact gameplay

and I guess to answer your original question, I'm not sure how long it could take? The Baldwin thing was like 3-5 days total, I don't remember an exact number tho, and I remember other releases for anniversary being hyped continously for roughly 3 days before as well, so I guess whatever is coming within this upcoming week for sure, at the soonest tomorrow, at the latest, idk like wednesday?
Undertides had 2 weeks of teases. The Deepsea Dive digsite update thread said that the dragons discovered something and that something new was coming within a fortnight. The animated gif with the glowing blue eyes came later, so the short duration between it and Undertide release was a bit warranted.

It would be nuts if it was a new modern because that implies the carousel stream was a tease in disguise.

0jKqlqn.png

If we get 4 teasers then I will be screaming about modern dragons since it would be 1:1 with Obelisk teases and those cursed little black squares would be no more. /light-hearted
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
I would say hopefully Monday, but Tuesday seems more likely. There should also be other maintenance on Tuesday if I remember right
I would say hopefully Monday, but Tuesday seems more likely. There should also be other maintenance on Tuesday if I remember right
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
Unrelated but I bet the third teaser will be the comets becoming a silhouette of the ancient and titled something along the lines of “oh no what’s happening?!”
Unrelated but I bet the third teaser will be the comets becoming a silhouette of the ancient and titled something along the lines of “oh no what’s happening?!”
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
this is less of a guess and more of an observation but I realized tomorrow is the vernal equinox, and since something is falling to the planet or something...youve heard of nuclear winter get ready for [size=4]nuclear spring[/size] [img]https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5f07e64b122ca1020e14d5fe/1595981709203-RSVHVXXKU3P2FGZQJOU8/bee+sketch+1.jpg[/img] [size=1] illustration from "Bee" by Shaun Tan
this is less of a guess and more of an observation but I realized tomorrow is the vernal equinox, and since something is falling to the planet or something...youve heard of nuclear winter get ready for nuclear spring

bee+sketch+1.jpg

illustration from "Bee" by Shaun Tan
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
i really hope it’s not on tuesday cause i have to take the act then :agony:
i really hope it’s not on tuesday cause i have to take the act then :agony:
oh also I just realized that mistjam submissions end late on thursday, so can you imagine the amount of last minute submissions on a new breed if it comes out next couple days
oh also I just realized that mistjam submissions end late on thursday, so can you imagine the amount of last minute submissions on a new breed if it comes out next couple days
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Tuesday makes sense to me, given the lack of maint announcement.

It's also definitely a new breed. Staff are very careful to shut down excessive speculation when it isn't one. Given that a new modern would a) have more associated with it and b) be basically impossible so soon, it's got to be an ancient.
Tuesday makes sense to me, given the lack of maint announcement.

It's also definitely a new breed. Staff are very careful to shut down excessive speculation when it isn't one. Given that a new modern would a) have more associated with it and b) be basically impossible so soon, it's got to be an ancient.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2023-03-19 14:49:09" ] it was around a day between undertides' teaser and release, so id expect it sooner than later, but i didnt actually consider the maintenance . . . hrm looking around seems like other ancients also tended to drop a day after the teaser. at least veilspun did [/quote] Gaolers and Banescales: back-to-back teasers, maintenance announcement two days later. Veilspuns and onward: maintenance announcement with a teaser posted the next day. (We'd already had a bit of an earlier teaser with Undertides due to the Arlo plot release.)
PixelSpiral wrote on 2023-03-19 14:49:09:
it was around a day between undertides' teaser and release, so id expect it sooner than later, but i didnt actually consider the maintenance . . . hrm
looking around seems like other ancients also tended to drop a day after the teaser. at least veilspun did

Gaolers and Banescales: back-to-back teasers, maintenance announcement two days later.

Veilspuns and onward: maintenance announcement with a teaser posted the next day. (We'd already had a bit of an earlier teaser with Undertides due to the Arlo plot release.)
4fDk2WySUrAvwAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
fXqB1J8.png
I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday since there hasn't been a maintenance announcement yet. Plus there was a second teaser post today, so there might be a third teaser tomorrow? Either way I'm excited!
I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday since there hasn't been a maintenance announcement yet. Plus there was a second teaser post today, so there might be a third teaser tomorrow? Either way I'm excited!
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png
It would honestly be pretty cool if the hints went on for a while but I also love getting new things as soon as possible so... No matter what I'm happy.
It would honestly be pretty cool if the hints went on for a while but I also love getting new things as soon as possible so... No matter what I'm happy.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
1 2 3 4