Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | tag organize scries+outfits (w/ images)
in the dressing room and predict morphology, the number of outfits & scries you have can get to be a lot to manage. the search function by name is useful, but what if you want to see all of your outfits for skydancers? or if you want to see all of your morphology scries that have vivid colors? my solution is:[u] being able to "tag" each outfit/scry with none, one, or multiple custom filters![/u] in this search function, you would be able to toggle on and off these different filters, [u]similar to filtering genes in the dragon auction house[/u]. you can also apply and make new tags when you're saving! [u]you can assign tags different colors[/u] - probably either choose from a very basic list (a small rainbow plus white, gray, brown, and MAYBE black - might have to turn the text white for that though) OR from a color selection based off of flight rising's gene color wheel. likely the first option or a mix of the two, though, you probably won't have enough tags to warrant the entire color wheel. [u]the tags would appear on the preview[/u] as well - i haven't exactly figured out a good placement for it yet, though. the last mockup image is an ideae of how they would appear in the preview, with the color and first letter of the tag, but i'm not totally taken with it. i did a base mockup with some inspect element and ms paint: [u]this is just for visualization, so please excuse the messiness![/u] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/753314974226710568/1082068640981061632/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/753314974226710568/1082074505490485348/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/753314974226710568/1082075927317594213/image.png[/img] [i](note: the "favorite" tag was actually not included in the second image listing all the tags, i just needed a non-yellow tag for this example and forgot to include one that would work in the second image)[/i] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/753314974226710568/1082077040041267300/image.png[/img] so... yeah! let me know if you have any ideas or questions or anything like that :] sharing + support is appreciated as well !
in the dressing room and predict morphology, the number of outfits & scries you have can get to be a lot to manage. the search function by name is useful, but what if you want to see all of your outfits for skydancers? or if you want to see all of your morphology scries that have vivid colors?

my solution is: being able to "tag" each outfit/scry with none, one, or multiple custom filters!

in this search function, you would be able to toggle on and off these different filters, similar to filtering genes in the dragon auction house. you can also apply and make new tags when you're saving!

you can assign tags different colors - probably either choose from a very basic list (a small rainbow plus white, gray, brown, and MAYBE black - might have to turn the text white for that though) OR from a color selection based off of flight rising's gene color wheel. likely the first option or a mix of the two, though, you probably won't have enough tags to warrant the entire color wheel.

the tags would appear on the preview as well - i haven't exactly figured out a good placement for it yet, though. the last mockup image is an ideae of how they would appear in the preview, with the color and first letter of the tag, but i'm not totally taken with it.

i did a base mockup with some inspect element and ms paint: this is just for visualization, so please excuse the messiness!

image.png

image.png

image.png
(note: the "favorite" tag was actually not included in the second image listing all the tags, i just needed a non-yellow tag for this example and forgot to include one that would work in the second image)

image.png

so... yeah! let me know if you have any ideas or questions or anything like that :] sharing + support is appreciated as well !
i want you to look back and see how far that we've all came
i want you to remember them
and carry on their name

mX6TeTF.png

personal quest // wishlist // CYOA thread
something like this would definitely be useful!

for me personally though i feel like much of the same functionality could be achieved just through the ablity to rearrange outfits like dragons (i.e. the ability to drag them into position, thus allowing you to group similar breed / aesthetics). i also think the benefit of the latter is that it reduces clicking (which is core tenant of ease-of-use / accessibility design).

if there were tags i'd have to click a drop down, control f / scroll down to the specific breed / color range(s) to find what i'm looking for. where if i have the ability to rearrange manually i drag the dragons into the position i want and never have to click anything again.

for me personally though i feel like much of the same functionality could be achieved just through the ablity to rearrange outfits like dragons (i.e. the ability to drag them into position, thus allowing you to group similar breed / aesthetics). i also think the benefit of the latter is that it reduces clicking (which is core tenant of ease-of-use / accessibility design).

if there were tags i'd have to click a drop down, control f / scroll down to the specific breed / color range(s) to find what i'm looking for. where if i have the ability to rearrange manually i drag the dragons into the position i want and never have to click anything again.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
[quote name="@marropo" date="2023-03-10 13:22:15" ] something like this would definitely be useful! for me personally though i feel like much of the same functionality could be achieved just through the ablity to rearrange outfits like dragons (i.e. the ability to drag them into position, thus allowing you to group similar breed / aesthetics). i also think the benefit of the latter is that it reduces clicking (which is core tenant of ease-of-use / accessibility design). if there were tags i'd have to click a drop down, control f / scroll down to the specific breed / color range(s) to find what i'm looking for. where if i have the ability to rearrange manually i drag the dragons into the position i want and never have to click anything again. [/quote] i see your point!! i do definitely agree that a drag-and-drop like lair organization would be way much simpler, and [i]ideally[/i] i'd really love to have both drag-and-drop [i]and[/i] something like this or lair tabs, but i've seen a bunch of suggestion threads along the drag-and-drop lines and wanted to provide an idea that i haven't seen around as much. the main aspect of a tagging system for me is that you can do multiple organization systems (ex: breed, color, aesthetic, etc) in one, while with drag-and-drop you could only have them in one place. although tbh if it were a hard choice between this and drag-and-drop i would probably choose drag-and-drop simply bc, like you said, it's a lot simpler and reduces confusion & effort - the point of introducing an organization system in the first place! thank you for your thoughts !! i really do appreciate it :] (you don't have to respond, just pinging in case you'd like to see my response)
@marropo wrote on 2023-03-10 13:22:15:

i see your point!! i do definitely agree that a drag-and-drop like lair organization would be way much simpler, and ideally i'd really love to have both drag-and-drop and something like this or lair tabs, but i've seen a bunch of suggestion threads along the drag-and-drop lines and wanted to provide an idea that i haven't seen around as much.

the main aspect of a tagging system for me is that you can do multiple organization systems (ex: breed, color, aesthetic, etc) in one, while with drag-and-drop you could only have them in one place.

although tbh if it were a hard choice between this and drag-and-drop i would probably choose drag-and-drop simply bc, like you said, it's a lot simpler and reduces confusion & effort - the point of introducing an organization system in the first place!

thank you for your thoughts !! i really do appreciate it :]
(you don't have to respond, just pinging in case you'd like to see my response)
i want you to look back and see how far that we've all came
i want you to remember them
and carry on their name

mX6TeTF.png

personal quest // wishlist // CYOA thread
Yes please! Any sort of organisation for outfits would be appreciated.

Personally, I prefer folders over tags. I'd make folders for each of my lair/den tabs and whenever I want to grab an outfit I would just scroll to that folder and open it. Tags can be useful too, though.
Yes please! Any sort of organisation for outfits would be appreciated.

Personally, I prefer folders over tags. I'd make folders for each of my lair/den tabs and whenever I want to grab an outfit I would just scroll to that folder and open it. Tags can be useful too, though.
Mqw5b1R.gif