Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Scrappers Build: No Mage Portal/Workshop
1 2
The Scrappers

No mages here! Introducing the Scrappers, a pair of fighters who easily dominate the Forbidden Portal and the Golem Workshop, including bosses.

I made this because I wanted to grind in level 25 venues, but didn't want to put in the brainpower of using a mage. I wanted something I could use completely no thoughts head empty.
The Scrappers

No mages here! Introducing the Scrappers, a pair of fighters who easily dominate the Forbidden Portal and the Golem Workshop, including bosses.

I made this because I wanted to grind in level 25 venues, but didn't want to put in the brainpower of using a mage. I wanted something I could use completely no thoughts head empty.
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
[center][b][size=5][size=5]The Build[/size][/size][/b][/center] [columns][size=5][b]Scrapper-[color=4a00df]Scratcher[/color][/b][/size] The [color=4a00df]Scratcher[/color] scratches enemies to lower their health for the [color=df7500]Eliminator[/color]. Elemental slash and contuse are important in boss battles. [b]Stats:[/b] STR 111 QCK 64 Put the rest in VIT [b]Elements:[/b] Shadow 2nd best is Water [nextcol][center][item=Scratch] [item=Mist Slash] [item=Contuse] [item=Shred] [item=Berserker] [item=Berserker] [item=Berserker] [item=Ambush] [item=Ambush] [color=transparent]__________________________________________________[/color][/columns] ----- [color=transparent]_[/color] [columns][center][item=Scratch] [item=Eliminate] [item=Rally] [item=Berserker] [item=Berserker] [item=Berserker] [item=Ambush] [item=Ambush] [color=transparent]__________________________________________________[/color][/center] [nextcol][size=5][b]Scrapper-[color=df7500]Eliminator[/color][/b][/size] The [color=df7500]Eliminator[/color] rallies and then eliminates the weakened enemies. [b]Stats:[/b] STR 111 QCK 64 Put the rest in VIT [b]Elements:[/b] Any But technically Fire is best [/columns]
The Build
Scrapper-Scratcher

The Scratcher scratches enemies to lower their health for the Eliminator.

Elemental slash and contuse are important in boss battles.

Stats:
STR 111
QCK 64
Put the rest in VIT

Elements:
Shadow
2nd best is Water

Scratch
Mist Slash Contuse Shred
Berserker Berserker Berserker
Ambush Ambush

_
Scratch
Eliminate Rally
Berserker Berserker Berserker
Ambush Ambush

The Eliminator rallies and then eliminates the weakened enemies.

Stats:
STR 111
QCK 64
Put the rest in VIT

Elements:
Any
But technically Fire is best
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
Tips on How to Use

Always arrange the team so the Scratcher goes before the Eliminator.
Always put a dragon in the 3rd slot to be trained.

First Battle

Scratch and scratch the same enemy until it faints. Repeat until you're able to eliminate, then feel free to use eliminate on the last enemy.
_

Normal Battle

Rally self. Scratch and eliminate each enemy.

Play by play with enemies A, B, and C:
Scratch A.
Scratch B.
Rally self.
Eliminate A.
Eliminate B.
Scratch C.
Enemies' turn.
Scratch C.
Eliminate C.
_

Boss Battle

Contuse the boss asap to reduce its damage by 25%.
3 of the 4 boss enemies will be weak to the Scratcher's elemental slash.
To ensure success, use a Health Potion or Major Health Potion when a Scrapper's health is low.
Tips on How to Use

Always arrange the team so the Scratcher goes before the Eliminator.
Always put a dragon in the 3rd slot to be trained.

First Battle

Scratch and scratch the same enemy until it faints. Repeat until you're able to eliminate, then feel free to use eliminate on the last enemy.
_

Normal Battle

Rally self. Scratch and eliminate each enemy.

Play by play with enemies A, B, and C:
Scratch A.
Scratch B.
Rally self.
Eliminate A.
Eliminate B.
Scratch C.
Enemies' turn.
Scratch C.
Eliminate C.
_

Boss Battle

Contuse the boss asap to reduce its damage by 25%.
3 of the 4 boss enemies will be weak to the Scratcher's elemental slash.
To ensure success, use a Health Potion or Major Health Potion when a Scrapper's health is low.
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
My Research

Want to iterate on my build? Here's my reasoning!

Stats

111 STR is required for scratch + rallied elim for all (non-boss) enemies [1]

64 QCK is required to have 3 turns each at the start of the battle for all enemies (except Spellbound Golem and Mistral Minion which would need 68) [0][2]

Increasing either of these stats further makes little difference, so putting the rest in VIT is good [0][3]
_

Stones & Elements

Scratch, rally, eliminate, berserker, and ambush are the base of this build. Also I highly recommend the scratcher NOT having eliminate. This will make it impossible to confuse the two scrappers, in turn meaning less thinking [0].

Contuse reduces enemy damage by 25% [4], which is nice when you're going against heavy-hitting bosses [0].

Element type for the eliminator doesn't matter much because they won't be doing any elemental damage. However, Fire is the best elemental defense in both the Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal [5] so I included it in the guide.

Element type for the scratcher matters if you want to be able to use an elemental slash on bosses. An elemental slash that is strong against the boss will deal >800 damage, which is over twice the effectiveness of scratch [0].

Forbidden Portal's bosses are both weak to Shadow and Water attacks [6]. Golem Workshop's Stone Borer is weak to Water attacks; Golem Workshop's Frost Delver is weak to Shadow, but very strong against Water [7]. As such both Shadow and Water are good choices, but Water a bit less so due to the Frost Delver.

Haste would be useful for the eliminator in the first battle, because if you use haste right away you get your turn back, meaning a bit of free breath [0]. But I'm lazy so I don't do that.

Why shred? I like it, and there's probably an argument for using it, but the returns are small, so I don't feel like testing it.

Minor Health Potions aren't worth using because the bosses deal way more damage than those restore [0].

_

References

[0] My own trial and error in the coliseum
[1] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click "Enemy requirement mode" and pick "Forbidden Portal"
[2] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click "Enemy stats mode" and pick "Golem Workshop"
[3] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click calculator mode
[4] Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
[5] Simple Element per Venue
[6] Terror Toad and Fear Frog
[7] Stone Borer and Frost Delver
My Research

Want to iterate on my build? Here's my reasoning!

Stats

111 STR is required for scratch + rallied elim for all (non-boss) enemies [1]

64 QCK is required to have 3 turns each at the start of the battle for all enemies (except Spellbound Golem and Mistral Minion which would need 68) [0][2]

Increasing either of these stats further makes little difference, so putting the rest in VIT is good [0][3]
_

Stones & Elements

Scratch, rally, eliminate, berserker, and ambush are the base of this build. Also I highly recommend the scratcher NOT having eliminate. This will make it impossible to confuse the two scrappers, in turn meaning less thinking [0].

Contuse reduces enemy damage by 25% [4], which is nice when you're going against heavy-hitting bosses [0].

Element type for the eliminator doesn't matter much because they won't be doing any elemental damage. However, Fire is the best elemental defense in both the Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal [5] so I included it in the guide.

Element type for the scratcher matters if you want to be able to use an elemental slash on bosses. An elemental slash that is strong against the boss will deal >800 damage, which is over twice the effectiveness of scratch [0].

Forbidden Portal's bosses are both weak to Shadow and Water attacks [6]. Golem Workshop's Stone Borer is weak to Water attacks; Golem Workshop's Frost Delver is weak to Shadow, but very strong against Water [7]. As such both Shadow and Water are good choices, but Water a bit less so due to the Frost Delver.

Haste would be useful for the eliminator in the first battle, because if you use haste right away you get your turn back, meaning a bit of free breath [0]. But I'm lazy so I don't do that.

Why shred? I like it, and there's probably an argument for using it, but the returns are small, so I don't feel like testing it.

Minor Health Potions aren't worth using because the bosses deal way more damage than those restore [0].

_

References

[0] My own trial and error in the coliseum
[1] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click "Enemy requirement mode" and pick "Forbidden Portal"
[2] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click "Enemy stats mode" and pick "Golem Workshop"
[3] Flight Rising Coliseum Skills and Enemy Stats - Click calculator mode
[4] Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
[5] Simple Element per Venue
[6] Terror Toad and Fear Frog
[7] Stone Borer and Frost Delver
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
I am frantically taking notes!! What a fantastic combo, I need to try this!
I am frantically taking notes!! What a fantastic combo, I need to try this!
Commenting to come back later, definitely going to try this out
Commenting to come back later, definitely going to try this out
JYOlR25.png
Need to try this myself!
Need to try this myself!
NobleRot
They/Them
FR +3

uKY3oYS.png
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I’ve been training up a pair for this build. I added Sap for some hp maintenance, but I don’t know if it’ll hold up in the top venues, I don’t usually coli there.
I’ve been training up a pair for this build. I added Sap for some hp maintenance, but I don’t know if it’ll hold up in the top venues, I don’t usually coli there.
This build is good! It wastes no time and is great for if you are training a pair of dragons and don't feel like statting a mage. It doesn’t have as much longevity as I like, but Portal and Workshop are both tough venues with strong enemies, so it's to be expected. It definitely works and I encourage those curious to try it for themselves.
This build is good! It wastes no time and is great for if you are training a pair of dragons and don't feel like statting a mage. It doesn’t have as much longevity as I like, but Portal and Workshop are both tough venues with strong enemies, so it's to be expected. It definitely works and I encourage those curious to try it for themselves.
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
@PinkTempest I have Sap on my current Portal fighter, in case my mage takes a crit. It’s kept me from a few team knockouts, but if the enemy dodges you lose the breath. Potions can’t miss, but also don’t do any damage to enemies, so there’s pros and cons to both.
@PinkTempest I have Sap on my current Portal fighter, in case my mage takes a crit. It’s kept me from a few team knockouts, but if the enemy dodges you lose the breath. Potions can’t miss, but also don’t do any damage to enemies, so there’s pros and cons to both.
xQm7rCM.jpg
1 2