Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | homestuck appreciation thread
1 2
don't spam this with 'homestuck is cringe' please
there aren't many problems with the comic, maybe the fandom
(the last homestuck thread was idk years ago or something)
don't spam this with 'homestuck is cringe' please
there aren't many problems with the comic, maybe the fandom
(the last homestuck thread was idk years ago or something)
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
oh i was hyperfixated on homestuck for like a year! such amazing characters, too bad that for some reason I don't really remember the story (everything starting from dancestors till like the meteor arc is just lost from my memory) but the comic will always have a special place in my heart <3
oh i was hyperfixated on homestuck for like a year! such amazing characters, too bad that for some reason I don't really remember the story (everything starting from dancestors till like the meteor arc is just lost from my memory) but the comic will always have a special place in my heart <3
ezgif-5-32c79b0cf8.gif
I am a huge fan of Homestuck, especially the Trolls and Fantrolls

It’s one of my longest-lasting fixations; my brother says he remembers me talking about it while he was still in high school and he’s in his late 20s now haha

I am a self-shipper and I have caliginous feelings towards my Patron Troll, Vriska Serket. (Patron Trolls are those whom share your zodiac sign)

ofc I have pale and red feelings towards different trolls too, but my most consistent self-ship is Vriska being my kismesis <3<
I am a huge fan of Homestuck, especially the Trolls and Fantrolls

It’s one of my longest-lasting fixations; my brother says he remembers me talking about it while he was still in high school and he’s in his late 20s now haha

I am a self-shipper and I have caliginous feelings towards my Patron Troll, Vriska Serket. (Patron Trolls are those whom share your zodiac sign)

ofc I have pale and red feelings towards different trolls too, but my most consistent self-ship is Vriska being my kismesis <3<
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
I've been a fan for many years. Not really active in the fandom any more (but tbf the fandom is pretty dead nowadays) but yeah, Homestuck will always be special to me. I never really got into the post homestuck comic content, like the games and stuff? I played the first one (shoutout to my friend who bought it for me lol) but eh, I never really bothered with the rest of them.

I'm also a toxic Eridan apologist and if anyone says anything bad about the Amporas I *will* fight them.
I've been a fan for many years. Not really active in the fandom any more (but tbf the fandom is pretty dead nowadays) but yeah, Homestuck will always be special to me. I never really got into the post homestuck comic content, like the games and stuff? I played the first one (shoutout to my friend who bought it for me lol) but eh, I never really bothered with the rest of them.

I'm also a toxic Eridan apologist and if anyone says anything bad about the Amporas I *will* fight them.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I never particuarly had a *dedicated* homestuck phase, but I started reading cause I was curious... turns out, my patron troll Nepeta became one of my favorite characters. She reminded me of myself, when I was new to the Internet and latched on to those DeviantArt cute emojis and cat makers and such...

I also am simply impressed by the amount of effort that was put into a comic made from MS Paint. It gives me the great inspiration that even without the common tools artists use today, you can still make something memorable and effective.
I never particuarly had a *dedicated* homestuck phase, but I started reading cause I was curious... turns out, my patron troll Nepeta became one of my favorite characters. She reminded me of myself, when I was new to the Internet and latched on to those DeviantArt cute emojis and cat makers and such...

I also am simply impressed by the amount of effort that was put into a comic made from MS Paint. It gives me the great inspiration that even without the common tools artists use today, you can still make something memorable and effective.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
yes nepeta good

also, it's actually a misconception that homestuck was made in ms paint
in fact, only the first panel of jailbreak was in mspaint
everything else was on something different
yes nepeta good

also, it's actually a misconception that homestuck was made in ms paint
in fact, only the first panel of jailbreak was in mspaint
everything else was on something different
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
man homestuck....... good times lol.

homestuck directly followed my creepypasta phase, so it was kind of a weird segue. i too was mostly obsessed with the trolls but i also really just like the worldbuilding and story itself. i would RP my fantrolls with my friends, i had at least 40 at some point. some of them still remain some of the best characters i have made to this day, though i haven't really used them in years.

homestuck also did a lot of good for my creativity, and i'm sure others can say the same lol. homestuck is kinda what inspired me to write more, and if it weren't for that, my own original story and characters (which has turned into a nearly decade-long special interest at this point) wouldn't be where it is now. i still remember a lot of the cool art that came from tumblr and whatnot.

i don't acknowledge the epilogues or homestuck 2 though. nope. homestuck ended with act 7 and i will die on that hill
man homestuck....... good times lol.

homestuck directly followed my creepypasta phase, so it was kind of a weird segue. i too was mostly obsessed with the trolls but i also really just like the worldbuilding and story itself. i would RP my fantrolls with my friends, i had at least 40 at some point. some of them still remain some of the best characters i have made to this day, though i haven't really used them in years.

homestuck also did a lot of good for my creativity, and i'm sure others can say the same lol. homestuck is kinda what inspired me to write more, and if it weren't for that, my own original story and characters (which has turned into a nearly decade-long special interest at this point) wouldn't be where it is now. i still remember a lot of the cool art that came from tumblr and whatnot.

i don't acknowledge the epilogues or homestuck 2 though. nope. homestuck ended with act 7 and i will die on that hill
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
I had a fixation and was OBSESSED with Homestuck years ago, remember a lot of the characters and tiny bits of the story because I don't really recall a lot of things, played the friendsim at some point too, but that's about it for now, good old days man.

Karkat was my favorite troll lol.
I had a fixation and was OBSESSED with Homestuck years ago, remember a lot of the characters and tiny bits of the story because I don't really recall a lot of things, played the friendsim at some point too, but that's about it for now, good old days man.

Karkat was my favorite troll lol.
AETHER_BEANS_-PlantVash.png
> Treasure Frenzy [PQ]
> G1 dragon list
+5 hours ahead of FR time
He/They menace
Adult
ll0CfnD.png
a2e1ae1baf2f2f8b720795dea9e4be1e5df6fba7.png
i got into the fandom right as the original comic ended, but i was pretty young at the time and i think a lot flew over my head because i was more interested in the overall plot and worldbuilding rather than the character dialogue. at the time it was pretty huge for me- i was able to find friends at school through it when i was struggling with then-undiagnosed social anxiety disorder, and it gave me the inspiration i needed to create a lot of art, so i'll always appreciate it for that. i've been slowly re-reading the comic via the unofficial homestuck collection, and just by focusing more on all of the characters i'm enjoying it in a whole different way than i did 7 years ago, it's wild. i'm rediscovering a lot of great music while re-reading it too. so much music. i haven't seen anything past the credits video that comes right after act 7 and i'm happy staying that way, haha. [center]---[/center] (edit) just remembered i have HS fan dragons... i have plans for LOFAF and Skaia as well [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72382730][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/723828/72382730.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75804325][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/758044/75804325.png[/img][/url]
i got into the fandom right as the original comic ended, but i was pretty young at the time and i think a lot flew over my head because i was more interested in the overall plot and worldbuilding rather than the character dialogue. at the time it was pretty huge for me- i was able to find friends at school through it when i was struggling with then-undiagnosed social anxiety disorder, and it gave me the inspiration i needed to create a lot of art, so i'll always appreciate it for that.
i've been slowly re-reading the comic via the unofficial homestuck collection, and just by focusing more on all of the characters i'm enjoying it in a whole different way than i did 7 years ago, it's wild. i'm rediscovering a lot of great music while re-reading it too. so much music.
i haven't seen anything past the credits video that comes right after act 7 and i'm happy staying that way, haha.
---
(edit) just remembered i have HS fan dragons... i have plans for LOFAF and Skaia as well
72382730.png 75804325.png
dsVmWUB.pngN7ZmS6v.png
I came super late to the fandom and it's such a weird experience joining years after it's peak! It took me two attempts (like, years apart) to get through reading it all because the first time I ignored most all of the pesterchats and ended up being super confused! The second time I realised they're kind of vital to the story, lol. I'm glad I managed to get through it all just before flash died, towards the end more and more content was in youtube videos instead of actually being part of the page and it has such a bad feel comparatively! My favourite character by far is Terezi :D Tavros has a special place in my heart too! [quote name="Negative" date="2023-02-24 12:41:26" ] i don't acknowledge the epilogues or homestuck 2 though. nope. homestuck ended with act 7 and i will die on that hill [/quote] Yep I second this, I tried to start on the epilogue and just couldn't get into reading it at all, it's a completely different experience and all the characters feel so different :')
I came super late to the fandom and it's such a weird experience joining years after it's peak! It took me two attempts (like, years apart) to get through reading it all because the first time I ignored most all of the pesterchats and ended up being super confused! The second time I realised they're kind of vital to the story, lol.

I'm glad I managed to get through it all just before flash died, towards the end more and more content was in youtube videos instead of actually being part of the page and it has such a bad feel comparatively!

My favourite character by far is Terezi :D Tavros has a special place in my heart too!

Negative wrote on 2023-02-24 12:41:26:

Yep I second this, I tried to start on the epilogue and just couldn't get into reading it at all, it's a completely different experience and all the characters feel so different :')
///////////tumblr_p5wzkf4NYZ1vamgqko1_100.png
DQR0xuP.png
FObX7rS.png
HdmxfuE.png
5hF3FGk.png
Pgv53XB.png
R5gBjNt.png ////////ebwdsO1.png
1 2