Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fear this year [ancients]
1 2 3 4
I just wonder what staff's plan is for after that. Ancients were introduced as a way to have new dragon breeds introduced more frequently, but they kind of limited themselves by having them be the first attempts at dragons each deity made. So what happens once we have ancients for each flight? We'd be back at square one in terms of dragon releases
I just wonder what staff's plan is for after that. Ancients were introduced as a way to have new dragon breeds introduced more frequently, but they kind of limited themselves by having them be the first attempts at dragons each deity made. So what happens once we have ancients for each flight? We'd be back at square one in terms of dragon releases
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
[quote name="Mangoeclipse" date="2023-01-25 00:37:30" ] I just wonder what staff's plan is for after that. Ancients were introduced as a way to have new dragon breeds introduced more frequently, but they kind of limited themselves by having them be the first attempts at dragons each deity made. So what happens once we have ancients for each flight? We'd be back at square one in terms of dragon releases [/quote] They've addressed this before, I believe. We'd then be working on a Third breed for each flight, as well as neutral breeds!! Lorewise, they don't necessarily have to be the first attempts. Many have been, but things can have come in between the time of the moderns and the first ancient - things can be descended from the first, they can even technically be from this era but still use ancient rules. Because ancient is more of a mechanic than a steadfast rule.
Mangoeclipse wrote on 2023-01-25 00:37:30:
They've addressed this before, I believe. We'd then be working on a Third breed for each flight, as well as neutral breeds!!

Lorewise, they don't necessarily have to be the first attempts. Many have been, but things can have come in between the time of the moderns and the first ancient - things can be descended from the first, they can even technically be from this era but still use ancient rules. Because ancient is more of a mechanic than a steadfast rule.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-01-24 21:03:53" ] -snip- Hyped? Shocked? ...old? [/quote] squad this statement is making me feel like absolute dust :'D I remember when some flights didn't even have a [i]single[/i] breed (rip fire), the thoughts of everyone having two with one special flight going on three in the near future is giving me a crisis.
DoubleO wrote on 2023-01-24 21:03:53:
-snip-
Hyped? Shocked? ...old?
squad this statement is making me feel like absolute dust :'D I remember when some flights didn't even have a single breed (rip fire), the thoughts of everyone having two with one special flight going on three in the near future is giving me a crisis.
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
[quote name="Mangoeclipse" date="2023-01-25 00:37:30" ] I just wonder what staff's plan is for after that. Ancients were introduced as a way to have new dragon breeds introduced more frequently, but they kind of limited themselves by having them be the first attempts at dragons each deity made. So what happens once we have ancients for each flight? We'd be back at square one in terms of dragon releases [/quote] There are only three left when considering flights with only one breed, iirc they still want to have ancients for each flight so we would still have Earth, Wind, and Light ancients to come. And assuming a rough schedule of two breeds a year and that we don’t see another modern soon (I expect we won’t for a long time) then we have three years until that’s done! Then I’m pretty sure they’ve mentioned neutral ancients and working on third breeds. The flights I mentioned would already be taken care of for that once they get their ancient. And they have three years to figure out where they want to head next, plenty of time.
Mangoeclipse wrote on 2023-01-25 00:37:30:

There are only three left when considering flights with only one breed, iirc they still want to have ancients for each flight so we would still have Earth, Wind, and Light ancients to come. And assuming a rough schedule of two breeds a year and that we don’t see another modern soon (I expect we won’t for a long time) then we have three years until that’s done!

Then I’m pretty sure they’ve mentioned neutral ancients and working on third breeds. The flights I mentioned would already be taken care of for that once they get their ancient. And they have three years to figure out where they want to head next, plenty of time.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
I want a Nature breed so bad, Wildclaw scrolls are expensive [i]and cycled out of the gem marketplace for 90% of the year[/i] [emoji=wildclaw sad size=1]
I want a Nature breed so bad, Wildclaw scrolls are expensive and cycled out of the gem marketplace for 90% of the year
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Holy cow; even if we only get 1 this year (or 0, I suppose, but I'm reasonably hopeful given that we've had at least 1/year), I've always envisioned every flight having 2 breeds as being unfathomably far away, like Adventure Mode.
Holy cow; even if we only get 1 this year (or 0, I suppose, but I'm reasonably hopeful given that we've had at least 1/year), I've always envisioned every flight having 2 breeds as being unfathomably far away, like Adventure Mode.
[quote name="Hippotang" date="2023-01-24 21:31:52" ] Dude, I remember Bogsneaks being new. [/quote] Oh god, how long ago was that? [checks notes] [b][i]2016???[/i][/b]
Hippotang wrote on 2023-01-24 21:31:52:
Dude, I remember Bogsneaks being new.
Oh god, how long ago was that? [checks notes] 2016???
zhMvOXK.png
Excited, with each new ancient I anticipate lightning one to be even better. Recent ancients have been so good at resembling their elements and it left me wondering what's in store for my flight [emoji=special eyes size=1]
Excited, with each new ancient I anticipate lightning one to be even better. Recent ancients have been so good at resembling their elements and it left me wondering what's in store for my flight
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
*laughs in remembering the skydancer release*

As for ancients, I'm excited for the Arcane one, I hope its something messed up and eldtritch looking that crawled out of the forbidden portal.
*laughs in remembering the skydancer release*

As for ancients, I'm excited for the Arcane one, I hope its something messed up and eldtritch looking that crawled out of the forbidden portal.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I nearly forgot that we were in a new year already, January feels like a waiting room between the past and new year [emoji=obelisk sad size=1] Pretty excited for Nature’s next breed, especially for the fact that they’ve been stuck with a cycling gem breed for a while!
I nearly forgot that we were in a new year already, January feels like a waiting room between the past and new year Pretty excited for Nature’s next breed, especially for the fact that they’ve been stuck with a cycling gem breed for a while!
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
1 2 3 4