Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | NotN Chest Trade Grinding Locations 2022
1 2 3 4
Just submitted a batch of 450 for Crystal Pools (I desperately needed those leaf insects oof) because I saw the data was lacking - going to head to Boreal Wood next for a similar effort now!
Just submitted a batch of 450 for Crystal Pools (I desperately needed those leaf insects oof) because I saw the data was lacking - going to head to Boreal Wood next for a similar effort now!
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
@Drezdin awesome! I've been focused on getting all venues to at least 100 when I've had the time, but having higher amounts of data is extremely valuable for having reliable numbers.
@Drezdin awesome! I've been focused on getting all venues to at least 100 when I've had the time, but having higher amounts of data is extremely valuable for having reliable numbers.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Oooo I didn't even realize Maki linked this thread in their NotN Guide! Damn that's pretty legit, haha.
Oooo I didn't even realize Maki linked this thread in their NotN Guide! Damn that's pretty legit, haha.
I actually didn't either haha. But that means more people potentially contributing data, so I'm really excited about that!
I actually didn't either haha. But that means more people potentially contributing data, so I'm really excited about that!
Redrock Cove and Waterway at 50 each are the lowest data sets still... I didn't get online at all yesterday or I'd have them filled in better, but today's the day! Then I'll migrate over to Blooming Grove/Rainsong Jungle/Volcanic Vents since they're at 150 a piece.

Harpy's Roost and Kelp Beds at 50... gross but I GUESS I'll try to get them to 200 each, haha. Not looking forward to Kelp Beds, literally haven't stepped foot in there since I completed the familiar collection year ago, yikes.
Redrock Cove and Waterway at 50 each are the lowest data sets still... I didn't get online at all yesterday or I'd have them filled in better, but today's the day! Then I'll migrate over to Blooming Grove/Rainsong Jungle/Volcanic Vents since they're at 150 a piece.

Harpy's Roost and Kelp Beds at 50... gross but I GUESS I'll try to get them to 200 each, haha. Not looking forward to Kelp Beds, literally haven't stepped foot in there since I completed the familiar collection year ago, yikes.
@Drezdin I'll probably be running through Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop for a bit, too! And I have a specific trainer for HR so I might be able to get some good data numbers for that- we'll see! Getting the current 110 for Forbidden Portal definitely took a sanity toll lmao.
@Drezdin I'll probably be running through Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop for a bit, too! And I have a specific trainer for HR so I might be able to get some good data numbers for that- we'll see! Getting the current 110 for Forbidden Portal definitely took a sanity toll lmao.
Oh hell yeah thank you so much! I'll power through and focus on getting those under Harpy's Roost that aren't past 150 up to like 400~500 total data points.

Time to flex my ability to force tunnel vision on myself and get to work, haha.
Oh hell yeah thank you so much! I'll power through and focus on getting those under Harpy's Roost that aren't past 150 up to like 400~500 total data points.

Time to flex my ability to force tunnel vision on myself and get to work, haha.
Every venue has now hit at least 100 battles of data- the new goal is 250 battles per venue (excepting level 25 venues- those will never be good for grinding, they're just fun to know anyway if you need to be there).

Right now, only Blooming Grove and Redrock Cove are under the 250 battle mark!

If you want to check how many battles are recorded for each venue (and which ones have the least amount of data), check out the Full Breakdown - Venues tab!
Every venue has now hit at least 100 battles of data- the new goal is 250 battles per venue (excepting level 25 venues- those will never be good for grinding, they're just fun to know anyway if you need to be there).

Right now, only Blooming Grove and Redrock Cove are under the 250 battle mark!

If you want to check how many battles are recorded for each venue (and which ones have the least amount of data), check out the Full Breakdown - Venues tab!
Unfortunately I didn't get to cover Blooming Grove/Redrock Cove until this morning, haha. Got both of them up to 500 apiece now, would've had 'em done yesterday evening but family Christmas shenanigans are to be expected on the 24th of December of course.

But yeah! Super happy you set up the spreadsheet and the submission form again this year, and now that the data has a decent baseline it's time for me to retreat to my home in Crystal Pools, a decision reinforced by the data. 3rd highest chests/hour and a good drop rate on most of the food items I'm lacking in to complete trades for!
Unfortunately I didn't get to cover Blooming Grove/Redrock Cove until this morning, haha. Got both of them up to 500 apiece now, would've had 'em done yesterday evening but family Christmas shenanigans are to be expected on the 24th of December of course.

But yeah! Super happy you set up the spreadsheet and the submission form again this year, and now that the data has a decent baseline it's time for me to retreat to my home in Crystal Pools, a decision reinforced by the data. 3rd highest chests/hour and a good drop rate on most of the food items I'm lacking in to complete trades for!
A very successful 1016 strange chests obtained this year, and I'm happy with that! Stopped grinding at 1000 but then familiar bonding/crim/gathering pushed me up a little higher, haha.

Thanks again for coordinating everything, so glad there was an outlet for my grinding-related curiosity! I hope for another grand collaboration the next time Night of the Nocturne rolls around as well! :D
A very successful 1016 strange chests obtained this year, and I'm happy with that! Stopped grinding at 1000 but then familiar bonding/crim/gathering pushed me up a little higher, haha.

Thanks again for coordinating everything, so glad there was an outlet for my grinding-related curiosity! I hope for another grand collaboration the next time Night of the Nocturne rolls around as well! :D
1 2 3 4