Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 66
I really appreciate the thought and care that went into this change, and that the FR team made a genuine apology.
I'm excited for more beast clan lore with this new direction!
I really appreciate the thought and care that went into this change, and that the FR team made a genuine apology.
I'm excited for more beast clan lore with this new direction!
GGinHwO.png WPrI8nF.pngVFsOpVv.png
Ah, might we be seeing Mith, Sphynx, Dryad, and/or others getting some love as well? Didn't realise that they weren't listed with the others on the defunct page but I'd presume they are also sentient cultures as much as the original six that had entries- as well as some others I'm not thinking of at the moment. Not that it is any small amount of lore to work out, I thoroughly expect the other five groupings that RotBC had included details on alone will take some time to revise. But I ever train my eyes to the future.
Ah, might we be seeing Mith, Sphynx, Dryad, and/or others getting some love as well? Didn't realise that they weren't listed with the others on the defunct page but I'd presume they are also sentient cultures as much as the original six that had entries- as well as some others I'm not thinking of at the moment. Not that it is any small amount of lore to work out, I thoroughly expect the other five groupings that RotBC had included details on alone will take some time to revise. But I ever train my eyes to the future.
aah, wonderful!! i'll love to see where this grows from here :0

seeing them get more equal footing to dragons, & the position of beastclans in dominance as a pseudo "12th flight" has me thinking, what if one day, the last week of december is considered the beastclan's holiday?

though it would overlap with NOTN, so, hmm. would have to be workshopped quite a bit - maybe a different week in december, maybe combine NOTN with beastclans somehow?- maybe instead just speckle various holidays around like "june 14th is a harpy holiday so you can get their masks as apparel" or something. just brainstorming aloud!

it'd be nice to see them get more stuff on the site to *show* that they're on a similar level as dragons as opposed to just telling. and the lack of an elemental holiday in december has always bugged me a little, lol X) so two birds with one stone ~

whatever you do, im excited for the future!
aah, wonderful!! i'll love to see where this grows from here :0

seeing them get more equal footing to dragons, & the position of beastclans in dominance as a pseudo "12th flight" has me thinking, what if one day, the last week of december is considered the beastclan's holiday?

though it would overlap with NOTN, so, hmm. would have to be workshopped quite a bit - maybe a different week in december, maybe combine NOTN with beastclans somehow?- maybe instead just speckle various holidays around like "june 14th is a harpy holiday so you can get their masks as apparel" or something. just brainstorming aloud!

it'd be nice to see them get more stuff on the site to *show* that they're on a similar level as dragons as opposed to just telling. and the lack of an elemental holiday in december has always bugged me a little, lol X) so two birds with one stone ~

whatever you do, im excited for the future!
Will there be changes to the content allowed for personal clan lore?
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
This, this is good

Firstly, imo it's really mature of the team to have apologised so publicly and also held themselves accountable for their mistakes. It's nice to see, and I think in most cases how you handle a mistake can say a lot more about a team/person than the original mistake

Secondly? I love lore updates, I love getting new familiars/scenes and tbh I'm really excited to have this new lore to work into my own lore. Very good stuff and I'm excited to see what's coming with the other beastclans! :D
This, this is good

Firstly, imo it's really mature of the team to have apologised so publicly and also held themselves accountable for their mistakes. It's nice to see, and I think in most cases how you handle a mistake can say a lot more about a team/person than the original mistake

Secondly? I love lore updates, I love getting new familiars/scenes and tbh I'm really excited to have this new lore to work into my own lore. Very good stuff and I'm excited to see what's coming with the other beastclans! :D
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
[quote name="TheWildRaven" date="2022-12-14 17:51:52" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-12-14 17:29:39" ] [quote name="Larimoor" date="2022-12-14 17:10:32" ] [quote name="sardines" date="2022-12-14 17:01:39" ] [quote name="Larimoor" date="2022-12-14 16:57:23" ] [quote name="sardines" date="2022-12-14 16:49:32" ] i will say, while i'm very glad for this update and happy to see how it's been handled overall... i'm not sure how to feel about the new familiars? maybe i'm just misunderstanding what the familiars are meant to be seen as, but i've always avoided using any of the beastclan familiars because of how weird it made me feel. it feels like i'm having my dragons keep them as pets, which is ... really, REALLY uncomfortable. but maybe i've just misunderstood what familiars are meant to be seen as...? i suppose since new familiars have been added with this update, that indicates there wasn't anything seen wrong with them when going back over things for this update, so maybe i'm just not on the same page as far as what familiars are meant to represent? i still probably won't use them mysel don't get me wrong, though--i am still really glad for this update and these changes, and it's really nice to see the team addressing this and handling it well aside form that imo! [/quote] You bring up a good point, especially considering Fiona's whole deal and some of her dialogue... "fantastical creatures" "beasties" etc. I'm assuming beastclans familiars are in her rotation too which does seem a biiiiiit uncomfortable..! [/quote] oh, that is a really fair point to consider that i hadn't even consciously thought of (though i think Fiona's whole deal is part of why i perceived them more as pets)... i do hope maybe they look at Fiona's dialogue following this update to hopefully eliminate some of that potential weirdness! [/quote] yeah i agree! I'm sure staff is keeping a close eye on this thread but just in case - @/Aequorin some food for thought! [/quote] Familiars are meant to be the dragon's closest companion. The one you bond and do everything with, not necessarily a pet. So that could be your dog, or your best friend. [/quote] @vihuff Took the words right out of my beak! Thank you for putting it in a simple and clear way I wanted to say it in~ (but was too afraid to speak up as I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.) [emoji=raven size=1] [/quote] Just responding to the both of you in the last couple of quotes since it's easier to do all at once. I agree! I always viewed familiars as such myself, with the meaning of the companionship changing depending on the familiar. My only real concern is the way the beastclans familiars are grouped in with literal animals with Fiona and she refers to them as such haha... To be clear I'm not necessarily upset by it! I understand this is a change in the lore that is very new so small things here and there may need to change to reflect it. I just noticed the detail and wanted to point it out in particular in case staff wanted to make any changes to how Fiona speaks about the familiars in her care. :)
TheWildRaven wrote on 2022-12-14 17:51:52:
vihuff wrote on 2022-12-14 17:29:39:
Larimoor wrote on 2022-12-14 17:10:32:
sardines wrote on 2022-12-14 17:01:39:
Larimoor wrote on 2022-12-14 16:57:23:
sardines wrote on 2022-12-14 16:49:32:
i will say, while i'm very glad for this update and happy to see how it's been handled overall... i'm not sure how to feel about the new familiars?

maybe i'm just misunderstanding what the familiars are meant to be seen as, but i've always avoided using any of the beastclan familiars because of how weird it made me feel. it feels like i'm having my dragons keep them as pets, which is ... really, REALLY uncomfortable. but maybe i've just misunderstood what familiars are meant to be seen as...?

i suppose since new familiars have been added with this update, that indicates there wasn't anything seen wrong with them when going back over things for this update, so maybe i'm just not on the same page as far as what familiars are meant to represent? i still probably won't use them mysel

don't get me wrong, though--i am still really glad for this update and these changes, and it's really nice to see the team addressing this and handling it well aside form that imo!

You bring up a good point, especially considering Fiona's whole deal and some of her dialogue... "fantastical creatures" "beasties" etc. I'm assuming beastclans familiars are in her rotation too which does seem a biiiiiit uncomfortable..!
oh, that is a really fair point to consider that i hadn't even consciously thought of (though i think Fiona's whole deal is part of why i perceived them more as pets)... i do hope maybe they look at Fiona's dialogue following this update to hopefully eliminate some of that potential weirdness!

yeah i agree! I'm sure staff is keeping a close eye on this thread but just in case - @/Aequorin some food for thought!
Familiars are meant to be the dragon's closest companion. The one you bond and do everything with, not necessarily a pet. So that could be your dog, or your best friend.

@vihuff Took the words right out of my beak! Thank you for putting it in a simple and clear way I wanted to say it in~ (but was too afraid to speak up as I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.)

Just responding to the both of you in the last couple of quotes since it's easier to do all at once. I agree! I always viewed familiars as such myself, with the meaning of the companionship changing depending on the familiar. My only real concern is the way the beastclans familiars are grouped in with literal animals with Fiona and she refers to them as such haha...

To be clear I'm not necessarily upset by it! I understand this is a change in the lore that is very new so small things here and there may need to change to reflect it. I just noticed the detail and wanted to point it out in particular in case staff wanted to make any changes to how Fiona speaks about the familiars in her care. :)
ln1aKC2.gif
You guys rock! I'm glad you were able to change this lore
You guys rock! I'm glad you were able to change this lore
LORE LORE LORE!

Regarding this new lore; speaking as someone who Really Likes Eating, if the harpies are capable of eaating raw meat but prefer it prepped, does this mean that there is harpy sushi? special methods of eating raw meats that some might find as bizarre as to us humans eating raw fish is?

either way, i want tuna nigiri now.
LORE LORE LORE!

Regarding this new lore; speaking as someone who Really Likes Eating, if the harpies are capable of eaating raw meat but prefer it prepped, does this mean that there is harpy sushi? special methods of eating raw meats that some might find as bizarre as to us humans eating raw fish is?

either way, i want tuna nigiri now.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
[quote name="Arkhelios" date="2022-12-14 18:01:31" ] Will there be changes to the content allowed for personal clan lore? [/quote] Plenty of people have personal clan lore that has absolutely nothing to do with the site lore, and presumably that will continue to be the case until the site shuts down with the heat-death of the universe.
Arkhelios wrote on 2022-12-14 18:01:31:
Plenty of people have personal clan lore that has absolutely nothing to do with the site lore, and presumably that will continue to be the case until the site shuts down with the heat-death of the universe.
vwOdfcD.png
lol

Nice new Familiars though.
lol

Nice new Familiars though.
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 66