Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Harpy Lore Changes+Player’s Clan Lore
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
I might actually include Beastclans stuff in my lore now, beyond "this Beastclan being is part of the clan and works with/advises this dragon" or "occasionally we deal with Beastclans, the degree to which it varies."

I was never comfortable with the original Beastclans lore, nor with the mechanic of Beastclans winning dominance making them look like "ha ha the flights did so poorly that they won," so I just... kinda ignored it and never incorporated it into my lore, beyond "I'm attached to this Beastclans familiar so I will keep these two together and keep them as part of my clan."

Maybe I'll incorporate more Beastclans characters, and have them attached to dragons so I can show them off better. (They can be friends or coworkers or something.) Maybe I can have my clan negotiate a few trade deals. And the occasional spat. Overall neutral, I'd say, as my clan is with everyone else.

(And hey, maybe Beastclans folk will have advice for how to dodge/deal with Luminax days.)

Basically agreed with some others; I'm kinda looking forward to the nuance.
I might actually include Beastclans stuff in my lore now, beyond "this Beastclan being is part of the clan and works with/advises this dragon" or "occasionally we deal with Beastclans, the degree to which it varies."

I was never comfortable with the original Beastclans lore, nor with the mechanic of Beastclans winning dominance making them look like "ha ha the flights did so poorly that they won," so I just... kinda ignored it and never incorporated it into my lore, beyond "I'm attached to this Beastclans familiar so I will keep these two together and keep them as part of my clan."

Maybe I'll incorporate more Beastclans characters, and have them attached to dragons so I can show them off better. (They can be friends or coworkers or something.) Maybe I can have my clan negotiate a few trade deals. And the occasional spat. Overall neutral, I'd say, as my clan is with everyone else.

(And hey, maybe Beastclans folk will have advice for how to dodge/deal with Luminax days.)

Basically agreed with some others; I'm kinda looking forward to the nuance.
beastclans don't really have any involvement in my lore so it's probably just going to stay the same overall.
beastclans don't really have any involvement in my lore so it's probably just going to stay the same overall.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
I don’t have any solid lore but at the same time… my username is what it is…
I don’t have any solid lore but at the same time… my username is what it is…
No change, beastclan already played a massive part of my city and surrounding groups culture, especially the maren on the lightning coastline and their interactions with water adverse ridgebacks. A big chunk was about how beastclan traditions and culture blended with my take on tempest spire's whole deal. This was. very hard to really do before this update because lore for the beastclans was nonexistent, *especially* for the maren whose page was essentially just their annihilation of culture and population because of the dragons so its been a slight struggle making up stuff from scratch, so I am extremely excited to be getting more fleshed out beastclan lore, if nothing else, from this update, I already have a ton of ideas for the harpies and my main city [emoji=mirror size=1]
No change, beastclan already played a massive part of my city and surrounding groups culture, especially the maren on the lightning coastline and their interactions with water adverse ridgebacks. A big chunk was about how beastclan traditions and culture blended with my take on tempest spire's whole deal. This was. very hard to really do before this update because lore for the beastclans was nonexistent, *especially* for the maren whose page was essentially just their annihilation of culture and population because of the dragons so its been a slight struggle making up stuff from scratch, so I am extremely excited to be getting more fleshed out beastclan lore, if nothing else, from this update, I already have a ton of ideas for the harpies and my main city
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
The harpies have been a big part of my lore, and the previous BeastClan lore made me extremely uncomfortable, so I had already been working to work around it. As a result, the harpies and the other BeastClans were already on good terms with my clan, so almost no changes have had to be made :D

Very excited for these changes, and excited for the new lore!
The harpies have been a big part of my lore, and the previous BeastClan lore made me extremely uncomfortable, so I had already been working to work around it. As a result, the harpies and the other BeastClans were already on good terms with my clan, so almost no changes have had to be made :D

Very excited for these changes, and excited for the new lore!
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
no change right now, as i've never included beastclans in my lore ... however that may change as more updates come, if any of their new lore catches my eye! would be fun to have non-dragon characters roaming around the city, hmm
no change right now, as i've never included beastclans in my lore ... however that may change as more updates come, if any of their new lore catches my eye! would be fun to have non-dragon characters roaming around the city, hmm
"link • ufology
they/he/she
Despite what I wrote in the thread, I think the only thing it changes is implying any conflict between dragons and beastfolk is local rather than global. Also, now I'm thinking about conflict between beastclans as well as dragons vs. them, which sounds interesting.

I won't change my opinion/headcanon on why the gods made dragons and that colonialism/racism occurs in some places. It kind of means that anyone doing a bad thing is personally worse, but you know. Maybe I was hanging on to the excuse of dragons not having any more choice to exist than anyone else too hard anyway?

Edit: I feel like there's actually so many thoughts I have to have about the new lore, I just can't write them all out. The harpy description is surprisingly detailed and interesting. I kind of want to write some stuff and consider the new spaces we've been given to explore, but probably any actual writing will have to wait until more of the different beastclans have been updated.
Despite what I wrote in the thread, I think the only thing it changes is implying any conflict between dragons and beastfolk is local rather than global. Also, now I'm thinking about conflict between beastclans as well as dragons vs. them, which sounds interesting.

I won't change my opinion/headcanon on why the gods made dragons and that colonialism/racism occurs in some places. It kind of means that anyone doing a bad thing is personally worse, but you know. Maybe I was hanging on to the excuse of dragons not having any more choice to exist than anyone else too hard anyway?

Edit: I feel like there's actually so many thoughts I have to have about the new lore, I just can't write them all out. The harpy description is surprisingly detailed and interesting. I kind of want to write some stuff and consider the new spaces we've been given to explore, but probably any actual writing will have to wait until more of the different beastclans have been updated.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
My lore will have to change a bit. I had my clan on good terms with some harpies and bad terms with others. That doesn't have to change too much - not all harpies are going to be on board with the "dragons are allies" thing, and the harpy lore does say that they have both alliances and tensions with dragons.

The biggest change is I have some references to Talona as being hostile to dragons. Part of my lore is that Talona and some Shade-touched harpies attacked my dragons' Zephyr Steppes lair, forcing them to abandon it. I can't change the reference fully because it's embedded in a traveling dragon, but within my clan I can remove the reference to Talona.
My lore will have to change a bit. I had my clan on good terms with some harpies and bad terms with others. That doesn't have to change too much - not all harpies are going to be on board with the "dragons are allies" thing, and the harpy lore does say that they have both alliances and tensions with dragons.

The biggest change is I have some references to Talona as being hostile to dragons. Part of my lore is that Talona and some Shade-touched harpies attacked my dragons' Zephyr Steppes lair, forcing them to abandon it. I can't change the reference fully because it's embedded in a traveling dragon, but within my clan I can remove the reference to Talona.
LxbWmll.png
not much change! Mostly because my clan location is so isolated that any beastclan folk that found their way there would be treated indiscriminately from dragons- lost souls that need to find themselves within the Rift. The most that it will change is that might go harder into the “Ingenium counterparts are themselves” lore because I’m now guaranteed that most dragons won’t treat them as subhuman for not being dragons

The new lore however is going to absolutely help me develop new headcanons for what flight rising *is* outside of just the snippets we were given in lore. Ex: magic enchanted items being extremely valuable among the beastclans. What if they were treated as a sort of ward against being corrupted by the Shade? It’d be yummy. Excellent. I have so much to explore and expand upon now
not much change! Mostly because my clan location is so isolated that any beastclan folk that found their way there would be treated indiscriminately from dragons- lost souls that need to find themselves within the Rift. The most that it will change is that might go harder into the “Ingenium counterparts are themselves” lore because I’m now guaranteed that most dragons won’t treat them as subhuman for not being dragons

The new lore however is going to absolutely help me develop new headcanons for what flight rising *is* outside of just the snippets we were given in lore. Ex: magic enchanted items being extremely valuable among the beastclans. What if they were treated as a sort of ward against being corrupted by the Shade? It’d be yummy. Excellent. I have so much to explore and expand upon now
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I think the retcon did a disservice to the actual weight of the events and effects of the world.

someone called it sanitized and I fully agree, that's what this feels like. It's not a better story, just a safe one
I think the retcon did a disservice to the actual weight of the events and effects of the world.

someone called it sanitized and I fully agree, that's what this feels like. It's not a better story, just a safe one
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16