Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Completionists, How Are We Feeling?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm excited! I've been...worried is maybe too strong a word, but concerned about what I'll aim for after I complete my familiar collection. I do have some "backup plans" ready, but I'm glad to hear there'll also be more official achievements to pursue.
I'm excited! I've been...worried is maybe too strong a word, but concerned about what I'll aim for after I complete my familiar collection. I do have some "backup plans" ready, but I'm glad to hear there'll also be more official achievements to pursue.
eimdef.gif
I'm excited for it! I like doing achievements, but I am a little worried about having to repeat long or difficult tasks I've already done. I just had the idea of having to re-complete the "train a dragon/dragons to level 25" achievement and died a little inside...
I'm excited for it! I like doing achievements, but I am a little worried about having to repeat long or difficult tasks I've already done. I just had the idea of having to re-complete the "train a dragon/dragons to level 25" achievement and died a little inside...
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
[quote name="Eaglefairy" date="2022-12-13 13:15:11" ] I'm excited for it! I like doing achievements, but I am a little worried about having to repeat long or difficult tasks I've already done. I just had the idea of having to re-complete the "train a dragon/dragons to level 25" achievement and died a little inside... [/quote] If it's anything like the original achievement, you'd just have to get a level 24 to 25 for the achievement to register. There were even services offered that would get your dragon ALMOST to 25 for you so you could get the achievement, iirc.
Eaglefairy wrote on 2022-12-13 13:15:11:

If it's anything like the original achievement, you'd just have to get a level 24 to 25 for the achievement to register. There were even services offered that would get your dragon ALMOST to 25 for you so you could get the achievement, iirc.
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2022-12-12 22:23:05" ] RIP people with full clans. Breeding Achievements will be impossible for them unless they choose to yeet a perma or two. X'D [/quote] I think there are very few people with 664 permas; certainly I'm not one of them. And even if I were, I'd be fine with changing a perma's breed or genes temporarily in order to hatch offspring of that breed / with those genes. I'd also be willing to board some of someone's dragons while they chased a breeding achievement, if it was necessary and if I got warning of how much spare space would be needed. So I think people will be okay.
Zenzic wrote on 2022-12-12 22:23:05:
RIP people with full clans. Breeding Achievements will be impossible for them unless they choose to yeet a perma or two. X'D

I think there are very few people with 664 permas; certainly I'm not one of them.

And even if I were, I'd be fine with changing a perma's breed or genes temporarily in order to hatch offspring of that breed / with those genes.

I'd also be willing to board some of someone's dragons while they chased a breeding achievement, if it was necessary and if I got warning of how much spare space would be needed.

So I think people will be okay.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I thought i would take a long break after finishing awakening my bestiary; alas it is not meant to be.
I thought i would take a long break after finishing awakening my bestiary; alas it is not meant to be.
OcyPyoj.png
Hoping they have long-term goals that involve flight changes or primal eyes...not that I'm hinting at anything which corresponds to my current mission *cough*Tour de Sornieth*cough* >,=,>
Hoping they have long-term goals that involve flight changes or primal eyes...not that I'm hinting at anything which corresponds to my current mission *cough*Tour de Sornieth*cough* >,=,>
Tour de Sornieth

[ ]
[quote name="LuminAgricola" date="2022-12-14 02:44:10" ] [quote name="Zenzic" date="2022-12-12 22:23:05" ] RIP people with full clans. Breeding Achievements will be impossible for them unless they choose to yeet a perma or two. X'D [/quote] I think there are very few people with 664 permas; certainly I'm not one of them. And even if I were, I'd be fine with changing a perma's breed or genes temporarily in order to hatch offspring of that breed / with those genes. I'd also be willing to board some of someone's dragons while they chased a breeding achievement, if it was necessary and if I got warning of how much spare space would be needed. So I think people will be okay. [/quote] Sure it's a small portion of the userbase who have maxed slots filled with permas, but they do exist and I have them in my thoughts. XP Boarding or exalting will be their the only options, and I don't envy 'em for having to do that shuffle for the new Achievements system when it arrives. (As a personal rule, my permas [i]never[/i] leave my clan. Boarding is unsupported and it's a risk I don't wish to take. 8'D)
LuminAgricola wrote on 2022-12-14 02:44:10:
Zenzic wrote on 2022-12-12 22:23:05:
RIP people with full clans. Breeding Achievements will be impossible for them unless they choose to yeet a perma or two. X'D

I think there are very few people with 664 permas; certainly I'm not one of them.

And even if I were, I'd be fine with changing a perma's breed or genes temporarily in order to hatch offspring of that breed / with those genes.

I'd also be willing to board some of someone's dragons while they chased a breeding achievement, if it was necessary and if I got warning of how much spare space would be needed.

So I think people will be okay.

Sure it's a small portion of the userbase who have maxed slots filled with permas, but they do exist and I have them in my thoughts. XP

Boarding or exalting will be their the only options, and I don't envy 'em for having to do that shuffle for the new Achievements system when it arrives. (As a personal rule, my permas never leave my clan. Boarding is unsupported and it's a risk I don't wish to take. 8'D)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="marropo" date="2022-12-12 17:41:17" ] Idk if I'm a completionist per se—will do my best but usually can't afford to drop the cost of breed change scroll for just an acheivement. Guess it'll depend on what the rewards are? Very curious to see what the 500 could be. Like...that's A LOT. How will they distinguish themselves from Den slot tasks? Worry how many will be coli exclusive but alo excited at the prospect of daily activities having more utility beyond keeping months-years long breeding projects going. FR definitely needs some smaller loops. Also worry about how increasingly daunting it will be to join as a new player. FR has a LOT of (mostly simple) systems that can be pretty overwhelming and still lacks a thorough, official, easy to digest new player guide. Obv the devs will know better than me (and it's certaily not unusual for pets sites) but FR does seem to have pretty low long-term player retention. Hopefully this'll help more than hurt! [/quote] Achievements are easily distinguishable - they require actions, not item turn-ins. Not sure where you're getting low long-term retention from through - I and a lot of players I know have been here 5+ years (I've nearly been here 10!). It wouldn't have a concurrent user rate in the 2.5-3.5k range if it couldn't keep people
marropo wrote on 2022-12-12 17:41:17:
Idk if I'm a completionist per se—will do my best but usually can't afford to drop the cost of breed change scroll for just an acheivement. Guess it'll depend on what the rewards are?

Very curious to see what the 500 could be. Like...that's A LOT. How will they distinguish themselves from Den slot tasks?

Worry how many will be coli exclusive but alo excited at the prospect of daily activities having more utility beyond keeping months-years long breeding projects going. FR definitely needs some smaller loops.

Also worry about how increasingly daunting it will be to join as a new player. FR has a LOT of (mostly simple) systems that can be pretty overwhelming and still lacks a thorough, official, easy to digest new player guide. Obv the devs will know better than me (and it's certaily not unusual for pets sites) but FR does seem to have pretty low long-term player retention. Hopefully this'll help more than hurt!

Achievements are easily distinguishable - they require actions, not item turn-ins.

Not sure where you're getting low long-term retention from through - I and a lot of players I know have been here 5+ years (I've nearly been here 10!). It wouldn't have a concurrent user rate in the 2.5-3.5k range if it couldn't keep people
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Panther202" date="2022-12-13 09:15:14" ] I'm stoked. I've missed the achievements [/quote] This essentially^^
Panther202 wrote on 2022-12-13 09:15:14:
I'm stoked. I've missed the achievements
This essentially^^
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
1 2 3 4 5