Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | eye types you’d want to see?
1 2 3 4
I love the variation in eye types, but I wonder what other ideas they could come up with for them eventually.... So what kinds of eyes would you like to see in the future, theoretically at least? Personally, all I want is some way to give dragons pitch black void eyes or the same with white, but i’m not sure how that would work with elements... also, I think something along the lines of goat that gives dragons the typical slit pupil reminiscent of cats would be nice, I think some breeds can’t have eyes like that currently but I may be misremembering....
I love the variation in eye types, but I wonder what other ideas they could come up with for them eventually.... So what kinds of eyes would you like to see in the future, theoretically at least? Personally, all I want is some way to give dragons pitch black void eyes or the same with white, but i’m not sure how that would work with elements... also, I think something along the lines of goat that gives dragons the typical slit pupil reminiscent of cats would be nice, I think some breeds can’t have eyes like that currently but I may be misremembering....
61261722_Dbz0E3y8ordnBWj.png fenrir/vash

he/they/xe/it

fr+2

trading OCs here!
I’d like something like bright or pastel, but that makes the eyes look grayer and duller! Like their magic is lessened or weakened or something.
I’d like something like bright or pastel, but that makes the eyes look grayer and duller! Like their magic is lessened or weakened or something.
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
i'd really like to see more "mixed" eye colors like plague and lightning rare mostly white or black is already possible with some elements :o but not perfect as for an eye type id like to see on every breed- [item=starry regard] innocent but extra anime, please
i'd really like to see more "mixed" eye colors like plague and lightning rare
mostly white or black is already possible with some elements :o but not perfect

as for an eye type id like to see on every breed-

Starry Regard

innocent but extra anime, please
Untitled-1.png
I'd like to see a desaturated/dull eyetype as well as an eyetype that involves unorthodox colors such as a blue variant of Fire eyes (since fire can burn blue), etc. But I think my number one eyetype is one that where the eye is almost completely black and you'd have to zoom in to see a hint of the elemental color. This is mostly because there are some eye colors and body colors that just clash no matter what (e.g.), and having a very dark eye type would make it easier to just ignore that.
I'd like to see a desaturated/dull eyetype as well as an eyetype that involves unorthodox colors such as a blue variant of Fire eyes (since fire can burn blue), etc. But I think my number one eyetype is one that where the eye is almost completely black and you'd have to zoom in to see a hint of the elemental color. This is mostly because there are some eye colors and body colors that just clash no matter what (e.g.), and having a very dark eye type would make it easier to just ignore that.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
Give the people their buttons! (Button eyes were a popular suggestion after Stitched/Patchwork came out).

Maybe something that's kinda like facet but less bug like? Maybe more gemstone like, like those old jewel-eyed mlps. Big, round, pupiless with less 'facets' so it's shaped more like a cut gemstone.

Similarly something that creates a smooth opalescent effect would be really cool. (And fitting given the amount of 'stone' based genes we have.) (I'm kinda big on pupil-less eyes, makes things feel more powerful and fantastical)

More gradient eyes like what we see with plague and lightning (I think?) rare.

A cyclopian eye would be really cool but that might be better as a breed suggestion...
Give the people their buttons! (Button eyes were a popular suggestion after Stitched/Patchwork came out).

Maybe something that's kinda like facet but less bug like? Maybe more gemstone like, like those old jewel-eyed mlps. Big, round, pupiless with less 'facets' so it's shaped more like a cut gemstone.

Similarly something that creates a smooth opalescent effect would be really cool. (And fitting given the amount of 'stone' based genes we have.) (I'm kinda big on pupil-less eyes, makes things feel more powerful and fantastical)

More gradient eyes like what we see with plague and lightning (I think?) rare.

A cyclopian eye would be really cool but that might be better as a breed suggestion...
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
desaturated eyes would be nice! along with more unorthodox colors like blue-tinted fire eyes, purple lightning eyes or yellow plague eyes [quote=Halszkaraptor] Maybe something that's kinda like facet but less bug like? Maybe more gemstone like, like those old jewel-eyed mlps. Big, round, pupiless with less 'facets' so it's shaped more like a cut gemstone.[/quote] ooh...something like a star gemstone would be really neat [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/60/67/7d/60677dcf1bbfd6f100ee5ab614a7547e--black-sapphire-star-sapphire.jpg[/img]
desaturated eyes would be nice! along with more unorthodox colors like blue-tinted fire eyes, purple lightning eyes or yellow plague eyes
Halszkaraptor wrote:

ooh...something like a star gemstone would be really neat

60677dcf1bbfd6f100ee5ab614a7547e--black-sapphire-star-sapphire.jpg
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
Cuttlefish pupils
Cuttlefish pupils
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
More line-breaking stuff like primal and multigaze would be fun. Even though the clipping can kind of suck I think its worth it for how cool they are lol
More line-breaking stuff like primal and multigaze would be fun. Even though the clipping can kind of suck I think its worth it for how cool they are lol
Uw1G2JB.png
I did see a cool suggestion a bit back for- for lack of a better way to describe it- Sans Undertale "pinprick of color in a dark void" eyes. That would be pretty neat!

Otherwise- y'all know that Dark Sclera gives cat pupils, yeah?
I did see a cool suggestion a bit back for- for lack of a better way to describe it- Sans Undertale "pinprick of color in a dark void" eyes. That would be pretty neat!

Otherwise- y'all know that Dark Sclera gives cat pupils, yeah?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="HurricaneWinds" date="2022-12-04 16:17:18" ] desaturated eyes would be nice! along with more unorthodox colors like blue-tinted fire eyes, purple lightning eyes or yellow plague eyes [quote=Halszkaraptor] Maybe something that's kinda like facet but less bug like? Maybe more gemstone like, like those old jewel-eyed mlps. Big, round, pupiless with less 'facets' so it's shaped more like a cut gemstone.[/quote] ooh...something like a star gemstone would be really neat [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/60/67/7d/60677dcf1bbfd6f100ee5ab614a7547e--black-sapphire-star-sapphire.jpg[/img] [/quote] I would dig this! Maybe call it Cabochon? It wouldn't probably be implemented because a lot of adult dragons have such tiny eyes, but an eye type with cross pupils would be awesome. For that frog or anime look in your life.
HurricaneWinds wrote on 2022-12-04 16:17:18:
desaturated eyes would be nice! along with more unorthodox colors like blue-tinted fire eyes, purple lightning eyes or yellow plague eyes
Halszkaraptor wrote:

ooh...something like a star gemstone would be really neat

60677dcf1bbfd6f100ee5ab614a7547e--black-sapphire-star-sapphire.jpg
I would dig this! Maybe call it Cabochon?

It wouldn't probably be implemented because a lot of adult dragons have such tiny eyes, but an eye type with cross pupils would be awesome. For that frog or anime look in your life.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
1 2 3 4