Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nevermind
1 2
Just something I've noticed with Ancient genes, particularly linebreaking tertiaries -- Multigaze clips with certain genes really badly. I noticed it the most on 3D terts, like Tentacles, Sailfin, and Pufferfish for Undertides, but as I dug around in the scrying workshop, clipping issues with multigaze are visible on most, if not all, linebreaking ancient terts. I put some of the most glaringly obvious examples here. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=21&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=125&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=10177b117fb84c4540206e59254c6676af7478ef&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=21&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=127&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=864d2078eda7a53903a837296bd31758a1aa11ec&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=51&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=8b774ced2aeef53685fef3bf4a23f939b4a6872e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=33&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=08d0101b1c9e949db5b28ef9973dcfea01db6252&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Just something I've noticed with Ancient genes, particularly linebreaking tertiaries -- Multigaze clips with certain genes really badly.

I noticed it the most on 3D terts, like Tentacles, Sailfin, and Pufferfish for Undertides, but as I dug around in the scrying workshop, clipping issues with multigaze are visible on most, if not all, linebreaking ancient terts.

I put some of the most glaringly obvious examples here.

dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=21&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=125&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=10177b117fb84c4540206e59254c6676af7478ef&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=21&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=127&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=864d2078eda7a53903a837296bd31758a1aa11ec&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=51&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=8b774ced2aeef53685fef3bf4a23f939b4a6872e&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=33&winggene=0&wings=36&auth=08d0101b1c9e949db5b28ef9973dcfea01db6252&dummyext=prev.png
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
i have to admit, even if this is a glitch (which im not sure it is given how long it's gone unaddressed) i really like multigaze on line breaking terts. i like that the eyes dont get covered and i think the effects you show in those examples just genuinely look really cool. unless this is a glitch, no support for it getting changed. (even if it is a glitch - it's been like this for so long that i would be very unhappy if they changed it now)
i have to admit, even if this is a glitch (which im not sure it is given how long it's gone unaddressed) i really like multigaze on line breaking terts. i like that the eyes dont get covered and i think the effects you show in those examples just genuinely look really cool. unless this is a glitch, no support for it getting changed. (even if it is a glitch - it's been like this for so long that i would be very unhappy if they changed it now)
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
It's not a glitch, it's a by product of how dragon images are generated in layers. Eyes go on the top layer, if a linebreaking gene crosses over the space used by special eye types you get clipping.

It's existed from the beginning of Ancient breeds.
It's not a glitch, it's a by product of how dragon images are generated in layers. Eyes go on the top layer, if a linebreaking gene crosses over the space used by special eye types you get clipping.

It's existed from the beginning of Ancient breeds.
Ngl but I actually really like it on the Tentacles example.
Ngl but I actually really like it on the Tentacles example.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I actually kind of like the clipping >.> Especially Scorpion on Gaolers and Tentacles on Undertides, it looks freaky and cool.
I actually kind of like the clipping >.> Especially Scorpion on Gaolers and Tentacles on Undertides, it looks freaky and cool.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
@Phoeniz @Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3186364#post_3186364]undertide gene error report thread[/url] -- [quote name="Undel" date="2022-11-22 07:01:07" ] Sadly, the multi gaze and line breaking tertiary issue is a technical limitation. Eyes must always layer over the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes, and they are not contextually aware of what is below them and able to alter their shape to accommodate. This is a limitation with all of our dragons that have line breaking tertiaries. [/quote] it bothers me too!! i genuinely don't understand how they can't work around the layering - BUT this is something very easily searchable as people constantly say something about it, even in the gene error threads themselves, usually without reading what's already been said about it
@Phoeniz @Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the undertide gene error report thread --

Undel wrote on 2022-11-22 07:01:07:
Sadly, the multi gaze and line breaking tertiary issue is a technical limitation. Eyes must always layer over the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes, and they are not contextually aware of what is below them and able to alter their shape to accommodate. This is a limitation with all of our dragons that have line breaking tertiaries.

it bothers me too!! i genuinely don't understand how they can't work around the layering - BUT this is something very easily searchable as people constantly say something about it, even in the gene error threads themselves, usually without reading what's already been said about it
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I think certain terts we just have to accept.

But we should absolutely not accept clipping on terts like Blossom, Mucous, Thorns, etc. Terts that should be able to go around or just not be in places where they'd clip. There's no reason why Blossom should clip, but it does. Ancients need the extra attention paid their terts, because that's all they get.
I think certain terts we just have to accept.

But we should absolutely not accept clipping on terts like Blossom, Mucous, Thorns, etc. Terts that should be able to go around or just not be in places where they'd clip. There's no reason why Blossom should clip, but it does. Ancients need the extra attention paid their terts, because that's all they get.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
As always, when possible they should design line breaking genes that minimize clipping with multigaze (while insuring that the gene looks natural on dragons without multigaze) such as genes along the line of blossom. If clipping is necessary to pull off a concept, I’d rather it clip and I not use that gene on a multigaze dragon rather than not have the gene at all
As always, when possible they should design line breaking genes that minimize clipping with multigaze (while insuring that the gene looks natural on dragons without multigaze) such as genes along the line of blossom. If clipping is necessary to pull off a concept, I’d rather it clip and I not use that gene on a multigaze dragon rather than not have the gene at all
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-12-01 17:12:10" ] @Phoeniz @Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3186364#post_3186364]undertide gene error report thread[/url] -- [quote name="Undel" date="2022-11-22 07:01:07" ] Sadly, the multi gaze and line breaking tertiary issue is a technical limitation. Eyes must always layer over the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes, and they are not contextually aware of what is below them and able to alter their shape to accommodate. This is a limitation with all of our dragons that have line breaking tertiaries. [/quote] it bothers me too!! i genuinely don't understand how they can't work around the layering - BUT this is something very easily searchable as people constantly say something about it, even in the gene error threads themselves, usually without reading what's already been said about it [/quote] i didn't search it because i'm not the person who made this thread. i was just sharing my thoughts on this issue and my point still stands, even if they found a way to fix it i wouldn't want it to be fixed as i genuinely prefer it this way and it's been like this for so long.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-12-01 17:12:10:
@Phoeniz @Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the undertide gene error report thread --

Sadly, the multi gaze and line breaking tertiary issue is a technical limitation. Eyes must always layer over the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes, and they are not contextually aware of what is below them and able to alter their shape to accommodate. This is a limitation with all of our dragons that have line breaking tertiaries.

it bothers me too!! i genuinely don't understand how they can't work around the layering - BUT this is something very easily searchable as people constantly say something about it, even in the gene error threads themselves, usually without reading what's already been said about it

i didn't search it because i'm not the person who made this thread. i was just sharing my thoughts on this issue and my point still stands, even if they found a way to fix it i wouldn't want it to be fixed as i genuinely prefer it this way and it's been like this for so long.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2022-12-01 18:40:21" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-12-01 17:12:10" ] @/Phoeniz @/Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3186364#post_3186364]undertide gene error report thread[/url] -- [quote name="Undel" date="2022-11-22 07:01:07" ] Sadly, the multi gaze and line breaking tertiary issue is a technical limitation. Eyes must always layer over the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes, and they are not contextually aware of what is below them and able to alter their shape to accommodate. This is a limitation with all of our dragons that have line breaking tertiaries. [/quote] it bothers me too!! i genuinely don't understand how they can't work around the layering - BUT this is something very easily searchable as people constantly say something about it, even in the gene error threads themselves, usually without reading what's already been said about it [/quote] i didn't search it because i'm not the person who made this thread. i was just sharing my thoughts on this issue and my point still stands, even if they found a way to fix it i wouldn't want it to be fixed as i genuinely prefer it this way and it's been like this for so long. [/quote] @Kuroikumo i'm addressing you as well because you said "[b]i have to admit, even if this is a glitch (which im not sure it is given how long it's gone unaddressed)[/b]" which means you could have searched it to see if this was a longstanding problem before commenting because you made the claim that it's gone unaddressed and i was pointing out to you that that isn't the case.
Kuroikumo wrote on 2022-12-01 18:40:21:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-12-01 17:12:10:
@/Phoeniz @/Kuroikumo this has been addressed and readdressed with every single ancient release but here, from the undertide gene error report thread --

i didn't search it because i'm not the person who made this thread. i was just sharing my thoughts on this issue and my point still stands, even if they found a way to fix it i wouldn't want it to be fixed as i genuinely prefer it this way and it's been like this for so long.

@Kuroikumo i'm addressing you as well because you said "i have to admit, even if this is a glitch (which im not sure it is given how long it's gone unaddressed)" which means you could have searched it to see if this was a longstanding problem before commenting because you made the claim that it's gone unaddressed and i was pointing out to you that that isn't the case.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2