Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | hatchling probability calc/update aug 13
1 2 3 4 5
@macabrepuck thank you for letting me know!
if i understand correctly this might actually be the way its intended to work: the hatchling range has to be fully included in the parent range. for example if you enter maize for both parents and antique-maize for the hatchling, this is not the case and an error will be thrown.
i can edit it to check for overlaps instead, though that doesnt feel as intuitive for me personally.
@macabrepuck thank you for letting me know!
if i understand correctly this might actually be the way its intended to work: the hatchling range has to be fully included in the parent range. for example if you enter maize for both parents and antique-maize for the hatchling, this is not the case and an error will be thrown.
i can edit it to check for overlaps instead, though that doesnt feel as intuitive for me personally.
{windkind||fr+9||they/them}
i know this is confusing, but i didn't invent logic!
hatchling probability calculator * search maker * scry hatchling generator
Ohhhh I see. Hm. I can see the benefits for both configurations, honestly. How much trouble would instituting a toggle switch, like for the ranges, be? If it’s too much trouble, no worries, I’ll figure out another way to go about things.
Ohhhh I see. Hm. I can see the benefits for both configurations, honestly. How much trouble would instituting a toggle switch, like for the ranges, be? If it’s too much trouble, no worries, I’ll figure out another way to go about things.
@macabrepuck thats a good idea actually! i will look into implementing something like that, thank you for the suggestion.
(this would take some time to build and test, but the probably wont be too much trouble)
@macabrepuck thats a good idea actually! i will look into implementing something like that, thank you for the suggestion.
(this would take some time to build and test, but the probably wont be too much trouble)
Oh cool! I’d appreciate it if you could @ me if/when that happens. I appreciate that you’re open to the idea. Have a good day!
Oh cool! I’d appreciate it if you could @ me if/when that happens. I appreciate that you’re open to the idea. Have a good day!
new color range mode is now online! it comes with a little explanation on the page, you can now enter color ranges for the target that only partially overlap the parent range rather than the target range needing to be fully included in the parent range.
@macabrepuck give it a try! i did some testing and ironed out all the errors i could find, however i had to move some things around (for example the "invalid range" errors are now thrown in a different place) so there might be stuff i didnt catch.
as always, error reports are appreciated!
new color range mode is now online! it comes with a little explanation on the page, you can now enter color ranges for the target that only partially overlap the parent range rather than the target range needing to be fully included in the parent range.
@macabrepuck give it a try! i did some testing and ironed out all the errors i could find, however i had to move some things around (for example the "invalid range" errors are now thrown in a different place) so there might be stuff i didnt catch.
as always, error reports are appreciated!
It works perfectly! Thank you so much!!!
It works perfectly! Thank you so much!!!
little update:
  • added tide and foam
  • shaved down the new range comparison logic some
  • fixed the export/import feature. this broke because the variable i used to read out the url didnt return the actual url anymore for some reason. it will now load the correct range option as well!
little update:
  • added tide and foam
  • shaved down the new range comparison logic some
  • fixed the export/import feature. this broke because the variable i used to read out the url didnt return the actual url anymore for some reason. it will now load the correct range option as well!
was a bit busy this week, but caught up for now!
  • new tab for undertide dragons
  • streamlined the scry import validity check some so i dont have to touch the importer javascript every time they add a new ancient breed.
was a bit busy this week, but caught up for now!
  • new tab for undertide dragons
  • streamlined the scry import validity check some so i dont have to touch the importer javascript every time they add a new ancient breed.
added recent genes for both modern and ancient breeds!
added recent genes for both modern and ancient breeds!
added a tab for aether dragons and a variety of other new genes! lmk if i missed anything.
added a tab for aether dragons and a variety of other new genes! lmk if i missed anything.
1 2 3 4 5