Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Forsee Progeny AND Bloodlines
1 2 3 4
Support. If nests can have this feature, I see very little reason why the forsee progeny tool can't, and it'd remove a bit of unnecessary tedium.
Support. If nests can have this feature, I see very little reason why the forsee progeny tool can't, and it'd remove a bit of unnecessary tedium.
tumblr_inline_n7br3pi5vV1qi3qwo.png
10 hours ahead of FR time -- may be slow to respond to messages
100% support this I forgot to check one males bloodline and his auction was almost ending so needless to say after checking the offspring possibilities with my female I bought him only to realize after he was related to her. That little warning banner at the top would be great and would definitely save people future accidents :)
100% support this I forgot to check one males bloodline and his auction was almost ending so needless to say after checking the offspring possibilities with my female I bought him only to realize after he was related to her. That little warning banner at the top would be great and would definitely save people future accidents :)
Support, it's annoying to have to make extra clicks and copy paste the ID twice more just to get information that intuitively could be bundled on one page. Not the kind of busy work I enjoy.
Support, it's annoying to have to make extra clicks and copy paste the ID twice more just to get information that intuitively could be bundled on one page. Not the kind of busy work I enjoy.
8et5D0P.pngnWiQNX9.png
Support, although personally I might find the pop-up annoying at times because I often put dragons within 5 generations of each other into Forsee Progeny just to get an idea of what similar offspring could look like.
Support, although personally I might find the pop-up annoying at times because I often put dragons within 5 generations of each other into Forsee Progeny just to get an idea of what similar offspring could look like.
I think a good compromise could be having an option on the Assay Bloodlines screen that would take you directly to Foresee Progeny for the selected pair. That way you would only have to input the ID numbers once. If you are checking for a breeding pair it would streamline the process and if that is not relevant to you the change would have no impact.
I think a good compromise could be having an option on the Assay Bloodlines screen that would take you directly to Foresee Progeny for the selected pair. That way you would only have to input the ID numbers once. If you are checking for a breeding pair it would streamline the process and if that is not relevant to you the change would have no impact.
All the extra clicking is cumbersome so I support bundling this together on one page.
All the extra clicking is cumbersome so I support bundling this together on one page.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
While current bloodlines provide only one sentence "related or not" I support add one more button - "assai bloodlines" - to same page with foresee progeny.

And rework page assay bloodlines to show entire tree to named same accestor
While current bloodlines provide only one sentence "related or not" I support add one more button - "assai bloodlines" - to same page with foresee progeny.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support! I think them being in separate places is a bit annoying and inconvenient. Them being in one place would be nicer.
Support! I think them being in separate places is a bit annoying and inconvenient. Them being in one place would be nicer.
everbloomsig.png
Support! I like the idea of getting a warning on foresee progeny if the the dragons are related too closely to breed, the extra clicking to check in both there and assay bloodlines when looking for breeding pairs is pretty annoying. I would heavily prefer if the warning weren't a popup though, as I think that would be obtrusive if someone is just looking at related dragons to get an idea of what a similar pair might make as babies. Maybe it could be a red colored text that shows under the dragons or the predict button, just saying something simple like "these dragons are too closely related to breed," so then it's noticeable without being disruptive. [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-11-09 08:22:36" ] While current bloodlines provide only one sentence "related or not" I support add one more button - "assai bloodlines" - to same page with foresee progeny. And rework page assay bloodlines to show entire tree to named same accestor [/quote] I really like the idea of showing the family tree so that you can see the common ancestor in assay bloodlines. It would be nice if the common ancestor was bolded or another color or something to make it obvious which one. It would honestly be really cool if you could see either in assay bloodlines or foresee progeny whether the dragons were related, but in assay bloodline you got the more detailed tree thing, and if maybe you could import the dragon ids from one into the other somehow as well. I would also not personally be opposed to assay bloodlines and foresee progeny being made into one combined page either.
Support! I like the idea of getting a warning on foresee progeny if the the dragons are related too closely to breed, the extra clicking to check in both there and assay bloodlines when looking for breeding pairs is pretty annoying. I would heavily prefer if the warning weren't a popup though, as I think that would be obtrusive if someone is just looking at related dragons to get an idea of what a similar pair might make as babies. Maybe it could be a red colored text that shows under the dragons or the predict button, just saying something simple like "these dragons are too closely related to breed," so then it's noticeable without being disruptive.

Alkhor wrote on 2022-11-09 08:22:36:

I really like the idea of showing the family tree so that you can see the common ancestor in assay bloodlines. It would be nice if the common ancestor was bolded or another color or something to make it obvious which one.

It would honestly be really cool if you could see either in assay bloodlines or foresee progeny whether the dragons were related, but in assay bloodline you got the more detailed tree thing, and if maybe you could import the dragon ids from one into the other somehow as well. I would also not personally be opposed to assay bloodlines and foresee progeny being made into one combined page either.
I think it would be convenient to have Foresee and Assay combined into one. Not necessarily to make it block you from Foresee (sometimes if the siblings have different genes it can give you an idea of what to look for on a proper mate) or to give a popup (that would be irritating for the aforementioned reason if you're like me an like to see multiple options), but to put the buttom below "Preview" in Foresee. The nice thing is you wouldn't really have to actually change the name of the feature by doing this: you're trying to foresee what happens if you try to breed them (Assay Bloodlines) and you're, of course, trying to Foresee Progeny.
I think it would be convenient to have Foresee and Assay combined into one. Not necessarily to make it block you from Foresee (sometimes if the siblings have different genes it can give you an idea of what to look for on a proper mate) or to give a popup (that would be irritating for the aforementioned reason if you're like me an like to see multiple options), but to put the buttom below "Preview" in Foresee. The nice thing is you wouldn't really have to actually change the name of the feature by doing this: you're trying to foresee what happens if you try to breed them (Assay Bloodlines) and you're, of course, trying to Foresee Progeny.
1 2 3 4