Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | WoF Fan-group: Wings of Flight Rising
1 2 ... 374 375 376 377 378 ... 383 384

@DrftingDreams
CosmicHurricane was right on the money about the art style. It looks like he only took a cursory glance at Joy's references in the beginning of each book and decided he could do it.
Example A: drawing the fins on the SeaWing's belly all the way to their tail, despite the fact that it stops at the belly.

@DrftingDreams
CosmicHurricane was right on the money about the art style. It looks like he only took a cursory glance at Joy's references in the beginning of each book and decided he could do it.
Example A: drawing the fins on the SeaWing's belly all the way to their tail, despite the fact that it stops at the belly.
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
[quote name="CosmicHurricane" date="2022-10-17 15:54:51" ] @/driftingdreams If it's something from the 5th or 6th GN, I don't know (didn't read those), but I know that he just entirely changed the prologue of Book 2. Hated that :| Looking at the quote, though, I think they're just talking about how weird Holmes' art style is (I personally don't really like how the NightWings look) [/quote] I don't really like how any of them look... All the dragons seem to have lost the grace and beauty that makes them dragons. They all look kinda fat, their limbs are too human-like, and their wings are like little twigs. I just. It's not my thing, I don't mind if other people don't mind it but I do.
CosmicHurricane wrote on 2022-10-17 15:54:51:
@/driftingdreams If it's something from the 5th or 6th GN, I don't know (didn't read those), but I know that he just entirely changed the prologue of Book 2. Hated that :|

Looking at the quote, though, I think they're just talking about how weird Holmes' art style is (I personally don't really like how the NightWings look)
I don't really like how any of them look... All the dragons seem to have lost the grace and beauty that makes them dragons. They all look kinda fat, their limbs are too human-like, and their wings are like little twigs. I just.
It's not my thing, I don't mind if other people don't mind it but I do.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
I have found my people! @EPICdragon99 I wish to join :>
I have found my people! @EPICdragon99 I wish to join :>
tumblr_nkncliWJn31tfgp5so3_100.gif
eIK5iG7.pngfLdYOuE.pngGLMwkdE.png
0034-skull.gif0112-peep.gif
yessss WoF! i just made myself a wof-sona hehe
yessss WoF! i just made myself a wof-sona hehe
roar! ^_^ i'm anna, or avo. WizmHQi.png
- — [ dragoness.carrd.co
]

tumblr_inline_re1v10hAZU1xxzinw_500.gif
Yeah I agree with @/amethystseawing like look at the way he draws arms, huh??? And yes his nightwings are really strange but drawing over 1000 panels is really something to be proud of, I can’t even draw one page let alone 5. Freaking. Books.
Yeah I agree with @/amethystseawing like look at the way he draws arms, huh??? And yes his nightwings are really strange but drawing over 1000 panels is really something to be proud of, I can’t even draw one page let alone 5. Freaking. Books.
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
@CosmicHurricane [img]https://i.imgur.com/Iffh3k9.png[/img] I graduated in May!! I went on hiatus b/c a LOT of things happened around then, lol. It was a ton of fun to revisit a series that shaped my childhood so much with a more analytical lens! I haven't reread my thesis in a while... I think my main point was that Turtle, Peril, and Qibli are surprisingly accurate portrayals of PTSD, but there's an inherent issue w/ their character arcs wrapping up with the implication that they're ~cured~ b/c they went on a magical adventure. Ah, well, it's kids books. It was fun to analyze, but there's only so much Accurate Trauma Portrayal you can expect an author to juggle while also writing for an audience of primarily kids who don't exactly Know a Lot about psychology. Edit: I only ended up having enough time to do a single edit, but in that edit, I cut out about 30 pages worth of content. This is the table of contents when I left in long diatribes about Darkstalker and Anemone: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sK5GpOQ.png[/img]
@CosmicHurricane

Iffh3k9.png

I graduated in May!! I went on hiatus b/c a LOT of things happened around then, lol. It was a ton of fun to revisit a series that shaped my childhood so much with a more analytical lens!

I haven't reread my thesis in a while... I think my main point was that Turtle, Peril, and Qibli are surprisingly accurate portrayals of PTSD, but there's an inherent issue w/ their character arcs wrapping up with the implication that they're ~cured~ b/c they went on a magical adventure. Ah, well, it's kids books. It was fun to analyze, but there's only so much Accurate Trauma Portrayal you can expect an author to juggle while also writing for an audience of primarily kids who don't exactly Know a Lot about psychology.

Edit: I only ended up having enough time to do a single edit, but in that edit, I cut out about 30 pages worth of content. This is the table of contents when I left in long diatribes about Darkstalker and Anemone:
sK5GpOQ.png
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
@EPICdragon99
Can I join This group? I have been looking for this for so long! WoF Forever!
@EPICdragon99
Can I join This group? I have been looking for this for so long! WoF Forever!
Formerly shrooomzz
bfSFYSu.png
*Also* If anyone wants to tell me about an OC they want me to make (Describe, Send me pictures, Whatever) I'd be happy to. Tell me here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3179742#post_3179742
*Also* If anyone wants to tell me about an OC they want me to make (Describe, Send me pictures, Whatever) I'd be happy to. Tell me here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3179742#post_3179742
Formerly shrooomzz
bfSFYSu.png
I LOVE Wings of Fire AND Flight Rising. Can I join?
I LOVE Wings of Fire AND Flight Rising. Can I join?
Ew1aQ.gif ReYk2.gif XXX/Lineage Challenge! 3KhpP.gif zIvmV.gif
IBHaGUE.gif
I have been needing an outlet for my love of these books, and after SO long, I have found it! I am so happy!

Also I believe I need to give @EPICdragon99 a ping? Sorry if I misunderstood the rules.
I have been needing an outlet for my love of these books, and after SO long, I have found it! I am so happy!

Also I believe I need to give @EPICdragon99 a ping? Sorry if I misunderstood the rules.
1 2 ... 374 375 376 377 378 ... 383 384