Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are some "rare" media you know
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
[quote name="Birdarang" date="2022-10-27 06:24:03" ] [quote name="RocinanteX1" date="2022-10-25 16:42:20" ] The big one with TV though is Power Rangers which technically isn't obscure but, when I see people talking about it they don't refer to a specific season or anything. So far I have watched 12 seasons and that's still not the half way point :) [/quote] If people talk about Power Rangers, it’s always MMPR or like Alien Rangers or something else from the first few seasons. Nobody ever wants to talk about SPD or Mystic Force or Jungle Fury or Dino Charge, etc. [/quote] True! I haven't seen ANY mention of Wild Force, which is one of the ones I watched awhile back on Netflix and loved!
Birdarang wrote on 2022-10-27 06:24:03:
RocinanteX1 wrote on 2022-10-25 16:42:20:
The big one with TV though is Power Rangers which technically isn't obscure but, when I see people talking about it they don't refer to a specific season or anything. So far I have watched 12 seasons and that's still not the half way point :)

If people talk about Power Rangers, it’s always MMPR or like Alien Rangers or something else from the first few seasons. Nobody ever wants to talk about SPD or Mystic Force or Jungle Fury or Dino Charge, etc.
True! I haven't seen ANY mention of Wild Force, which is one of the ones I watched awhile back on Netflix and loved!
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
apUeZZ4.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
w8o0xW1.png LJfZA40.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
T0lT2WO.png
the mimic - roblox
the mimic - roblox
74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png
First up is Utopia: Origin!

It's an obscure survival MMO in which you get to explore a fantasy world. It's basically a survival MMO where you can do... pretty much whatever you want. There's no storyline to complete; you can just chill, harvest resources, craft what you want, explore... it's a fun little game to play.

However, the game IS a mobile game and you need a mobile emulator to play it if you use a PC (like me).

I'm pretty sure the devs of the game are okay with it, because on their website, they linked to a download of the .apk file.

.apk files can only be run on android. So I'm pretty sure... they do like it if people emulate the game on PCs.
~~~

There's also Mini World: Creata, another obscure mobile game.

It's kind of a ripoff of Minecraft, but it's a pretty good ripoff. A ripoff decent enough that I would recommend it if you can't play Minecraft for whatever reason, along with Minetest.

They've got multiplayer, a very gorgeous artstyle, very gorgeous assets, different monsters in the survival mode, furniture, mounts (although you DO need to pay to get them), and some modding capabilities!

However, the modding capabilities aren't as good as Minecraft. You can do some basic stuff with modding... but I doubt you can do stuff like adding new dimensions. You can add items, and make models for said items, though!

For things like skins, you can either get them through paying money or through events.

Although some blocks you do need to unlock through the Garden, a feature skewed towards paying features... it's only stuff like furniture though.

Almost everything is free, and the stuff you DO need to pay for is cosmetic. Except for mounts, and the blocks. Still, I don't find the paying stuff obnoxious.

From my experience with the game, you also didn't need to get an account to play multiplayer. You just did 'guest' option (or something like that) typed in your username... and played.

You need a mobile emulator for this one as well, if you want to play it on a PC.
First up is Utopia: Origin!

It's an obscure survival MMO in which you get to explore a fantasy world. It's basically a survival MMO where you can do... pretty much whatever you want. There's no storyline to complete; you can just chill, harvest resources, craft what you want, explore... it's a fun little game to play.

However, the game IS a mobile game and you need a mobile emulator to play it if you use a PC (like me).

I'm pretty sure the devs of the game are okay with it, because on their website, they linked to a download of the .apk file.

.apk files can only be run on android. So I'm pretty sure... they do like it if people emulate the game on PCs.
~~~

There's also Mini World: Creata, another obscure mobile game.

It's kind of a ripoff of Minecraft, but it's a pretty good ripoff. A ripoff decent enough that I would recommend it if you can't play Minecraft for whatever reason, along with Minetest.

They've got multiplayer, a very gorgeous artstyle, very gorgeous assets, different monsters in the survival mode, furniture, mounts (although you DO need to pay to get them), and some modding capabilities!

However, the modding capabilities aren't as good as Minecraft. You can do some basic stuff with modding... but I doubt you can do stuff like adding new dimensions. You can add items, and make models for said items, though!

For things like skins, you can either get them through paying money or through events.

Although some blocks you do need to unlock through the Garden, a feature skewed towards paying features... it's only stuff like furniture though.

Almost everything is free, and the stuff you DO need to pay for is cosmetic. Except for mounts, and the blocks. Still, I don't find the paying stuff obnoxious.

From my experience with the game, you also didn't need to get an account to play multiplayer. You just did 'guest' option (or something like that) typed in your username... and played.

You need a mobile emulator for this one as well, if you want to play it on a PC.
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
i guess this can be consider a rare cartoon but the show of w.i.t.c.h it's so underrated just like dragon booster
i guess this can be consider a rare cartoon but the show of w.i.t.c.h it's so underrated just like dragon booster
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
some of my favorite games ever are Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 - they're early Fromsoft games for Gamecube and use this really cool card-based combat and also have some of the coolest monster designs!!
some of my favorite games ever are Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 - they're early Fromsoft games for Gamecube and use this really cool card-based combat and also have some of the coolest monster designs!!
Oh dear... How about Clang Invasion? I was obsessed with it as a 10 year old. It's a Canadian show from 2007 and it's Really bad but bc i loved it as a kid its always in my heart
Other than that i was big on Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja for a couple years! Oh and I'm revisiting Super Hero Squad Show, also from my childhood :-)
Oh dear... How about Clang Invasion? I was obsessed with it as a 10 year old. It's a Canadian show from 2007 and it's Really bad but bc i loved it as a kid its always in my heart
Other than that i was big on Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja for a couple years! Oh and I'm revisiting Super Hero Squad Show, also from my childhood :-)

dreamy_night_by_kittea_paws_ddkw4s9.gif
d8njc9b-009b00a6-d7f8-4b86-a95c-ebf27c069f06.pngMiasmagoriad8njc9b-009b00a6-d7f8-4b86-a95c-ebf27c069f06.png
Cebi/Nero/Folly | he/they/it/🎱
20 | brazilian | FR+5
mini_stars_divider__2__by_usagipinku_d7l42dw.png
Working on my lore and aesthetic
Ok with random friend requests!
smol_cat_bell_bow_by_kittea_paws_ddqm4t2.gif
bigay.png
O62tc6n.png
bYt72YT.png
d8njc9b-009b00a6-d7f8-4b86-a95c-ebf27c069f06.png
i know Minecraft itself is pretty popular but i play a server that i don't really hear much about outside of the community itself. its called Wynncraft and its basically an mmorpg in Minecraft. despite it being the largest of its kind, i honestly don't hear much about it. its all vanilla and there's been a lot of work put into it since it was released in 2013. its obscure enough that i was surprised to learn there was someone else with fandragons of it!

the only other thing i can think of is probably Sam & Max? i'm always surprised to see other people who are into it because its like...Wow i know those guys too
i know Minecraft itself is pretty popular but i play a server that i don't really hear much about outside of the community itself. its called Wynncraft and its basically an mmorpg in Minecraft. despite it being the largest of its kind, i honestly don't hear much about it. its all vanilla and there's been a lot of work put into it since it was released in 2013. its obscure enough that i was surprised to learn there was someone else with fandragons of it!

the only other thing i can think of is probably Sam & Max? i'm always surprised to see other people who are into it because its like...Wow i know those guys too
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
Mysteries of Providence which is mainly lost media except for the Romanian dub (my luck tho, we usually don't preserve anything), Bounty Hamster, Monster Buster Club and Khrono Crusade.
Mysteries of Providence which is mainly lost media except for the Romanian dub (my luck tho, we usually don't preserve anything), Bounty Hamster, Monster Buster Club and Khrono Crusade.
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
röki is a charming little game. it's pretty well received.
if you like folklore, fantasy, critters + puzzles, then check this out! my only bits of criticism are that the part in the well is kind of boring, but it's a small part, and that the human voice lines get a tad bit annoying
röki is a charming little game. it's pretty well received.
if you like folklore, fantasy, critters + puzzles, then check this out! my only bits of criticism are that the part in the well is kind of boring, but it's a small part, and that the human voice lines get a tad bit annoying
74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png
@PlaguePlush @Birdarang
It's kind of a shame that no one really talks about Power rangers cause some seasons are really good!
Every season from In space to Mystic Force is awesome but no one talks about them
Plus it's super difficult finding anyone who you can talk about it with in the first place
@PlaguePlush @Birdarang
It's kind of a shame that no one really talks about Power rangers cause some seasons are really good!
Every season from In space to Mystic Force is awesome but no one talks about them
Plus it's super difficult finding anyone who you can talk about it with in the first place
alMN0i2.pngOQwOmsS.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16