Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | can’t use messages?
a friend of mine isn’t able to type any messages through the thing, what should she do? is this some sort of bug, or is there a limit to how many you can send a day or something like that?
a friend of mine isn’t able to type any messages through the thing, what should she do? is this some sort of bug, or is there a limit to how many you can send a day or something like that?
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
@decomposedcarrot

At a glance, it sounds like she's just reached the PM spam filter, an automatic process that kicks in if you send too many messages in a short amount of time, as this can indicate harmful spam or botting. This should be bringing up an error message saying to wait a while before sending more messages. The only solution is to wait it out and take a break from sending PMs.

The criteria for "too many, too fast" and how long you must wait are both inconsistent and unknown, probably by design. If we knew exactly how long it took, the actual bots and spammers would be able to work around the parameters to maximize their output. Give it a couple hours or even a day, and she'll be able to send messages again.

If she isn't seeing that error message or she's having a different issue, could either of you include more details about the problem?
@decomposedcarrot

At a glance, it sounds like she's just reached the PM spam filter, an automatic process that kicks in if you send too many messages in a short amount of time, as this can indicate harmful spam or botting. This should be bringing up an error message saying to wait a while before sending more messages. The only solution is to wait it out and take a break from sending PMs.

The criteria for "too many, too fast" and how long you must wait are both inconsistent and unknown, probably by design. If we knew exactly how long it took, the actual bots and spammers would be able to work around the parameters to maximize their output. Give it a couple hours or even a day, and she'll be able to send messages again.

If she isn't seeing that error message or she's having a different issue, could either of you include more details about the problem?
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge

kskakskd thank you! i sent it to her, here’s to hoping that’s what it is ahaha
@NightmareJudge

kskakskd thank you! i sent it to her, here’s to hoping that’s what it is ahaha
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
I can´t send messages and there is always an error popping up I waited a day and a couple of hours but still nothing.
I can´t send messages and there is always an error popping up I waited a day and a couple of hours but still nothing.
Hey
@PinkPanda11 If you have a question it's better to make your own thread rather than posting in an already resolved one :D

What does the error message say?
@PinkPanda11 If you have a question it's better to make your own thread rather than posting in an already resolved one :D

What does the error message say?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
It says please wait until sending a message.
It says please wait until sending a message.
Hey
@PinkPanda11 Then this reply contains all the information you need. You've hit the spam filter and will need to wait before you can send any more messages.
If you wait until tomorrow you should be able to send messages again.
@PinkPanda11 Then this reply contains all the information you need. You've hit the spam filter and will need to wait before you can send any more messages.
If you wait until tomorrow you should be able to send messages again.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Well thanks that was some what helpful.
Well thanks that was some what helpful.
Hey