Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone else read dragon riders of pern?

I loved the series so much i'm currently working on making a collection of fan-dragons based off a bunch of the fire lizards.

I loved the series so much i'm currently working on making a collection of fan-dragons based off a bunch of the fire lizards.
My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
I tried one book once and didn't like it. Which is sad because I want to enjoy dragon things but...
I tried one book once and didn't like it. Which is sad because I want to enjoy dragon things but...
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I read the first three books when I could find them, and really liked them. Their writing style is something I had to get used to over time, I’ll be reading the others when I can. You should have fandragons of those dragon characters, I’d like that!
I read the first three books when I could find them, and really liked them. Their writing style is something I had to get used to over time, I’ll be reading the others when I can. You should have fandragons of those dragon characters, I’d like that!
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Jr. High Librarian introduced me to the series when I was in 7th grade. It is what started my obsession with anything dragon related. In college, I did some Pern role-playing. Met Anne McCaffrey and Todd at DragonCon. I have a Pern Tab in my Hibernal Den.

Been meaning to re-read the series.
Jr. High Librarian introduced me to the series when I was in 7th grade. It is what started my obsession with anything dragon related. In college, I did some Pern role-playing. Met Anne McCaffrey and Todd at DragonCon. I have a Pern Tab in my Hibernal Den.

Been meaning to re-read the series.
ZVpCPil.png
I loved these back in the 90's. I've been meaning to go back and see how they hold up.
I loved these back in the 90's. I've been meaning to go back and see how they hold up.
41410.png UMA for sale.
I’m a fan of Pern! It’s a major topic I can infodump on lol. There’s definitely elements that haven’t aged the best, but I still think the books are enjoyable with a little bit of a critical lens and appreciation for what they contributed in their time. It’s not nearly as bad as whatever the abominable JK Rowling is doing… McCaffrey’s heart was probably in the right place, she just had some ideas in the 60s that are questionable in the modern day.

I’ve always liked the weird worldbuilding and unique dragons (I’m a watch-wher stan), though I wish more books focused on green and blue protagonists rather than the golds and bronzes.
I’m a fan of Pern! It’s a major topic I can infodump on lol. There’s definitely elements that haven’t aged the best, but I still think the books are enjoyable with a little bit of a critical lens and appreciation for what they contributed in their time. It’s not nearly as bad as whatever the abominable JK Rowling is doing… McCaffrey’s heart was probably in the right place, she just had some ideas in the 60s that are questionable in the modern day.

I’ve always liked the weird worldbuilding and unique dragons (I’m a watch-wher stan), though I wish more books focused on green and blue protagonists rather than the golds and bronzes.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png