Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me about Ancient Dragons
1 2 3 4
[quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:27:29" ] Favorite breeds of y’all’s? [/quote] Pearlcatcher, though I am torn between Veils and Aberrs when it comes to second-favourite. I love Veils, but I find myself constantly turning back to the two-headed Plague children. I mean, look at these [s]goofy[/s] strong kids [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=112&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=82&winggene=112&wings=119&auth=1a5cd930bca931b95639437e466ce6d2ee899712&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719515/71951485_350.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=120&bodygene=112&breed=20&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=88&winggene=93&wings=31&auth=e57805ecc5f5f545295058786cd67a2bb6abe6be&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:35:37" ] [quote name="GroceryStore" date="2022-10-17 15:50:33" ] First just a quick notice that your really old dragons (and potentially old items) do have a decent amount of value now so just be a little careful if you do plan to resell those. ^^ [/quote] People buy really old dragons? I’ll uhh, be sure not to Exalt anymore XD Oops lol [/quote] Oh dear Arcanist, yes lol don't break the hearts of any old dragon collectors LOL a friend of mine recently left FR and used this resource for their old dragons, maybe it'll help you? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1162110#post_1162110][b]Old Dragon Collectors Association[/b][/url] People collect old dragons for the vintage-ness (having an older birthday) and for the lower ID number. Old dragons become rarer and rarer as the site ages. I mean, not too long ago there was a rush to hatch the 80mil ID number. That's a LOT of dragons, and most of them are "young". The older the better! Your old G1s will have even more value, regardless of their colours. (though, of course, matching colours will raise value, but some old collectors will disregard colours in favour of the age/ID number, and just scatter or cover the dragon to make them work) If there's any dragon you exalted that you regret, there's a service now for bringing back an exalted dragon! You can only do one and there's a cooldown (90 days), so if you do decide to bring one back, choose wisely! The resource can be found under [b]Support[/b], where you then click [b]Self-Service[/b], and then [b]Dragon Restoration[/b]. You can also exalt and restore your progens as often as you like now! So if you want to exalt them for space, or bring them back for any reason, now you can! Edit: Also, if you make a wishlist, 100% let me know! I'd love to gift anything I have lying around, if I happen to have anything you're interested in :) same goes for dragons, I have a few I'm selling and a few I'd be willing to give away (I can send you the thread link if that's something you're interested in, no worries either way! Just want to help out if it's needed/desired c: )
C4nnibal wrote on 2022-10-17 17:27:29:
Favorite breeds of y’all’s?
Pearlcatcher, though I am torn between Veils and Aberrs when it comes to second-favourite. I love Veils, but I find myself constantly turning back to the two-headed Plague children. I mean, look at these goofy strong kids

dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=112&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=82&winggene=112&wings=119&auth=1a5cd930bca931b95639437e466ce6d2ee899712&dummyext=prev.png
71951485_350.png
dragon?age=0&body=120&bodygene=112&breed=20&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=88&winggene=93&wings=31&auth=e57805ecc5f5f545295058786cd67a2bb6abe6be&dummyext=prev.png
C4nnibal wrote on 2022-10-17 17:35:37:
GroceryStore wrote on 2022-10-17 15:50:33:
First just a quick notice that your really old dragons (and potentially old items) do have a decent amount of value now so just be a little careful if you do plan to resell those. ^^

People buy really old dragons? I’ll uhh, be sure not to Exalt anymore XD Oops lol
Oh dear Arcanist, yes lol don't break the hearts of any old dragon collectors LOL a friend of mine recently left FR and used this resource for their old dragons, maybe it'll help you? Old Dragon Collectors Association

People collect old dragons for the vintage-ness (having an older birthday) and for the lower ID number. Old dragons become rarer and rarer as the site ages. I mean, not too long ago there was a rush to hatch the 80mil ID number. That's a LOT of dragons, and most of them are "young". The older the better! Your old G1s will have even more value, regardless of their colours. (though, of course, matching colours will raise value, but some old collectors will disregard colours in favour of the age/ID number, and just scatter or cover the dragon to make them work)

If there's any dragon you exalted that you regret, there's a service now for bringing back an exalted dragon! You can only do one and there's a cooldown (90 days), so if you do decide to bring one back, choose wisely! The resource can be found under Support, where you then click Self-Service, and then Dragon Restoration. You can also exalt and restore your progens as often as you like now! So if you want to exalt them for space, or bring them back for any reason, now you can!

Edit: Also, if you make a wishlist, 100% let me know! I'd love to gift anything I have lying around, if I happen to have anything you're interested in :) same goes for dragons, I have a few I'm selling and a few I'd be willing to give away (I can send you the thread link if that's something you're interested in, no worries either way! Just want to help out if it's needed/desired c: )
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I absolutely love them, and ever since I joined almost 2 months ago, I only have ancient dragons in my lair (excluding hibden).
What do you think of them? It can sometimes be frustrating since they can't wear apparel like modern dragons.
I absolutely love them, and ever since I joined almost 2 months ago, I only have ancient dragons in my lair (excluding hibden).
What do you think of them? It can sometimes be frustrating since they can't wear apparel like modern dragons.
jhdUcrV.gifspacing text here, use whatever you want Ophelia spacing text hereFR+9aC86tUH.png
Ancient-Only Lair
Free Dragons here!
Don't exalt your oldies! services such as old oaks will be glad to pay for anything over 3 years (I believe), digits don't 100% matter!
Don't exalt your oldies! services such as old oaks will be glad to pay for anything over 3 years (I believe), digits don't 100% matter!
come here, to steadfast. you will be safe, in this desert town
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39129149 avatar
[quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:27:29" ] Favorite breeds of y’all’s? [/quote] Bogsneak and wildclaw. The male pose wildclaw is my favorite single pose, but bogs have two great poses (and also the cutest hatchlings imo. one brain cell rolling around in there). Ancient-wise, abbes are my favorite (and there are so many amazing abbe skins out there, rip my wallet lmao) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81139274][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/811393/81139274_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66096281][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/660963/66096281_350.png[/img][/url]
Bogsneak and wildclaw. The male pose wildclaw is my favorite single pose, but bogs have two great poses (and also the cutest hatchlings imo. one brain cell rolling around in there).

Ancient-wise, abbes are my favorite (and there are so many amazing abbe skins out there, rip my wallet lmao)

81139274_350.png

66096281_350.png
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Yeah XD I exalted a small handful upon rejoining, with the thought that I’d start over fresh. Considering this is my first week back in years, I had no idea oldies were desired! I have since managed to save one of them, though I’m admittedly disappointed that the cooldown is so long, which means saving the others is not even an option. But I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the one I saved so he’s stuck with me forever lol.

Thanks guys for the info on these old dragons services! I’ve got a couple dragons I might be willing to re-hone, even though knowing their value kinda has me falling in love with them again. My First Gens I’ll definitely be keeping!

And as for Ancient breeds as a whole, I love them! Abberations kinda remind me of Skydancers, so those are another favorite. Unfortunately, seems I’ve spent a lot on Gaolers and other things, I’ve yet to start breeding them yet RIP XD It is a bummer that they can’t wear apparel and can’t breed with other dragons, not even with other Ancients! But it’s still a LOT of fun seeing what pretty hatchlings certain pairings make.
Yeah XD I exalted a small handful upon rejoining, with the thought that I’d start over fresh. Considering this is my first week back in years, I had no idea oldies were desired! I have since managed to save one of them, though I’m admittedly disappointed that the cooldown is so long, which means saving the others is not even an option. But I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the one I saved so he’s stuck with me forever lol.

Thanks guys for the info on these old dragons services! I’ve got a couple dragons I might be willing to re-hone, even though knowing their value kinda has me falling in love with them again. My First Gens I’ll definitely be keeping!

And as for Ancient breeds as a whole, I love them! Abberations kinda remind me of Skydancers, so those are another favorite. Unfortunately, seems I’ve spent a lot on Gaolers and other things, I’ve yet to start breeding them yet RIP XD It is a bummer that they can’t wear apparel and can’t breed with other dragons, not even with other Ancients! But it’s still a LOT of fun seeing what pretty hatchlings certain pairings make.
Also, all of your dragons are absolutely beautiful! Y’all are making me want to go on a shopping spree
Also, all of your dragons are absolutely beautiful! Y’all are making me want to go on a shopping spree
Welcome back!

We joined a similar time.

There's lots of QOL features you can play with that are "new" to you I expect. You can organize your lair with tabs now for different collections of dragons. The Hibernal Den is a great place to stash dragons (they won't eat in the HibDen) if you want to sit on them a while.

Be sure to visit the Trading Post as there's several ways to earn treasure and items. I visit it daily. ;)

Welcome back!

We joined a similar time.

There's lots of QOL features you can play with that are "new" to you I expect. You can organize your lair with tabs now for different collections of dragons. The Hibernal Den is a great place to stash dragons (they won't eat in the HibDen) if you want to sit on them a while.

Be sure to visit the Trading Post as there's several ways to earn treasure and items. I visit it daily. ;)

Ooohh yeah I’m already absolutely loving the lair organization! Bought a bunch of Ancients that looked funky mixed in with my oldies lol. Organizing those tabs is a lifesaver.
Ooohh yeah I’m already absolutely loving the lair organization! Bought a bunch of Ancients that looked funky mixed in with my oldies lol. Organizing those tabs is a lifesaver.
[quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:27:29" ] Favorite breeds of y’all’s? [/quote] Mine has to be the Obelisk these days, with Aberrations being my new top fave Ancient breed. :D Skydancers also hold a special place in my heart. Used to own so many in my early years. Don't have as much anymore, but I still find them to be the best to dress.

Mine has to be the Obelisk these days, with Aberrations being my new top fave Ancient breed. :D Skydancers also hold a special place in my heart. Used to own so many in my early years. Don't have as much anymore, but I still find them to be the best to dress.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2022-10-18 08:50:40" ] [quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:27:29" ] Favorite breeds of y’all’s? [/quote] Mine has to be the Obelisk these days, with Aberrations being my new top fave Ancient breed. :D Skydancers also hold a special place in my heart. Used to own so many in my early years. Don't have as much anymore, but I still find them to be the best to dress. [/quote] Lol it looks like a lot of us on here have joined around the same time! XD Just took a peek at Obelisk species, not bad! Yeah I’m the same about Skydancers, have had and always will have a soft spot for them.
Sinnabelle wrote on 2022-10-18 08:50:40:

Mine has to be the Obelisk these days, with Aberrations being my new top fave Ancient breed. :D Skydancers also hold a special place in my heart. Used to own so many in my early years. Don't have as much anymore, but I still find them to be the best to dress.

Lol it looks like a lot of us on here have joined around the same time! XD Just took a peek at Obelisk species, not bad! Yeah I’m the same about Skydancers, have had and always will have a soft spot for them.
1 2 3 4