Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me about Ancient Dragons
1 2 3 4
Hey y’all! So it’s admittedly been several years since I played. Kinda *poofed* out of existence a while back and just returned a few days ago. Not sure exactly when I was last active but this is my first forum post in 6 years, so… ???? A LOT has changed since last I played, including a TON of new dragon species and markings! Already fell in love with a few of the new breeds.

So, yeah! I’d love to make some friends. Here’s a question: when did Ancient breeds get introduced? I don’t remember seeing them last time I was on. But I also recall obsessing over Skydancers at the time so I could have just missed them lol
Hey y’all! So it’s admittedly been several years since I played. Kinda *poofed* out of existence a while back and just returned a few days ago. Not sure exactly when I was last active but this is my first forum post in 6 years, so… ???? A LOT has changed since last I played, including a TON of new dragon species and markings! Already fell in love with a few of the new breeds.

So, yeah! I’d love to make some friends. Here’s a question: when did Ancient breeds get introduced? I don’t remember seeing them last time I was on. But I also recall obsessing over Skydancers at the time so I could have just missed them lol
Welcome back to Flight Rising!

First just a quick notice that your really old dragons (and potentially old items) do have a decent amount of value now so just be a little careful if you do plan to resell those. ^^

And to answer your question the first ancient breed (Gaolers) were released roughly 3 years ago for the anniversary if I recall correctly.

Welcome back to Flight Rising!

First just a quick notice that your really old dragons (and potentially old items) do have a decent amount of value now so just be a little careful if you do plan to resell those. ^^

And to answer your question the first ancient breed (Gaolers) were released roughly 3 years ago for the anniversary if I recall correctly.

z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
hey welcome back! :) ancient breeds have been around for awhile now; which is your favorite so far?
hey welcome back! :) ancient breeds have been around for awhile now; which is your favorite so far?
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon
Welcome back to FR! I think there's a forum guide that shows a list of all updates/announcements in chronological order, but I can't find it.

To answer the Ancient question:
Gaolers (pronounced jailer) were the first Ancient breed introduced to FR on the 6th anniversary (2019). Then came the Banescales in December of that same year, and then Veilspuns in 2020. Aberrations are the recent ones released this year. The point of Ancient dragons coming into play was so that we can continuously get new breeds more frequently (about 2 a year). The only downfall is that the same ancient breed can only be paired with the same exact ancient breed when it comes to nesting. They also cannot wear apparel at all (hence the sped up new-breed releases). You can, however, give them skins/accents. c:
Welcome back to FR! I think there's a forum guide that shows a list of all updates/announcements in chronological order, but I can't find it.

To answer the Ancient question:
Gaolers (pronounced jailer) were the first Ancient breed introduced to FR on the 6th anniversary (2019). Then came the Banescales in December of that same year, and then Veilspuns in 2020. Aberrations are the recent ones released this year. The point of Ancient dragons coming into play was so that we can continuously get new breeds more frequently (about 2 a year). The only downfall is that the same ancient breed can only be paired with the same exact ancient breed when it comes to nesting. They also cannot wear apparel at all (hence the sped up new-breed releases). You can, however, give them skins/accents. c:
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
What's your favorite new breed
What's your favorite new breed
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Hey there! Welcome back!

I joined FR about the time you left I think (I joined May 2016, your last forum post is Aug 2016) and yeah, things sure have changed a lot! Here are a bunch of notable improvements to the site from my neck of the woods:

Private auctions and the reworked auction house! We have a rolling till instead of needing to claim things from our PMs constantly! It's awesome!

Lair updates! We have tabs and descriptions!!! The filter is awesome when looking for dragons.

The hibernal den is useful. So useful. So, so useful. It's (currently) 449 more slots for dragons, unlocked with either gems or completing tasks. You can't do everything with dragons you put in the Hibden -- no feeding, but they don't lose energy either, no selling or bonding with familiars -- but it's honestly a great resource since hatchlings still grow up in it. Watch out for the cooldown, though! Dragons that have been brought out of the hibden can't go back down until 30 days have passed.

We have 215 lair spaces and 449 hibden slots, meaning we can all have a max of 664 dragons. Really nice!

Tripp and Pipp are working full-time at Swipp's now! We get three trades every 2 hours instead of a chance for 1-3.

I forget when this was implemented, but fests now start at 06:00 FRT Saturday morning instead of rollover, and they end at 06:00 FRT on the following Sunday. Save your gathering turns!

The Grand Exchange! Skins and fest items are there now. Spare inventory crates, also known as JoxBoxes, are once-a-fest purchases you make and they have the chance to give you fest items from the 2018 fests and beyond, as well as item recolors available in Joxar's Spare Inventory!

Bears were removed from NotN and are now, uh, very pricy. Sprites have also shot up, but they were never in NotN.

You don't need to buy every familiar to get their entries unlocked in the Bestiary! It's been updated to be either 1. you own it or 2. you've awakened it, which is a great compliment for Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, a new trading post addition where you can pat a random selection of 8 familiars each day!

Coliseum update!! Keyboard controls are a godsend. Also, every once in a while (at least once a season) we get a short period of +50% exp! Super fun.

Glimmer and Gloom! Best way to max out fairgrounds, period. Because it's a tile-flipper, it just took a couple people who're good at math to figure out ways to solve every single possible tile arrangement, and there are now tons of guides to help you max out fairgrounds in under an hour, under 20 minutes if you're good.

Fest currency and other stuff now drop from pretty much every daily activity when they're in season -- reducing things in Baldwin, Tomo's, Crim's, Pinkerton's, Swipp's, bonding with familiars, starting and hatching nests, and exalting all have the chance to drop fest currency! Makes the fest grinds so much more fun (and easy if you can't do the coli for whatever reason).

The item database. We now have an on-site way to look up information about all items -- where they drop, how much they sell for, etc etc. You can search for anything. It's so good. My beloved.

Eye types! Oh man, you weren't here for eye types! Skimming over the not liked bits, dragon eyes can now have variations! They range from simple color variations (a certain element's common eyes will look different from its uncommon, unusual, rare, etc eyes) to entirely new looks (pun intended -- multigaze adds a ton of eyes down a dragon, primal gives them special elemental-themed eyes -- and there's even more out there).

The Dev Tracker! On the front page you'll see a thing that lets you look up recent dev responses! Very handy for looking up information.

Bounty of the Elements! Lots of lore, lots of implications. The Tidelord's gone. And he's not coming back anytime soon. As a Droplet I have to mention that, even if I don't think it's very good :,)

World map update? WORLD MAP UPDATE!! You can change where your lair is inside your flight, and we have 8 more locations each to move to, too!

There's a ton more I'm probably forgetting, but the Which Waystone will probably also be able to help you out! It's been a long six years since 2016, and a lot of things have changed. I hope you get your bearings soon!
Hey there! Welcome back!

I joined FR about the time you left I think (I joined May 2016, your last forum post is Aug 2016) and yeah, things sure have changed a lot! Here are a bunch of notable improvements to the site from my neck of the woods:

Private auctions and the reworked auction house! We have a rolling till instead of needing to claim things from our PMs constantly! It's awesome!

Lair updates! We have tabs and descriptions!!! The filter is awesome when looking for dragons.

The hibernal den is useful. So useful. So, so useful. It's (currently) 449 more slots for dragons, unlocked with either gems or completing tasks. You can't do everything with dragons you put in the Hibden -- no feeding, but they don't lose energy either, no selling or bonding with familiars -- but it's honestly a great resource since hatchlings still grow up in it. Watch out for the cooldown, though! Dragons that have been brought out of the hibden can't go back down until 30 days have passed.

We have 215 lair spaces and 449 hibden slots, meaning we can all have a max of 664 dragons. Really nice!

Tripp and Pipp are working full-time at Swipp's now! We get three trades every 2 hours instead of a chance for 1-3.

I forget when this was implemented, but fests now start at 06:00 FRT Saturday morning instead of rollover, and they end at 06:00 FRT on the following Sunday. Save your gathering turns!

The Grand Exchange! Skins and fest items are there now. Spare inventory crates, also known as JoxBoxes, are once-a-fest purchases you make and they have the chance to give you fest items from the 2018 fests and beyond, as well as item recolors available in Joxar's Spare Inventory!

Bears were removed from NotN and are now, uh, very pricy. Sprites have also shot up, but they were never in NotN.

You don't need to buy every familiar to get their entries unlocked in the Bestiary! It's been updated to be either 1. you own it or 2. you've awakened it, which is a great compliment for Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, a new trading post addition where you can pat a random selection of 8 familiars each day!

Coliseum update!! Keyboard controls are a godsend. Also, every once in a while (at least once a season) we get a short period of +50% exp! Super fun.

Glimmer and Gloom! Best way to max out fairgrounds, period. Because it's a tile-flipper, it just took a couple people who're good at math to figure out ways to solve every single possible tile arrangement, and there are now tons of guides to help you max out fairgrounds in under an hour, under 20 minutes if you're good.

Fest currency and other stuff now drop from pretty much every daily activity when they're in season -- reducing things in Baldwin, Tomo's, Crim's, Pinkerton's, Swipp's, bonding with familiars, starting and hatching nests, and exalting all have the chance to drop fest currency! Makes the fest grinds so much more fun (and easy if you can't do the coli for whatever reason).

The item database. We now have an on-site way to look up information about all items -- where they drop, how much they sell for, etc etc. You can search for anything. It's so good. My beloved.

Eye types! Oh man, you weren't here for eye types! Skimming over the not liked bits, dragon eyes can now have variations! They range from simple color variations (a certain element's common eyes will look different from its uncommon, unusual, rare, etc eyes) to entirely new looks (pun intended -- multigaze adds a ton of eyes down a dragon, primal gives them special elemental-themed eyes -- and there's even more out there).

The Dev Tracker! On the front page you'll see a thing that lets you look up recent dev responses! Very handy for looking up information.

Bounty of the Elements! Lots of lore, lots of implications. The Tidelord's gone. And he's not coming back anytime soon. As a Droplet I have to mention that, even if I don't think it's very good :,)

World map update? WORLD MAP UPDATE!! You can change where your lair is inside your flight, and we have 8 more locations each to move to, too!

There's a ton more I'm probably forgetting, but the Which Waystone will probably also be able to help you out! It's been a long six years since 2016, and a lot of things have changed. I hope you get your bearings soon!
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2022-10-17 15:58:06" ] Welcome back to FR! I think there's a forum guide that shows a list of all updates/announcements in chronological order, but I can't find it. [/quote] Luckily, I've got the guide bookmarked! Here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3053598 It has pretty much everything people have said above, plus more :] With links to the related announcement posts so you can read about it yourself! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Welcome back ^^
Sinnabelle wrote on 2022-10-17 15:58:06:
Luckily, I've got the guide bookmarked! Here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3053598

It has pretty much everything people have said above, plus more :] With links to the related announcement posts so you can read about it yourself! Welcome back ^^
"link • ufology
they/he/she
Wooah I completely forgot to keep tabs on this thread so I’m a bit late on responses X’D Thanks guys for responding! Great to have some people to talk to! It looks like Ancient breeds came around while I was gone then. I joined in 2015 and I… think… I started my hiatus between 2016-2017? So I definitely missed SO MUCH! Haven’t had a chance to look at all the new breeds, so I’m not sure on my favorite breed yet lol. However, it seems my soft spot for Skydancers is still there. And I’m getting into Gaoler! So those are definitely two favorites. All of you have given me so much useful information, thank you!! Absolutely LOVE the new eyes. So much variety. And as for games, I’ve been finding the best luck by parking it in Artifracture. Been racking up some good numbers there.

Favorite breeds of y’all’s?
Wooah I completely forgot to keep tabs on this thread so I’m a bit late on responses X’D Thanks guys for responding! Great to have some people to talk to! It looks like Ancient breeds came around while I was gone then. I joined in 2015 and I… think… I started my hiatus between 2016-2017? So I definitely missed SO MUCH! Haven’t had a chance to look at all the new breeds, so I’m not sure on my favorite breed yet lol. However, it seems my soft spot for Skydancers is still there. And I’m getting into Gaoler! So those are definitely two favorites. All of you have given me so much useful information, thank you!! Absolutely LOVE the new eyes. So much variety. And as for games, I’ve been finding the best luck by parking it in Artifracture. Been racking up some good numbers there.

[quote name="C4nnibal" date="2022-10-17 17:27:29" ] Favorite breeds of y’all’s? [/quote] Wildclaw.
C4nnibal wrote on 2022-10-17 17:27:29:
Wildclaw.
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="GroceryStore" date="2022-10-17 15:50:33" ] First just a quick notice that your really old dragons (and potentially old items) do have a decent amount of value now so just be a little careful if you do plan to resell those. ^^ [/quote] People buy really old dragons? I’ll uhh, be sure not to Exalt anymore XD Oops lol
GroceryStore wrote on 2022-10-17 15:50:33:

People buy really old dragons? I’ll uhh, be sure not to Exalt anymore XD Oops lol
1 2 3 4