Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Give back the battlelisk weapons!
1 2 3
So, the art was changed, because presumably someone shouts loud enough that it bears a resemblance to real life cruelty.

Somehow, the knives, swords, axes, bows, and scythes and the various armors apparently don't? The numerous amounts of ferrets having their own military system don't allude to wars and the cruelties it entails? Was the bones meant to be made from plaster because nothing died to make it exist? Was the veteran scratches meant the dragons are just born with it? Was the antlers just made from plaster?

While this may be a minor issue, it does show to me that if someone shouts loud enough, the decision of the devs could be overturned, alongside the inconsistency that creatures can wear armor and be involved in wars, except whenever someone doesn't like it, apparently?

They are no longer battle creatures at this point without the weapons.
So, the art was changed, because presumably someone shouts loud enough that it bears a resemblance to real life cruelty.

Somehow, the knives, swords, axes, bows, and scythes and the various armors apparently don't? The numerous amounts of ferrets having their own military system don't allude to wars and the cruelties it entails? Was the bones meant to be made from plaster because nothing died to make it exist? Was the veteran scratches meant the dragons are just born with it? Was the antlers just made from plaster?

While this may be a minor issue, it does show to me that if someone shouts loud enough, the decision of the devs could be overturned, alongside the inconsistency that creatures can wear armor and be involved in wars, except whenever someone doesn't like it, apparently?

They are no longer battle creatures at this point without the weapons.
From [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3166048/11#post_52143059]this thread: [quote name="Undel" date="2022-09-03 14:19:43" ] Hello everyone. As much as I enjoy bird teeth discourse, I'm going to be locking this thread for now as gone off topic into discussing our rules/policies. The blades were removed because they are still used today in animal abuse where they will be strapped to a rooster until one slices the other to death and people gamble on it. There is no other purpose or use for the blades. These particular blades were visually 1:1 what is used in cockfighting, and were attached to a rooster-shaped opponent. It's not something that we want to keep in the game (I approved the original familiar, and no, I didn't know what they looked like when I did so.) We can look into adding battle weaponry for the battlelisks after the weekend. Weapons and armor is fine for our creatures to wear while run headlong into battle royal with dragons and other mythological creatures. It's far enough removed from reality and within what we consider fantasy. (heck, we are even not against putting blades on other creatures arms - it was the spur-blades on a rooster shaped familiar that was simply too much.) [/quote] Essentially the Devs are looking into giving the Battlelisks alternate weapons that aren't so visually close to real-life animal abuse paraphernalia. It'll just be a bit because this is a holiday weekend in the States. Also No Support, because the Devs have already given their opinion on this, are trying to come to a compromise and because quite frankly your tone is unnecessarily combative and it makes this whole suggestion feel very...angry.
From this thread:

Undel wrote on 2022-09-03 14:19:43:
Hello everyone.

As much as I enjoy bird teeth discourse, I'm going to be locking this thread for now as gone off topic into discussing our rules/policies.

The blades were removed because they are still used today in animal abuse where they will be strapped to a rooster until one slices the other to death and people gamble on it. There is no other purpose or use for the blades. These particular blades were visually 1:1 what is used in cockfighting, and were attached to a rooster-shaped opponent. It's not something that we want to keep in the game (I approved the original familiar, and no, I didn't know what they looked like when I did so.)

We can look into adding battle weaponry for the battlelisks after the weekend.

Weapons and armor is fine for our creatures to wear while run headlong into battle royal with dragons and other mythological creatures. It's far enough removed from reality and within what we consider fantasy. (heck, we are even not against putting blades on other creatures arms - it was the spur-blades on a rooster shaped familiar that was simply too much.)

Essentially the Devs are looking into giving the Battlelisks alternate weapons that aren't so visually close to real-life animal abuse paraphernalia. It'll just be a bit because this is a holiday weekend in the States.

Also No Support, because the Devs have already given their opinion on this, are trying to come to a compromise and because quite frankly your tone is unnecessarily combative and it makes this whole suggestion feel very...angry.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Never heard of cockfighting?

They sometimes strap metal blades to the legs of roosters so they can more effectively and brutally kill other roosters for the entertainment of humans who like to see animals die. Metal blades that were identical in appearance and placement to the battlelisk blades. I'm glad they took that part of it away, even if the familiar is honestly inseparable from the idea of cockfighting in context. It's a horrible, abusive, bloody practice that really has no business being so closely referenced on a dragon petsite, and if we're going to have the familiar at all (which I'm surprised they made and that I'm personally not comfortable with to begin with), I'd rather it either have no weapons or at least weapons that don't reference the real world bloodsport that is extremely alive today and is far from a "minor issue".

They sometimes strap metal blades to the legs of roosters so they can more effectively and brutally kill other roosters for the entertainment of humans who like to see animals die. Metal blades that were identical in appearance and placement to the battlelisk blades. I'm glad they took that part of it away, even if the familiar is honestly inseparable from the idea of cockfighting in context. It's a horrible, abusive, bloody practice that really has no business being so closely referenced on a dragon petsite, and if we're going to have the familiar at all (which I'm surprised they made and that I'm personally not comfortable with to begin with), I'd rather it either have no weapons or at least weapons that don't reference the real world bloodsport that is extremely alive today and is far from a "minor issue".
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2022-09-05 18:21:07" ] Never heard of cockfighting? They sometimes strap metal blades to the legs of roosters so they can more effectively and brutally kill other roosters. Metal blades that were identical in appearance and placement to the battlelisk blades. I'm glad they took that part of it away, even if the familiar is honestly inseparable from the idea of cockfighting in context. It's a horrible, abusive, bloody practice that really has no business being so closely referenced on a dragon petsite, and if we're going to have the familiar at all (which I'm surprised they made to begin with), I'd rather it either have no weapons or at least weapons that don't reference the real world bloodsport that is extremely alive today and is far from a "minor issue". [/quote] And was weasels having entire war gear and tigers having historical war gear particularly in the Arena fine, but, for lack of better word, if a chicken creature have a weapon in a realistic place where they would have weapons, it is suddenly offensive? Not everything has to be a reference. I’m sure the swords isn’t actual reference to you know, wars.
Tserin wrote on 2022-09-05 18:21:07:

They sometimes strap metal blades to the legs of roosters so they can more effectively and brutally kill other roosters. Metal blades that were identical in appearance and placement to the battlelisk blades. I'm glad they took that part of it away, even if the familiar is honestly inseparable from the idea of cockfighting in context. It's a horrible, abusive, bloody practice that really has no business being so closely referenced on a dragon petsite, and if we're going to have the familiar at all (which I'm surprised they made to begin with), I'd rather it either have no weapons or at least weapons that don't reference the real world bloodsport that is extremely alive today and is far from a "minor issue".

And was weasels having entire war gear and tigers having historical war gear particularly in the Arena fine, but, for lack of better word, if a chicken creature have a weapon in a realistic place where they would have weapons, it is suddenly offensive? Not everything has to be a reference. I’m sure the swords isn’t actual reference to you know, wars.
Weasels do not have entire war gear in real life. Roosters do get metal blades strapped to them for bloodsport in real life.
Weasels do not have entire war gear in real life. Roosters do get metal blades strapped to them for bloodsport in real life.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
[quote name="Twizz" date="2022-09-05 18:17:25" ] From [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3166048/11#post_52143059]this thread: [quote name="Undel" date="2022-09-03 14:19:43" ] Hello everyone. As much as I enjoy bird teeth discourse, I'm going to be locking this thread for now as gone off topic into discussing our rules/policies. The blades were removed because they are still used today in animal abuse where they will be strapped to a rooster until one slices the other to death and people gamble on it. There is no other purpose or use for the blades. These particular blades were visually 1:1 what is used in cockfighting, and were attached to a rooster-shaped opponent. It's not something that we want to keep in the game (I approved the original familiar, and no, I didn't know what they looked like when I did so.) We can look into adding battle weaponry for the battlelisks after the weekend. Weapons and armor is fine for our creatures to wear while run headlong into battle royal with dragons and other mythological creatures. It's far enough removed from reality and within what we consider fantasy. (heck, we are even not against putting blades on other creatures arms - it was the spur-blades on a rooster shaped familiar that was simply too much.) [/quote] Essentially the Devs are looking into giving the Battlelisks alternate weapons that aren't so visually close to real-life animal abuse paraphernalia. It'll just be a bit because this is a holiday weekend in the States. Also No Support, because the Devs have already given their opinion on this, are trying to come to a compromise and because quite frankly your tone is unnecessarily combative and it makes this whole suggestion feel very...angry. [/quote] Was it? My apologies for that then. English is not my first language, and it sounded better in my head. Frankly the whole thing is just bewildering. Also, visually close does not mean it is the same? I’m sure swords aren’t meant to be a metaphor to true wars
Twizz wrote on 2022-09-05 18:17:25:
From this thread:

Undel wrote on 2022-09-03 14:19:43:
Hello everyone.

As much as I enjoy bird teeth discourse, I'm going to be locking this thread for now as gone off topic into discussing our rules/policies.

The blades were removed because they are still used today in animal abuse where they will be strapped to a rooster until one slices the other to death and people gamble on it. There is no other purpose or use for the blades. These particular blades were visually 1:1 what is used in cockfighting, and were attached to a rooster-shaped opponent. It's not something that we want to keep in the game (I approved the original familiar, and no, I didn't know what they looked like when I did so.)

We can look into adding battle weaponry for the battlelisks after the weekend.

Weapons and armor is fine for our creatures to wear while run headlong into battle royal with dragons and other mythological creatures. It's far enough removed from reality and within what we consider fantasy. (heck, we are even not against putting blades on other creatures arms - it was the spur-blades on a rooster shaped familiar that was simply too much.)

Essentially the Devs are looking into giving the Battlelisks alternate weapons that aren't so visually close to real-life animal abuse paraphernalia. It'll just be a bit because this is a holiday weekend in the States.

Also No Support, because the Devs have already given their opinion on this, are trying to come to a compromise and because quite frankly your tone is unnecessarily combative and it makes this whole suggestion feel very...angry.

Was it? My apologies for that then. English is not my first language, and it sounded better in my head. Frankly the whole thing is just bewildering.

Also, visually close does not mean it is the same? I’m sure swords aren’t meant to be a metaphor to true wars
The devs have already said their piece on this. We don't need more threads popping up about it tbh. As much as I wish the blades had stayed, no support for changing it back now for obvious reasons.
The devs have already said their piece on this. We don't need more threads popping up about it tbh. As much as I wish the blades had stayed, no support for changing it back now for obvious reasons.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Just in case it gets missed in an edit, here's a battlelisk and the real life blades. They're literally the same thing. (and dear god do not look up the blades if you don't want to see terrible photos of injured or dead roosters, it's sickening) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767993560985108486/1015677628822331553/46535.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PMgRbEM.png[/img]
Just in case it gets missed in an edit, here's a battlelisk and the real life blades. They're literally the same thing.
(and dear god do not look up the blades if you don't want to see terrible photos of injured or dead roosters, it's sickening)
46535.png
PMgRbEM.png
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
[quote name="Tserin" date="2022-09-05 18:28:22" ] Weasels do not have entire war gear in real life. Roosters do get metal blades strapped to them for bloodsport in real life. [/quote] Neither does actual roosters have armor or bat wings, I think? In the end, you can’t compare fantasy violence to real violence. The battle part of their namesake is null as of now.
Tserin wrote on 2022-09-05 18:28:22:

Neither does actual roosters have armor or bat wings, I think? In the end, you can’t compare fantasy violence to real violence. The battle part of their namesake is null as of now.
,,roosters have wings.

Okay, but you're comparing historical weapons and armor to a real life, currently existing animal abuse bloodsport. I think it's also relevant that FR doesn't allow the depiction of modern war weapons - swords, axes, etc. are fine but machine guns are not. I don't think it's unreasonable to remove something that currently exists in an abusive practice and keep items that are, generally, no longer used in war like swords and bows.

The battle part isn't null. They're still in an aggressive pose, with aggressive body language, and the devs are looking to incorporate a less "real-life relevant" weapon alternative to them.

No one wants to see animal abuse depicted on a petsite. Metal blades on a rooster are depicting animal abuse because literally the only purpose for them is in cockfighting. Something I'm sure is happening somewhere right now as we speak - it's terrifyingly common.
,,roosters have wings.

Okay, but you're comparing historical weapons and armor to a real life, currently existing animal abuse bloodsport. I think it's also relevant that FR doesn't allow the depiction of modern war weapons - swords, axes, etc. are fine but machine guns are not. I don't think it's unreasonable to remove something that currently exists in an abusive practice and keep items that are, generally, no longer used in war like swords and bows.

The battle part isn't null. They're still in an aggressive pose, with aggressive body language, and the devs are looking to incorporate a less "real-life relevant" weapon alternative to them.

No one wants to see animal abuse depicted on a petsite. Metal blades on a rooster are depicting animal abuse because literally the only purpose for them is in cockfighting. Something I'm sure is happening somewhere right now as we speak - it's terrifyingly common.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
1 2 3